It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution Now Dead. 30 Papers Suggest DNA is Encoded Intelligently

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Daemonicon

...Have you not noticed how Swine Flu in the 70s was announced and immediately there was a vaccine they wanted to give you . Nobody fell for it . There has been an effort to find or create the next pandemic . Could this be the NWO population reduction scheme ?

I guess you are unfamiliar with the Spanish Flu... -facepalm-

The 1918 flu pandemic (the "Spanish flu") was an influenza pandemic. It was an unusually deadly and severe pandemic that spread across the world. Historical and epidemiological data are inadequate to identify the geographic origin.[1] Most victims were healthy young adults, in contrast to most influenza outbreaks, which predominantly affect juvenile, elderly, or weakened patients. The flu pandemic was implicated in the outbreak of encephalitis lethargica in the 1920s.[2]

1918 Spanish Flu AKA:

Avian (A/H5N1 subtype) Canine Equine Swine (A/H1N1 subtype)

Avian - Bird
Canine - Dog
Equine - Horse
Swine - Pig

en.wikipedia.org...

History class for the win?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This whole farce is either an experiment or a game and we are just pieces on "the board". I think the "developer" tweaks things as we move along the timeline but otherwise is mostly an observer.

I, too, was blind to the order of the cosmos. Illness opened my eyes. I learned that nothing is certain.

If you don't believe in intelligent design at least keep an open mind. You may be surprised down the road.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't guess you classify virus mutations as evolution . Nor do you deduce that the Dutch engineering the Avian Flu to be more transmissible to be evolution . Why were they doing that in competition with other labs ? Whats to gain ?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
there is evolution going on every day, when is the last time you used your tonsils?...and for what purpose?....what is the purpose of the human skin having a light covering of hair? and for what purpose? why is there different races on the earth if we are all human? why is there such a difference in white nordic caucasians, as opposed to arctic asians, who both live in exactly the same type of climates?
edit on 2-10-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

Just because we don't fully understand their purpose does not mean that they are completely useless.
Case in point, so called "Junk DNA". Some day, some enterprising scientist will no doubt discover that these parts perform a function that benefits us, even if we could live without it.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If Evolution and so much CHANCE is possible, in our Galaxy alone, you can bet a creator would be 1000x's more possible. To scientists, chance is SO COMMON that they're searching for life outside of our "lucky" planet. Look at what humans can do. I'm communicating with you guys using letters and two fingers, on a 5 inch long, 2/4 inch thick computer. 50 years ago, that could only be imagination, but we MADE it. Maybe in 100 years we'll have CREATED fictional characters like the Tooth Fairy, a micro robot that collects teeth. Maybe Santa Clause, a robot that delivers your Christmas gifts overnight. In all honesty, through how far we've advanced in our history, I don't question a creator, cause we ourselves are creators, and all we are are mere specks in this Universe.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

RNA strand is formed from basic chemicals.. like Carbon, Oxygen, Hydrogen... This is the theory of Abiogenesis, which is totally different from Evolution and has much less support, and i'm not here to argue whether i trust in Theory of Abiogensis.

Evolution is alive and well, up to this very nanosec.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Hey that's cool, who knows, we were created, that could also be a theory, or we could have been seeded here, that could also be one... but once people started saying magical man that watches us, and punishes if you don't believe him etc etc, well thats when one passes the line from logical discussion to retardedness.

To me "God" is a fill in the blank.

But why is this being discussed against Evolution? Evolution talks about a life already existed, evolving, not how it came to be.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Allow me to ramble for a bit, this may be confused.

I don't think I've ever cared about the evolution debate. I accept the belief that God created humans. How? I don't know, and His method doesn't bother me very much.

While I love science, and reason and measurements, etc., just looking at it's history tells me not to put too much faith in it. It attacks your opponent's belief one day, and attacks yours the next.

I may not be a thoughtful, prepared, Christian, but the basis of my belief lies elsewhere, and I don't really care which position is ahead at the moment.

What is the point of this discussion? Even if evolution is untrue then the bible will still be untrue since it is not a correct description from the side of god that knows everything about what reallyhappened and only a human created book based on ego/mind perception of things that happened that are probably very exagarated and biased towards the tellers of the stories. Even if the book is spiritually inspired it is still not a perfect guide because if it was heaven would already be here because we would all already have evolved to be like Jesus. I do not say the bible cannot help a person understand higher ideals if you lose egomind but there is easier books that do not force you to question everything that is written in it on a duality/nonduality scale. To make an anology why use a wooden hammer when you can use a steal hammer to build something.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You're correct, but Evolution discusses how we came to be from something already living. That is why I brought up my point.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by morsomnibustyrannus
If there were a god he would have had to do alot of work to trick us like this, but why would he? if a god was all loving, would he let children be raped? if god was all knowing he would know there are people suffering. if god is omnipotent he could give everybody what they want at all times, why wouldn't he?

I agree with that god is loving and teaching. It is omnipotent and knows everything. Now forget everything you have ever been taught from the bible or any other human religions including the religion of science and use your mind that you have been given.

And reason out what kind of conciousness is omnipotent and know everything that is to know and have awarness of everything? There is one answer to this question that will in an abstract way explain everything even if it is for a human mind sometimes hard to accept in our current state. ¨

After you have that answer and finally understand the definition/reality of god then read Matthew 25:31-46. New International Version (NIV) The Sheep and the Goats.

