It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Witness on SyFy: Travis Walton case

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I just watched a mind-blowing episode regarding the Travis Walton case. Perhaps the best case for an alien presence known. Here are a summary of the facts:

1. Back from a day of logging, the crew was headed home when they witnessed strange lights in the Arizona forest.
2. As they got closer they all claimed to see a brilliantly lit, beautiful, disk shaped metallic object.
3. Walton, who knew little fear, got out of their truck and walked towards the craft. The crew shouted for him to come back but he refused to listen.
4. He as taken up into the craft and the crew fled in fear.
5. They reported this to the local sheriff who thought they were lying or pulling a prank. Or worse, murder.
6. All except for one passed a lie detector test about Walton being taken by the UFO. The other one passed it years later.
7. Walton was gone for several days, and came back unshaven in the same clothes.
8. Walton told of 4 foot beings and a medical exam. He remember a lot about his visit, and being let off an enormous craft.
9. The police detective who administered the lie detector tests calculated the odds at over 1 million to one that all of these guys could have been lying.

SyFy will reshot this. Check it out if you get time. Anyone else catch it?

edit on 4-10-2012 by Jchristopher5 because: Typos fixed (probably still missed some)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

Type in Travis Walton into your search bar if you liked that episode.......There are a couple REALLY long and very in depth threads about this case. You will find them much more interesting than a tv show!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Travis was on the radio not long ago. C2C I think it was. he says he is getting tired of talking about it. One could hear the weariness in his voice.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yes, I watched it last night. I was really interested to see if they would follow his actual story or hype it like the movie. It was presented very well, and I appreciated that the crew members actually came forth and spoke about their perspective of the event. I was moved as some shed tears this many years later. For me, there was too much emotion in these guys for them to be lying. They were deeply still affected by the event. Everything they showed followed his statements about the abduction. I believe that this case has so much evidence it can not be ignored. Very much enjoyed the show and I believe they are telling the truth. I know others will disagree, and that is fine.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I can't say for a fact that his story is true, but I believe him. There is a certain calm, honesty, and naivety about his demeanor and personality that is so believable.

When he talks about it he still seems sullen distraught and affected by it somehow. The kind of thing you don't get from those hoaxers who are all too eager to talk about their "experiences".

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think they should have sawed more trees from the abduction spot and cut some control trees much farther away to get a better comparison.
Just cutting one dead tree to determine if there was accelerated tree growth after the incident was very unscientific.

The accelerated growth indicated could be just a few good growing seasons, but we don't know because they took only one sample from one spot instead of various locations near and far of a dead tree they 'claimed' was alive at the time.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I watched it last night too and thought they did a great job on it. The hangar was very strange to me, but it had to be mobile in order for it to be able to drop him off on the road. A type of "mother ship" maybe?

I didn't get a sense of any dishonesty with any of the guys. Their emotions were still very raw while talking about it. It was surprising to me that the sherriff still wanted to know what really happened. I don't believe many of the abduction stories that folks come out with, but this one has always been different for me for some reason. I am one of the ones who believes that they are telling the truth.

Now I need to go make use of the search function on here and see what some of you smarter people have come up with regarding this case. I think it will take some very strong evidence to sway me onto the other side though.

~OkieDokie
edit on 4-10-2012 by OkieDokie because: need more coffee, typos typos typos

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think a scout ship brought him to a mother ship, mother hangars wouldn't do pickups IMO.

Opinions on the wood, people?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

I agree the emotion is still raw and genuine with them.

But, how does a skeptic explain that everyone of them passed a lie detector? The one that refused passed it years later. How is that even possible if these guys pulled a prank?

It's pretty clear to me that Travis witnessed something other-worldly. The fact that five people can collaborate his story makes this one of the most compelling cases for alien visitation.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I watched last night and enjoyed the show. Paranormal Witness frustrates me though. Often, the show has these dramatic recreation scenes but you never hear the "witness" describing them.

