It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

The method the fda uses to test the shrimp is a smell test.
There has been no true data collections done on the shrimp that have reached the market since the spill.

I used to do a little shrimping back in the day, there IS a difference in smell between healthy and unhealthy shrimp. It is a technique we use for many years. I agree there is not enough studies to prove that the test works, but it worked for centuries within my family. I came across pretty bad smelling shrimp too, those small suckers can pack a stench.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Woke up this morning to read about the increase in underground methane. I am extremely skeptical that the Mocondo Well is the catalyst of the situation but merely the earth going through a natural cycle. When your government tells you that the US is running out of energy you can successfully point to south louisiana and say "They have so much fuel their, the ground is bubbling" lol.

We have to stop believing that it is always human error. Maybe we are seeing the same energy that is breaking the Indo-Australian plate.

Which brings me to something I have been seeing since August. Not on the ground but in the air. Local air traffic has always been ranging from crop dusters at normal altitude to jet liners at there high altitude. But in the past couple months, I have seen military air activity. They were bold enough to even pass a drone over. It was following the route of Bayou Lafourche back up to the Mississippi. Thing is, that is the direction of the sinkhole. The closest airbase is in Belle Chase, Louisiana. I've seen the drone a couple times and a F-17 early august. It was the second time in my lifetime I seen an F-series jet fighter pass over stupid low.

edit on 8-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This article from a local news source compares Bayou Corne to similar events in the past including the massive explosion in Downtown Hutchinson, Kansas in 2001. 150 residents have been evacuated and vents are being drilled to relieve pressure. Hopefully, they can resolve this thing before it turns into a disaster.
theadvocate.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have been following this thread as well as several other sources from MSM and alternate media to YouTube. I have read and seen everything from locals saying there is little or nothing wrong to hysterically screaming alarmists telling us the world as we know it will end in as little as a few more hours. But I have also seen some officials, both local and federal, saying that there indeed something to worry about including the uncertain proximity of the sinkhole to a dome storing 1.5 million barrels of liquified butane. In short, there is so much obvious disinformation and ill informed misinformation as well as some information from sources we should we able to trust (although they are mighty few these days) saying that we are in the deep doodoo that it is nearly impossible to ascertain what really is true and what is not.

But after careful consideration here is IMHO what I think is most likely the real situation. Graphics of the salt dome system show a seriously complex set of interconnections between a very large number of salt domes covering a huge area of both the offshore and onshore coastal areas of not only Louisiana but adjoining states. This means that without some real knowledge of what is underground it is nearly impossible to really know how much danger the Parish Corne salt dome collapse will present to other salt domes in the area.

It has already been confirmed from at least two agencies, a local sheriff and FEMA or DHS, that there is some radioactive waste storage either in the collapsing dome or one it is connected to. While that could prove to be quite bad for a small area around the dome it is not going to create an end of the world scenario for the southeast by itself.

The real threat comes from the possible proximity to other close by domes containing much more dangerous substances. These substances include natural methane and/or crude oil infiltration under pressure into one or more of the domes as well as stored natural gas (possibly as LNG or high pressure compressed natural gas), stored diesel fuel and stored liquid butane under high pressure.

It is the high pressure gasses and high pressure liquified gasses that present the most danger to large areas of the southeast. I think most, if not all, of us have seen news footage of the inferno that can result from the rupture of even a small gas pipeline. Just imagine if a whole salt dome containing truly massive amounts of any one of these pressurized flammables were to be breached and ignite. Even relatively small ruptures and fires from a pipeline will have some serious updraft. And when you have updraft you have to have air movement from the surrounding area to feed the updraft. The updraft from a fully breached and ignited dome of any one of the above mentioned pressurized fuels would also require equally huge amounts of makeup air from the surrounding area. While the fireball would be devastating for the immediate area it is hard to tell just how far out from the fire the 100 MPH plus makeup winds would cause total destruction but it would not be pretty. But even that does not threaten the entire southeastern United States.

Continued in next post...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Continued from previous post...

I have also seen speculation that the B P Macondo well disaster and the salt dome collapse are linked somehow. The reality, again IMHO, is that I don't think anyone knows that for sure. It could be one influencing the other or they could be completely separate events. Either way there is evidence that the whole seabed around the Macondo well to a distance of at least 25 miles is bulging and leaking crude and methane. While the crude is a problem it is the methane that presents the real danger. At that depth and low temperature most of the methane will not make it to the surface. Instead it will consolidate into an icy mush that is called methane ice and is actually methane hydrate. The trouble with methane hydrate is that it is the combination of high pressure and low temperature near the sea floor that keeps it in the hydrate form. If the temperature rises or the pressure drops it will turn violently back into methane gas and water. Another trigger would be a large scale physical disturbance. like an earthquake or a breach of the sea bed, by a bubble of pressurized gas or crude. It would be just like shaking up a freshly opened can of soda but on a near biblical scale.

So now we have two disasters (linked or not) waiting to happen. Let me digress for a minute; you will see why when I come back on topic.

There is a bomb type known as a fuel/air bomb. When one is set off a large amount of fuel (in the form of a compressed liquid gas) is let loose along with enough oxygen to make an explosive mixture. After allowing it to expand to the optimum distance it is ignited by a secondary explosive charge. The explosive power of this type of bomb has earned it the nickname of "The Poor Man's Nuke".

Now back on topic. Even though the breach of a gas or a liquified gas is not under the same control as the fuel/air bomb it will nevertheless react in the same way in that all it takes is enough mixing with air and a small spark to set it off. Now just imagine, if a bomb small enough to be carried in an airplane can cause that destruction, what do you think something thousands of times bigger (even though not as efficient) will do.

