It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I just checked CNN. The latest story they have about this is dated Aug 17.
They, and every other network, seem to be avoiding this like the plague.
This should be national news, letting the people in the area know what's going on and if they are in danger.
Nothing but Silence. Oh, but they DID have a riveting story about Big Bird from Sesame Street.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

The water in that area I believe is pumped from Bayou Lafourche. Remember they are on a salt dome, not much of an aquifer lol. But yes, they shut down all the pipelines to prevent an explosion. As for land shifting, it is not unusual at all. South East Louisiana is plagued by coastal erosion, but that is also sped up by the amount the ground actually shifts and sinks. I can tell you, the house I live in we have to level off every 5 years maximum. It is not unusual for earthquakes to happen down here.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Tremors are normal, due to the land always sinking. Kinda like Vienna except with out little natural flare to it

And these were earthquakes long before underground drilling and fracking.
edit on 7-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Hey, anyone find Google Earth pics of this site?

Or, a 2nd source to The Examiner?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Earthquakes in Louisiana are not normal.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Earthquakes in Louisiana are not normal.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

This source list 2 earthquakes in Louisiana history that is in a 50 mile radius of the area in the last 100 years. You are telling me it isn't normal?

Sir, I am not trying to insult your intelligence, but learn about the ground we live on before you make the assumption that earthquakes are not normal. They are few but not common either and this is why:

The land is forever slipping into the gulf. It is the land we live on, this is how the salt domes came to be.

geology.gsapubs.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Always great to hear from a local! Hope someone comes along soon to help you download your video. Can't wait to see it. Thanks for the update

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
And for HR 6566... Again, some of you may experienced it, some of you may not. I did for Katrina, in New Orleans, hundreds of people died. There was no power, no where to store the bodies. This is what that is for. They stored the bodies in refrigerated semi's and waited for someone to claim the body. Could also be associated with say 9/11 or say an earthquake.

Mother nature also kills many people and she is not biased towards any man, woman, or child on this planet.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Great info.

However you made my point with the two quakes in 100yrs because now there been at least 2 in 3 months.
Not normal at all. So much so that the usgs are setting up many monitor sites in the area to track the abnormal activity.
If anything close to the 1812 swarm happens the us will suffer greatly now.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Great info.

However you made my point with the two quakes in 100yrs because now there been at least 2 in 3 months.
Not normal at all. So much so that the usgs are setting up many monitor sites in the area to track the abnormal activity.
If anything close to the 1812 swarm happens the us will suffer greatly now.

I am not worried about any earthquakes LOL. Just going to keep jacking up my house that is all. New Orleans is just going to be the new Vienna of the Americas.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
excuse the quality of the videos, I was driving. Just to give you the idea of the amount of swamps in the area and the pipelines and what-not. You also get a glimpse of beautiful Bayou Corne.

This is a video is just a pass by of the Command Station. You can see Emergency Vehicles from Assumption Parish Hazmat, State Police, Assumption Parish Department of Homeland Security, Louisiana Department of Homeland Security, and EPA.

youtu.be...

As for the second one you automatically see EPA trucks off the road in the marsh setting up their probes. This is just marsh area really surrounding where the hole is.

At 0:23 is Bayou Corne, those were normal bayou boats, though they could of been associated with the investigation. And after the bayou of course is the command center. The rest of the video is vast marsh and swamp fenced in. Don't worry, it has been fenced in LONG before the sinkhole. It is a deterrent to mess with the pipelines.

At 1:14 you will see a tow-along trailer, it is a Assumption Parish Hazmat mobile trailer.

At 1:25 it is a clear display of the pipelines across the area.

At 1:30 is a natural gas production plant and the rest of the video shows hydrocarbon production fields (Methane, Butane, Sulphur, Natural Gas ect.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
reply to post by WhoDat09

Most of the news is coming from newspapers, too bad the The Times Picayune only prints 3 times a week, or you may know that
! LOL

Omg.. Times Picayune, haven't picked on of them up in a while., by the time they print it and you read its old news.

I like the Sun Herald. I live a few blocks from where its printed and also where the WLOX news station is( I can't stand them)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

A tiny sinkhole and you people claim the sky is falling, once again! Now let the attacks against me begin, and say "just wait its coming" then nothing comes, just like NIBIRU! Lol. Live your life, and forget this crap, it just brings you down.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MindBodyAndSoul

I hope your right.I would just hate for people to get hurt because they will misinformed.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This is sooooooooooo under- reported because..... I have a sinking feeling this might be Obama's Oct. surprise...god I hope not....but this whole situation is despretly dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 09-30-2012 the people invited Texas brine, and other Government agency's to show up for a very important meeting....not ONE person showed!!!!! NOT ONE!!!!!! Instead, a college kid w/ poster board and markers so everyone could write down their questions and hopefully the right people will answer them.

