It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Time Travellers Dream............

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well this I not the usual kind of thing I post here on ATS, but I think that if I can share it with my friends in the pub, then why can’t I share it with you lot out there on ATS. After all, we all come to this site to sort information, share knowledge and discuss each others experiences regardless of what they may be.

So here goes…..

I have been quite ill this week and I have had a great deal of trouble sleeping, that is until last night. I think I was so knackered that I fell asleep almost immediately…

My dream began with myself and two of my closest old friends having a drink together in a pub. Anyway, it got to my turn to buy a round of drinks so I went to the bar, but when I went to order the three pints I realised that I only had five pound coins in my pocket, which obviously wasn’t enough money. So I signalled to my two friends that I would be back in a short while because I was going to go and find an ATM machine to withdraw some more money…

Anyway, I stepped out of the pub door and went in search of an ATM machine, but as I turned the corner to head towards the bank it was then that I realised that the street was full of Union Jack flags and buntings that were attached to string and tied between houses across the street...

As I stood there trying to work out what was going on and why the flags were there I was approached by two young men. Both the two young men were dressed in what can only be described as clothing from the 1930’s or 1940’s. They were both dressed in heavy dark grey trousers and jackets, both wearing waistcoats and baggy cloth caps. One of the young men had a wooden tray at waist height which was suspended by some rope around his neck. The tray seemed to have a wooden platform inside it that had small holes drilled into it, the holes were in rows and each hole had a Union Jack flag attached to a stick and all the flags were standing upright in the rows.

One of the two young men said to me, ‘Hello sir, would you like to buy a flag?’

His accent can only be described as a London, East End, Cockney kind of accent. I asked him what the flag was for; he just smiled and punched me in a playful manner on the shoulder and said in a laughing kind of way, ‘You’re avin a laff ain’t ya mate?’ (You are having a laugh aren’t you mate) obviously stating that I should have known what the flags were in relation to and I was just trying to wind him up…

I told him that I was just trying to find an ATM because I hadn’t got much money on me and asked him if he knew where there was an ATM machine. He looked quite perplexed to my question and said that he had no idea what I was talking about. I tried to explain what an ATM was, but he and his mate just stared at me as though I was completely mad. So after a minute or so trying to get information about ATM machines and trying to describe what one was I realised that I was not going to get the information I needed, so I gave up….

So he asked me again if I wanted to buy a flag. Anyway, I put my hand into my pocket to fish out the five pound coins, but when I pulled my hand out of my pocket and looked at the money in my palm, the money was totally unrecognisable to me. It was really heavy and was only what can be described as old money that I have never used before. I held out my hand in front of me looking at the coins trying to work out what they were. But even in my sleep my brain identified that the five pound coins had turned in old style currency. Then both the young men both gasped and shouted out at the same time, ‘Bloody hell guv, your loaded ain’t ya?’

Well I didn’t know what to say I just kept my hand open and said that I would have two flags which seemed to make the young man very pleased indeed. He took a couple of coins from my hand and then handed me two flags, they both said thank you and they walked off down the road…

As I watched them walking away I started to take a look around and I suppose the first thing I noticed was all the old style cars that all seemed to painted in black paint travelling up and down the road. The roads were all cobbled and it was obviously not the street I was normally walking down.

I realised that I was not going to find an ATM machine so I headed back towards the pub where I had come from originally. As I got to the pub I then realised that the pub was not the same pub that I had been in earlier and stood looking at the exterior of the building. The front of the pub had one large window which was a smoked glass kind of effect with the word Saloon engraved into the glass. I had seen many pub windows similar to this when I was growing up before most of the old pubs were knocked down or renovated and replaced with new builds…

I knew that I had to find my two mates so I opened the front door and entered inside the pub hoping that they would be inside. As I entered the pub it was nothing like what it was earlier. All the new style furniture was no longer there and it had all been replaced with old dark wooden table and chairs. Towards the right side of the room was an old wooden bar with men sitting on high stools drinking out of old heavy fat pint glasses which you don’t see many of today. I walked towards the bar and the barman who was about 50 years old and wearing a cloth cap and a dirty brown apron greeted me with a wide smile and asked me what I wanted to drink.

