It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by MrXYZ

what facts are you requesting?

Let me quote George Washington to make clear why your claims are nonsense:

the founding father (singular) is George Washington... the other men you refer to are the authors of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States.

maybe you need a little more knowledge of history? or is it just another tiny fact which you refuse to accept...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
How many of you Athiests celebrate Easter, Christmas and New Years? Because if any of you do, you are hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

what facts are you requesting?

Let me quote George Washington to make clear why your claims are nonsense:

the founding father (singular) is George Washington... the other men you refer to are the authors of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States.

maybe you need a little more knowledge of history? or is it just another tiny fact which you refuse to accept...

Wrong again.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
How many of you Athiests celebrate Easter, Christmas and New Years? Because if any of you do, you are hypocrites.

We still get a day off and in my case I simply take it as an opportunity to spend time with family (I live abroad). Zero religious stuff, just time off with family. Thank you for giving us a national holiday

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by SisyphusRide

Again, do you understand the difference between someone like Washington having a personal belief and someone presenting credible evidence?

I guess the historical fact which I have posted for you is not evidence enough?

you must be like on of the truthers and think all of history has been altered and none of it is real...

I think you are exposed for what you are... George Washington the sole founding father believed in Jesus Christ, his faith is not in question here.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

We still get a day off and in my case I simply take it as an opportunity to spend time with family (I live abroad). Zero religious stuff, just time off with family. Thank you for giving us a national holiday

But if religion wasn't a factor in everyones life you wuldn't get thse holidays. You would be slaving all year round

edit on 21-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

link   

Again, do you understand the difference between someone like Washington having a personal belief and someone presenting credible evidence?

I guess the historical fact which I have posted for you is not evidence enough?

you must be like on of the truthers and think all of history has been altered and none of it is real...

I think you are exposed for what you are... George Washington the sole founding father believed in Jesus Christ, his faith is not in question here.

Click the link above to realise why you are comically wrong

And it isn't about the faith of the founding fathers, it's about whether or not they wanted the US to be build on religion...and that's clearly NOT the case. Again, the US isn't a theocracy and was never meant to be one...and that's a FACT! Go to Saudi Arabia if you want a theocracy

link   

my pleasure

now admit George Washington was a Christian!

I just have to hear it and see you eat your own words

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Whats that, a national holy day?

LINK

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't see any of the Authors of Independence in that fresco inside the Capital Dome...

founding father = George Washington

authors of independence = the authors of liberty (authors)
edit on 21-10-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

When you celebrate new years at the end of the year, make sure you look up and thank Sirius for that public holiday

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

my pleasure

Again, it doesn't matter because he was clearly for religious tolerance and didn't want religion to be forced upon the nation

Did you ever read the constitution?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

my pleasure

Again, it doesn't matter because he was clearly for religious tolerance and didn't want religion to be forced upon the nation

Did you ever read the constitution?

sure... it doesn't negate the fact that the founding father... the father of the nation was a Christian.

George was free to practice any belief he wished as the constitution grants. What it does not grant is religious intolerance (such as atheism)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
now both your eyes are black and blue...

better to exit gracefully from the conversation and let others practice what they wish, afterall atheist are violating freedoms granted by the Constitution.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Atheists aren't intolerant

Tell me, are atheists telling people how to live their lives? Are they coming into your church and forbid you from practicing your religion? Do they tell you who you can have sex with? Do they tell you whether or not you can have a baby? How do they restrict your freedoms?

I think you're projecting here, because it's often religious people who want to FORCE others to follow their beliefs.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

now both your eyes are black...

better to exit gracefully from the conversation and let other practice what they wish, afterall atheist are violating freedoms granted by the Constitution.

And another ad hominem attach sprinkled with some lies

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

now both your eyes are black...

better to exit gracefully from the conversation and let other practice what they wish, afterall atheist are violating freedoms granted by the Constitution.

And another ad hominem attach sprinkled with some lies

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

you must be thinking freedom FROM religion?

it is worded as freedom OF religion...

I will let you do the research and find the text, it's a better way to educate ones self.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
atheist = Dictator

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

Read this, then read it again...and once you're done...read it again! Why? Because it makes it abundantly clear that no religion should be used as the basis for government

PS: Read it once more, just to be safe

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

atheist = Dictator

And another ad hominem attack and lie...wow, you're on a roll

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join