People in the area are trying to get signatures so that it can be labeled a national disaster...they can't even get the sigs

Si nk hole fed disaster petition

Again...with the way people are acting....oct surprise???? Look up vids pertaining to the new Madrid fault...the new maps for the area...it will scare you

And to this guy:

Originally posted by MindBodyAndSoul
reply to post by BrieBird

A tiny sinkhole and you people claim the sky is falling, once again! Now let the attacks against me begin, and say "just wait its coming" then nothing comes, just like NIBIRU! Lol. Live your life, and forget this crap, it just brings you down.

You my friend are a huge huge idiot and a huge turd stirwerrrrererer...(lol) anyone that has educated themselves concerning this story would not have said what you said so there-fore your just a moron that speaks without educating oneself or you are one of those people that like to see people angry at you for saying ridiculous things...maybe your just both!!???? A highly intelligent bully that likes to get people upset just to see their reaction.... I tend to think that's it. (w)

IMPORTANT...NEW INFO: 10-07-2012

Sinkhole explosive methane/ life threatening

edit on 7-10-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I can assure you this is has nothing to do with the New Madrid fault, go back and read the info I posted

Most of the people signing the petition is not even from Louisiana! The person who started it is from Missouri! How do they know the state and local response? Please don't say local area...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I can assure you this is has nothing to do with the New Madrid fault, go back and read the info I posted

Most of the people signing the petition is not even from Louisiana! The person who started it is from Missouri! How do they know the state and local response? Please don't say local area...

Listen...I think they might have a problem w/ the petition because of fed. Response in the past. People are sick of being lied to and poisoned. I watched a film last night concerning the oil spill, what's happening NOW w/ explosions, salt domes, chem that are in them... It's a recipe for the Madrid fault to be pushed along in my opinion....also...more importantly....even if nothing w/ the fault happens...right now a bunch of people are in danger because of BP and how nothing was cleaned up or fixed and this is now what's happening!!!!

And then there is this.....

Frighteningly, these fissures appear to be growing and connecting with each other. The methane pockmarks are growing in size. Even worse, the weakened sea floor is being heaved up into a massive, fracturing, mound. A geological time bomb, previously locked away under miles of rock, has been disturbed. Fear is growing for the very grim possibility that a methane gas bubble, 15 to 20 miles in diameter, could indeed rupture the sea floor and escape with unimaginable violence.

edit on 7-10-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add info

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

Listen...I think they might have a problem w/ the petition because of fed. Response in the past. People are sick of being lied to and poisoned. I watched a film last night concerning the oil spill, what's happening NOW w/ explosions, salt domes, chem that are in them... It's a recipe for the Madrid fault to be pushed along in my opinion....also...more importantly....even if nothing w/ the fault happens...right now a bunch of people are in danger because of BP and how nothing was cleaned up or fixed and this is now what's happening!!!!

Excuse me? I am one of those "bunch of people" you say are in danger. I'm keep a cool head about it. Why? I know the land I live on, I know the capability of a 1 by 3 mile salt dome collapse. Wana know the difference between this and BP? BP spilled in the gulf, they just have to skim the oil or whatever off a hole on this one.

I still eat the seafood, I still swim in the Gulf, i've yet to get sick.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Anybody surprised no drunk kids have thrown a road flare into the pit yet?l

I am.

What kind of person that would use a match to see if there's any fuel in a gas tank? Same concept here and not too many people that stupid... but they do exist and always can be counted on to produce a good show, hey?

What's the point of the authorities making a big deal over something they can't control? They can only be counted on to react after an event, and meanwhile, if I lived anywhere near that place I'd be on vacation watching it's progress from Miami.

I find the concept very interesting which connects this event with the Oil Rig disaster(s) and suggests a line of dominoes falling south to north. AND, just read the Examiner article, maybe Denver is a better place for a vacation than Miami.

edit on 7-10-2012 by Brown Bear because: add content

edit on 7-10-2012 by Brown Bear because: add Denver

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
A media blackout usually means that the government is trying to cover their butts,or the government is trying to cover the butt of some mega rich corporation that owns a lot of congressmen.

Can you give an example where this was done in the past? Media blackout ? How are we reading about it if there is a media blackout. If there were really a media blackout we would be on another thread right now talking about invading aliens. Fortunatly for us there is no media black out. (How odd that someone would post this, does not make sense. )

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join