It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 100,000 protesting in Madrid, Spain - Surrounding/Occupy the Parliament (UPDATED)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by VerboetGladio

first off,

HOLA! saludos desde Asturias!

Second, You say the police are the ones provoking the violence....Many people in other major protests say the same thing. I overheard my customers in a small cafe talking about how they agree with your assessment of how it started.

Do you think that there could be a false flag/ golpe de estado brewing? Maybe not just in Spain, but a coordinated coup de tat that would make the newly proposed EU military seem necessary? That is why the police want people to lose control and go crazy?

edit on 27-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

None of that. Demonstration is peacefull. Target: Surround Parliament to show growing discontent.

how a "coup d'etat" !! ? - that's a ridiculous sentence from power to legitimate police violence, that covers the other violence (politicians swindle).

The question is. There was above 50.000 people. Angry. Sick and fed up. that's impossible to hide.

Even taking into account mass-media disinformation. It's a fact.
They know...people know... what's the matter

See you in the next barricade. No way to hide friend.
Accept it.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
another compilation of senseless police violence

www.eldiario.es...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

And who's inciting violence again?

Free Press Intimidation and violence againts innocent people (even someone has anything to be with demostration), including elder people and childs.......

There is a word for that
SHAMING FASCISM !! watch at the old man crying "vergüenza !!! vergüenza !!!" (shame !!!) protecting for being beaten.........

really sad ......

www.youtube.com...

[yvid]

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think they realized that a peaceful protest isn't going to work and they'll have to step it up another notch by using force and rebellion. I was rooting for the ones that were kicking around that police officer. Seriously, it was a protest and they started to attack the protesters. What happened to democracy? Clearly it's been taken away and now they have to fight for it again.

I just wonder how long does the world have to fight for democracy in order to keep it? Is democracy really that bad for us because we tend to lose it every few decades or centuries? I just wonder if WW3 will just be a global rebellion against our governments because it sure looks that way.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Democracy and freedom is always something you have to fight for.

There are always people trying to take it away from you for some retarded reason. Usually it's because they think they know what's good for you.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
...and the show goes on:

imagine how much people will come when it´s weekend, ehh!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Democracy and freedom is always something you have to fight for.

There are always people trying to take it away from you for some retarded reason. Usually it's because they think they know what's good for you.

I don't really like it when people loosely throw the word retarded but I don't bicker and bitch at them for doing so. It's your right to say it and my right to feel upset about it and I will always fight for your right to say what's on your mind, even if they are things I disagree with. We may in the future disagree with some things but regardless on what our arguments may be about (religion, politics, etc), I'll be fighting by your side to defend your right to say it.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Em2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimIrie
Today about 100,000 people where on the streets of madrid to demonstrate against government.

They surrounded the parliament and even kettled the police forces!

The mass media coverage is poor, so i thought to bring this to your attention...

This is the first english article, more or less poorly covered:
www.nytimes.com...

Violence is escalating...

He was very badly injured by the policemen. In the moment they try to find out what happened...

There are still hundreds of protestors, holding the place against the agressive police forces
And tomorrow the protest will go on!

You can follow the whole action at facebook...
Just add: www.facebook.com...
Or watch the incoming videos at youtube at: www.facebook.com...

Or follow the livestreams by Audiovisol or Spanishrevolutionsol or Russian Today

It will be very interesting for all of us, because the hard core of the protesters want to stay until the government is overthrown...
Revolution in europe ahead?

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim Irie

edit on 9-26-2012 by worldwatcher because: added update to title as per OP request

Perilous Times and Perilous Men...

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 Timothy 3:1

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age...

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Matthew 24

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a chronic video from the 26th:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
english news

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
DING DING DING!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Now the US needs to STEP IT UP!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

It would also be effective in immobilizing their vision with having those nifty face shields. The people have to stand up against tyranny, doing nothing is foolish.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It will be HUGE tomorrow!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I've said it a few times now - all it takes for a protest to become a revolution is an act of injustice perpetrated by the authorities, to anger enough people.

I recently saw an RT interview with Jesse Ventura, and he said the same - the Occupy movement died out because there were no martyrs. There almost was in Oakland, and thousands of serving military sided with the people. But it wasn't enough to mobilize the public in such a politically divided nation.

It's sad, but it takes something like the death of a protester at the hands of the thug police to actually get enough people angry to take action against their government. And with so many violent people in the police, willing to follow orders against their own people, it's only a matter of time before one of them kills someone, and it becomes something a lot bigger.

I'm going to be watching this weekend. I have a feeling we're going to see the start of something rather big in Europe. Spain now has an unemployment rate so high that these people have nothing left to lose, and the militarized police has shown that they are not afraid of oppressing the people with violence. That's an increasingly dangerous mix that can only lead to escalation.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It’s a powder keg waiting to blow.

You have the people protesting the government’s actions, the government trying discredit the protests with law suits, video of police beating protesters maybe even inciting a riot and the media down playing it all or not even covering it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

Have you any links to that please - wasnt aware till you posted

big sorry for the one liner

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

We need more footage!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
DING DING DING!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

I doubt it. In Europe they are called 'protesters' and 'rioters', in America they are called 'terrorists'. The fear factor is tenfold so people stay at home and watch it on telly.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyetoeye
reply to post by JimIrie

We need more footage!!!

Go to youtube.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by moniesisfun
DING DING DING!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

I doubt it. In Europe they are called 'protesters' and 'rioters', in America they are called 'terrorists'. The fear factor is tenfold so people stay at home and watch it on telly.

Isn't it ironic that the telly is probably the main source of that fear factor?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join