Hair color when TSHTF.

page: 7
8
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99
 


I don't know about the blue light thing. I have heard of it but don't think it will amount to much. I like your comment on communities working together. Trouble is a lot of the people who are in charge are overpaid idiots. We need to oust them and put people with common sense in charge if tshtf. People with compassion for all good natured people and someone who can make things work. The ones in charge now are experienced in getting government money and they need to go. We need to work together as a community organization without someone getting power. We need to have leaders instead of power hungry and conceited people in charge if the tshtf. People who can organize survival groups to supply the communities needs and food production and storage. We also need some to help protect the communities.




posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintinwaiting
This is quite an interesting, yet obscure topic in relation to the whole SHTF thing - you have an interesting mind. Take it as a compliment - I like people who can think outside the norm. I myself, would definitely turn into the skunk look fast, haha. On another random slant to your own random slant, I have been wanting to make some magnetite water and strart drinking it, see what happens to my hair. I heard that for some, entire strands of grey hair turn dark, all at once. It's a really interesting concept, to imagine all the things this magnetically charged water can do for the body. I hope to get the funds to purchase materials for my own shot at it soon. Here's a link:

www.quantumbalancing.com...

And instructions:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-10-2012 by saintinwaiting because: spell correct


Thanks for the compliment.

I looked around the web site. Some interesting topics listed.
I'd be curious what that water would be doing to my body as my hair changed color.
Let me know how you feel and if your hair turns dark.



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
OP I think your views are a product of your culture.

In many cultures grey hair invokes feelings of respect and authority, knowledge and wisdom.

I don't know where you are from but it's obvious that social conditioning has taught you subconsciously that old people are useless, whether you are aware of this or not, so I would assume that you're from either the US or the UK.



Yeah, I know.
The US.
It is interesting what comes up from your subconscience if you pay attention.
But if I am a senior with grey hair and feel this way, what do 20 somethings feel like in my culture?



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex


You may have youth and vigor... But you don't have wisdom yet

But we have experience and cunning.


I have heard youg people mumble about old people having everything, and that it isn't fair.

I hadn't really thought about a situation where it became an us vs. them, old vs. young type of thing.
That is a pretty scary idea.

I was thinking more along the lines of "useless eaters" so take what they have and kill them or leave them to starve kind of situation.



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't consider the elderly to be useless eaters. They might not be able to hunt or do physical labor but all that knowledge they have about surviving without modern conveniences will be a boon to all.



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

In coming energies are possible. But mostly I search for all Blue Wave posts due to my sons dream of this occurring. We had to go in the house, and shut the doors/windows, and then it was OK.

In every emergency big and small from plane crashes to the Titanic, people pull together and start establishes order and sharing.



Go in the house, close the door and window against some kind of energy - and everything will be Ok. Hang out inside for 6 weeks or 3 months and everything will be cool.

I saw that, too. Not blue, but energy of some kind. Something new.


I think people help each other when they know the problem is temporary like a crash or a storm.
I think people think of themselves first when it is a never ending problem.



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye
 



You are not allowed to bring guns into a shelter.
They took the guns away from those waiting at the stadium after Katrina.



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
and still there are always looters.


There are always looters. We had looters when a fire threatened homes in my area this summer.
They weren't starving. Just greedy.



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
I wouldn't consider the elderly to be useless eaters. They might not be able to hunt or do physical labor but all that knowledge they have about surviving without modern conveniences will be a boon to all.


So are you going to quiz them before feeding them?



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat
 


ummmm no. I meant that everyone contributes in their own way. Knowledge is just as powerful as a gun.



posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat
reply to post by hawkiye
 



You are not allowed to bring guns into a shelter.
They took the guns away from those waiting at the stadium after Katrina.


Well if you are willing to go into a shelter just turn in your guns now and forget the whole thing...


The vast majority of people in Katrina did not go to shelters and did not turn their guns over to the thugs masquerading as government help. Sure they disarmed little old ladies with pistols and a few people willing to turn them over but what the media did not show you was the many folks who told the disarmers they best be moving on if they wanted to return to their families at the end of the day...



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If it's some post apocalypse scenario, with people sifting through rubble for useful items, so on and so forth - people are going to be so freaking dirty that nobody may appear to have grey hair.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing
 


Indigo, henna and walnut - presto - red to brown to black (something for everyone) and cassia for blond.




posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat
 


I have dyed my hair green so that I can fit in with nature when the SHTF...



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
reply to post by NotThat
 


ummmm no. I meant that everyone contributes in their own way. Knowledge is just as powerful as a gun.


Well, it is good to know you won't kill off the grey hairs.
Thanks.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye


The vast majority of people in Katrina did not go to shelters and did not turn their guns over to the thugs masquerading as government help. Sure they disarmed little old ladies with pistols and a few people willing to turn them over but what the media did not show you was the many folks who told the disarmers they best be moving on if they wanted to return to their families at the end of the day...



Well, I hadn't heard that.
How do you know this?
I assume if you need government aid you will need to give up your weapons to get it.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
If it's some post apocalypse scenario, with people sifting through rubble for useful items, so on and so forth - people are going to be so freaking dirty that nobody may appear to have grey hair.


You are right. Kind of like a post war scene.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by sealing
 


Indigo, henna and walnut - presto - red to brown to black (something for everyone) and cassia for blond.



Soaking walnuts in water will create a strong dye. I have used it to dye baskets.
I would think it would be difficult to dye your hair without dying your forehead and hands. You'd probably need help.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
ROFL...Hair color? My head will be in a ghillie suit. It won't make a difference of my hair color....



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by NotThat
 


I have dyed my hair green so that I can fit in with nature when the SHTF...


I got a good laugh out of that.

I am starting to think that a knit hat might be a good idea.





new topics
top topics
 
8
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join