Now for my summary...

There are still too many unknown factors to accurately predict what will happen but the threat is high enough that if I were living in that area I would hope and pray for the best but prepare for the worst. In other words I would get out of Dodge, metaphorically speaking, on my knees.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Could you explain that speculation between the BP well head and this sinkhole please? It is the first i have heard of it and i really have no idea how they could possibly be linked. I am definitely up for educating on it though!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Don't want to derail this, but regarding your post about the military craft, I live in the Chicago area. Since early August, my wife and I and a couple friends have been seeing a lot more transports and fighters fly over than we normally would (typically very rare.) the transports seemed to be flying very low, but were not on a "normal" O'Hare trajectory. Who knows, could juat be a lot of shifts of equipment, etc to different bases, or coukd be something else is up.

As far as the sinkhole, and reports of fema plans related to new Madrid, etc., I'm glad they're preparing, but I wonder if they know something we don't. (or are planning something) - a 9.0 or greater IS possible at that fault, which could literally fundamentally change our nation's geography as well as result in potentially hundreds of thousands of deaths, if not millions. Will it happen anytime soon? Doubtful, but it could just as easily happen next month as in the year 3945.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by happykat39

Could you explain that speculation between the BP well head and this sinkhole please? It is the first i have heard of it and i really have no idea how they could possibly be linked. I am definitely up for educating on it though!

While the connection has not been proven the people claiming that there is a connection are basing it on the fact that the Macondo well was drilled close enough to a salt dome to breach it. It is that breach along with the unexpectedly high pressure in the well that is speculated to be the main cause of the Macondo well failure. Then they assume that because of the rather large number of interconnected salt domes that the pressurized gas and crude still causing leaks in the area of the Macondo well is also bleeding off into other salt domes and fissures leading eventually to the Parish Corne salt dome area.

It is a stretch but not totally out of the realm of possibility, just not very probable. I only mentioned it in my post to maintain a sense of completeness in my coverage based on everything being postulated by both the sane and the insane pundits.
edit on 8-10-2012 by happykat39 because: typo and syntax correction

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I think because there was an oil slick spotted near the BP well last week, plus during the oil spill there were articles like this that depicted what could happen in regards to the salt domes.
Diagrammatic Illustration of BP's Deepwater Horizon Blowout

Also, I though this was interesting because it took place during 2010 & the deep water spill:
Oil well blowout in Louisiana

Also- many speculate that the CorExit that was used as a dispersant is still at work.
edit on 8-10-2012 by AuntB because: whoops

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
reply to post by Flavian

I think because there was an oil slick spotted near the BP well last week, plus during the oil spill there were articles like this that depicted what could happen in regards to the salt domes.
Diagrammatic Illustration of BP's Deepwater Horizon Blowout

Also, I though this was interesting because it took place during 2010 & the deep water spill:
Oil well blowout in Louisiana

Also- many speculate that the CorExit that was used as a dispersant is still at work.
edit on 8-10-2012 by AuntB because: whoops

It totally wasn't raining oil lol, I remember that.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I stated earlier that chemicals have always been dumped in the Gulf of Mexico, it is just who do you want to blame more. Government or Private Business. This article was posted today. I am think this may build up to a bigger coverup.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
link to regular updates and photos ... assumptionla.wordpress.com...
link to site map with 16 of the "bubbling" areas identified ... www.edsuite.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Did you laugh at sensationalism? Raining oil for a mile is a great story, without that slight fabrication the story is kind of boring.

Now regarding your link to the munitions and stuff that is currently in the Gulf, I just can't comment or can't fathom. I never wanted to see the words mustard gas and shrimp nets in the same sentence.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Why isnt this in

Fragile Earth discussions?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

No mam, I seen the gusher and I was laughing that they described it as rain. Bad time to laugh, my apologies.

But my article to the weapons being in the Gulf is to put a mirror to the situation and to show the government is worse than BP ever was when it came to biological and environmental pollution. They seek to persecute others to hide the crimes they have committed.

The best part is, who is to say Russia isn't going to go covert ops and decide to torpedo a underwater cache of disposed weapons. Who is to say they didn't cause the Deepwater Horizon to blow up? It could of been a whole show from the beginning to cover up Russia was there.

rt.com...

We may be looking at some serious geo-engineered warfare happening. The Russians know where the strategic oil reserves are. Hell, I know where most of them are. They know the US's Achilles heal is the Central Gulf Coast when it comes to US energy production.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just been to many things have been happening in Louisiana in the past decade that are all questionable. We maybe #1 when it comes to most prisoners per capita (more than China), but we are also the #1 when it came to the worst Natural Disaster in US History (Katrina) and worst Environmental Disaster in US History (Deepwater) and this is all within 1 decade.

Someone wants me off my land and I don't think it is God.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
People outside the evacuation zone are complaining of headaches, nausea, among other symptoms which are signs of chemical poisoning. They are calling for assitance in order to evacuate area but are getting nowhere. These people need to just run for their lives and worry about the rest later.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
www.facebook.com/BayouCorneSinkhole

For more information from locals and those effected check out the facebook page for Bayou Corne sinkhole

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
To Happykat and AuntB,

Thanks for the information. It is something i hadn't considered and still doubt after looking at the information. That said, it is possible i suppose. After all, cavers have found that you can get from Yorkshire to Lancashire to Cumbria via caves without seeing the light of day in the UK! Whilst the UK is nothing like the scale of the US, that still covers an area that is large parts of Northern England (rather than UK).

Now it has been linked back to a company, where are the huge fines? (a la BP). Corporate responsibility...............

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

Wow, neat, the sinkhole started a Facebook page.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join