It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Witness on SyFy: Travis Walton case

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
>>
This is an outstanding example. Due to the number of witnesses, the polygraph tests, and consistent stories for 37 years.

You are wrong, deal with it.
>>

You entirely and completely under-estimate human psychology and human nature.
If you'd know WHY humans can and would the the most abstruse and weirdest things, their motives etc..etc..the only logical conclusion is NOT to put your faith in witness statements alone.

Humans are capable of doing sick and "incredible" things, they are capable of lying, murder, deceit, deception, manipulation etc..and we humans do so ever since we exist

Is this case "authentic"? Who knows? You? Why? Because someone said so? Because the witness(es) *seem* credible? Because there is so called "evidence" (cough) like that he wore the same clothes and was not shaved? Please....

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

I'm an on the fence guy that enjoys daydreaming...

This episode brought a thought into my mind (about the feller who looked human, except having weird eyes) was walking the hall beside Travis; this feller was wearing a space-suit, while every other being was apparently breathing other-wise (normal) atmospheric air.

This human looking thing can't breathe our air???

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What people need to learn, especially in this thread is that the people doubting this story and the question of whether Aliens and UFO's exist will always try to get rid of the facts, not opinions, the actual facts of what happened. In this case there is more evidence to prove what happened to Travis Walton rather than disprove. I love the way people resort to going through the background of Walton and his friends/family as if to discredit him and the story. I'm no psychologist but watching that documentary last night opened my eyes to this phenomena. Whether Walton was abducted (which the polygraph tests and hypnosis suggest did happen) or not its clear something took place during that evening. I feel so sorry for Walton and those that witnessed what happened because of all of the critique they have received.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

I'm an on the fence guy that enjoys daydreaming...

This episode brought a thought into my mind (about the feller who looked human, except having weird eyes) was walking the hall beside Travis; this feller was wearing a space-suit, while every other being was apparently breathing other-wise (normal) atmospheric air.

This human looking thing can't breathe our air???

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

I think it's safe to assume the word "feller" in this threat has yet to be mentioned. So no apologies necessary.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
What people need to learn, especially in this thread is that the people doubting this story and the question of whether Aliens and UFO's exist will always try to get rid of the facts, not opinions, the actual facts of what happened. In this case there is more evidence to prove what happened to Travis Walton rather than disprove. I love the way people resort to going through the background of Walton and his friends/family as if to discredit him and the story. I'm no psychologist but watching that documentary last night opened my eyes to this phenomena. Whether Walton was abducted (which the polygraph tests and hypnosis suggest did happen) or not its clear something took place during that evening. I feel so sorry for Walton and those that witnessed what happened because of all of the critique they have received.

Boy, are you way off the mark! And you call yourself a "Professor"? Shouldn't that mean that you'd have a higher level of intelligence? Doesn't sound it. You gotta make a choice: either Walton's tale happened the way he says it did or is he a hoaxer? You gotta make a choice: are alleged aliens abducting humans or is it all a dream?

If your life depended on it you couldn't prove that Walton actually experienced what he claims he did. But when you look at the facts of the case, the real facts not the romantic fable that the believers oh so love, you'll find that Walton is a hoaxer. Him and his buddies deserve all of the hell they get because they know that they can deceive only the gullible.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
reply to post by DarthFazer

From my observations of people, even very smart people will have mental barriers they put up in their minds that these things can't be true, and many do this because if it were true to them, they would have to confront other implications that their low or self stunted spiritual growth is not ready, or able to accept.

That sherriff and the shrike is a perfect example of what I'm talking about..

I thought this latest show was very well done and well worth watching..

I know in my own mind that what happened to him was a real event, and not some hoax as some think..
edit on 5-10-2012 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

Exactly because one has to evaluate everything, in the 1800's if you said we were going to send a man to the moon you were ostracised from society or sent to a loony bin. There are people who claim the world is flat still, 100 years ago if you claimed the world was a perfect sphere you had the same staunch opposition from those not receptive to the idea. It's counter productive and opposes innovation and ideas.

