It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution Now Dead. 30 Papers Suggest DNA is Encoded Intelligently

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

It just goes to show you that unless someone spells it out for you, you don't have the ability to understand whats going on.

Read the article again

It states that some (but not all) of the people with ADHD have a common genetic trait. Apart from the fact that it's apparently not all of them, how on earth is that proof that we're not from this planet? Genetic diseases have existed forever, not just in humans.

The term target food might be a made up term but the observation isn't.

Well fine then, creationism and the ancient alien theory requires pixie dust! And since we can't find any, both those hypotheses are wrong. Why do they require pixie dust? Because I made it up and say so...no proof required.

Do you see why this is beyond ridiculous? I really hope so, because only a dumb person wouldn't get that a made up word with a made up definition and the random claim that it's a prerequisite for evolution is a DUMB argument. You can't be that dumb, no one can be that dumb!!

As I have already proven, the bible is listed as a historical document. If it were a fairy tale, it wouldn't be.

Of course it's a historical document, just like the Koran and other religious scriptures. But it's only evidence for what people believed to be true back then based on their limited knowledge. It doesn't mean everything in the bible (or Koran) is automatically true....especially if we know for a FACT that tons of it is complete and utter nonsense, like global floods or people living inside whales.

By the way, the events in the bible have already been explained to you, as supernaturl events. The definition of the term supernatural has also been explained to you. Supernatural things are not bound to the elements of science.

You really don't get the importance of objective evidence do you?

You can't just say "I know it's completely impossible...but thanks to magic it is possible"

It is YOU that chooses to ignore that and crack jokes that its magic so no explanation is needed, yet I don't see you being able to disprove any of it either.

There is nothing to disprove because nothing you posted is anywhere near objective evidence...you are creating your own crazy fairytales and try to sell them off as truth. That's insanity, bat# crazy nonsense that makes me worry about the education system

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Can I just warn you with a quote from the matrix

You have been down that road neo, you know where it leads.

Man you are being been bugged and yes, that thing is real. My advice is dont go down this rabbit hole again as it is only full of rabbit $hit. Step away for sanity's sake.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
reply to post by MrXYZ

Can I just warn you with a quote from the matrix

You have been down that road neo, you know where it leads.

Man you are being been bugged and yes, that thing is real. My advice is dont go down this rabbit hole again as it is only full of rabbit $hit. Step away for sanity's sake.

In other words:

Don't worry, not posting it for tooth (he made it abundantly clear that his mini-religion prevents him from thinking logically/rationally), I'm doing this for other readers so they don't get fooled by this snake oil salesman

Like I said, it should be abundantly clear for even a really dumb person that arguing with a made up word is beyond laughable

Every time tooth posts I have to think of this picture:

edit on 22-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

By the way, the events in the bible have already been explained to you, as supernaturl events. The definition of the term supernatural has also been explained to you. Supernatural things are not bound to the elements of science.

"Supernatural events" are events that occur according to laws that we haven't discovered and are unable to recreate because we don't know what they were to begin with. However, that doesn't explain how I can take your "God" and tear him a dozen new rectal cavities using only a handful of basic principles that are commonly assumed to be true about him these days.

If we take him to be omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent, then already he's dug himself a hole so deep only we can get him out. And we won't, because we refuse to call his bluff - or ours, rather. He's nothing but a skeleton in the well, and we're still waiting for him to crawl out and go, "Ta-da! Now who's ready to serve me?"

Your fiction is more comforting than the truth, and you'd prefer not to have to backtrack all the way to the fork in the road just so you can get to a place that you're not sure will provide the same comfy bed and feather pillows you're used to. That's okay, it's not in the human nature to find Nirvana easily.

But for the love of Source, man, at least TRY!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It states that some (but not all) of the people with ADHD have a common genetic trait. Apart from the fact that it's apparently not all of them, how on earth is that proof that we're not from this planet? Genetic diseases have existed forever, not just in humans.
I have no idea what any of this has to do with humans not being from earth. ADHD is caused from the introduction of lead into ones system. While not all people are showing the genetics, it is possible that those people simply had it coming from parents to begin with, where as the others were introduced after the fact.

