It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then atheists???

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Do yourself a favor and open a biology book, it's hard to take you seriously

Shall I go read survival of the fittest?
"On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life"
Sounds like you wouldnt be a favoured race, sounds like your pacifism would be worth squat. According to Darwin you would be no more a thought in nature with that attitude

You are a parody of all nonsense's played out in one argument.
Science, biology teaches right is might. You are weak and irrelevant with that cuddly nonsense.

Ahh your joking of course, this is sarcasm. I see it now.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

But that's the point, isn't it? It's no longer about survival. If we're surviving anything, it's ourselves. Survival is no longer relevant - now, the game is COEXISTENCE. But considering our proficiency at getting along with each other, I can't say I'm too optimistic about our coexisting with the rest of what the world has to offer...how many species go extinct every day? How many species are added to the endangered list every week? How many forests and habitats cease to exist with every month that passes?

Survival isn't our game anymore. Coexistence is. And pretty soon, it'll just be dominance. Not fighting to live, not fighting to get along...fighting to rule, period. Fighting to be king. Survivalism without compassion. Coexistence without humility. Soon, we'll be fighting to stand at the top, hands propped on hips with our brother's severed head beneath our boot. And what for?

So we feel we have finally triumphed. And that's all it is. What form does our victory take? Our vanity and greed constantly gives victory a new face, so we're forever fighting to win. And it will only stop when we look in a mirror and realize the only enemy or friend we have left is ourself. And at that point, dying becomes easier than living. And you wonder why I don't like this world? Because I know that if we continue to worship gold, if we continue to pray to a deity that we invented as an insurance policy because we're afraid of what we might do, if we continue to judge our fellow men more than we help them, we will eventually find ourselves dying because it's easier than living.

Death already comes to us just as easily as life - and we've accepted that. We've accepted the inevitability of death so completely, that we no longer question how it happens. We've decided that some forms of death are even DESIRABLE. I keep pointing out the sickness, our sickness, our disease...and no one listens. Everyone is chugging blue pills faster than they can think, because they are desperate to cling to the simplicity of tradition. They fear the uncertainty of change. That's how much confidence we have in our abilities - we're terrified of what the future might hold, of what we've done to the world that is to be. "The demon you know is better than the devil you don't."

If all of these things aren't symptoms of the road we're on, of the waterfall just around the bend, then I don't know what is.
edit on 22-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Do yourself a favor and open a biology book, it's hard to take you seriously

"On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life"
Sounds like you wouldnt be a favoured race, sounds like your pacifism would be worth squat. According to Darwin you would be no more a thought in nature with that attitude

You are a parody of all nonsense's played out in one argument.
Science, biology teaches right is might. You are weak and irrelevant with that cuddly nonsense.

Ahh your joking of course, this is sarcasm. I see it now.

I didn't say you should read a biology book from 150 years ago. You might not know this, but scientists found toooooooooons of evidence for evolution since then. Hell, they are actively applying the theory in modern medicine for crying out loud. If the theory was wrong we wouldn't even have those meds.

Stop living in the 19th century and join us in the 21st

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I didn't say you should read a biology book from 150 years ago. You might not know this, but scientists found toooooooooons of evidence for evolution since then. Hell, they are actively applying the theory in modern medicine for crying out loud. If the theory was wrong we wouldn't even have those meds.

Stop living in the 19th century and join us in the 21st

Well stop basing science and your modern faith on 150 year old science

Its a bit like the geological time scale, more outdated science you evolutionist atheist fundys rely on

Darwin book is still considered the pinnacle of evolutionist thought

They are not applying evolution to modern medicine, they genetically alter DNA. Thats man made evolution, thats intelligent design

Medicine is a strawman,

Toooooons of evidence, what like, transitional fossils

See, I can argue with stupid laughing faces as well

Outdated science, go tell evolutionists Darwin is outdated

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

But that's the point, isn't it? It's no longer about survival. If we're surviving anything, it's ourselves. Survival is no longer relevant - now, the game is COEXISTENCE. But considering our proficiency at getting along with each other, I can't say I'm too optimistic about our coexisting with the rest of what the world has to offer...how many species go extinct every day? How many species are added to the endangered list every week? How many forests and habitats cease to exist with every month that passes?

Survival isn't our game anymore. Coexistence is. And pretty soon, it'll just be dominance. Not fighting to live, not fighting to get along...fighting to rule, period. Fighting to be king. Survivalism without compassion. Coexistence without humility. Soon, we'll be fighting to stand at the top, hands propped on hips with our brother's severed head beneath our boot. And what for?

