It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ok, I have already vetted this article by Deborah and she is on point with this article.

www.examiner.com...

They are failing hardcore with the health monitoring around the hole, scary things. See what I mean when I said no one down here trust anyone or what they say.

Ok, few new people joined this thread and leme address some of the things they posted. Leme give a recap for those just joining us.

@misskat1 The Strategic Oil Reserve is not located in this salt dome, it is located in the White Castle salt dome 30 or so miles north of the Napoleonville salt dome.

@St. Udio I can tell you that the water coming out of wells around the area are NOT 100 degrees. It comes out nice and cool at around 70 degrees. Salt domes are not intruding into other salt domes. Only place they are connected is from a layer of salt under the ground at about 20,000 ft to 30,000 ft. Watch where you get your information. I've already proven earlier in this thread that many reporting on this issue has been sensationalizing this disaster. BTW Asphalt volcanoes can only happen on the GoM floor and not on land. The GoM provides the right environment for these to form.

@Kituwa that same video was posted earlier in the thread. There are many differences between the Lake Peigneur accident and this one. Lake Peigneur was a salt mine that was accidently drilled into. The mine unlike the salt caverns have a lot more area for water to come into. The fresh water rushed into the mine and started eroding away some of the mine. Once water reaches a certain salinity level it does not dissolve salt anymore, that or equilibrium is reached. This disaster on the other hand is a breach of a salt dome cavern that stored brine. Brine is essentially salt water. It has already reached the salinity level that it would no longer dissolve salt.

Ladies and Gentlemen who just joined us, watch out for article sensationalism. At this point right now, no other salt domes are at risk. This is localized to this dome only and there has been no sign at this point that the entire Napoleonville salt dome is collapsing. It is only Oxy #3 cavern that was compromised. The water in the hole currently is brine, it can not dissolve salt.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Boudreaux said before the sinkhole disgorged the material, the water level dropped by about 6 inches and then returned to its original level. The size of the water level change was based on measurements of hydrocarbon rings left on trees.
That is so cool, interesting and scary. The sinkhole situation is getting real interesting, H2S and now a burp.... chatter regarding this issue is picking up. I don't think MSM can ignore this much longer.

Assumption sinkhole “burps” vegetation, hydrocarbons

Note all the different news sources that are putting out articles on the sinkhole in the last week or so. I know some are bunk but some have great info.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I ment to post that article as well AuntB, lost it in my pages of bookmarks lol. Thanks for tossing it up. But yea, all that vegetation coming up now is probably all the Cypress trees they could not catch initially. I can ask around down here to see if I can find out what exact vegetation.
edit on 28-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

Earth, nature and all things natural are so amazing. This "burp" is supposedly natural.

“It’s just the natural course of events as this sinkhole follows its natural life,” [Texas Brine Company, LLC's spokesman] said. [...]

Considering the source I think I will google to make sure this is normal sinkhole behavior but then.... according to earlier reports, the Bayou Corne sinkhole is a trail blazer in the sinkhole history. I recall reading many times that this situation is an unknown, but every article I read, Texas Brine is saying everything is fine & normal.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Jeeze nothing is fine and normal with this damn thing! I've come across information that a law firm from California along with an expert environmental investigator will be down here soon to start a independent investigation. The law firm coming in is Vititoe Law Group and the investigator's name is Bob Bowcock. Some of the residents are bringing them in to do an independent study.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
OK, I don't know whether to split my sides laughing or cringe in terror as I hide under my bed.

You be the judge...

NOTE: When reading this keep in mind that some people claim there is a link between the B P disaster site and the sinkhole.

FROM THE MOUNTAIN PROPHECIES
Yeeks! Fire & brimstone... read finished reading that, crossed myself, erased the history in my computer and made a mental note to go to morning mass tomorrow.
happykat.... how did you ever find that???

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
A sinkhole is an earth liquification event. a completely normal event in nature. When an event supplies energy to the earth, the bonds between the more energetic particles break and the energy sort of holds things apart. Sort of like a shaker in an iron ore mine or in foundries. I think I got that sort of right, someone correct me if I have not compiled this right. When a hurricane hits it energizes the solids, same with a gunshot setting off the snow, it goes perpetual gaining energy from itself when the snow releases the energy from it going downhill. Landslides work this way also. Quicksand gets it's energy from movement of subterranian streams a lot or else from energy from the earth.

So my question is that where is the energy that is powering this event coming from? Is it from the small earthquakes in the area? It doesn't sound as if there is underground water moving in that area but there is a river close by. What is the change that is powering the liquification. Does someone living there have any idea?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOtter

and is very different from what is going on here

Go easy Friend. It is not actually so very different at all. The cause may be different (maybe) but the end result could have been the same if the salt dome cavern was empty, as in the other incident.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

A sinkhole in nature is normal. A natural sinkhole is formed when limestone under the ground is washed away from rainwater or aquifer leaving an empty cavity in the earth to which the ground above it sinks into. Thus you get a sinkhole.

This sinkhole on the other hand is more of a man made disaster. A cavern was mined out in a salt dome. It is a relatively safe storage area for hydrocarbons (yes I said safe lol). The cavern in this instance is acting as a empty cavity to which the sinkhole has formed. The cavern was drilled to close to the edge of the salt dome in which a pressure test pretty much blew it out. Now we have an empty cavity in the earth that is now fully exposed to outside the dome.