Well fine then, creationism and the ancient alien theory requires pixie dust! And since we can't find any, both those hypotheses are wrong. Why do they require pixie dust? Because I made it up and say so...no proof required.
There is never mention of pixi dust in all of the historical documents that we have that speak of supernatural events. It would seriously help if you aclimated yourself to the understanding that humans don't know everything, and surely can't prove that they do. However you must believe that are all, we know all, and we can do all, which is false and can't be proven.

Do you see why this is beyond ridiculous? I really hope so, because only a dumb person wouldn't get that a made up word with a made up definition and the random claim that it's a prerequisite for evolution is a DUMB argument. You can't be that dumb, no one can be that dumb!!
Turnarund if fair play, your evolution fails to explain how it is that all life appears to be encoded with specific directions on knowing not ony what is food, but what isn't, in addition to knowing which is the proper food.

Assuming this is all random, has already been proven false. You have to be dumb to believe that all species experiement on what it is they want to eat, when I have already proven that all species are known not only for eating the exact same things, but also knowing what is best for them. With the exception of them being removed from their element or extinctions removing their food. You have to be dumb to not see there is more to the piciture here. You also have to be dumb to belive that the perfect food for some species also appears to just so happen to be here from magic.

Of course it's a historical document, just like the Koran and other religious scriptures. But it's only evidence for what people believed to be true back then based on their limited knowledge. It doesn't mean everything in the bible (or Koran) is automatically true....especially if we know for a FACT that tons of it is complete and utter nonsense, like global floods or people living inside whales.
How do you know this planet hasn't been flooded? There is a hell of a lot of water on this planet. How do you know people can't live inside whales with the help of supernatural powers? You don't, your assuming, just like how you assume evolution put us all here.

You can't just say "I know it's completely impossible...but thanks to magic it is possible
You can't just rule it out especially when there is documentation claiming it has happened.

There is nothing to disprove because nothing you posted is anywhere near objective evidence...you are creating your own crazy fairytales and try to sell them off as truth. That's insanity, bat# crazy nonsense that makes me worry about the education system
Supernatural elements are not privy to objective evidence, as you seem to keep missing regular science can't make decisions in this arena. Your a caveman living in yesteryear and your mentality proves it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

"Supernatural events" are events that occur according to laws that we haven't discovered and are unable to recreate because we don't know what they were to begin with. However, that doesn't explain how I can take your "God" and tear him a dozen new rectal cavities using only a handful of basic principles that are commonly assumed to be true about him these days.

If we take him to be omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent, then already he's dug himself a hole so deep only we can get him out. And we won't, because we refuse to call his bluff - or ours, rather. He's nothing but a skeleton in the well, and we're still waiting for him to crawl out and go, "Ta-da! Now who's ready to serve me?"

Your fiction is more comforting than the truth, and you'd prefer not to have to backtrack all the way to the fork in the road just so you can get to a place that you're not sure will provide the same comfy bed and feather pillows you're used to. That's okay, it's not in the human nature to find Nirvana easily.

But for the love of Source, man, at least TRY!!!
If crazy hard to believe things were happening to me, I would probably write a book, hey they did, its called the bible.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I have no idea what any of this has to do with humans not being from earth. ADHD is caused from the introduction of lead into ones system. While not all people are showing the genetics, it is possible that those people simply had it coming from parents to begin with, where as the others were introduced after the fact.

You should really actually read those studies you link instead of merely scanning the headline

Lead MIGHT be one of the causes, but clearly it isn't the only cause even if it is a cause. Fact (!!) is scientists aren't clear what causes ADHD yet, they have several hypothesis, and they know that it comes along with genetic changes in SOME patients...but they aren't supporting the claims you make. That of course makes your entire argument laughable and just shows how little you understand when it comes to science.

There is never mention of pixi dust in all of the historical documents...

And neither is "target food" mentioned anywhere because YOU MADE IT UP...just like I made up pixie dust. Thanks for proving my point

Turnarund if fair play, your evolution fails to explain how it is that all life appears to be encoded with specific directions on knowing not ony what is food, but what isn't, in addition to knowing which is the proper food.

Of course scientist can explain it...because as EVOLUTION explains everything evolves alongside its food source.

Funny how after all these threads you STILL don't even get the theory you're attacking

You have to be dumb to believe that all species experiement on what it is they want to eat...