So we feel we have finally triumphed. And that's all it is. What form does our victory take? Our vanity and greed constantly gives victory a new face, so we're forever fighting to win. And it will only stop when we look in a mirror and realize the only enemy or friend we have left is ourself. And at that point, dying becomes easier than living. And you wonder why I don't like this world? Because I know that if we continue to worship gold, if we continue to pray to a deity that we invented as an insurance policy because we're afraid of what we might do, if we continue to judge our fellow men more than we help them, we will eventually find ourselves dying because it's easier than living.

Death already comes to us just as easily as life - and we've accepted that. We've accepted the inevitability of death so completely, that we no longer question how it happens. We've decided that some forms of death are even DESIRABLE. I keep pointing out the sickness, our sickness, our disease...and no one listens. Everyone is chugging blue pills faster than they can think, because they are desperate to cling to the simplicity of tradition. They fear the uncertainty of change. That's how much confidence we have in our abilities - we're terrified of what the future might hold, of what we've done to the world that is to be. "The demon you know is better than the devil you don't."

If all of these things aren't symptoms of the road we're on, of the waterfall just around the bend, then I don't know what is.

You tell me outside of the Western world, if it still isnt survival of the fittest in many cultures.
Not everyone lives the way you do, doesnt look like the US will live the way it has for much longer, seemingly.
People are starving to death Open your eyes

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I love how the arguments between theists and atheists have brought out behavioral patterns that they are vehemently declaring each other to be guilty of. Can the irony be any thicker in this section of the ATS forum?

Now, if I were to be asked, I would say that the BIGGEST irony is that it's taking place in a thread on hypocrisy...can you taste the 'Fe' in the air?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Darwin book is still considered the pinnacle of evolutionist thought

FALSE

They are not applying evolution to modern medicine, they genetically alter DNA. Thats man made evolution, thats intelligent design

I'm not talking about altering DNA...I'm talking about creating vaccines and other meds. So once again, you are talking NONSENSE.

Medicine is a strawman

Actually, that "strawman" saved my life when I had meningitis...and if the theory of evolution was wrong they wouldn't have had the meds that saved my life. In short: stop talking out of your ass

Toooooons of evidence, what like, transitional fossils

Like I said...open a biology book. Or retake basic high school biology classes

See, I can argue with stupid laughing faces as well

Now take it a step further and actually back up your claims with objective evidence instead of trying to dumb us down

Outdated science, go tell evolutionists Darwin is outdated

Darwin lived 150 years ago...you might not believe this, but science made progress since then. I know, hard to believe

I feel like I'm talking to a 5 year old...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Still the laughing faces and not a drop of substance

I expected no more than opinion.

Thats not good enough here.
Thanks anyway
Goodluck at school today

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I love how the arguments between theists and atheists have brought out behavioral patterns that they are vehemently declaring each other to be guilty of. Can the irony be any thicker in this section of the ATS forum?

Now, if I were to be asked, I would say that the BIGGEST irony is that it's taking place in a thread on hypocrisy...can you taste the 'Fe' in the air?

I am not arguing that Christianity is anything more than a faith.
I am certainly not arguing that Christians are good and or are better than atheists.

and the title, the thread, posed a question, it didnt make a statement.

The irony is the thread this thread was mirrored off, (Are there bigger HYPOCRITES on this planet then christians???),it had maybe 1 or 2 pages, this thread many more.
Isnt it funny how precious some atheists seem to be.
Thats irony

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Still the laughing faces and not a drop of substance

I expected no more than opinion.

Thats not good enough here.
Thanks anyway
Goodluck at school today

I don't think you realise the irony in your post

Your entire thread is one big ad hominem attack

edit on 23-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Can I ask which camp you fall into?

It always seems a little too easy to sit on the fence and point out perceived flaws in others arguments.

I quite often see theists in their ignorance accuse atheists of taking things on faith etc, but I'm struggling to spot the converse here.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I'm not aiming it at any camp in particular, I'm pointing out how both sides are being vicious, immature, rhetorical, and generally all kinds of silly in the midst of pointing out how immature, rhetorical, and silly the other side is.

It doesn't matter how or why. It still is. And I find it highly amusing - you're more concerned with fingering culprits and laying blame, than you are concerned with finding a common cause with which to fight for the world.

