It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

philadelphia cop punched woman in face

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by smurfy

At the time of your writing??? How long ago did you write that? My second post was over an hour ago and just after that comment

but if you say so.......
edit on 2-10-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

I do say so,
poloblack's first post to you was the last one I saw, that's the way it goes. Anyway I take it that you were not serious.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

No, I was not serious... If I was serious, I probably would have wrote a little something after that one line... I've posted many police brutality vids on ATS before, i'm very "anti" the current police state we live in today.... If anyone read this story, saw the video, and truly believed that the lady had it coming, then they're definitely a deranged individual... That's why I thought the comment would come off as not being serious, cause no one in their right mind would feel that way...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i just posted the following response in this thread (link);

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but it applies equally here, so forgive me for copying and pasting the exact same reply.

i'm seeing far too many examples of this kind of thing. some (not all, surely?) police officers need to be reined in. some need to be fired, and some should be in jail. and they do the forces' public relations no favours at all. it's almost as if, with the endless slew of police brutality videos uploaded to the web, someone was trying to deliberately stoke the fire of animosity that already exists between them and us.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Ive always thought that maybe if I see this right in front of me I might do something. Or if it was being done to me, someone might do something about it. But most videos I see, no one does anything. People are scared to do anything. End up in jail or shot dead because they "thought" you had a deadly weapon or they felt that their lives were in danger. I know I'm terrified of cops. I get nervous no matter why they are around. I cant help it. I always have this fear they are just going to fly off at something i do and shoot me. If i didn't have any children then maybe i wouldn't be so scared. Ugh....
To feel helpless around people who are supposed to be protecting you, it's just sad. It shows you were this world is headed. 

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by Sablicious
Ask any rapper, that's just typical black male behaviour towards females.
That has to be one of the most IGNORANT statements in ATS history, congratulations on your milestone.
I'm a black male, and that IS NOT typical of black males. Are you serious??? Eminem is a rapper, and the dude is very good at what he does, but he raps about actually KILLING chicks. Check one of his earlier album covers with his dead girlfriend in the trunk with her foot hanging out. Now, how STUPID would I sound if I said this was typical white male behavior? Catch my drift? Somehow, I don't think you will. You're a real piece of work, champ.
edit on 2-10-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

I agree with everything you said, but was offended you assumed they were white, do you know they are white?
they could be Black, Arabic, Hispanic etc etc, but when somebody says something that is offensive to black people it is automatically assumed they are white.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the video: people who defend this behavior by cops are only laying down the foundations of a society where they can be treated as seen fit without any accountability for themselves and their children.

edit on 2-10-2012 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by Sablicious
Ask any rapper, that's just typical black male behaviour towards females.
That has to be one of the most IGNORANT statements in ATS history, congratulations on your milestone.
I'm a black male, and that IS NOT typical of black males. Are you serious??? Eminem is a rapper, and the dude is very good at what he does, but he raps about actually KILLING chicks. Check one of his earlier album covers with his dead girlfriend in the trunk with her foot hanging out. Now, how STUPID would I sound if I said this was typical white male behavior? Catch my drift? Somehow, I don't think you will. You're a real piece of work, champ.
edit on 2-10-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

I agree with everything you said, but was offended you assumed they were white, do you know they are white?
they could be Black, Arabic, Hispanic etc etc, but when somebody says something that is offensive to black people it is automatically assumed they are white.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the video: people who defend this behavior by cops are only laying down the foundations of a society where they can be treated as seen fit without any accountability for themselves and their children.

edit on 2-10-2012 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)
I assumed who was white? What are you talking about???

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Just a quick update guys..it appears he is going to fired. www.nbcphiladelphia.com...

I'm not sure how I feel about it..considering everything he seemed like a good cop.Oh well,he made a mistake and now it's cost him his job.Perhaps this will cause other officers to think before they react like this guy did.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Now, how STUPID would I sound if I said this was typical white male behavior? Catch my drift? Somehow, I don't think you will. You're a real piece of work, champ.
reply to post by poloblack

you assumed the person making a racist comment was white.
edit on 5-10-2012 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

and some people Still defend Cops.

Cops are a paid Mob.
and both meanings of the word.

ALL cops are bad!
If you Know about All the bad things and you do nothing.
You are as bad.

why dont we have a good cop video tape the briefings telling them how to behave.
cops are told to be Pig headed and arrogant.
they know the system will protect them.
they would Kill the cop who did this.
and you would have a messy bodie to show the other cops.

if this is not stop't very soon, it will be to late.

Now that the officer has been fired and will possibly face criminal charges...
Officer Fired
...what was that you were saying about all police being bad and not doing anything about "all the bad things?"

Most people, including police officers that watch the video, think that his reaction was completely excessive.

Arresting the woman may have been justified, even though it would have been a mistake because she was not the one that actually threw the water, the amount of force was clearly excessive.

The officer has been dealt with. Please, try not to get carried away.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jerseychannelislands

and then theres this 1 who saw everything and did nothing...

First, the officer that is circled in the picture is clearly looking off to the right.

Second, review this video and tell me if it changed your opinion on how a single person in a crowd and situation such as this could miss the person throwing the water.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by areyouserious2010

i saw the gorilla straight away?

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Ok, well it seems many people miss the gorilla when they watch the video for the first time.

Almost everyone has the intuition that the answer is "yes, of course I would." How could something so obvious go completely unnoticed? But when we did this experiment at Harvard University several years ago, we found that half of the people who watched the video and counted the passes missed the gorilla. It was as though the gorilla was invisible.

Source
So just because it appears to be totally visible to us, it may not have been totally obvious to the officer at the time.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010

Ok, well it seems many people miss the gorilla when they watch the video for the first time.

Almost everyone has the intuition that the answer is "yes, of course I would." How could something so obvious go completely unnoticed? But when we did this experiment at Harvard University several years ago, we found that half of the people who watched the video and counted the passes missed the gorilla. It was as though the gorilla was invisible.

Source
So just because it appears to be totally visible to us, it may not have been totally obvious to the officer at the time.

I dont see how a person could NOT notice it, I saw it immediately but maybe thats because I was expecting it, I doubt it though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join