It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Supporters: What policies that Romney talked about in the debate did you like?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Yes, yes, we all know that all of you think Romney had a knockout last night. That he appeared flashy and agressive and Obama appeared less responsive. Yes, we all know that, we know that the right wing is captivated by the "performance" of last night.

But I want to know what polices that Romney talked about did you like?

Did you like the part where he said he is going to take common tax deductions away from the middle class?

Did you like the part where he is going to cut education funding?

Did you like the part where he is going to systematically bankrupt medicare?

Did you like the part where he says he is going to remove the regulations on Wall Street?

I'd like to focus more on the content and what you like about Romney's policies that he talked about.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

I really liked the part where he said to Obama...you've had 4 years to reduce the deficit. You said you'd cut the deficit in half, and you haven't, you've added another trillions dollars.

Yeah...I liked that part a lot....

Des

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I really liked the part where he said to Obama...you've had 4 years to reduce the deficit. You said you'd cut the deficit in half, and you haven't, you've added another trillions dollars.

Des

He didn't cut the deficit but he didn't double it either.

It’s not true that Obama “doubled” the deficit. He inherited a $1.2 trillion deficit and deficits have remained at or above that level, as Romney said, every year since then. Romney is right, however, that Obama has not kept his promise to cut the deficit in half.

Fact Check

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Des

That isn't exactly a policy position of Romney, is it?

I'm asking what policies you like of Romney, not what you don't like about Obama.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
BTW, I fully expected this thread to be pretty dull and not very active.

This just proves that all the hype about Romney's "win" is purely cosmetic. On content and policy, this will eventually be a loss for Romney.

So, all the people gushing over Romney's "performance" last night, I hope you can come to this thread and define which of Romney's policies he talked about last night that you support.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
Yes, yes, we all know that all of you think Romney had a knockout last night. That he appeared flashy and agressive and Obama appeared less responsive. Yes, we all know that, we know that the right wing is captivated by the "performance" of last night.

But I want to know what polices that Romney talked about did you like?

Did you like the part where he said he is going to take common tax deductions away from the middle class?

Did you like the part where he says he is going to remove the regulations on Wall Street?

I'd like to focus more on the content and what you like about Romney's policies that he talked about.

If you want an honest discussion you have to stop with this crap

You are putting your own twist to what he said to make it fit your opinion that has long ago been made up.
Nothing of what you posted is true and MILLIONS heard it straight from Romney last night, your Dem talking points are not impacting anymore.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I listened on the radio and not watched it on tv, but i missed where he said the things you say he said. Nice try to bait this thing though.....

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

You are putting your own twist to what he said to make it fit your opinion that has long ago been made up.
Nothing of what you posted is true and MILLIONS heard it straight from Romney last night, your Dem talking points are not impacting anymore.

So which policies of Romney's that he discussed last night did you like?

It seems like a simple question, according to most right wingers, Romney had a complete slam dunk last night. So you should be able to say what policies of Romney's you like that he talked about.

And yet no one seems to be able to do that, I wonder why?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l

I listened on the radio and not watched it on tv, but i missed where he said the things you say he said. Nice try to bait this thing though.....

Ok, so set me straight.

Give me the things Romney talked about that you agree with and that he actually said last night.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Des

No politician on the planet could fix the economy in four years.. Obama was careless with his words.. I do think he meant in the long term though, but that's not how he put it while running for office ..

Anyone who thinks the deficit could be cut in half in four years is lacking some iq points.. nobody could do it with the current state of the economy.. ( not even clinton )

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Mind you .. I don't think Romney really talked policy much.. and really never has.. the debate last night was a farce.. I'm disappointed in both of them to be honest.

Yes they sparred nicely and Romney performed well.. but they aren't really doing much to address issues so much as they are ripping at each other.

Here's a lovely idea.. why not an actual debate? otherwise they may as well just put on some boxing gloves.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
even tho i cant stand either side of the same coin...the OP brings up a good point......bash the sitting POTUS is easy...but to actually say something about policies that one hasnt thought about yet is rather difficult
...this is poliTICKs in america..

when all is lied about and done...they will do whatever they want when in office

i cant believe that people think these debates bring up meaningfull info.....it all just a show......when ones head is in the sand, it doesnt matter which why you look..its all still sand...

and i repeat..
even tho i cant stand either side of the same coin...the OP brings up a good point......bash the sitting POTUS is easy...but to actually say something about policies that one hasnt thought about yet is rather difficult

( bell rings..announces says..'now let the emotions fly')

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

What you heard:

What Romney said:

"My view is that we ought to provide tax relief to people in the middle class. But I'm not going to reduce the share of taxes paid by high-income people. High-income people are doing just fine in this economy. They'll do fine whether you're president or I am.

