It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do the Royal Family really know about Aliens and UFOs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+93 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

“There are many reasons to believe that they (UFOs) do exist. There is so much evidence from reliable witnesses”. Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, London Sunday Dispatch Prince Philip, March 28, 1954.

Duke of Edinburgh: Prince Philip circa 1950

To most people in Britain and beyond, Prince Philip is the Queen’s long term husband. A man prone to making the odd verbal gaff in public, but generally respected these days for his long public service in both war and peace time. To David Icke he is a shape shifting lizard, and to some plays a leading role as part of the Illuminati. If those allegations are true then it is somewhat strange that Prince Philip harbours a keen interest in the UFO phenomenon. He was a subscriber to popular British UFO magazine “Flying Saucer Review” and was also involved as a pilot in an incident himself in 1981.

On Monday, November 30, 1981 ITN news broadcast a story that the Duke of Edinburgh was piloting a light aircraft 3 days earlier. The plane was involved in a near miss with a Boeing 747 taking evasive action to avoid colliding with a UFO. The Times reported the incident the following day in a somewhat serious tone.

“Buckingham Palace confirmed last night that the Duke of Edinburgh was at the controls of an Andover of the Queen’s Flight when it was involved in a near miss with a jumbo jet carrying 200 passengers to Miami.
The incident happened after a British Airways Boeing 747 had taken off from Heathrow airport on Friday and was climbing at 300 mph, according to reports.

The pilot took evasive action after seeing an ‘unidentified object fly across his field of vision. An inquiry is to be held as to why the near miss happened. The Duke will be required to submit a report.”

Prince Charles UFO Encounter

HRH Prince Charles

Prince Charles was also reportedly involved in a UFO incident in 1986. Flying over the Irish Sea in late February 1986, Prince Charles was returning from a visit to the USA in a RAF VC-10. The pilot reported ahead to Heathrow that he had been startled by a glowing red object in the sky, which lit up the cockpit of the aircraft. No official comment was ever made from the Palace regarding the incident but the MoD did confirm that there was no danger to the Prince.

The Royals and Adamski

Back in the 1950s Prince Philip was keen to meet the famous contactee, George Adamski, who claimed he had been taken on a tour of the solar system by aliens from Venus.

George Adamski

Queen Juliana of the Netherlands did meet up with Adamski in 1959 and predicted that a meeting with Queen Elizabeth II in England could well be on the agenda.

Queen Juliana

The meeting was never arranged of course and Prince Philip was denied his chance to discuss space travel with the Polish-American unless a clandestine liaison was arranged that has never entered the public record. The embarrassment to the British establishment, back in the 1950s, would have been a lot more embarrassing than the clothing deficiency experiences of the younger royals of today. But Prince Philip’s interest in the UFO subject remained.

Nick Pope the former Civil Servant in charge of the UFO desk for the MoD has confirmed that the Duke of Edinburgh kept a map at Buckingham Palace with the locations of UFO sightings on his wall. The Duke even asked the British Air Ministry to send him a copy of their UFO reports. He also encouraged his equerry (Senior Attendant), Sir Peter Horsley, to discreetly study UFO cases and to bring UFO witnesses to the Palace for private discussions.

This is where things get seriously weird.

The Mysterious Mr. Janus

Sir Peter Horsley

Sir Peter Horsley was a former World War II pilot and squadron leader. He entered the service of the Royals in July 1949 before returning to the RAF in 1956 where he rose through the ranks. His final role in the RAF was as Deputy Commander-in-Chief RAF Strike Command in 1973 before he retired. In 1954 Horsley was invited, by a British Army ‘General Martin’, to meet an extraterrestrial being in a flat in London. The property belonged to a Mrs Markham at the time. Sir Peter was taken to a dimly lit room where he encountered one very mysterious man.

Horsley recalls very little about any features of Mr Janus in his autobiography “Sounds from Another Room”.

“What is strange is that I have no lasting impression of him. He seemed to fit perfectly in his surroundings. If I have any impression it was his quiet voice which had a rich quality to it. He looked about 45 to 50 years old and was wearing a suit and a tie. He was quite normal in every way except that he seemed to be tuning into my mind and gradually took over the conversation. …by the end of the meeting I was quite disturbed really.”