The idea that we are the center of the universe and that other civilizations are limited due to our techological barriers is what I find comical. Think outside the box people.

skeptics dont take baby steps take leaps with us please
edit on 7-10-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Boy, are you way off the mark! And you call yourself a "Professor"? Shouldn't that mean that you'd have a higher level of intelligence? Doesn't sound it. You gotta make a choice: either Walton's tale happened the way he says it did or is he a hoaxer? You gotta make a choice: are alleged aliens abducting humans or is it all a dream?

If your life depended on it you couldn't prove that Walton actually experienced what he claims he did. But when you look at the facts of the case, the real facts not the romantic fable that the believers oh so love, you'll find that Walton is a hoaxer. Him and his buddies deserve all of the hell they get because they know that they can deceive only the gullible.

The Shrike,

I don't mind differing opinions and debate, in fact I like it. But, when one uses National Inquirer as a source for your claims, while ignoring polygraph evidence, you have to question them.

I am down to one of two possibilities:

1. You are really just not very smart, and/or have no ability to comprehend the alien reality, in spite of the facts.
2. Someone is paying you to be ignorant.

Which is it? If it is number one,my apologies.
edit on 7-10-2012 by Jchristopher5 because: Corrections

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So I watched the documentary, have to admit it was pretty good (minus the dramatic background music in the show which was really annoying). But the guys SEEMED credible to me.

Puzzling was that he reported humans (?) on the space ship.

Well...i still would have some questions tho...

First, why did Travis not freak like the others did but instead was outside the truck and actually approached the craft? I have a hard time to believe this.

How could he have the strength to get up and more or less assault the aliens, while he was first in pain strapped to the stretcher...also kind of hard to believe...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

It was probably a contamination suit. The greys may not be subceptable to any diseases from us, but their clones are, if they were clones. Scary to think because they could be a close friend and noone would ever know.

*So now the skeptics believe that Travis was hit over the head??? wow. One of the best abductions ever recorded and this is their theory. I'm not surprised. I guess it's the same mentality explaining Mothman and the Green Monster in Flatwoods as owls or other birds.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I have see a UFO, stationary position, up close with many witnesses present. 3 were cops. So whatever the detail of the Walton case are they have no effect on my understanding of the issue at large.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
the believers did not answer my questions...how was he kept alive??? he never mentioned drinking or eating anything in that time period, and he had only 1 mark on his body....an injection mark...not near a vein...meaning he could not have been given liquid intraveinously.

this is a HUGE red flag...you can't ignore it.

nothing in his urine sample, there should be things in it if you haven't eaten for several days. Could not have been better timing for the boss.....which the timing was way too big of a coincidence.

edit on 9-10-2012 by research100 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthFazer
They actually depicted his story accurately unlike the 90's film kudos besides the work with the greys faces not so accurate to his description. Great episode, and they had the whole crew backing up the story this time. That's a first time i seen them come out and talk.Read the book his story is much more profound then the 90's spun version, it's fascinating to know humanoids and greys were working along side eachother. This is the most important part and was left out the 90's film. What does this mean? Are we related to other humanoid ET's in the universe? Were these just hybrid humans? In his book he described them as being muscular blonde nordic types. I always wondered are we just an experiment and a work in progress?

I don't get why people have such a hard time dealing with this being a real case? These men are so genuine in their accounts. There is much conviction and emotion when they talk about it with difficulty. They witnessed a traumatic ordeal that's for sure.
edit on 4-10-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

You know what's interesting about that? Billy Mier (yes, I know - but bear with me) also stated the same thing, long before this happened. Now if Travis were pulling info from Mier well...that could always be possible but if not - then wow!

Also, I remember seeing a video were a Spanish guy in Mexico (or some other south american country) claimed to be abducted and witnessed blonde haired nordish looking people. Wish I could find that video...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
the believers did not answer my questions...how was he kept alive??? he never mentioned drinking or eating anything in that time period, and he had only 1 mark on his body....an injection mark...not near a vein...meaning he could not have been given liquid intraveinously.

this is a HUGE red flag...you can't ignore it.

nothing in his urine sample, there should be things in it if you haven't eaten for several days. Could not have been better timing for the boss.....which the timing was way too big of a coincidence.

edit on 9-10-2012 by research100 because: spelling

You sure the puncture wasn't near his vein?

Travis felt like he had only been gone a short time, not days. Maybe time travel was involved?