For example, in the Travis Walton show, I don't recall once where Travis described the characteristics of the three aliens surrounding him by the operating table. Yes, he said there were three of them, that they were cold and emotionless but nothing about them looking like humanoid reptilians.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

I was not aware that any of the trees had been tested. Can you please share some more info on what you know, or links to the results?

I was also wondering if there was any type of soil testing either then or now. The show said that there were guys there during the search for Travis with geiger counters. They did detect radiation on the helmets that they were wearing that night. I wonder what happaned to the helmets and if anything else could be detected on them with todays technology. Just some initial thoughts.

This movie came out when I was rather young and I have never done more reseach into it as an adult so I seem to have a very busy day ahead of me.

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I for one believe Travis Walton.

He was even here at ATS a couple of years ago to discredit the reality show polygraph he took.

He's a very reasonable sounding man.

I would love to know more about the chair. I wonder if that was a captain's seat and if it could fly the ship etc....

Very odd stuff.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OkieDokie

I was not aware that any of the trees had been tested. Can you please share some more info on what you know, or links to the results?

It was reported afterwards by someone or some people that the trees took a growth spurt after the incident.
They cut a log, determined the time-line for the growth spurt rings were right for the time.
The log cut showed widened rings indicating accelerated growth.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
I for one believe Travis Walton.

He was even here at ATS a couple of years ago to discredit the reality show polygraph he took.

He's a very reasonable sounding man.

I would love to know more about the chair. I wonder if that was a captain's seat and if it could fly the ship etc....

Very odd stuff.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

There was a good thread on the Travis Walton case a few months ago, il go see if i can dig it out. And one poster on that thread knew Travis.
Travis being on ats was mentioned there, i got the impression he wasnt treated very well. Does anyone have a link to that thread?

heres a very detailed thread on the case;
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-10-2012 by thedoctorswife because: add link.

I cant seem to find the posts im referring to, but im certain the poster knew travis, however i may be wrong. Anyway to OP, theres plenty of threads on the subject and an ATS recorded interview with TW.
edit on 4-10-2012 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think that the saucer took him to a mothership in orbit. He said when he came out of the saucer, down the ramp, that he saw many more saucers and that the place was huge. I just don't think it was on earth. I always believed Travis, and after seeing Paranormal Witness, It just concretes everything. This is a real case of abduction. I know it happens 'cause it happened to me.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Travis Walton was a guest on ATSLive, I got the chance to speak to him, VERY nice guy

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
They actually depicted his story accurately unlike the 90's film kudos besides the work with the greys faces not so accurate to his description. Great episode, and they had the whole crew backing up the story this time. That's a first time i seen them come out and talk.Read the book his story is much more profound then the 90's spun version, it's fascinating to know humanoids and greys were working along side eachother. This is the most important part and was left out the 90's film. What does this mean? Are we related to other humanoid ET's in the universe? Were these just hybrid humans? In his book he described them as being muscular blonde nordic types. I always wondered are we just an experiment and a work in progress?

I don't get why people have such a hard time dealing with this being a real case? These men are so genuine in their accounts. There is much conviction and emotion when they talk about it with difficulty. They witnessed a traumatic ordeal that's for sure.
edit on 4-10-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Originally posted by OkieDokie

It was reported afterwards by someone or some people that the trees took a growth spurt after the incident.
They cut a log, determined the time-line for the growth spurt rings were right for the time.
The log cut showed widened rings indicating accelerated growth.

Here is that episode

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Some people say that Travis was a faker because he had a massive interest in sci-fi and ufos etc. Well I love the aforementioned topics and i dont pretend to have weird blokes in my bedroom at night

A big question for me is, if he was faking why did his buddies go along with it.? I mean, it doesnt matter how good a friend someone was to me, and i loved them dearly, i would not feed their fantasy, and certainly wouldnt put myself up for the obvious ridicule that was to come.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think something happened and you could sense it in their tone and the show was better than the movie. Lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join