There has been no instance in recorded history that a sinkhole of this magnitude or situation has been recorded. This is a one of a kind accident. Kinda like the BP oil spill, first time happening at that depth that there was no contingency plans set up to fix it. There is no contingency plans for this disaster and that is what is making this a big deal.

The part you did have right though rickymouse is earth liquidation. Oil is always pushing up up up. The crust of the earth is what holds it down. This sinkhole pretty much liquidated the ground above an oil deposit and now we see oil, methane, and H2S finding the path of least resistance to the surface. We have bubble sites at the sinkhole and 3 bayous in the area. Reason why the gas is escaping through the bayous is because, well, that is the path of least resistance. Bayous have a very soft sandy and muddy floors and that offers the best way up.

Pretty much all of Louisiana is an aquifer and yes there is swamps and bayous. If ya looking for a resident, here I am
. Been going back and forth to the site for some time now sharing pics. Go back through the thread and see some of the cool things. Only place I haven't been able to visit is the hole itself. Can't get anywhere close to it.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

So the energy is coming from the movement of pressurized gas and oil that is in the cavern. As the sinkhole forms bigger, the movement of the sand creates energy also sort of like an avalanche does with snow. In this case it is feeding itself from the energy it creates itself.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The oil and gas deposit is outside the dome. The sinkhole that formed destabilized the land holding down that deposit. The oil deposit and salt dome are two different situations brought together by the 1 sinkhole. The cavern was storing brine and brine only. Oil deposits can be found around salt domes at depths up to 15,000ft. This deposit is 12,000ft. The cavern failure resulting into a sinkhole disturbed the land above the deposit. Now that land can not hold down the deposit and it is finding its way to the surface.

Hydrocarbons are known to make its way to the surface naturally all the time. This on the other hand is not natural due to the destabilization the hole made to the ground above the deposit.

Failed salt cavern created sinkhole.
Sinkhole destabilized the ground allowing the natural oil deposit to push up.

As for your avalanche part, you can associated it with the land around the hole falling in and leveling it off. At the center of the sinkhole, we can't see it because of water, it drops 400+ft. Other than that one point everything else is 3-10 ft deep.

Here is the most recent cross section of the hole where you can see the depths and how land is sliding in to level it off.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB

Originally posted by happykat39
OK, I don't know whether to split my sides laughing or cringe in terror as I hide under my bed.

You be the judge...

NOTE: When reading this keep in mind that some people claim there is a link between the B P disaster site and the sinkhole.

FROM THE MOUNTAIN PROPHECIES
Yeeks! Fire & brimstone... read finished reading that, crossed myself, erased the history in my computer and made a mental note to go to morning mass tomorrow.
happykat.... how did you ever find that???

It was a link in one of the comment fields at the bottom of one of the Enews pages linked to just a little above my original posting of the link. My first thought when I read it was to be thankful I didn't have a mouth full of hot coffee to spray out of my nose from laughing too hard.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Your ex text says 11:30 am, yet in another thread started on the 'burp' - www.abovetopsecret.com... - it says 11:30pm in the ENE news.

Which is right?

There was activity from 17:00 on which we have not positively identified with the strange signal that stumped me. When my better half listened to the sound she said it sounded like bubbling and the penny never dropped.

11:30 pm would be 04:30 am UTC so the timing is wrong but maybe there were rumblings the seismo picked up before the burp occurred? LA01,03,05 and 08 were off line at 04:30 UTC but 09 was on and so was 06 and neither shows anything at all at that time.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

We really need to consolidate sinkhole threads. This is an ongoing mater that deserves one thread I believe to keep everyone on the same page.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOtter
reply to post by Kituwa

Hse you read ANY of the other posts in this thread? What happened at Lake Peigneur wasn't mysterious and is very different from what is going on here.

Just thought others who didnt know what happened in 1980 in LA would find it interesting.

Guess you dont happen to be one of them.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Go easy Friend. It is not actually so very different at all. The cause may be different (maybe) but the end result could have been the same if the salt dome cavern was empty, as in the other incident.

Thank you PM.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kituwa

Thank you PM.

Second line.

I want to apologize for coming off snarky, little sleep this morning but oh well. Not an excuse to get frustrated with you. Peace.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Officials Confirm: Crude oil is flowing to surface of giant sinkhole — USGS reporting seismic activity

Sinkhole Site

Settling/shifting of material underlying sinkhole created disturbance of water in sinkhole in morning roughly coinciding with USGS report of observance of seismic activity – crude oil emulsion and woody debris from sinkhole bottom observed rising to surface, water from nearby swamp seen flowing into sinkhole.

Surface activity observed for several minutes before water calmed again.

Found this from link over at SQ and then here:
enenews.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Your ex text says 11:30 am, yet in another thread started on the 'burp' - www.abovetopsecret.com... - it says 11:30pm in the ENE news.

Which is right?

There was activity from 17:00 on which we have not positively identified with the strange signal that stumped me. When my better half listened to the sound she said it sounded like bubbling and the penny never dropped.

11:30 pm would be 04:30 am UTC so the timing is wrong but maybe there were rumblings the seismo picked up before the burp occurred? LA01,03,05 and 08 were off line at 04:30 UTC but 09 was on and so was 06 and neither shows anything at all at that time.

PM, I can't be sure on the time. I checked the LA DNR website here and it didn't give much to go by.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I got word of the reason why some of the seismographs are offline. The solar panels are not getting the correct amount of sunlight anymore due to fall. They are going around and readjusting them for fall sunlight. They will be back online by the end of the day.

That is from John Boudreaux, director of homeland security in assumption parish.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join