It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Word is now TB will try and start flaring H2S. Did my research and it's illegal because it creates another dangerous gas Sulfur Dioxide, SO2. Residents are just getting "wind" of this and going to start fighting to prevent this.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
Word is now TB will try and start flaring H2S. Did my research and it's illegal because it creates another dangerous gas Sulfur Dioxide, SO2. Residents are just getting "wind" of this and going to start fighting to prevent this.

This looks like what I said HERE is in the process of happening. Big business, along with the help of big government, are going to do whatever they have to to cover their a$$et$ and the little people be damned.

What this country desperately needs is a peoples advocate department with the power to see that legal obligations are met and laws followed. But I won't be holding my breath waiting for that to happen. In the meantime; business as usual.

This situation is becoming less and less about who caused what and and how to fix it and more and more about who can do the best job of sweeping it under the rug, or blaming someone else. Unless someone intervenes for the people, like the courts, the real losers will be the innocent residents who stand to lose their houses and livelihoods.

In the meantime, the deterioration of the sinkhole and salt dome will continue on course for the final train wreck; whatever that will end up being.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Wow! This thread is extremely informative I thought this situation had been fixed. I feel so bad for the people who have lost their homes.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maeven23

Sadly enough, this sinkhole may just run its course. There is no fixing this.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It looks like the pad near the sinkhole is losing some stability.

At sink hole moved ramp back aprox. 50' for safety reasons.

Source (DNR PM checklist--very bottom of the .pdf)

Looking at the Assumption Parish Police Jury Flicker stream, there seems to be a lot of oil sheen in the center of the sinkhole. Is that a new development?
There also seems to be more water surrounding the entire area, such as near those 2 white tanks. Is it sinking or is this a natural, perhaps seasonal, fluctuation?

(click to enlarge)

This photo is from 11 Dec 2012.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

in natural, it is canals they dug years ago, we will probably see the tanks go within 2 month at this rate of growth.
edit on 15-12-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I can not believe TB is getting away with this, I still say invite all the executives from TB for a sleep over at the sink hole, and throw a roman candle in it. Just my take.... Keep the info coming HappyKat and Cajunboy.... Can we say infuratating(sp)?????

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
I can not believe TB is getting away with this, I still say invite all the executives from TB for a sleep over at the sink hole, and throw a roman candle in it. Just my take.... Keep the info coming HappyKat and Cajunboy.... Can we say infuratating(sp)?????

As already noted by CajunBoy, things seem to be slowing down on the information front. There was a new update about the sinkhole on the Celestial Convergence website and it contained not one shred of new information that we didn't already know.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ok, TB placed amber strobe lights around the hole to ward off water fowl. Finally, doing something to protect the wildlife.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Weather update, just started storming. It's going to rain for the better part of the night and early tomorrow morning. May see some more sloughing soon or some activity.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Thank you for up-dating us on the weather. It saves me having to monitor the weather there and in my area. There is so much water in that area around the sinkhole I don't see how they can be certain they are getting all the oil. I hope that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
We honestly don't know how many dead birds they skimmed off the top. They never reported that. As for the oil, it is more than what they trying to make it seem. The oil situation, even they don't admit it, is out of control. At least that is my opinion and many other residents.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

The hole is almost completely shoved under the rug for now no new news has been reported as of recently that I can find. Now we wait

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there has been any gradual lowering of the overall area heading towards town since this started... If you are concentrating on the sinkhole you may not see the whole picture. I was looking at the picture and it looks different than before but this could be because the vegetation is browned also. Could be just an illusion created by the color change.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
No change is ground level. I've heard something that really ticked me off. TB is making more money off the oil in the hole that they have spent to fix it. They make over $250,000 a day on the oil alone! The state also plans on building a new hwy around the hole. Looka like this isn't a big scramble to fix this

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

No change is ground level. I've heard something that really ticked me off. TB is making more money off the oil in the hole that they have spent to fix it. They make over $250,000 a day on the oil alone! The state also plans on building a new hwy around the hole. Looka like this isn't a big scramble to fix this

Good God man, please tell me this is a joke. No, I trust you CajunBoy, it's not a joke. Or maybe it is a joke anyway, on the residents of the area around the sinkhole.

1/4 million a day times how many days? Here is a quote from the OP, posted by BrieBird.

posted on 6-10-2012 @ 08:38 AM

We are now nearly four months into this mess created by an abandoned Texas Brine salt dome. The dome has callapsed, a huge sinkhole has opened up, strange bubbling in surrounding waterways, and now tremors accompanied by large booms are being felt in the surrounding area. An evacuation notice has been issued by the state of Lousianna but, yet no national coverage. Why the media blackout on this event? www.examiner.com...

Note that this OP was posted on June 10th and states that the problem began nearly 4 months prior to that date. That puts the start of the collapse back in mid February of 2012. The first indication of oil seepage was given in an article linked to on the same day. But that was sketchy at best.

But let's be generous and say that Texas Brine has only been skimming oil at that rate for four of the ten months this has been going on. That is approximately 120 days. That comes to a profit of 30 million dollars on the oil they have gathered. That would go a long way toward paying the displaced residents enough to find another place to live and have money left over, and Texas Brine would still be breaking even.

Greedy (*&&**&%&^%'s

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I guess we should be rejoicing that they are not disposing of the oil but recycling/ making sure nothing goes to waste. No wonder they are not in a hurry to disclose what is in the bottom of the cavern- that could be their year end bonus in crude down there.

As for that new highway... In my opinion that heavily traveled route (is it 70?) I think they are going to lose that whole road eventually, I think they will need to construct a new road.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Alright, the meeting tonight will be starting soon. I'll be there and will get back to y'all on the highlights of the meeting.

And yes, it is highway 70 AuntB. If that goes under, it cuts Pierre Part from the rest of the parish. They need that new highway right away.

www.examiner.com...

that is a nice article of what is to come.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

reply to post by AuntB

Alright, the meeting tonight will be starting soon. I'll be there and will get back to y'all on the highlights of the meeting.

And yes, it is highway 70 AuntB. If that goes under, it cuts Pierre Part from the rest of the parish. They need that new highway right away.

www.examiner.com...

that is a nice article of what is to come.

I am getting tired of asking "how much worse can it get" and finding out shortly after that it can get much worse. CajunBoy, the article you linked to is one of the scariest ones yet. But there are other scary articles coming out now.

Here is another one...

Louisiana sinkhole sacrifice zone

And one more...

Entire salt dome collapse under La. sinkhole possible

Several of us here, myself included, have been speculating about this for quite a while now. But the government, Texas Brine and the media have either been ignoring the possibility or outright denying that it was possible. Now we are reading about it was though it is a very real possibility.

Just where will it end. The eruption of the gulf ripping through the salt domes and ending up triggering the New Madrid fault system is looking less like a pipe dream fantasy every time someone comes out with new information.
edit on 18-12-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just want to say thank you to those
keeping this thread updated.

I check it at least once a day, while i live
a LONG way from this, it is something i prefer
to keep a eye on.
From where i am at, actual news on this is hard to get
except for here...

most around here give a blank look, like deer in the
headlights when i even mention it.

Keep up the great work.