It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hair color when TSHTF.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

As much as it bothers me, I cannot help but feel that the SHTF scenario will include nuclear annihilation of major cities. In anticipation of humans doing what they do best (total destruction based on hurt feelings or greed), I have purchased an older book "How To Survive A Nuclear Attack".

Oddly enough, this book states that there will be plenty of survivors, and there are things to be done, such as what you quoted, which can rid the body of excess radiation. Fallout in areas outside of the target zones is the biggest threat. I was surprised at what simple solutions the book showed to have things like clean food and water, and safety from the radioactive particles raining from the sky.

If your hair falls out, you've gotten a darn-near lethal dose of radioactivity, and you may not live long enough to enjoy it growing out, unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Yes it is something I felt would be related either from EA*RTH attacking itself smh or using weapons to defend against something that may not of been here to aggressively pursue EA*RTH interest but was mistaken out of FEAR? To add the growing out aspect can be from a combination of exposures I feel interesting times are here but that also there is a massive energy related to HOPE hence different colors for the new age like seen in anime cartoons.. As far as grey hair causing neglect I give humans more credit then to overall behave like this.
edit on 10/4/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

As far as grey hair causing neglect I give humans more credit then to overall behave like this.
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I agree. I think that the grey haired ones will have more of a connection back to a time when things weren't completely screwed up, and we may be more valued than what we think. In our current state of affairs, to be old is to be useless, ready to be shuttled off to the nearest retirement home.

In a situation where everything falls to pieces, I think us older ones will be the bridge that gaps the chasm, because we know, and we remember how, and why.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Everyones gona look like #. Dyed hair will look worse. Redheads will still be super hot

I thought about that.
Everyone will look a bit dirty.

So many threads about TSHTF talk about killing anybody who comes near you. Just wondered if grey hair made this more likely.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
When I saw the title I was excited hoping that someone had an after the poo hits the fan way to dye hair but.... What an interesting topic. I think actions, spunk and words will dispel the immediate thought that you are an "old lady". Yes, many judge on looks but if after 5 minutes if they are still judging by looks rather then what the person truly is then those judging are basically shallow and probably won't last long or at least it will be harder for them.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
There's TOO many grey wrinkley's out there at the moment, succling on the 'teat' of the system.........

Those baby boomers will have what's coming to them if their grey hair is revealed.....!!

Revenge of the younger generation................

Sure. Old equals useless. Kick them out of the bunker.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by NotThat

If TSHTF...where are people going to get hair dye anyway. Or, even be in the position to use water to put it in.....

I'll be saving my water for drinking and food preparation. Coloring one's hair will be the least of your worries....

Though, if it's a big concern to you. I'm sure that shelf in the gutted stores will still have some product waiting for you.

Snag a stocking cap instead....

Most people will die in the months after a disaster due to lack of food, shelter, disease, and violence.

I figure grey heads will be natural targets. Take what they have because they will not be able to defend themselves.

A cap is a good idea.

Des

edit on 4-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

I think in the beginning stages it's only natural to look for the strongest bunch of people. Basically the typical masculine guy, or sexy woman. Kids will get by in some areas if they're cute..

Really old people will be looked at as a burden in the beginning..

How old is old? Breeding stock only?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by otie1
reply to post by NotThat

I could see grey hair/long hair representing wisdom and know how.

Our society disagrees with you.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I have to say that this is one of the last things that I would worry about.

I'm grey and I could care less.

Just my opinion.

Well Wild Bob, I assume you are a man.

I think it might be different for a grey haired woman.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Id probably shave my head. I've done it before and it just gives you that cool edge in a girl. Combined with some boots and some cargo pants, I should look somewhat tough and look like I mean business

Exactly!! G.I. Jane!! No one is going to want to mess with me.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
I'll be shaving my head...One less thing to have to worry about...Don't need shampoo that would be hard to come by. That, and I look pretty intimidating with a shaved head. Putting a little fear in the minds of my potential enemies is always a good thing.

I thought about that. It would also prevent lice.

Shaving the head with a razor often produces cuts in the scalp. I though the danger of infection may outweigh any advantage.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
This thread is unusual, but it raises a valid point.

If the fecal matter hits the fan, yeah, I'll have a skunk stripe until it grows out. Will I be discarded? I don't think so. Older women have some excellent home skills that younger women lack. Oh, the younger ones will be used for breeding, and that's fine with me, I'm done with that.....but if you want an excellent meal made with plain ingredients, enough to feed a huge family, have your clothes repaired, have a blanket or sweater made from spare yarn, or somebody to garden, I have those skills. I'm also a fairly good person when it comes to home doctoring.

We older folks have skills and remember how to do things. Younger people, raised on technology, will be found lacking in the basics. There is room for both, IMHO.

Most of the people I know who are prepping are grey haired.
Younger people just assume they will get buy on strength and (stupid) humor.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by NotThat

I believe that in a true SHTF scenario people will be less concerned about judging people by how they look and more concerned by what they can contribute.

Would you give an older person a chance to explain their skills or just shoot them for their supplies?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I agree. I think that the grey haired ones will have more of a connection back to a time when things weren't completely screwed up, and we may be more valued than what we think. In our current state of affairs, to be old is to be useless, ready to be shuttled off to the nearest retirement home.

In a situation where everything falls to pieces, I think us older ones will be the bridge that gaps the chasm, because we know, and we remember how, and why.

As a grey hair, you also hope for intelegence from youth.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
When I saw the title I was excited hoping that someone had an after the poo hits the fan way to dye hair but.... What an interesting topic. I think actions, spunk and words will dispel the immediate thought that you are an "old lady". Yes, many judge on looks but if after 5 minutes if they are still judging by looks rather then what the person truly is then those judging are basically shallow and probably won't last long or at least it will be harder for them.

Those first 5 minutes may be all you have.

I hope you are right.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Id probably shave my head. I've done it before and it just gives you that cool edge in a girl. Combined with some boots and some cargo pants, I should look somewhat tough and look like I mean business

Exactly!! G.I. Jane!! No one is going to want to mess with me.

Texas is a whole different world from the rest of the US.
I think Texans would tend to support other Texans as long as they looked white.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

Strength means nothing to a bullet. Just sayin'......

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well because I've been a hair colorist, and only a colorist for 25 years.
I might be considered an expert for the first time on ATS.

I'm here to tell (mostly the guys) of how important it is
to (mostly the women) to get their roots covered up.
I've had a woman stop on their way home from a 2 week stay in the hospital
to get her color done. I had women say they had given up a couple of medications
to continue to budget for their color. (not my recommendation)

So the power of good hair color should not be under estimated.
If the SHTF I can make color. From Cherries Grapes Bark etc.
If it'll stain (and not kill you) it'll color hair.
Maybe I'll still be at work trading for chickens? haha.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by NotThat

Strength means nothing to a bullet. Just sayin'......

Yeah.
My thought exactly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join