The people who are having the hard time right now are middle- income Americans. Under the president's policies, middle-income Americans have been buried. They're just being crushed. Middle- income Americans have seen their income come down by $4,300. This is a -- this is a tax in and of itself. I'll call it the economy tax. It's been crushing.

At the same time, gasoline prices have doubled under the president. Electric rates are up. Food prices are up. Health care costs have gone up by $2,500 a family. Middle-income families are being crushed."...

"...But I do want to reduce the burden being paid by middle-income Americans. And I -- and to do that, that also means I cannot reduce the burden paid by high-income Americans. So any -- any language to the contrary is simply not accurate."

What you heard:

What Romney said:

"But the president mentioned a couple of other ideas I'll just note. First, education. I agree: Education is key, particularly the future of our economy. But our training programs right now, we've got 47 of them, housed in the federal government, reporting to eight different agencies. Overhead is overwhelming. We've got to get those dollars back to the states and go to the workers so they can create their own pathways to get in the training they need for jobs that will really help them...."

What you heard:

What Romney actually said:

"I want to take that $716 billion you've cut and put it back into Medicare. By the way, we can include a prescription program if we need to improve it.
But the idea of cutting $716 billion from Medicare to be able to balance the additional cost of Obamacare is, in my opinion, a mistake.
And with regards to young people coming along, I've got proposals to make sure Medicare and Social Security are there for them without any question."
"...Number two is for people coming along that are young, what I do to make sure that we can keep Medicare in place for them is to allow them either to choose the current Medicare program or a private plan. Their choice.

They get to choose -- and they'll have at least two plans that will be entirely at no cost to them. So they don't have to pay additional money, no additional $6,000. That's not going to happen. They'll have at least two plans.

And by the way, if the government can be as efficient as the private sector and offer premiums that are as low as the private sector, people will be happy to get traditional Medicare or they'll be able to get a private plan."

What you heard:

What Romney plans to do:

"Regulation is essential. You can't have a free market work if you don't have regulation. As a businessperson, I had to have -- I need to know the regulations. I needed them there. You couldn't have people opening up banks in their -- in their garage and making loans. I mean, you have to have regulations so that you can have an economy work. Every free economy has good regulation. At the same time, regulation can become excessive."

"...it can become out of date. And what's happened with some of the legislation that's been passed during the president's term, you've seen regulation become excessive, and it's hurt -- it's hurt the economy. Let me give you an example.

Dodd-Frank was passed. And it includes within it a number of provisions that I think has some unintended consequences that are harmful to the economy. One is it designates a number of banks as too big to fail, and they're effectively guaranteed by the federal government. This is the biggest kiss that's been given to -- to New York banks I've ever seen. This is an enormous boon for them. There've been 122 community and small banks have closed since Dodd- Frank."

So please spare me the " I want to discuss the issues" BS when you ignore the facts and just throw in a bunch of talking points you've heard on MSNPMS.

Here is the actual transcript of the debate if you really want to find fault in what Romney said give it a read, THEN come back and post an educated question.
www.foxnews.com...

cheers mate...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I'm still failing to see anything that you liked from Romney.

Yes, I laid out what I got out of Romney's talking points because I know the independet studies that have been done on them and the disinformation Romney is putting out there about them.

But that isn't what this thread is about, this thread is for Romney supporters (which I'm not even sure if you are or not) to come and champion the policies they heard Romney talk about last night.

So far, no one has been able to name even one policy they liked of Romney's from last night. I think that is pretty telling.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It wasn't WHAT Romney said,

It was HOW he said those things

That stage was a death match and Obama took it, even though Obama had maybe rhetorical tools
at his disposal he sat on his hands.

Obama better drink some coffee and wake up, 'cause he is in danger with showings like that.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

I'm still failing to see anything that you liked from Romney.

Yes, I laid out what I got out of Romney's talking points because I know the independet studies that have been done on them and the disinformation Romney is putting out there about them.

But that isn't what this thread is about, this thread is for Romney supporters (which I'm not even sure if you are or not) to come and champion the policies they heard Romney talk about last night.

So far, no one has been able to name even one policy they liked of Romney's from last night. I think that is pretty telling.
THIS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The parts in blue are only a few of Romney's ideas that I agree with and like.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What did I like about a Globalist Scum Bag's agenda?

Nuffin'.

What do I like about the other side's Globalist Scum Bag and his agenda?

Nuffin'.

Neither should you.

