It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

I get what your saying but the duration and large area that felt this is different.
Along with the sink hole and possible toxic stuff there it's unknown what will happen.
So far it just keeps getting worse.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have been studying the recent activity and that along with the past reports prior to the innitial sinkhole opening, it would seem that the sinkhole may very well be expanding and collapsing further. If this is true then the people in the vicinity should be evacuated now. I was going over the geological studies done by Golden Gate Petroleum and based on the information and logs shown on their website ( Golden Gate Petroleum Seismic Study of the Nepoleonville Salt Dome ) coupled with the fact that Lake Verrets water level has dropped 4 feet+ since before the onset of the first seismic events prior to the sinkhole formation, it would appear that Lake Verret might be leaking into, and eroding a very massive and VERY DEEP salt dome. and that the whole area West/Northwest of Napoleonville and East/Northeast of Pierre Part might be heading towards a sizable vertical relocation.

I will be following this with great interest since this is a storage area for radiological waste. (whose brain fart was that.)

in response to Britguy

I'm wondering if, due to the geology of that whole area, there is a cascade effect taking place. One area having been weakened or suffering a collapse is in turn weakening and affecting other possible caverns or faults around it in a wide area. Sort of like a domino effect?
The seismic studies show that the Napoleonville dome has multiple fractures and faults that extend to other domes in the area, and there are a lot of them. This is bad news for the whole area, no matter how you cut it.

Location of sinkhole: Lat 30*00'40.76"N Lon 91*08'31.76"W
edit on 10/6/2012 by Ghost of Chewie because: Added Content

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

The media doesn't tell us jack! I mean really! The big news is always the "not really important news". Half the US could blow up and the latest news on MSM would be politics or Prince Harry's latest escapades. THAT is the reason I get most of my real news here first!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

But will it collapse a series of salt domes?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

Originally posted by Saucerwench
reply to post by deadeyedick

4 is no small matter. I well remember the quake of 2010, from the Sandwich Fault Zone in Illinois, felt as far away as in Tennessee and Georgia, and it was only a 3.8.

Well I guess it's time for me to consider a bugout bag finally......I just never wanted to go there. Denail is a powerfull mental river....

Born and raised in Los Angeles here, a 4.0 IS a small earthquake. We shrug those off, most time nothing is even said about them.

It's good to have a bugout bag, but you don't have to make it seem like it's the end of the world - "The quake of 2010, a 3.8". I know you're not accustomed to earthquakes, but I can assure you a 4.0 or even 5.0 will not collapse society. You'll be fine bro.

Wondering how the buildings in areas that havent been built for quakes would hold up?

Doesnt CA have certain building standards that handle quakes?

Someone told me they dont build brick houses in parts of CA because of EQ's .

Is that true?
edit on 6-10-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

4 is no small matter. I well remember the quake of 2010, from the Sandwich Fault Zone in Illinois, felt as far away as in Tennessee and Georgia, and it was only a 3.8.

Well I guess it's time for me to consider a bugout bag finally......I just never wanted to go there. Denail is a powerfull mental river....

Born and raised in Los Angeles here, a 4.0 IS a small earthquake. We shrug those off, most time nothing is even said about them.

It's good to have a bugout bag, but you don't have to make it seem like it's the end of the world - "The quake of 2010, a 3.8". I know you're not accustomed to earthquakes, but I can assure you a 4.0 or even 5.0 will not collapse society. You'll be fine bro.

While society may not collapse it would be devastating for the area, we just don't have earthquakes down here.

I would like to know about the media "black out" as well, I live just outside New Orleans, and they never almost never mention the sink hole on our news. They mentioned it a couple weeks or so ago when the men who were investigating the sinkhole almost got pulled into it, but other than that NOTHING!!

I'll have to talk to my aunt she lives in Donalsonville, to see if they mention it on the news there at all, I would imagine they would. I also have a cousin who lives in Pierre Part, I know they HAVE to mention it there, don't they?

The only things I know about the sinkhole are things I've found here and on other websites.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well it has been said on many sites that edgar casey predicted america too split into.
I can't help but be suspicious of the fact that the bp oil spill and this sink hole seem to follow the Mississippi river some what. The sink hole keeps getting bigger and there is more oil slicks showing up in that area.
When the well was capped we had threads on here showing that the sea floor was seeping oil around the site.
We are on the edge of major changes and i just hope that someone with more skills than me understands the problems we are facing and can bring this information with greater detail.

edit on 6-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

I guess i should add that there seems to be an effort to ignore this because the msm continues to ignore this mess and this thread is in the grey area as if there is some questions as to if this is reality or not.

Sorry one more addition.
GOD or government someone is screwing with you. deadeyedick
edit on 6-10-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Found this.