A very odd encounter with the mysterious Janus

The conversation started with Janus asking Horsley about everything he knew about flying saucers. Janus explained that man was going through a Dark Age. Humanity was using technology like a child with new toys giving scant regard to his surroundings, nature and his fellow humans. He explained that in 20 or 30 years (remember this was 1954) that rockets and satellites would become commonplace and miniaturization of our technology and advances in communication would grow rapidly. However he stressed that Earth was in a backwater of the galaxy, inhabited by half civilized beings who posed a danger to their neighbours. Earth was visited from time to time but mainly by robot controlled probes. Occasional “physical” interference was necessary but a general rule of space exploration applied throughout the galaxy.

“..do not interfere with the natural development and order of life in the universe”.

At the end of a long conversation Sir Peter asked Janus what his specific interest was. To which Janus replied

“I would like to meet the Duke of Edinburgh….a man of great vision, who believes strongly in the proper relationship between man and nature which will prove of great importance in future galactic harmony”.

Horsley made a full verbatim report of his meeting. He was disturbed by the fact that Janus could seemingly read his mind and had a significant knowledge of nuclear installations in Britain. Michael Parker, Prince Philip’s private secretary, treated the report as a joke but commented that the Duke of Edinburgh had actually kept an open mind to the whole affair.

When Horsley published his memoirs in 1997, a senior official at the Ministry of Defence commented:

"How unfortunate that the public will learn that the man who had his finger on the button of Strike Command was seeing little green men."

Continued in Part II >>>>>

edit on 25/9/12 by mirageman because: tidy up

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Part II

Louis Mountbatten
Louis Mountbatten
The late Earl Mountbatten, Prince Philip’s uncle, who served as Supreme Allied Commandeer in South East Asia during World War II, also held a deep interest in the UFO/Alien topic. Louis Mountbatten had allegedly seen UFOs up close. Although there is no documented evidence of this, there is a strange parallel with Prince Philip’s story above.

Broadlands Estate, home of the Mountbattens

On February 25th 1955, Frederick Briggs, a retired Sergeant from the British Army, was working as a maintenance man at Broadlands, the Hampshire home of Mountbatten. Briggs was either riding or wheeling his bicycle in the grounds, covered in a light dusting of snow, when he reportedly saw a large craft that looked like a child's top hovering over a field. He saw a column descend from the middle of the object with what appeared to be a small (5’ 6”) fair haired, humanoid wearing overalls and a helmet. On reaching almost ground level the humanoid noticed Briggs observing his descent. Briggs then remembers being paralysed by a strange light beam whilst the humanoid retreated back into the craft.

illustration of Briggs encounter with the UFO at Broadlands

As he arrived at the house, Mountbatten’s chauffeur noted Briggs ,looked noticeably shocked. Being a good friend Briggs confided his amazing story to the chauffeur who concluded “You must tell the boss.” After some deliberation Briggs relented and met with his employer. Mountbatten produced a number of UFO photographs and asked Briggs if he could identify the craft he’d seen. Briggs recalls the Earl saying to him “we know about these things and are very interested in them”. They then went to site to see a perfect circle of snow had melted in the ground underneath where the craft had been hovering. There were also markings in the snow where Briggs had slipped with his bike. Mountbatten took Briggs back to the house and asked him to write out a statement which both men signed along with a drawing of the craft by Briggs’ (click to enlarge the statements below).

Briggs impression of the craft

Mountbatten states in his report that he personally interviewed Mr. Briggs. He reported that Briggs :

"…did not give the impression of being the sort of man who would be subject to hallucinations, or would in any way invent such a story……I have personally investigated the above claim by Mr Briggs and I believe it to be true and correct "
Signed : Mountbatten of Burma

The story was almost printed by the Sunday Graphic newspaper but pulled at the last moment when the editor changed his mind so as not to embarrass the Mountbatten family.