Neither of you is doing much good here. Two soldiers arguing over who has the better army, oblivious to the nuclear bomb falling toward them. If you don't shut up and find a way to work together, you'll both die - metaphorically, of course. Is that clear enough?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

You may ask, although my answer probably won't give you too much to work with. My views aren't partial enough to place me in either camp. I'm closer to theist, with the exception of one critical factor: I don't use the term "god" quite so frivolously as many of the users in this thread seem to. I don't call Source a "god" in any modern form of the word. In fact, I have yet to see a satisfactory use of the word "god", outside of archaic verbiage.

The closest I come is "theosophist". This blends the analytical and empirical nature of atheism with the imagination of theism. Our knowledge is only limited by the possibilities we are willing to explore.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I'm not aiming it at any camp in particular, I'm pointing out how both sides are being vicious, immature, rhetorical, and generally all kinds of silly in the midst of pointing out how immature, rhetorical, and silly the other side is.

It doesn't matter how or why. It still is. And I find it highly amusing - you're more concerned with fingering culprits and laying blame, than you are concerned with finding a common cause with which to fight for the world.

Neither of you is doing much good here. Two soldiers arguing over who has the better army, oblivious to the nuclear bomb falling toward them. If you don't shut up and find a way to work together, you'll both die - metaphorically, of course. Is that clear enough?

There is no common cause or will be and the argument is not over whos better, its over neither is any better. Thats the whole premise, its not a fight for the world. Its not my fight.
Its simply stating the pious atheists are no better than the pious Christians they attack.

Atheism is becoming a religion with their own values based on their own piousness.
Not an atheist I know in the real world argues like these atheists. Their dogma is as bad as a fundamentalists Christians.

How can they not see it?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

You may ask, although my answer probably won't give you too much to work with. My views aren't partial enough to place me in either camp.

When asked the question "do you believe in god?" do you answer:

Yes

or

No

It's that simple...

edit on 24-10-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Yes

or

No

It's that simple...

No one can even agree on what a god is, let alone whether there is one. Do I believe in your god? No. Do I believe in any god? No. Do I believe there is something that can be misconstrued as being a god? Yes. Your perceptions, along with many others, are prime examples of the type of simple-minded narrowness I don't generally allow myself to fall into. Hence, my answer: none of the above.

I believe in a very particular law of nature that is genius in its simplicity, and awe-inspiring in its influence. It's that simple.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

You may ask, although my answer probably won't give you too much to work with. My views aren't partial enough to place me in either camp.

Yes

or

No

It's that simple...

edit on 24-10-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

I ask, "Which one?"

Then I say, "No"

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Do I believe in your god? No. Do I believe in any god? No.

Congratulations

You're an atheist

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Atheism is a very broad term, and I'm inclined to reject it here and now. Here's why:

Atheism says that I do not believe in "God", which is implied as entailing that I do not believe in any form of higher power. This is a sorely mistaken assumption. I believe in a source of all things, a law that binds everything we know and even has levels of which we are unaware at this time.

I don't call it a god. If that makes me atheist, then so be it - but I must say, 'atheist' seems to have more than one definition, considering most atheists I know don't share my views. So which is it? I'm not atheist, I'm theosophist. I study the relationship between divinity, humanity, and the universe, but that doesn't mean I believe in your "God", and that doesn't mean I don't believe there is a divinity. It means I intend to find out, and that I have already discarded your "God" by process of elimination. It wasn't hard, really.

So next time you want to slap a label on me in an attempt to judge who I am, try understanding where I come from first.

edit on 27-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I think people spend too much time on the importance of the word and ignore the statement.

I do not believe in ANY God or higher power or overall order that controls the universe.

I used to think as my Catholic parents did and as I experienced the world, I came to change my mind and thought that if there was a God, he just created us and then let us do our thing with free will. The longer I lived, the more I thought about it and the less evidence I saw in a god or force that controls things. To me, God is what people use as an excuse to stop looking for answers or to explain things that they just can't comprehend.

The difference between Atheists and Religious folk is that religious folks can seek absolution for their "sins" and be forgiven. Atheists have no excuse other than themselves for bad things that they do and they have to live with that. Absolution, to me, is one of the most hypocritical things a religion can give.

My morals come from wanting others to treat me with respect and kindness. Morality is a survival mechanism that helps people adapt to others. It's not survival of the fittest, but survival of the most adaptable. If you treat people badly for long enough, you'll notice that chances of your survival are lowered drastically than people who try to get along with others. You'll have that rare nail that sticks up trying to give people a bad time, but they eventually get hammered down.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join