My cat does it all the time, to the point where I have to be careful what I leave laying around. It once started liking a hot pepper with some sour cream on it...and once that cream was done it promptly started chewing on the pepper itself. Clearly that's not cat food, yet it still made that stupid mistake. I can promise you, it won't make the same mistake again...never saw a cat drink so much water in my life

In short, stop talking nonsense

You also have to be dumb to belive that the perfect food for some species also appears to just so happen to be here from magic.

Again, read up on the theory of evolution because it explains this perfectly! Of course species are to be found around their food source...because guess what, without that food source those species wouldn't be able to eat the food they ADAPTED to.

How do you know this planet hasn't been flooded? There is a hell of a lot of water on this planet.

Because:

1) There isn't enough water on the planet.
2) There is ZERO geological evidence for it...and an event of that magnitude would leave evidence behind.
3) We wouldn't have today's biodiversity if that happend 10k years ago...or 100k years ago...or even 200k years ago.
4) It's PHYSICALLY not possible.

In short, we know for a FACT a global flood never happened...even when the planet formed and large parts were submerged it still was never fully submerged...especially not 10k years ago.

How do you know people can't live inside whales with the help of supernatural powers?

Because:

1) It would kill humans.
2) Humans don't fit through the throat of whales unless their midgets...and again, it would kill midgets.
3) Even if you could get swallowed, you'd end up in its stomach...and guess what's there...ACID! Dip your and into acid to realise how STUPID your claims are.
4) Pressure would instantly kill you once the whale dives...and they ALL dive numerous times per day to eat.

And no, saying "let's just pretend magic made it possible" isn't an answer! Why not? Because if you claim that, you can basically say EVERYTHING'S possible...which is complete and utter nonsense. It's like me saying "pigs can fly"...and when you start laughing at me I respond with "magic makes it possible". Please stop making clownish statements.

You can't just rule it out especially when there is documentation claiming it has happened.

That documentation isn't objective evidence, especially since we know there are HUNDREDS of cases where that documentation is 100% scientifically wrong. Ancient texts are only proof of what people believed to be true back then based on their limited knowledge...or whatever those in power back then wanted people to believe. I'd like to think we don't have to base our knowledge on 2000 year old texts, because they also spoke about gods with elephant heads and other nonsense. Also, how do you explain all those scriptures that completely go agains the bible...they are just as "valid" as the bible. The problem is, you grew up in a Christian nation, so you were brainwashed that way. If you had grown up in Saudi, you'd believe in Islam

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I can't believe I'm having a discussion with someone claiming people can live inside whales...it's like having to tell a 6 year old that Santa doesn't exist

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

"Supernatural events" are events that occur according to laws that we haven't discovered and are unable to recreate because we don't know what they were to begin with.
To be honest I cannot think of one supernatural event that can be proven to have ever happened so the correct phrase should have been 'claimed supernatural events'.

You have to be very clear when talking to some people as their grasp on english is poor at best. Good luck. I've been where you are going and its a long boring grind to nowhere.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
I can't believe I'm having a discussion with someone claiming people can live inside whales...it's like having to tell a 6 year old that Santa doesn't exist
Most 6 year olds know that Santa does not exist. They keep the story going because to them it looks like their parents dont know.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
My cat does it all the time, to the point where I have to be careful what I leave laying around. It once started liking a hot pepper with some sour cream on it...and once that cream was done it promptly started chewing on the pepper itself. Clearly that's not cat food, yet it still made that stupid mistake. I can promise you, it won't make the same mistake again...never saw a cat drink so much water in my life

My cat does similar things. She'll eat random leaves off plants and long blades of grass. She knows the difference between soft and dry food and the terminology I use for each one. She knows 100% every time which one she prefers. All I have to do is say the words "good food" or "treat" and she goes nuts. She's curious about my food every time I eat dinner and bugs me until I let her try a piece if it doesn't smell spicy (she also learned the hard way to avoid spicy foods). Just like most other animals with brains, they can remember things, for example which foods taste good and which foods make them sick or uncomfortable. The same is true for creatures in the wild. Tooth seems to think they are brainless scavengers that only rely on instinct, and are born knowing exactly what to eat. That can't be further from the truth. Most creatures learn by trial and error. They don't have prior knowledge and eating guidebooks like humans have.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

It goes even further, some cats like stuff that others don't. We had 2 cats, and at special occasions like Xmas they got to sample special food...like shrimps and oysters. Turns out Bobby (fat older cat) loved oysters and barely let us eat ours in peace after sampling one...the other sniffled at it and turned away disgusted for some weird reason. No amount of holding it under its nose would make it take even a small bite.

