It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 100,000 protesting in Madrid, Spain - Surrounding/Occupy the Parliament (UPDATED)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Update from spain.
Well we still have torrential rain and flooding, 6 people so far have lost their lives.
The warnings are important of course but there is NO mention of any protests happening anywhwere here in Spain or portugal or Italy.
I just watched the spanish news on the main t.v station. "Rain and Floods rain and floods, but don't worry folks local government is here to help.

They are using the deaths of the people to "create" "news".
Also, people have said why so few Guardia Civil to help with rescue (locally not on news)?
I suspect they've all been sent to protect the politicians and infrastucture from the people who selfishly did not drown!!!

Heres a link to the 24 hour news channel for the WHOLE of spain.
PROTEST what protest?www.rtve.es...

Aha, now there is a story about the banks failing the stress tests. No-one protesting about it apparently.
edit on 29-9-2012 by discolo because: just because

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimIrie
english news

What a fablous piece of reporting (from the trenches). MSM could take a lead from this - yeah right!

Most amazing point for me was that the Spanish govt. is calling this an attempted coup d'etat - holy crap. There's a brief interview with I think a Union guy, who says something like, 'normally this isn't the kind of protest we would join, but when the guvt. started calling it a coup, we felt we should join in!' friggin awesome.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PunchingBag80
reply to post by Tardacus

It would also be effective in immobilizing their vision with having those nifty face shields. The people have to stand up against tyranny, doing nothing is foolish.

I had this vision last night of 10,000 men, women and children all dressed in white, walking silently in single file through the city, gazing at the ground and humming gently. As they approach the rioters and protesters, all go into silence and bow, making a channel for the single file, white cloaked figures to pass.

They come to some major high street or major landmark, or a police barricade, and sit down in beautifully ordered rows and columns, cross legged and begin 'meditating' or simply Opening As Love. Each time the police remove one of them, another simply steps forward and replaces them.

Over time, more and more people join in, it is an energy vortex that magnetizes others to the scene. the entire world's media is focused on the event, which has NEVER been witnessed before, so every cop knows that as he raises his baton, or wrenches a child from the crowd, that the whole world is watching.

Eventually it becomes a global scene, happening all over the planet. An occupation of love. White cloaked figures gently and silently surrounding banks and govt and military institutions, sitting down and opening as love.

Imagine that!
edit on 29-9-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

ETA: maybe this would be more powerful and safe without the men! Just women and children. This would invoke the protective nature of the masculine, in the public, in the media, even in the police. The key is to remove the confrontational nature of the masculine energy and offer only feminine love. I know it sounds a bit airy-fairy, but it is the most powerful force on the planet that I'm aware of. Water and wind erodes stone!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Lots and lots of articles claiming the roads are closed. 13 in my area. Due to Flooding, so if you want to go to Madrid, sevilla, granada, cordoba to protest you cannot.
Nothing to do with the authorities, Act of god it seems. nothing to do with the authorities quaking in their boots.
www.teinteresa.es... luvia-docena-carreteras-Andalucia-principal_0_782322150.html
infocar.dgt.es... asCONO=true&IncidenciasRETENCION=true&IncidenciasOBRAS=true&IncidenciasMETEOROLOGICA=true&IncidenciasPUERTOS=true&provincia=77&poblacion=&carretera=&P K=&version=mapa&pagina=null&accion_buscar=Buscarwww.elmundo.es... mundo/2010/12/21/andalucia/1292926674.html

Main road into Madrid from Getafe is closed 7km outside the city. Aye right!
edit on 29-9-2012 by discolo because: spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by discolo
reply to post by RogerT3

Lots and lots of articles claiming the roads are closed. 13 in my area. Due to Flooding, so if you want to got to Madrid, sevilla, granada, cordoba to protest you cannot.
Nothing to do with the authoroties, Act of god it seems. nothing to do with the authorities quaking in their boots.
www.teinteresa.es... luvia-docena-carreteras-Andalucia-principal_0_782322150.html
infocar.dgt.es... asCONO=true&IncidenciasRETENCION=true&IncidenciasOBRAS=true&IncidenciasMETEOROLOGICA=true&IncidenciasPUERTOS=true&provincia=77&poblacion=&carretera=&P K=&version=mapa&pagina=null&accion_buscar=Buscarwww.elmundo.es... mundo/2010/12/21/andalucia/1292926674.html

Main road into Madrid from Getafe is closed 7km outside the city. Aye right!

Are you saying they are lying about the flooding and the roads are actually open (except for police barricades)?

Are you close enough to go check it out and expose the lie?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
www.rtve.es...reply to post by RogerT3

My mother in law is driving to Malaga later to pick up a friend at the airport. But the road is closed it has washed away, the original A class road is drivable but is closed for our own safety. So we will find out locally later.
I think it's more a case of the media telling everyone to stay home.
There has just been a report on rtve about murcia where they had 4 deaths due to flooding. they have the army "helping out" but when the interviewer was talking to the mayor, it was dry and they were in shirt sleeves.
You can see two army vehicles in the background and a mobile hospital sponsored by the Caixa Bank.

One good thing though, in interviews with members of the public they are saying the floods are so bad because no one cleared any of the flood drains and natural Barrancos because the people repsonsible did not want to spend any money.
I think the TPTB are milking the situation. I still cannot find anything about s25 on you tube younger than 3 days, in english or spanish.
noticias.terra.es... ml

In the news about Madrid Now. still no mention of people being there. But the Mayor is saying that people should "show Prudence" when protesting and that "it is understandable" that the people think there is a "sickness" but they should be peacful.