It is a very different read when you got the definitions right and the understanding of what Jesus is saying is so clear. Jesus is good at hidding information in plain sight for the people who are not ready to accept the truth.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Elo-Heim is aliens dawg, end of discussion.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

We are here to learn something. That is why life isn't perfect or even happy sometimes. We get sick and we suffer in various ways. But usually we learn something, even though we may not always realize it. Speaking as one who should have gotten the extended warranty coverage on my body, I can say with certainty, I have learned some things along the way. Having a perfect life teaches us nothing. Having trials always teaches something...

Rest assured this is the way it is supposed to be...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrishJihad
I love it when people say "You need more proof?" Then they proceed to post Bible verses. Here's a hint. The Bible is not proof of ANYTHING. Except maybe that our ancestors had great imaginations. I am agnostc. There is no way to prove or disprove "God"

Depends on what you mean for proof. If you get altered states of conciousness that you never had before and you learn that you body is not working in the way you are used too is that proof of something more. You can never be sure that you are not manipulated by a higher conciousness. But I do not really understand why they would care to manipulate. Do you ever teach animals things that are untrue just to see what they do with the knowledge?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
DNA can change if exposed to certain things for long enough. Environment, like the way sun exposure probably changed human skin colors. Isn't that what evolution really is? Not some miracle, just a very real reaction to environmental stimuli.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

You should read "The Electric Ant" by Phil Dick, it might expand your way of thinking on this topic.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I was totaly with you until you gave the conditioned answer Jesus Christ and started saying the same duality divide and conqurer mindset that satan in the bible is so famous for. I agree that Christ conciousness (that is the Christian label for the loss of small mind and ego) is the way and Jesus is a good teacher to get there but Jesus is not the only teacher. Saying that is from my point of view neglecting and denying all the people god have sent here to help that are as one with Jesus and is if you really think hard saying the same thing.

Please do not judge what you do not know. Let god sort it out.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
Here is a link to ENCODE Project where the information can be found: ENCODE PROJECT

Link to Papers / Journal of Nature

A Creator is becoming impossible to deny. As John 1 states, we are created with WORD.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

edit on 1-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

“Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!”

Ask your god why then, does the human body fail? Why do we break, get cancer, disease, grow old, weak, senile, and die?

So much for your god and his creation. Doesn't even last 100 years most of the time. I'd get a refund.

read the bible the answer is in there. in the beginning we were made to live forever. when our body dies we go 1 of 2 places heaven or hell dependant on the choice we choose down here, life or death. the answer to your question is the fall of man.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
reply to post by apushforenlightment

You should read "The Electric Ant" by Phil Dick, it might expand your way of thinking on this topic.

Hihihi. I read the summary on wikipedia. I kinda have read about the concept already from other sources and have thought about it probably to much. I have my own answer to frankly everything but I will not stop question that answer and trying to validate my ideas/mind/thoughts to the best of my capabilities. Maybe beliving in synchronicity creates synchronicity? And maybe if you push that argument that you will belive in synchronicity, will create the synchronicity, that will make you belive in synchronicity.

Frankly even only reading the summary could probably to the right student even be very enlightning if read at the right moment

Thanks for that suggestion.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Yet the papers clearly indicate intelligence behind the encoding.

Lets just say the papers are correct, and there is intelligence behind the encoding.
Which i personally believe will be proven true beyond a shadow of doubt at some point.

In willing to concede that as fact:
it is still in NO WAY proof that the Abrahamic god is the creator of the world or that the bible is the word of god.
Nor does it ultimately disprove evolution.
It may disprove certain interpretations about DNA in regards to the theory, but in no way does it disprove the theory.

What is it that we want to find? Do we want to find actual TRUTH, or do we want to back up our beliefs about truth?

Finding the Truth is like tracking an elusive animal, each FACT we get shows where the real trail is, in which direction we should turn, its a STEP in the correct direction. Just because said "animal" was headed east at one point doesnt mean thats where he actually went.

~~Albiet a simplistic metaphor.
Lets follow the FACTS, each one is a step towards the TRUTH.

My point being >>> If DNA is in fact intelligently encoded/designed >> lets not obfuscate it with opinions, pointed towards the commonly held theory of evolution, or towards intelligent design.

Lets follow the #ing tracks! Lets do it scientifically, after all if the world/universe was intelligently designed than LAWS of Nature will line up completely with the creator, they will be HIS laws.
And at the end of the day when that elusive animal is found, even if on top of the mountain in that little cave, where you always believed it was, Than you can say I KNEW IT!!! We can all exchange high fives, we will concede you were right.

But until we FIND the truth, Lets stay on the trail and stick to facts instead of it becoming a damn pissing match, and leading us further and further away until the trail gets cold.

IMO~ There is a purpose designed into our DNA our being, there is something more we can become.. Did we start out as a thought, or little amoebas, or as fully developed homo sapiens, are we apes that were genetically modified.

I DONT KNOW!!
I would really like to find out tho

You have beliefs, I have beliefs, Everyone does
Facts are facts, beliefs are not, may your belief prove to be the TRUTH .. .maybe, maybe not... Lets wait till we actually find out at the end, Then we can award points.

One step at a time!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by boncho

I don't guess you classify virus mutations as evolution . Nor do you deduce that the Dutch engineering the Avian Flu to be more transmissible to be evolution . Why were they doing that in competition with other labs ? Whats to gain ?

What does that have to do with a flu that is from the early 1900's or natural evolution that takes place in the wild?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join