One preferred chicken as their regular cat food...and went for it every single time...the other preferred tuna and beef for some reason. So clearly they try and like different stuff.

I won't talk about dogs because they will eat anything at least once, even if it's their own puke. Dogs are really dumb in that respect compared to cats (still love 'em though)

The best moment was when my mate's dog found a half-dried dead bird in the garden. That thing must have been dead for a pretty long time, yet he happily grabbed it and started chewing on it (after rolling on top of it...guess it loved the smell). My cat walked over, looked at it, sniffled...and then gave the dog a "you have to be kidding me" look

Cliff notes: Target food my ass

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It goes even further, some cats like stuff that others don't. We had 2 cats, and at special occasions like Xmas they got to sample special food...like shrimps and oysters. Turns out Bobby (fat older cat) loved oysters and barely let us eat ours in peace after sampling one...the other sniffled at it and turned away disgusted for some weird reason. No amount of holding it under its nose would make it take even a small bite.
Of course it just goes to prove to me that you have no idea what the heck Target food is, of course it doesn't apply to domesticated species where you dictate what they can and can't eat, your messing with the sampleing.

One preferred chicken as their regular cat food...and went for it every single time...the other preferred tuna and beef for some reason. So clearly they try and like different stuff.

I won't talk about dogs because they will eat anything at least once, even if it's their own puke. Dogs are really dumb in that respect compared to cats (still love 'em though)
Its not that they are dumb, its that they are not being exposed to their target food.

The best moment was when my mate's dog found a half-dried dead bird in the garden. That thing must have been dead for a pretty long time, yet he happily grabbed it and started chewing on it (after rolling on top of it...guess it loved the smell). My cat walked over, looked at it, sniffled...and then gave the dog a "you have to be kidding me" look
The examples your explaining clearly prove the species is not around it's target food.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Of course scientist can explain it...because as EVOLUTION explains everything evolves alongside its food source.
Evolution does NOT explain how it just so happens that food is available for every species, unless your talking about the intelligent programming in evolution that forewarns everyone.

Ha ha, evolution backed by intelligence.

Lead MIGHT be one of the causes, but clearly it isn't the only cause even if it is a cause. Fact (!!) is scientists aren't clear what causes ADHD yet, they have several hypothesis, and they know that it comes along with genetic changes in SOME patients...but they aren't supporting the claims you make. That of course makes your entire argument laughable and just shows how little you understand when it comes to science.
One article clealy says lead is the culprit.

And neither is "target food" mentioned anywhere because YOU MADE IT UP...just like I made up pixie dust. Thanks for proving my point
You must be mocking what you don't understand
I notice you mock a lot on here

Evolving plants, thats rich
. Next thing your going to try to convince me that evolution is smart enough to program plants to evolve to meet the needs of its enviroment. If you do, thats intelligence, something that evolution is NOT.

And its never occured to you that out of the 12 things you have exposed him to, that your probably still not finding his target food. LOL

Youll never get this.

Again, read up on the theory of evolution because it explains this perfectly! Of course species are to be found around their food source...because guess what, without that food source those species wouldn't be able to eat the food they ADAPTED to.
Thats a contradiction, first you said that the food evolves now your saying that the species evolved to fit the food, which is it? If they are both evolving, how can they possibly know what everything around them needs them to be and adjust?

Evolution is a sham.

1) There isn't enough water on the planet.
Not if the water settled there is.

2) There is ZERO geological evidence for it...and an event of that magnitude would leave evidence behind.
There are lots of places that appear to once have been water inhabited.

3) We wouldn't have today's biodiversity if that happend 10k years ago...or 100k years ago...or even 200k years ago.
Your only assuming this based on the idea of evolution.

In short, we know for a FACT a global flood never happened...even when the planet formed and large parts were submerged it still was never fully submerged...especially not 10k years ago.
There has never been any proo that the planet hasn't gone under some serious water changes.

There seems to also be evidence of where all the water came from as well.

Because:

1) It would kill humans.
Minus the supernatural element, ya, your probably right.