Desmond Leslie

However this was not the end of the tale. In a discussion with Desmond Leslie something stranger happened to Briggs on the following day. Briggs was cycling to work up the same road to Broadlands when he encountered the blue uniformed humanoid, standing in the middle of the road, ahead of him. He stopped, shook the hand of the humanoid, who winced and explained, telepathically, that his race was not as strong as humans. Briggs was then invited into the spacecraft and sat down alone in a small compartment with a triangular window. He was then allegedly transported to his chosen destination of the Pyramids of Giza. Briggs recalled the flight took all of about 10 minutes and he could see both above and the sides of the pyramid from the window. This somewhat confused him along with the whole experience only lasting around 30 minutes at most. Before he was returned to ground Briggs stated the alien said: “If Lord Mountbatten met us he could change the world.”

A rather bizarre statement when had they really wanted to contact the Earl they almost certainly could have done. It is odd that Mountbatten never admitted to seeing the craft or the humanoid(s) Briggs encountered on his grounds. Subsequently when Mountbatten was later told this second tale via a letter from Desmond to the Queen’s Private Secretary he dismissed it all as nonsense.

*Source: Flying Saucer Review V26 No. 5

Mountbatten later met with Adamski in 1963 where he took him to the site of the Briggs encounter. It seems he strongly believed in the first story but, for reasons unknown, not the second meeting the following day.

Continued in Part III >>>
edit on 25/9/12 by mirageman because: more corrections

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Part III

More Questions than Conclusions

Despite the strange tales of alien contact from people who worked for the Royals we still don’t know whether they have access to more information than the average citizen or are simply inquisitive. Lord Mountbatten is no longer with us having been killed by IRA terrorists in 1979. But why did Briggs encounter a humanoid close to the Earl’s estate? Mountbatten clearly believed his first story but then dismissed the second encounter outright. The Earl seemingly knew an awful lot about UFOs but when one sneaks up onto his land it seems the only witness is the odd-job man?

Sir Peter Horsley’s meeting with Mr Janus is even stranger. Did he tell Prince Philip more about the meeting than he published in his book? Could it all be a practical joke, or even the British Establishment testing his loyalty? Maybe it was a Soviet or even American plot to find out what the Brits knew about flying saucers?

We also have to ponder why Prince Philip and Earl Mountbatten were seen as men the aliens would want to meet? Did they ever make contact? If so what does the Duke of Edinburgh really know?

The Royals have strong military connections. So we could speculate that their permanent position in society means they have access to information more temporary statesmen like Prime Ministers and Presidents do not. Are all of these peculiar stories true and do they really know the secrets about UFOs and aliens?

Do they, at least, know more than you and I do?

Men in Black: Agents P and Q

Sources:

Flying Saucer Review(s) – Volume 26 No. 5, Volume 27 No.4, Volume 31 No.4

Timothy Good – “Need to Know” tinyurl.com/cm8xwsv

Peter Horsley – “Sounds From Another Room”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.fourwinds10.net...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.nickpope.net...

Open Minds TV

www.fsr.org.uk...
edit on 25/9/12 by mirageman because: tidy up

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
what a nice thread...thanks dude...i enjoyed reading that.

it seems the early 80s, TPTB had many incidents with unidentified objects

dont forget all that bush, reagen stuff with iran as well....many ufo incidents

iv oticed the 60s and the 80s seem to be key eras.....so what happened in the 70s??

peace and respect

forgot to ask.....the coat of arms you have at the begining of your thread..is that real? if so, who does it belong to?
edit on 25-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Most excellent thread, mirageman. Nicely done.

Yes, it's a subject that has fascinated me as well. The Brits, imo, gave us the golden age of modern ufology. I'm sure firemoon and others will be along to add to the juiciness. Might even get Kandinsky to throw-down on some lore, too.

Bump for now. More later.

edit on 25-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageman
Do they, at least, know more than you and I do?

I suspect they do!