Anyway I said that I would like a pint of lager, but he didn’t seem to know what I was talking about and just took a pint glass from under the bar and started to pull on an old style wooden beer pump and he put the glass in front of me which was full with a really dark liquid. So I put my hand back inside my pocket, pulled out the strange looking change and held it out in front of me towards the barman. I asked him if I had enough to buy a beer, he just looked at me strangely and laughed and said, ‘Got enuff for a beer, course you’ve got enuff. Have ya come into some money mate? Ya got enuff there to buy us all a drink.’

So that’s what I did, I bought everyone in the pub a drink and I still had so much change left in my pocket it was still weighing my trousers down. Then I noticed that all the men in the pub were smoking cigarettes, that’s something I hadn’t seen for a few years since the smoking ban, so I put my hand into my jacket pocket and pulled out a packet of Lucky Strikes (Even though I am English I have always favoured American cigarettes such as Marlboro and Camel) and I lit one up….

The guys at the bar who were closest to me took quite a liking to my pack of Lucky Strikes and started passing the packet around and looking at it with great interest. One of the men asked if he could try one and I said yes, so he took one out of the box and lit it. While I was sipping my beer the guy who had lit the cigarette was complaining that he couldn’t taste anything from the cigarette, it was only then that I noticed that he had lit the filter end which made me laugh. I tried to explain about the filter tips, but they were quite perplexed to say the least….

I asked the barman if he had seen two other men earlier that he wouldn’t normally have seen in the pub, hoping that he may have seen my two friends. He said that he had indeed seen two strangers and he described them as wearing some very strange clothes, but he didn’t know where they had gone. I found this quite weird due to the fact that I was wearing similar clothes to what both my friends had been wearing but they didn’t seem to find my clothing any different from theirs. I said to the barman that they could have been my two friends and that I only left them for a short while because I had gone to search for a ATM machine, which of course he had no idea what the hell I was talking about in much the same way as the two young men selling the flags earlier.

Anyway, I decided to leave the pub, said goodbye to the men and walked towards the door. As I opened the pub door the barman shouted, ‘See you tomorrow then Dave.’

And that’s when I woke up….

I remembered the dream in such detail; most dreams just seem to vanish from my head in no time whatsoever…

You may not find this to be the most exciting dream that’s ever been told, but to me it’s most unusual. Whenever I have dreamed throughout my 47 years on this planet I have never dreamed about the past, all my dreams have always been in the present, well I presume they have all been in the present. I have never been in a dream where people have been wearing those types of clothes and I have never seen old style buildings and cars etc….

But one main thing stands out with this dream. I believe that this is the first dream I can recollect that has been in colour. The only reason I know for sure that the dream was in colour was because of the Union Jack flags, red, white and blue, I remember the flags so well I can still see them now, the dream keeps playing in my mind as though I was really there….

I feel that this is probably the closest I will ever come to being a time traveller….

Thank you for sharing my dream……

Davethebear…………

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

davethebear that was quite the dream. It seemed real to me just reading it. You are quite the writer, you should be writing books and short stories like this one because you have some serious talent that you aren't using apparently. Heck, I don't buy to many books these days because almost everything in free on the Internet, but I would sure buy a book from you with stories as good as that one.

Are you sure it wasn't real? Did anything seem strange when you woke up, or anything out of place? It could be that you did go back into time somehow, either just mentally, or without your knowledge physically. Either way, its a very good story.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
That was epic.
I think when you dream you can be anywhere, any time, and anybody, but mostly it's a little mix of a bit of everything and some fog mixed in. You seem to have hit a crystal clear wave and surfed it to the end.

And I bet somewhere in the multiverse there's a 1940s pub where they talk about this weird guy with the strange fags and tons of money.

Awesome.
edit on 27-9-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Wow! Thank you for posting, you write so well. Once I started reading I couldn't stop haha! I have very similar dreams where I'm in a real feeling world and where loads of strange things can and do happen! I think, from thing's I have read, that our dreams are made from experiences we have had through life. I do remember reading somewhere, not sure if it was on here or not, that people you see in your dreams are actually real people that you have at some point seen/interacted with in your life. Whether it's on TV or you have just walked past them in the street! Pretty cool the things our minds can do!

Thanks for sharing!
VS

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

davethebear that was quite the dream. It seemed real to me just reading it. You are quite the writer, you should be writing books and short stories like this one because you have some serious talent that you aren't using apparently. Heck, I don't buy to many books these days because almost everything in free on the Internet, but I would sure buy a book from you with stories as good as that one.

