It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by AuntB

First of all let me say I do not believe it is seismic as in earthquake. The next question is could it be collapse of walls in the sink hole. No I do not believe it is mainly because there are two virtually identical signals and for that to happen in a pit wall collapse would be odd to say the least.

The next problem is that IF this was a wall collapse there would not be the pattern that you see there. It would be progressive. I also suspect that it would be much quicker than 8 minutes of more that this sequence takes. * minutes however excludes traffic for these two events.

We were talking about venting earlier. Could this be venting.? That would explain the symmetrical pattern and t

edit on 27/11/2012 by PuterMan because: part of the comment removed as it brought nothing to the discussion.
Clipped your post. I didn't believe it was an earthquake but I thought for sure it could have been a collapse or more sinking. The area has been having rain and I thought we were seeing the effect of. Venting??? It could have been, it was about 2:30 at the sinkhole. I wonder could they have been doing something in preparation to shut the operation down for the night. But this is not something that happens every day.

Can't think at the moment, distractions are running around & needing attention.

BTW- your post above Puterman is funny... did he really tell you to learn how to read a seismo?? LOL!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Giant Louisiana Sinkhole "Burps" Up Debris

Officials with the Assumption Parish Police Jury say the giant Louisiana sinkhole in Bayou Corne "burped" around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.

This is the latest update that I found, and the network was the only ne with this information. "Burping" seems like a sort of non-technical term for what happened. I take they mean that the sinkhole itself released a giant cloud of gas? What kind of gas?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOtter
Giant Louisiana Sinkhole "Burps" Up Debris

Officials with the Assumption Parish Police Jury say the giant Louisiana sinkhole in Bayou Corne "burped" around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.

This is the latest update that I found, and the network was the only ne with this information. "Burping" seems like a sort of non-technical term for what happened. I take they mean that the sinkhole itself released a giant cloud of gas? What kind of gas?

Well of course it burped. It's still just a wittle bitty baby sinkhole. Wait til it grows up some more and starts puking, and I don't even want to think about changing it's diaper.

OK, I don't mean to make light of a dire situation but I just couldn't resist. The Devil made me do it.

Now seriously, this is a new stage in the development of the sinkhole. One has to wonder just where the gas for the burp came from and how much more is trapped down there waiting to be released. And if the gas is not directly from the sinkhole, is it coming from some adjacent structure that has now been breached?

On the face of it a burp is not as major a development as some of the other things that have happened, however it is still another step in the unknown direction this thing is taking toward who knows what.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

What they have been saying is that the sinkhole disturbed the area above an oil deposit and with oil deposits come oil, natural gas, and H2S. That I can believe. Oil is known to build up around salt domes and it could most likely been that reason we are seeing all this.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

BTW, a couple of us down here that a lot of the seismic activity that they picked up at the hole sometimes was an earthquake going on half way around the world. It just amazes us lol

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
hi guys ... i have a question. (yeah, what's new right ?)

it's been nagging at me all day that the seismo noise/spike may actually be wall collapse, just not in the manner we are thinking about it.

considering it is near a full moon and LA high tide peaked around 4pm ( water.weather.gov... ) what are the chances the signal is related to an aqua-rinse of the salt dome ??

@ Puterman
thanks for your contributions

and instructions although i haven't yet successfully completed them (puter keeps crashing)

anyway, you and i have had our discussions with differing opinion and i hope you know i appreciate both your skill and input, however, i do believe this is likely to be one of "those" discussions.

so please bear with me, i harbor no disrespect but i think the reason these signals are present yet foreign to you (and others of equal skill) is very important to the situation as a whole.

imho, i do think the interior depths of the cavern/sinkhole are collapsing.
why is up for debate ... however, i tend to think fluid saturation would be a significant factor in further development.
also, after reading about the "burp", i decided to post this possibility.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

considering it is near a full moon and LA high tide peaked around 4pm ( water.weather.gov... ) what are the chances the signal is related to an aqua-rinse of the salt dome ??

I posted some information on how the tides could affect the sinkhole among other things. You can find it HERE

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

yes, i read that when you posted it ... but that was before we had "readings" to review.
do you still hold the same opinion ?
and if not, why ?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

yes, i read that when you posted it ... but that was before we had "readings" to review.
do you still hold the same opinion ?
and if not, why ?

I still believe that the rise and fall of the tides can have an effect on seismic activity. Some even believe that the tidal forces can affect the inner parts of the continents away from the oceans. I don't know if I want to go that far, but I definitely believe that tidal forces play at least a small part in coastal seismic activity. If the area is unstable enough the tidal forces could provide just enough extra force to push the solid masses beyond their "tipping point".

Think of it like a huge slab of rock that is just barely balanced. All it would take is a little shove to make it fall. But that same "little shove" would have no effect whatsoever if the rock were sitting solidly on it's base. The same can be said for any unstable system and any small force that would destabilize it. The tides could easily be that force if the tectonic system is unstable enough.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

anyway, you and i have had our discussions with differing opinion and i hope you know i appreciate both your skill and input, however, i do believe this is likely to be one of "those" discussions.

so please bear with me, i harbor no disrespect but i think the reason these signals are present yet foreign to you (and others of equal skill) is very important to the situation as a whole.

Disagree away! With it we have no debate and no one learns. I never have a problem with anyone disagreeing with me provided they can document their disagreement. I always try to document ny arguments and I expect the same from others.

I am not always right about things (Note to self: NEVER admit that
) and even at my grand age I am happy to learn.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I still believe that the rise and fall of the tides can have an effect on seismic activity. Some even believe that the tidal forces can affect the inner parts of the continents away from the oceans. I don't know if I want to go that far, but I definitely believe that tidal forces play at least a small part in coastal seismic activity. If the area is unstable enough the tidal forces could provide just enough extra force to push the solid masses beyond their "tipping point".