Absolutely fascinating information. Thanks for posting. Most of this is unfamiliar to me.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Nice thread mirageman

I believe that the Fred Briggs story was an invention by him as he was late for work and new of Mountbatten's interest in the subject so used the story as a distraction from that fact .... seemed to have worked

In regard to Mr Janus I've always found that story interesting , I've heard the theory that Janus was part of an effort by the secret service to discover what Prince Philips interest was and if it posed a national security risk but I'm not sure I buy that , was Mr Janus an ET .. don't know but Peter Horsley was no fool and he seemed to think he was .

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I think they know of the upcoming
accurate arrival time associated with past visitations

edit on 9/25/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

iv oticed the 60s and the 80s seem to be key eras.....so what happened in the 70s??

peace and respect

forgot to ask.....the coat of arms you have at the begining of your thread..is that real? if so, who does it belong to?

Hi Pharaoh,

The coat of arms is actually my graphically enhanced version of Royal Standard (there are a number of versions which Wiki will explain to anyone seriously interested). In fact all the graphics with the exception of the photos and news clippings are my own artistic impressions via software. I think it helps to break up the post into digestible chunks.

As for the decades questioned, The 60s seem to represent a change from the more innocent age of the contactee movement (with the Hill abduction standing out as a pointer to the more sinister tales to come). The 80s just went plain chaotic with Dulce, Area 51, abductions and the now ubiquitous Flying Triangles taking centre stage. The 70s seemed to mark another change when aliens changed from the humanoid to the greys (or grays as they are known across the pond). Travis Walton's case being the pivotal moment because it was slap bang on the middle of that decade and featured both types of aliens. Here in the UK, Wales had a UFO flap in the mid 70s with Berwyn and the Broadhaven sightings. But I think we can now look back at the 1970s as the end of the innocent age of UFOlogy,

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Great thread. As soon as I started reading I hoped you'd come to the Mountbatten thing, and you did. What these indicents have in common with other sightings is that we're always left with questions. Not just mundane things about little green men from planet Pluto (as if). But there's always something extremely weird about them. Someone or something's playing mind games.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

what you said there sums up how it feels.. its as if ...they used to be cautious and pluck people, but after the 70s it seems theyr more forthcomming with certain members of our human race...probably tactical.
and now its seems foundations have been laid for an ideology taking over humanity that is not in any way in humanities interest...

but im sticking with the idea that there are no such thing as aliens from another dimension/galaxy.
anything like this is domestic,,,probably a group, of humans on earth, isolated and far more advanced than the mainstream...just toys of the rich..lol

peace and respect

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yes the Fred Briggs story could have been a complete fabrication because he was late. Maybe the snow had delayed him and then he simply lost his balance and fell off his bike?

There is the small matter of the melted snow though. According to reports there was a perfect circular pattern of melted snow under where the object had been sighted. However if you scrutinize the witness statements it only states "..the snow at the bottom of the meadow had melted much more than at the top and it would have been difficult to see any marks."

Mountbatten considered him a fairly unimaginative man. If he'd managed to concoct such a story then Briggs had been severely under-estimated.

As for the Janus story. The name Janus relates to a two-faced entity. Whether there is significance to that I don't really know. It could be that the whole tale was made up to sell a book in 1997 (50 years after a certain event). It maybe that the incident has a more down to earth explanation to extract information from Horsley.

Whatever the truth both incidents are great little stories.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thank you for a most excellent and interesting thead

I had no idea that ufology was such a strong interest throughout the royal family.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Yes, but they're not the good guys. In fact, whether soonish or after my passing over, I've been shown their arrests, and hold that vision up ever day. Rothchild's too. And while I keep being told that they are just front people for the true power, which no one sees the face of published, I always wondered why I seem to recognize their energy so strongly, be opposite energy, and keep seeing this Team of Blue Uniformed Angel-Et's arresting them, and being one of them, doing it with them. I definitely hold that image up in prayer now as well.

Et connection to the royal family?
I really don't think they're human.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Great thread. As soon as I started reading I hoped you'd come to the Mountbatten thing, and you did. What these indicents have in common with other sightings is that we're always left with questions. Not just mundane things about little green men from planet Pluto (as if). But there's always something extremely weird about them. Someone or something's playing mind games.

Thanks wigit.