Are you sure it wasn't real? Did anything seem strange when you woke up, or anything out of place? It could be that you did go back into time somehow, either just mentally, or without your knowledge physically. Either way, its a very good story.

Thanks for your reply..............I have written down as best as I could what happened within the dream....I didn't feel weird when I awoke after the dream, but like I said in the thread I can remember everything as if it was real, so much so that it has been playing through my mind all day trying to make some kind of sense of it all....it is as if I should know where the place is or I have been there before, I don't know............I just hope that I can go back, but I don't very often go back to a dream I have had before...........but I will let you know if I do.........cheers

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
That was epic.
I think when you dream you can be anywhere, any time, and anybody, but mostly it's a little mix of a bit of everything and some fog mixed in. You seem to have hit a crystal clear wave and surfed it to the end.

And I bet somewhere in the multiverse there's a 1940s pub where they talk about this weird guy with the strange fags and tons of money.

Awesome.
edit on 27-9-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

Wow Wigit, that last paragraph that you wrote above made my hairs on the back of my neck stand up...............wow, yeah, wow, freaked me out now............haha......cheers

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VexedSoul
Wow! Thank you for posting, you write so well. Once I started reading I couldn't stop haha! I have very similar dreams where I'm in a real feeling world and where loads of strange things can and do happen! I think, from thing's I have read, that our dreams are made from experiences we have had through life. I do remember reading somewhere, not sure if it was on here or not, that people you see in your dreams are actually real people that you have at some point seen/interacted with in your life. Whether it's on TV or you have just walked past them in the street! Pretty cool the things our minds can do!

Thanks for sharing!
VS

Thanks for your reply VexedSoul.................Yeah, I certainly do believe that people that you meet in every day life can become apart of your dream world, but on this occasion I did not recognise anybody who I could have met during the day. But saying that though, I may have seen people within the dream who I may have seen subconsciously and not even realised...........cheers

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have also had a dream where I went back to WWII where I was a time agent. I was there to save a little girl from a bomb. I was dressed in a red wool coat in the Utility style of the 1940s.

In the same dream I also went back 20yrs. And met my husband's best man and my husband's friends.

Then I went forward in time to a few years to save many children from a fire bomb in a cinema. All I remember is a mouse princess that was in the film. And the children were dressed as this mouse princess.

I found that Time travel is really interesting.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
I have also had a dream where I went back to WWII where I was a time agent. I was there to save a little girl from a bomb. I was dressed in a red wool coat in the Utility style of the 1940s.

In the same dream I also went back 20yrs. And met my husband's best man and my husband's friends.

Then I went forward in time to a few years to save many children from a fire bomb in a cinema. All I remember is a mouse princess that was in the film. And the children were dressed as this mouse princess.

I found that Time travel is really interesting.

Thank you for sharing your time travel dream..............I have not heard of many people actually having dreams where they have seemed to go back in time, but I have certainly learned something new today....cheers

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Thank you for opening up one of your worlds to us OP.

I feel that we live many lives simultaneously, which are kept separate from each other somehow (i.e. 'partitions').

To me 2012-13 isn't about doom and gloom at all.

The partitions are coming down and we are remembering.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by htapath

I feel that we live many lives simultaneously, which are kept separate from each other somehow (i.e. 'partitions').

Yes htapath, I have heard that been said a few times this year about people remembering and I find it to be most interesting indeed. I would like to get more knowledge about it and search more into what until now has not really come to the fore, but I am sure that there are more people here on ATS who may have links to other information sources, I hope.......................cheers

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Yes htapath, I have heard that been said a few times this year about people remembering and I find it to be most interesting indeed. I would like to get more knowledge about it and search more into what until now has not really come to the fore, but I am sure that there are more people here on ATS who may have links to other information sources, I hope.......................cheers

Yes it's a gradual thing in my experience, like working a muscle.

For me, mirror gazing has helped immensely. Here is an example.

Also staring into your own eyes for 30-45 minutes without blinking can be an interesting and worthwhile endeavor.

www.awaresilence.com...