The ministers are meeting right NOW in the congress

She is against the idea of an area set aside for protest as this would effect they day to day running of the city.

I've translated this as best i can i tried using google translate but it should be called gobbledegoogle for all the sense it makes.
edit on 29-9-2012 by discolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Really awesome to have eyes on the ground.
I was recently in that area, flew in to Alicante and up to Mojacar to visit friends. They've since relocated to the UK otherwise we'd be getting started organising the white cloaks right away

PS. your links above appear to be broken?!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Oh, well, another great flood is due, anyway.
This news have properly been delayed, it is my impression

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Italy Austerity Protests Force Closure Of Colosseum, Roman Forum

ROME, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Up to 30,000 members of two of Italy's biggest unions marched through Rome on Friday to protest against Prime Minister Mario Monti's cuts in public spending, forcing the closure of the Colosseum.

Opposition to austerity policies aimed at steering the country out of its economic crisis is growing as the year-long recession shows no signs of letting up and unemployment continues to rise.

The march by mainly public sector workers followed clashes between anti-austerity protesters and police in Madrid and Athens this week and coincided with a second day of labour unrest at the ILVA steel plant in southern Italy.

Staff at the Colosseum and the Roman Forum walked off their jobs, closing two of the city's top tourist attractions. The morning rush-hour traffic was badly snarled but the rally was peaceful.

University professors, public administration employees, garbage collectors and health workers also stopped work in support of the march.

"At the moment, I just can't see a future that gives us any hope, particularly for the youth," former soldier Emilio Amiraglia said at the event.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Ok trying again.
Heres the mayor of madrid interview.noticias.terra.es... b0aRCRD.htmlIn the news about Madrid Now. still no mention of people being there. But the Mayor is saying that people should "show Prudence" when protesting and that "it is understandable" that the people think there is a "sickness" but they should be peacful.

She is against the idea of an area set aside for protest as this would effect they day to day running of the city.

I've translated this as best i can i tried using google translate but it should be called gobbledegoogle for all the sense it makes.

edit on 29-9-2012 by discolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Mojacar is slap bang in front of me, "alternative" types your friends?
I'm on Sierra Nevada close to the highest village(and Bar) in Spain!

P.s someone reopened the mine for a couple of monthes on mojacar, loads of security and floodlights big trucks coming and going now its closed again. I think it was officially closed for about thirty years. but i digress.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

reply to post by RogerT3

Mojacar is slap bang in front of me, "alternative" types your friends?
I'm on Sierra Nevada close to the highest village(and Bar) in Spain!

P.s someone reopened the mine for a couple of monthes on mojacar, loads of security and floodlights big trucks coming and going now its closed again. I think it was officially closed for about thirty years. but i digress.

Yeah, well, they aren't spiritual hippies, they are true warriors of the mist, which is probably why they left

Except for a few locals like Marie-Sol the shaman lady on the hill, I found Mojacar a den of incense and purple candle guru wannabees

Sorry for off topic, but nice to share some humour and lighten the load a little.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Ha, Italy is in already, that was faster than I expected.
Now wait for the UK to join in and finally Germany, then it's bye bye Europe.
France is moot, rioting in the streets there is nothing new or novel

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

lol, Yeah they do love their purple. and petchulli oil...and sitting back to let the universe sort itself out.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Tin Foil Hat Moment:

No one finds it odd that this "riot" was cancelled due to rain?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want folks standing in the rain protesting. But HAARP could slow that process by bringing the rain.

I'm not a big believer in HAARP, quite the opposite. I think it's someone fiddling with something they know nothing about. But Japan was having tension problems with us-bang 9.0 and a little nuclear goo. Turkey has been a major foothold in the middle east, but they won't help a US brutha out. So they get EQs.

Every political opposer we have, gets a natural disaster that causes a nationwide problem.

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Metaphysical Hat Moment:

Could also be nature looking after a bunch of well intentioned but slightly off course protesters who were about to have their lights snuffed out by a slavering pack of riot control monsters

Fall back, regroup, rethink, don the white robes and try again - violence may be 'dampened' by the rain, but love isn't

Wow, I sound like a candle burning hippie, time to relocate to Mojacar

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT3

Perhaps this should go into another thread? But i have heard from various friends in the area that most of the roads are well and truly F###ed. If not washed away they've been covered by landslides. The internet is very sloooooooow and sporadic. I will try to keep you all posted about the spanish news. I'm only 3 hours drive away from madrid but it seems tptb are telling the truth about the roads.
Lucky for them in the short term, but who's gonna pay to fix them? Rajoy said he wants to borrow another 54 million, but that was before the rain.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

I was just going to mention that, Lots of chemtrails here monday to thursday.....no rain for 8 monthes then a monthes worth in 8 hours.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by discolo

no, I don't think those roads will be fixed any time soon. They don't want more unemployed pouring into Madrid.

Piensa lo....

The old guard is not capacitated to deal with this like their stronger grandparents....the moors will not flood in to quell anything....they have all grown too fat and comfortable...into self adoring intellectuals and lazy....

German air raids will not destroy Madrid if it is taken....they will not be able to use the tactics of the civil war this time around...

Esta vez, somos todos muy fuertes Y ellos muy gordos....y seguros en si mismos.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by RogerT3

Perhaps this should go into another thread?

Yep, sorry, I'll contain my urge to wax lyrical and stick with the breaking news commentary

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop from a personal, on the ground perspective.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
These people are incredibly brave. And they are right to protest against corruption. Whats going on in these countries is only the beginning. The fighting spirit of these people is in all of us.

There will be a time when we all need to fight like this. Its necessary for real change.

edit on 29-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join