It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hair color when TSHTF.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I have been grey since my early 20s. I have been teaching a class at a senior center and realize that I have less regard for seniors with grey hair.

I wonder if people who dye their hair will have better odds of surviving after a disaster than those with grey hair.

Will people discount grey elders or refuse to help them (as useless eaters)?

Will people see grey haired elders as holding possible knowledge about survival such as gardening skills or food preserving skills?

People who stop dying their hair really look odd. Will they be at a disadvantage when they look a bit skunky?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Everyones gona look like #. Dyed hair will look worse. Redheads will still be super hot

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
There's TOO many grey wrinkley's out there at the moment, succling on the 'teat' of the system.........

Those baby boomers will have what's coming to them if their grey hair is revealed.....!!

Revenge of the younger generation................

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

If TSHTF...where are people going to get hair dye anyway. Or, even be in the position to use water to put it in.....

I'll be saving my water for drinking and food preparation. Coloring one's hair will be the least of your worries....

Though, if it's a big concern to you. I'm sure that shelf in the gutted stores will still have some product waiting for you.

Snag a stocking cap instead....

Des

edit on 4-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

I think in the beginning stages it's only natural to look for the strongest bunch of people. Basically the typical masculine guy, or sexy woman. Kids will get by in some areas if they're cute..

Really old people will be looked at as a burden in the beginning.. They'd have to prove their case. Can they fish without a rod? Can they hunt? Make traps? Know how to get clean water? Can they keep up? Things like that..

If you look muscular you should be fine. Also if you just have a commanding attitude you're fine too. I'll argue with anybody. I'd argue with the president if I saw him on the street. No one is above me if they are wrong. Haha..

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I was thinking about going with a light auburn with a blonde mixture. Just for the ends, and probably add a few drips of chestnut brown.

I don't know... so many choices.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Who cares about hair color.. Ill be too busy looking for eyeliner.
I dye mine.. but I have a salt and pepper naturally still. Problem is that my grey isnt grey... its a REAL shiny silver and will serve as a beacon for the zombies.. "Under here guys is a brain". I look way too bizarre with my skin color and eye color.. and silver hair. Dying it is sort of a mercy to those who spook easily.

I do believe that folks will view the grey folks as a burden.. initially. And they will be.. initially. The smart ones will hope they find a few elderly to learn from.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

I could see grey hair/long hair representing wisdom and know how.
Dark haired people would have a natural camoflauge and would probably be more skillful in a kill.
But then there's blondes unfortunately for me we would stick right out.
But overall those with grey hair themselves reak experience. They would probably be the teachers to the next generation.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
I was thinking about going with a light auburn with a blonde mixture. Just for the ends, and probably add a few drips of chestnut brown.

I don't know... so many choices.

NONONONONO... dont do it.
In college one of my roomies was a black girl with pretty long hair, right below her shoulders and a literal natural knockout. Well she got this stupid idea to bleach herself blonde. I was brown skin and black hair and didnt give a damn to do it to myself, but didnt mind helping her. Well about 1/2 way through it went to carrot clown orange... of course.. so she said we would leave it on longer. DIdnt do much.. so we get yet another box of the bleach kit and did it again. NOT my idea.. I was just the dummy aiding her in destroying her head. Her hair went to mush and her scalp literally ran with blood and then scabbed up. Poor girl looked like she had mange. Thank God for wigs.. well after the scabs got better anyway.

Again... NONONONONONO dont do it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Green and purple all the way!

It makes you stand out.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
When TSHTF I'll be off down the hairdressers for some long dread extentions with beads. Everyone loves a rasta. I hope they'll be open and they take cash.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Pink...definitely pink for me.....

I'll powder coat my guns pink to match.

Des

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have to say that this is one of the last things that I would worry about.

I'm grey and I could care less.

Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'll be shaving my head...One less thing to have to worry about...Don't need shampoo that would be hard to come by. That, and I look pretty intimidating with a shaved head. Putting a little fear in the minds of my potential enemies is always a good thing.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This thread is unusual, but it raises a valid point.

At 50 years old, I am mostly grey. This is a hereditary thing that I, out of 4 siblings, was the only one "lucky" enough to get (and I'm the youngest, go figure).

I dye my hair, because my hair wasn't a pretty silver, it was a yellowey-grey. I had two choices: Wash my hair with some shampoo which would silver my hair, or dye it. I decided to go with dye.

If the fecal matter hits the fan, yeah, I'll have a skunk stripe until it grows out. Will I be discarded? I don't think so. Older women have some excellent home skills that younger women lack. Oh, the younger ones will be used for breeding, and that's fine with me, I'm done with that.....but if you want an excellent meal made with plain ingredients, enough to feed a huge family, have your clothes repaired, have a blanket or sweater made from spare yarn, or somebody to garden, I have those skills. I'm also a fairly good person when it comes to home doctoring.

We older folks have skills and remember how to do things. Younger people, raised on technology, will be found lacking in the basics. There is room for both, IMHO.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
[more

Meh....why even bother

edit on 4-10-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

I believe that in a true SHTF scenario people will be less concerned about judging people by how they look and more concerned by what they can contribute.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Id probably shave my head. I've done it before and it just gives you that cool edge in a girl. Combined with some boots and some cargo pants, I should look somewhat tough and look like I mean business

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I thought of shaving my head but folk would think I'm some sort of radiation mutant and shoot me.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Fallout arriving within a few hours after a nuclear explosion is highly radioactive. If it collects on the skin in large enough quantities it can cause beta burns (see section, “Symptoms of Radiation Injury”).
People who are caught outside in fallout should brush fallout particles off themselves and shake out their outer garments as soon as they get inside the bomb shelter. [color=cyan]Some people may be carrying umbrellas and wearing raincoats to keep the fallout particles off their skin and hair.
If people have not taken such precautions, [color=cyan]they should try to get the fallout particles off their skin and out of their hair and clothing as much as possible before going further into the bomb shelter. But, they should not block the entrance so others can’t get in.

God forbid its related to a shtf. If so hair falls or is cut off then regrows in fancy new age colors.
edit on 10/4/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join