The new south Louisiana tremors have occurred along with more evidence that the BP Gulf of Mexico oil catastrophe, that began in April 2010, is still leaking oil and possibly linked to fissures and sea cracks in the wrecked Macondo Well where the company was drilling from the Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded.

Smith stated Tuesday about the latest oil incident of BP's Gulf catastrophic event and the possible fissures or sea cracks, "This situation is exactly what we’d warned about in 2010 — that the rig disaster, caused by BP’s reckless and foolish actions, would continue to wreak havoc on the Gulf environment for years to come."

Full article below.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Maybe so.. but we are not used to earthquakes nor do we live in a area that is common to have them, so a 4.0 is sorta a big deal for are area.

Kinda like when we get cat 2 or 3 hurricanes we just rescheldule are crawfish boil or fishing trip to next week and that's about it but if a cat 3 hurricane was headed for Los Angeles there would be mass panic. I was up in NJ when hurricane irene was coming and people were freaking out, and my friends in N.J. knew I've been through a lot of hurricanes including Katrina so they was calling me asking me what to do. of course I had to mess with them

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yes.. But when was the last 4EQ in LA that could be felt in Canada? The EQ that happen in 2008 in Illinois was felt as far south as Florida and in lower parts of Canada. The big one here made bells ring in Boston...so yeah..the EQ are just a tad bit different here!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird
I did find this map that pins all the salt domes in Lousianna. So a domino effect could be possible.

www.umapper.com...

Got a question and something to throw out and see if it sticks. Would it be possible to put where the Deep Horizon oil rig was in the Gulf? And could that possibly have something to do with the dome collapse? Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm not an expert on geological events or anything, but to me it seems that all this activity is being caused by the Indo-Australian Plate. The process itself supposedly began 50 million years ago, but it has been causing a flurry of activity lately. The Japan, Sumatra, and countless other earthquakes in the Eastern hemisphere over the past year or so have had their run, and now all the energy is focusing on the western seaboard of the North and South American continents.

California's recent earthquake swarm, with literally thousands of earthquakes hitting, along with earthquakes up towards Alaska and down towards Peru. All this stress finds release, not only in fractures but also in weak spots in the ground, meaning salt domes, fracking sites, and nuclear power plants, etc. I believe over the summer there were many reports of various hazmat teams being deployed to possible nuclear spills in Michigan, North Dakota (?), and several other states. All of this increase in geological activity has brought several dormant volcanoes back to smoking, including a supervolcano on the Mexico border. There are also several bubbling pools of boiling mud out in the western states. In the past weeks though, this earthquake activity has shifted east, going through the middle of the US and going east as far as NY having an earthquake or two.

Also in California, besides the sulfur smell and earthquake swarm, there has also been a mass fish die off and drop in water levels. There is also that New Madrid fault line (which I live not too far from) that is due for the big one soon. And since the Midwest does not have many earthquakes, there aren't many, if any at all, of earthquake proof buildings, meaning a huge loss in life and money, when, not if, the big one hits.

However, to get to the point of my response, it is my belief that this sink hole problem is only a *very* small part of a *much* larger one and that has a *great* chance of getting worse. If any one wants any links to any information, let me know, and I'll try my best to get those to you.

Best of luck to you all
~Inde97

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I've been blogging on this for a while. "Idahopicker" on youtube has been posting updates. From the gist of all the information I have read, the situation is extremely serious. There is enough Methane and Butane in these wells without counting the nuclear waste to be well over 200+ Hiroshima bombs going off.

There is fear that that the BP oil spill has been adding to this problem and that the salt dome isn't just having problems from drilling above, but water eating away the salt from beneath. Apparently, if the Butane gets vented to the air it will explode. You can read several posts I have on it and watch the plethora of videos I have put up from youtube. It appears the visions, Navy Map, and prophecies spoken of about the middle of the country disappearing might not be that far fetched. It appears LA might disappear in the near future.

Sinkhole is only a symptom… RadChick & Charlie McGrath 10.05.2012

World Leaders Cancelling trips

Alert: Explosive Methane Build Up in Louisiana

Northern Command “Northcom Mission Assumption” – Civil Unrest Military Plan

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
I'm wondering if, due to the geology of that whole area, there is a cascade effect taking place. One area having been weakened or suffering a collapse is in turn weakening and affecting other possible caverns or faults around it in a wide area. Sort of like a domino effect?

Whatever the cause, this seems to be getting worse by the day.