~Tenth
edit on 10/4/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

So you like Romney's tax plan, where he wants to lower tax rates across the board, right? And you also know that means that Romney said these tax cuts are going to be "revenue neutral" which means he is going to cut taxes, and yet experience no cut in tax revenue. He claims he does this by "closing loopholes" and taking away or limiting some common deductions. And independent studies say those reduction in deductions are going to hit the middle class the hardest. There is no other way for Romney's plan to be "revenue neutral" without hitting the middle class with an effective tax increase by removing deductions they depend on to keep their tax bill low. Please notice that Romney never said how the middle class isn't going to get hit by that, he just says it's not true, but he doesn't explain any alternative.

So let's move on to the medicare "cut". He has the exact same plan to "cut" medicare by the same amount. Ignoring the fact that it isn't a "cut" at all, how can he criticize Obama for something he plans on doing anyway. The only difference between Romney and Obama on this is that Obama uses the saving to offset rising healthcare costs in Obamacare, and Romney will use the savings to spend more on the military. And yes, by introducing "competition" into medicare, that is the quickest way to bankrupt medicare because medicare does not have the ability to "compete" like private insurance does. So Romney takes money from the medicare fund, gives it as a voucher (which won't cover the full cost), and then when the private insurance company kicks the retiree out because they get sick and they find a BS pre-existing condition, or their benefits run out (thanks to Romney repealing the protections in Obamacare), then they fall back to medicare even though they have removed the funds from medicare through the voucher program for the time they've been on private insurance. So you will have a system where people are on private insurance until they get sick, and then once the private insurance kicks them off, they fall back to medicare which has to pay all the costs of them being sick but never got the premium support during the years they weren't. Not to mention that the ultimate goal is to move enough people to private insurance and take enough money out of medicare to make it insolvent so that it bankrupts itself and can't survive. At that point all retirees are at the mercy of private insurance with no other option.

Your last quote isn't a policy from Romney, it is just a criticism of Obama's policy. As usual, Romney doesn't offer up details on his "solution".

So you like that Romney is going to removed deductions from the middle class and put us on a path where there is no medicare in the future. That is your right to support that, but I don't think many will agree with you.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Here are a couple more Romney policies that I agree with.

ISRAEL:
To ensure Israel’s security, Mitt Romney will work closely with Israel to maintain its strategic military edge. The United States will work intensively with Turkey and Egypt to shore up the now fraying relationships with Israel that have underpinned peace in the Middle East for decades. The United States must forcefully resist the emergence of anti-Israel policies in Turkey and Egypt, and work to make clear that their interests are not served by isolating Israel.

With regard to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Mitt’s policy will differ sharply from President Obama’s. As president, Mitt will reject any measure that would frustrate direct negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians. He will make clear to the Palestinians that the unilateral attempt to decide issues that are designated for final negotiations by the Oslo Accords is unacceptable. The United States will reduce assistance to the Palestinians if they continue to pursue United Nations recognition or form a unity government that includes Hamas, a terrorist group dedicated to Israel’s destruction. The United States needs a president who will not be a fair-weather friend of Israel. The United States must work as a country to resist the worldwide campaign to delegitimize Israel. We must fight against that campaign in every forum and label it the anti-Semitic poison that it is. Israel’s existence as a Jewish state is not up for debate.

MIDDLE EAST:
To protect our enduring national interests and to promote our ideals, a Romney administration will pursue a strategy of supporting groups and governments across the Middle East to advance the values of representative government, economic opportunity, and human rights, and opposing any extension of Iranian or jihadist influence. The Romney administration will strive to ensure that the Arab Spring is not followed by an Arab Winter.

Mitt will engage Congress and relevant executive branch agencies and begin organizing all diplomatic and assistance efforts in the greater Middle East under one regional director. Unlike recent “special envoys” or regional “czars,” this official will possess unified budgetary and directive authority, and therefore real ability to create results. One official with responsibility and accountability will be able to set regional priorities, craft a unified regional strategic plan, and properly direct our soft power toward ensuring the Arab Spring realizes its promise.

ECONOMY:
Take Immediate Action: Return Non-Security Discretionary Spending To Below 2008 Levels
Send Congress a bill on Day One that cuts non-security discretionary spending by 5 percent across the board
Pass the House Republican Budget proposal, rolling back President Obama’s government expansion by capping non-security discretionary spending below 2008 levels

AND REPEAL OBAMACARE FULLY

If you truly want to see how an adult would fix this economy click here;
www.mittromney.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Dude, on second thought, I'm not going to do a debate redux here, where you play Obama and I pretend I'm Romney,
You asked for examples, I gave them to you.
sayonara and good luck with all that anger.
Sorry your boy got his ass handed to him. better luck next time.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join