Maybe he was given nutrition orally, and wasn't aware.

I am not sure. But, it doesn't change the fact there were six witnesses, who passed a polygraph.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5

The Shrike,

I don't mind differing opinions and debate, in fact I like it. But, when one uses National Inquirer as a source for your claims, while ignoring polygraph evidence, you have to question them.

1. You are really just not very smart, and/or have no ability to comprehend the alien reality, in spite of the facts.

Differing opinions is normal for everyone processes information differently from others. I enjoy debates also. But a balanced debate is impossible when one side is dependent on fantasy instead of facts. I fantasize, of course, but it doesn't interfere with my reality.

The reality is that if your life depended on it you couldn't put enough facts together to convince anyone that Walton was really abducted. You a blind to a snow job. At no time did I quote or mention National Inquirer as a source no did I make any claims. I simply said I don't accept the Walton case as being true. I am also guided by the work that Phil Klass did.

I am extremely smart, with an IQ of 145 based on the Wechsler and Stanford-Binet requirements. That kind of superior thinking forces me to ignore any claims of alien reality. It's impossible for me to be ignorant.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

The Shrike,

Differing opinions is normal for everyone processes information differently from others. I enjoy debates also. But a balanced debate is impossible when one side is dependent on fantasy instead of facts. I fantasize, of course, but it doesn't interfere with my reality.

The reality is that if your life depended on it you couldn't put enough facts together to convince anyone that Walton was really abducted. You a blind to a snow job. At no time did I quote or mention National Inquirer as a source no did I make any claims. I simply said I don't accept the Walton case as being true. I am also guided by the work that Phil Klass did.

I am extremely smart, with an IQ of 145 based on the Wechsler and Stanford-Binet requirements. That kind of superior thinking forces me to ignore any claims of alien reality. It's impossible for me to be ignorant.

Oh wait, I didn't know I was dealing with such an incredible intellect. I bow to your superior skills. Haha.

Your "intellect forces you to ignore ANY claims of alien reality"! That is one of the dumbest statements I have ever read.

Seriously, do you really have to quote your IQ to make our point? Listen Shrike, I won't say that I know everything. But, I know the UFO reality is real. Is it possible that Walton and team pulled a fast one? I suppose it is possible, but Cy Gilson (not sure of his IQ) said that it was virtually impossible for 5 men to beat him at his game. Statistically impossible. Walton passed too, years later.

How does your superior intellect ignore all of that?
edit on 10-10-2012 by Jchristopher5 because: Edits

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

It's impossible for me to be ignorant.

Are you some type of superhuman clone?
Thats just ridiculous..

If you really have such a high IQ, it doesn't seem to give you any modesty!
edit on 10-10-2012 by hesse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

yes, the doctor verified that the puncture mark was NOT near a vein. When travis originally gave his story, he never said he was fed or given liquid orally.

edit on 10-10-2012 by research100 because: (no reason given)

the men wouldn't have to lie..if they thought they saw something...were set up to see something

How did his brother get all the info out of him when he was in such a dazed state??

considering
that Travis had been in such a
"confused' state-of-mind when
picked up in Heber and that he apparently remained in this dazed condition until
late in the morning of Nov. 11, it is strange that Duane would have been able to
acquire so many details by 3 p.m. of the same day as to what allegedly had happened
aboard the UFO,

edit on 10-10-2012 by research100 because: added paragraph and correct spelling

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

snip

Your words: "Is it possible that Walton and team pulled a fast one? I suppose it is possible," Bingo! You can think!

edit on 10-10-2012 by The Shrike because: Grammar correction

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hesse
reply to post by The Shrike

It's impossible for me to be ignorant.

Are you some type of superhuman clone?
Thats just ridiculous..

If you really have such a high IQ, it doesn't seem to give you any modesty!
edit on 10-10-2012 by hesse because: (no reason given)

You said: "If you really have such a high IQ, it doesn't seem to give you any modesty!"

Not needed!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

snip

Your words: "Is it possible that Walton and team pulled a fast one? I suppose it is possible," Bingo! You can think!

edit on 10-10-2012 by The Shrike because: Grammar correction

Yep, and I think you are a tool.

And I also think you are lying about your IQ. You seem more like the village idiot to me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join