2) Humans don't fit through the throat of whales unless their midgets...and again, it would kill midgets.
Your making to many assumptions about how this exactly went down, but when it comes to the supernatural parts you just drop it.

3) Even if you could get swallowed, you'd end up in its stomach...and guess what's there...ACID! Dip your and into acid to realise how STUPID your claims are.
4) Pressure would instantly kill you once the whale dives...and they ALL dive numerous times per day to eat.

And no, saying "let's just pretend magic made it possible" isn't an answer! Why not? Because if you claim that, you can basically say EVERYTHING'S possible...which is complete and utter nonsense. It's like me saying "pigs can fly"...and when you start laughing at me I respond with "magic makes it possible". Please stop making clownish statements.
Your the kind of person that actually believes your 100% in control of your life, and you know everything there is to know about science in general. Good for you, now prove the rest of us wrong.

Once again your comparing science with supernatural, start with a dictionary.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
Evolution does NOT explain how it just so happens that food is available for every species, unless your talking about the intelligent programming in evolution that forewarns everyone.

Since you're wrong in the very first sentence I'll just stop you here. Food isn't just available for every species. They have to go out and earn it by hunting or gathering. It's not like there's a designated cat food tree and then around the corner is the antelope's bush.

The animals evolve AND the food evolves. As long as the food contains the same nutrients it doesn't matter what it is. Protein is there? Great, a lion could survive eating that almost exclusively regardless of what source the protein comes from. There's a reason why this essential nutrient is found in so many foods, and it's not because aliens designed it that way. Because an animal is both FOOD and not food. Hunter and the hunted. It's all the same stuff. Whether a lion takes down an antelope and feeds the pride with it or 100 hyenas surround a wounded lion and eat him. It's the circle of life, which you don't really seem to understand. Nothing is just designated for anything else. They take what they can get.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Wow...how can someone be so wrong in every single sentence...amazing

God our education system sucks

Also, kind of disturbing to see how religion can totally brainwash a person to the point where he/she can't even accept facts anymore. And those people get to vote...kinda scary and annoying because you know your own vote will be nullified by someone who believes people can live inside whales. There should be an IQ test for voting.
edit on 24-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

Originally posted by itsthetooth

Since you're wrong in the very first sentence I'll just stop you here. Food isn't just available for every species. They have to go out and earn it by hunting or gathering. It's not like there's a designated cat food tree and then around the corner is the antelope's bush.

The animals evolve AND the food evolves.

And sometimes the food and the animal co-evolves. Bees and orchids are a perfect example.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

And sometimes the food and the animal co-evolves. Bees and orchids are a perfect example.
Drunks and Kebabs another

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

You missed the whole point, as usual. It only appears to be happenstance that the correct food is here on the same planet because your brainwashed by the fact that we have everything, and you just take that for granted.

The animals evolve AND the food evolves. As long as the food contains the same nutrients it doesn't matter what it is. Protein is there? Great, a lion could survive eating that almost exclusively regardless of what source the protein comes from. There's a reason why this essential nutrient is found in so many foods, and it's not because aliens designed it that way. Because an animal is both FOOD and not food. Hunter and the hunted. It's all the same stuff. Whether a lion takes down an antelope and feeds the pride with it or 100 hyenas surround a wounded lion and eat him. It's the circle of life, which you don't really seem to understand. Nothing is just designated for anything else. They take what they can get.
If this were true, we would eat the same food that say the ant eater eats, and still eat the same food that apes and chimps eat. The fact is we don't, in fact we don't even eat the same food groups.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You missed the whole point, as usual. It only appears to be happenstance that the correct food is here on the same planet because your brainwashed by the fact that we have everything, and you just take that for granted.

But we can totally explain why living beings on earth have food sources, and why they eat the food they eat...the theory of evolution explains it thoroughly (and in a provable way). Maybe you should spend a bit more time actually reading up on the theory you so don't understand

If this were true, we would eat the same food that say the ant eater eats, and still eat the same food that apes and chimps eat. The fact is we don't, in fact we don't even eat the same food groups.

Why on earth would that be the case? Of course we eat different food because we followed a different evolutionary branch. Again, do yourself a favor and read up on the theory before making more uneducated claims

PS: We do actually eat a lot of the same food that apes eat (last I checked humans eat bananas and fruit)...hell, there are even cultures that eat ants

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join