Think of it like a huge slab of rock that is just barely balanced. All it would take is a little shove to make it fall. But that same "little shove" would have no effect whatsoever if the rock were sitting solidly on it's base. The same can be said for any unstable system and any small force that would destabilize it. The tides could easily be that force if the tectonic system is unstable enough.

Absolutely! 100 percent agree with you.

Most do not realise that the crust of the earth can move up and down by as much as 55m twice a day because of the Moon's gravitational pull. I am talking about solid rock here, not water.

It is almost certain that this can trigger areas that are already under stress.

ETA: LA01 is apparently off line

edit on 28/11/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
LA02 seismograms from 09 Nov to 27 Nov. Note the clearly visible cultural noise. Noise outside that time, and any big signal, need to be investigated.

I don't see any particular correlation to tides at this time.

ETA: Apologies for the jumpiness. You might also want to make that full screen to see it better.

That video is rubbish!

Here is a very fast version in which the cultural effect is very apparent. Note I have made these external because of the size - just over 2 Mb each so beware if you are on dial-up. Allow them time to fully load before you get the proper smooth operation.

And here is a slower version - the equivalent of the video.

Please be aware that the images may be removed in a few months time. I will put them on one of my blogs if I do that.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I am not always right about things (Note to self: NEVER admit that ) and even at my grand age I am happy to learn
i could be mistaken but i think we've learned from each other along the way

do tell, have you at least stepped out of the 'cave' since we last spoke ??
just checking

here's something i'd bet you can answer better than most ... and since you keep some kickarse records, could you list any seismic activity from 90days prior to the sinkhole's appearance from the region that is it's antipode ?

from internet converters, the antipode region should be ... in the southern hemisphere, roughly 1/2 way between Madagascar & Australia.

the reason behind this request is that i've heard rumor that some geologists believe the Indo-Australian plate is breaking apart. link

i wonder if the big 8+ undersea quakes, farther north were around 90days prior to the sinkhole's appearance.
i'm not saying it's all related but i always lean toward that opinion anyway, so, if you'd be so inclined, humor me, please ?

ETA --- if any good info is in your videos, please be aware that i cannot view them.
any summary would be much appreciated.

edit on 28-11-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I just read, that our nations oil supply (billions of barrels) storage area (also kept in salt domes) is located in the same area as the sink hole.
With oil burping up, it makes me wonder if our oil storage "salt domes" are beginning to collapse.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

the best explainations i heard for the rumblings/tremors recorded at many of the ground sensor sites that surround the 'sinkhole'

is that various below ground salt domes are having their walls collapse... and some domes are actually intruding into neighboring salt domes..

but here's the bad part.... these salt domes are used as storage areas for companies like dupont chemical that lease the domes to store things like ethelene, butane and many other caustic (and explosive) hydrocarbons

as these salt dome walls collapse (hence the minor EQs) the dangerous compounds and hydrocarbons mix together

now on top of all that immediate problem... it is theorized that the Macondo basin has a gigantic, hot mass of Tar-Volcano substance pushing upward...directly under a very large region that is surfacing at the 'sinkhole'

the little publicized fact that well water is near 100 degrees in an area that includes coastal Texas, most of Lousiana and Mississippi is being under reported and unconnected to the general uplift of that Gulf Area at the base of the Mississippi River...

see: the SQ red alert list... there you can hit the hot links then click the related links contained in those sites... lots of great info being published by citizen reporters and otherwise underreported credible news sources

thanks

(click links contained in this first article for explosive first hand reports and realistic speculations)
lasinkhole.wordpress.com...

enenews.com...

edit on 28-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I will dig up what I have later - must go and do some work. BTW being ancient and having a bad memory (or so I maintain
) I tend to forget arguments or heated debates, "Cave" - remind me in a PM and I will tell you!

In the meantime I have started, and am working, on a seismogram record in standardised format where all the scales are the same.

Bookmark this for future reference

I will add it to my signature later.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
OK, I don't know whether to split my sides laughing or cringe in terror as I hide under my bed.

You be the judge...

NOTE: When reading this keep in mind that some people claim there is a link between the B P disaster site and the sinkhole.

FROM THE MOUNTAIN PROPHECIES

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Be afraid! Be very afraid!

"geographical angels"? I like the idea!

a very great lake of frozen methane gas, which lies beneath the Gulf of Mexico. Some geologists warned that this hot oil could leak into that lake of frozen methane gas and melt the frozen gas, causing this great and massive methane lake to rupture!

It is an interesting scenario. I am not sure what temperature oil comes out of the ground, and I have been unsuccessful finding that. I guess such is a possibility if casings leak and something blows.

As far as the connection to the sinkhole goes, yes the GOM and the sink hole are connected in that they are all part of the great shale basins that lie under America.

Always remember that hot oil would not come into contact with frozen methane if mankind did not insist in poking holes in Mama Earth
Yes I know, wee NEED the oil. We don't WANT to use other forms of energy.

Just a final OT part

But, I tell you, oh state of Louisiana, you are a cancer! You are a grievous sore in My face! You are a great blot upon the face of the whole earth; and I will erase you!

I will continue in My judgments against you; and I will continue to plead with you to repent through My great judgements, until I erase your very existence! For, you are rotten, oh state of Louisiana! You are rotten to the core and I will no longer allow this evil before My face!

This God person really is not very nice!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This happened in 1980.

Mysterious Louisiana Sinkhole Drains Entire Lake

edit on 28-11-2012 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2012 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

Hse you read ANY of the other posts in this thread? What happened at Lake Peigneur wasn't mysterious and is very different from what is going on here.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join