I have seen graphics, maps and pictures of the area and it is not good. There are a huge number of salt domes, some mined and some still untouched, extending out to the edge of the land shelf in the gulf and well inland all along the coastal area. I read one report that said that the sinkhole is only 1500 feet from another salt dome with 1.5 million barrels of liquified butane in it. If there is a major breach of that one it will be a disaster of biblical proportions. All that liquid butane converting back to a gas and one tiny spark and the fire column will start an updraft that will create HUGE winds and suck the air out of a very large area. And note, that is 1.5 million BARRELS not gallons. I don't know what the volumetric conversion factor for butane going from a liquid to a gas is but such things are typically very large numbers. For instance liquid water will, when boiled, convert at the rate of 1000 gallons of steam at one atmosphere for every gallon of water.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I am not someone who makes "predictions" nor am I (typically) a "fear mongerer"; however I have a real bad feeling about this situation! In fact, just thinking about the many variables that make this sinkhole such a HUGE danger makes me feel quite sick in my stomach!! I have been having an overwhelming feeling of trepidation in general the past few weeks and the world events haven't let me down in that, well quite frankly sh!t just keeps mounting!! The Middle East tensions rising, our own American government clearing their schedules, increased military and police presence all over the country, an increase in seismic and volcanic activity world~wide, a sharp increase in people reporting having these same "feelings"; well..........

Something wicked this way comes!!!

The media black out of this sinkhole is really just the tip of the iceberg and I sincerely feel that we should all (as a conspiracy theory community) be hyper~vigilant in researching this situation and/or any of these current situations that resonate with us as individuals. This sinkhole is mine for right now! I will be back to update or add any new information I find. I hope others will do the same accordingly so that we can all stay as informed as possible!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hello ATS, I am a resident of the area and live less that 30 miles down the bayou (like we say) from the sinkhole. If you care to look it up it is Thibodaux, Louisiana. I did investigating myself and let me dispel some of these rumors.

The thing 1500 feet from this sinkhole is another cavern of the same dome.

Salt domes litter southeast Louisiana but it is less than what you may think. Some more famous than others such as Avery Island which uses the salt from their salt dome to make Tabasco Sauce
. I do not feel tremors nor do I see an absurd amount of wave action in Bayou Lafourche in my backyard.

I actually visited the site, passed on LA 70. The sinkhole is located near a gas station named Gator Corner in Grand Bayou. I have a friend who lives 1 hwy over from LA 70 been to her house and felt the treamors myself. That is only less than 10 miles away.

The dome covers a 1 by 3 mile plot of land, a drop in the bucket if you will in size. The most this hole is going to grow to is that 1 by 3 mile Napoleonville Salt Dome.

I can tell you, when I made my pass Friday it was just a stench of diesel.

No, this is not connected to Deepwater at all. Consider the Mississippi river a fault line (which many believe it is), the sinkhole is on the other side the river from where Deepwater Horizon happened.

As for the evacuation, they evacuated no less that 30 homes along the Bayou Corne. No mass evacuations because the hole is mainly in the middle of a swamp and sugar cane field.

I do have video on my iPhone that I can share showing State Police Emergency Vehicles, EPA vehicles, and Assumption Parish Department of Homeland Security videos just chilling next to the bayou with no activity. May catch a glimpse of one of those EPA machines. I was just passing in my car, so I decided to do a video of the area along the road. It may give y'all an idea that it is a swamp already. It just so happens our culture hails in the swamp
. Honestly I am just ready for some inland salt water fishing.

I just need help trying to get it on ATS if anyone can assist me.

edit on 7-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: More info

edit on 7-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: video help

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if those tremors were from a passing cane truck. My house shakes whenever those suckers pass. It is grinding season for sugar cane.

Like I said, I live in Thibodaux and that is between the Sinkhole, Raceland, and Houma. I would believe if it was felt there, surely something would of happen that I would hear or see it.
edit on 7-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Most of the news is coming from newspapers, too bad the The Times Picayune only prints 3 times a week, or you may know that
! LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Heres something ive been thinking about. It is just speculation so dont start blasting me. Anyways a lot of us agree that there is a large oil bubble is sitting on the bottom of the gulf being suppressed by corexant. That is a massive bomb waiting for and ignition. What would make a more perfect ignition then a gas filled sinkhole just waiting to blow. Its always been my belief that they are going to follow standard millitary take over procedure. First we send in the initial forece to seize ( Russian Spetnaz in this case ) then once contained we send in the Army to occupy. I believe that the main invaision force is going to come up through the Gulf. Ive thought this for a few years since i found an article about how the Chinese got caught massing military equipment and ammo on the east coast of Africa. Just my two cents. Take it as you will.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Thanks for posting CajunBoy, it is nice to have someone local reporting. My big question regarding this sinkhole and mess is the water supply. You mentioned that 30 homes have been evacuated, were those 30 on wells? My greatest concern is contaminates getting into the water supply. I have read that some natural gas lines have been shut down because they were bending. If the land is shifting that much, it would seem that underground water supplies could be changing and maybe affected.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join