There are many methods to help you to encounter the unconscious. I will suggest a simple exercise that will help you to encounter it. At night, before you go to bed, close the doors of your room and put a big mirror in front of you. The room must be completely dark. Then put a small flame by the side of the mirror in such a way that the flame is not directly reflected in the mirror. Just your face should be reflected in the mirror, not the flame. Stare constantly into your own eyes in the mirror. Do not blink. This is a forty-minute experiment, and within two or three days you will be able to keep your eyes from blinking for the whole forty minutes. Even if tears come, let them come, but still do not blink and go on staring into the eyes. Within two or three days you will become aware of a very strange phenomenon: your face will begin to take on new shapes. You may even be scared. The face in the mirror will begin to change; sometimes a very different face will be there -- one which you have not known as yours. But all the faces that come to you belong to you. Now the subconscious mind is beginning to explode: these faces, these masks, are yours. And sometimes you may even see a face that belonged to you in a past life. After one week of constant practice -- staring for forty minutes every night -- your face will be a constant flux. Many faces will be coming and going constantly. After three weeks you will not be able to remember which one is your face. You will not be able to remember your own face, because you have seen so many different faces coming and going. If you continue, then one day, after three weeks or so, the strangest thing will happen: suddenly there will be no face in the mirror! The mirror will be vacant. You are staring into emptiness; there will be no face there at all.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Yes it's a gradual thing in my experience, like working a muscle.

For me, mirror gazing has helped immensely. Here is an example.

Also staring into your own eyes for 30-45 minutes without blinking can be an interesting and worthwhile endeavor.

www.awaresilence.com...

There are many methods to help you to encounter the unconscious. I will suggest a simple exercise that will help you to encounter it. At night, before you go to bed, close the doors of your room and put a big mirror in front of you. The room must be completely dark. Then put a small flame by the side of the mirror in such a way that the flame is not directly reflected in the mirror. Just your face should be reflected in the mirror, not the flame. Stare constantly into your own eyes in the mirror. Do not blink. This is a forty-minute experiment, and within two or three days you will be able to keep your eyes from blinking for the whole forty minutes. Even if tears come, let them come, but still do not blink and go on staring into the eyes. Within two or three days you will become aware of a very strange phenomenon: your face will begin to take on new shapes. You may even be scared. The face in the mirror will begin to change; sometimes a very different face will be there -- one which you have not known as yours. But all the faces that come to you belong to you. Now the subconscious mind is beginning to explode: these faces, these masks, are yours. And sometimes you may even see a face that belonged to you in a past life. After one week of constant practice -- staring for forty minutes every night -- your face will be a constant flux. Many faces will be coming and going constantly. After three weeks you will not be able to remember which one is your face. You will not be able to remember your own face, because you have seen so many different faces coming and going. If you continue, then one day, after three weeks or so, the strangest thing will happen: suddenly there will be no face in the mirror! The mirror will be vacant. You are staring into emptiness; there will be no face there at all.

Wow, I read the links you added, very interesting indeed. I have never heard of this before, but I am going to look into having a go at it........I have stared into a mirror when in the near darkness for a short while in the past and your face does tend to change and on some occasions starts to appear quite distorted and looks nothing like you anymore............but interesting, I shall have a search around for more info.....................thanks again for your post........................cheers

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

This isn't the only time travel dreams I have had. Just the one that had WWII in it.

My kids have had some too, this year mainly.

I even made a thread on one of my time travel dreams I have dreamt.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I had a time travel dream last night. I have never had time travel dreams, but have had many many spiritual dreams, and many dreams laden with interesting symbols.
It was actually two dreams. The first one was the more bizarre though, I think, because it seems like a kind of UFO dream, where I was pulled up from the ground into a kind of pod vehicle. It was all white and kind of like a bubble with some techy stuff in it. I was standing up in this pod as it traveled through space, like I was in a wormhole or something, and under my feet, I could tell there was just a think layer of material between me and the space. Or like I was traveling through some plasma or something and the plasma/space was just a think layer away from my feet. I was all alone in this pod.
I then woke up and was thinking of this dream, and then drifted off back to sleep, and in this second dream I was with another person and we got into this time machine. It was kind of like a go-cart, very rudimentary, and had three slots for people. You could program this machine, and I remember programming it to 13. The machine then landed and I was in some kind of Utopian paradise, like from Beethoven's Pastoral symphony and I felt I was in England. But I knew I had traveled back in time and was reliving some past experiences and seeing old friends. I was then in some kind of hotel where there was a kind of reception going on.
I then woke up. I was curious about the 13 number, so I googled. I found that Palermo Italy is at 13 degrees longitude. So who knows, maybe a past life in Italy.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
lol think = thin

top topics

join