We will probably never know what Prince Philip and his Uncle Louis Mountbatten have found out about UFOs. I can't even remember where I saw it now but I did read that one of them tried to get information via a third party on what the Americans knew about the subject and they were politely refused. Despite being our closest Allies it seemed that UFOs were an area were co-operation was not on the agenda.

Another observation I would make is that our (British) UFO stories reflect the quirky, eccentric character of our small islands whilst the North American ones seem much more diverse in nature and also contain most of the big blockbuster stories. Except for Rendlesham - but that was made by the Americans too!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Great thread.
Thoroughly enjoyed reading.

This is something I'd never heard of......fascinating.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

peace and respect

What happened in the 70's ? Everybody was stoned and no one remembered to look up.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Great thread Mirage...

You're right about the Briggs incident, some say the later recanting was to play it all down others say the "excuse" simply careered away out of his control, hard to know for sure. It was and still is said that, the reason the Sun, News of the World and the Daily Mail printed UFO stories was at least, in part, to curry favour up at Buck house

The Mr Janus story, is probably one of the most fascinating stories in British Ufology. I can understand that it might have been an internal security set up and yet, I really do doubt they would have been given clearance to actually disseminate such sensitive information when, they could well have been being spied on by outside parties themselves.

I've mentioned this before, when I first moved to London to attend college in 1976, many of those involved in the UFO field were very "old school" and at times it was like being part of a "Gentleman's Club". During my tenure from 76-80, there was a definite "political agenda" crept into the upper echelons of the ranks of Ufologists, not one I was truly aware of the full extent of until later. Then again, given the person who might be considered my "mentor" at that time it was probably no surprise as I would have been viewed, quite possibly as, on the "wrong side". Lets just say, whilst one might share a general sweep of certain conclusions that many were coming to, one's interpretation of those conclusions could be chalk and cheese, in terms of the ramifications and the reality of what they were perceived as constituting, threat wise.

However, if the Royal family bought into what Gordon Creighton and a swathe of his fellow Ufologists began to buy into, explanation wise, then were and still maybe, definite political ramifications involved and, funnily enough, they are on the same sort of level of the accusations Icke accuses the Royal family themselves of being involved in.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Great thread!
Good research and intriguing ideas !
Hmm. I wonder if the Janus flights in and out of
Groom Lake are named for Mr. Janus?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
However, if the Royal family bought into what Gordon Creighton and a swathe of his fellow Ufologists began to buy into, explanation wise, then were and still maybe, definite political ramifications involved and, funnily enough, they are on the same sort of level of the accusations Icke accuses the Royal family themselves of being involved in.

Well, I'm sure many British Ufologists would like to cough and change the subject, but what FireMoon refers to is the early incantation of, let's say…a dimensional explanation.

From Admiral of the Fleet Lord Hil-Norton to Gordon Creighton to BUFORA founding President, Graham Knewstub to to Captain Ivan Mackay to Roger Stanway to BUFORA investigator Randall Jones Pugh…they all decided the phenomenon represented the Aliens are Demons hypothesis:

During his long editorship, these bizarre views found a home in the very mouthpiece of ‘serious’ ufology. For a time, anyone who was anyone in the subject read FSR. And, as a result, a number of very well known names were drawn into this web – including some of those from Britain’s largest UFO organisation, BUFORA.

Three former chairmen of BUFORA, including the founding President, Graham Knewstub, along with Capt Ivar Mackay and Roger Stanway, became convinced that UFOs were of demonic origin. Both Knewstub and Stanway were originally believers in nuts-and-bolts spacecraft, but their views changed when their involvement in ufology came into direct conflict with their religious beliefs.

Gordon Creighton, Ufologist, Editor Flying Saucer Review

...then I scratched beneath the surface and found a mountain of literature and even a society dedicated to promoting the demonic theory. The former editor of Britain’s Flying Saucer Review, Gordon Creighton, was until his recent death the best-known demonologist in the UK. But what is not so well known is that, as recently as 1996, a group of ‘concerned ufologists’ which included Creighton and the founding President of BUFORA, Graham Knewstub, privately circulated a report warning of the demonic origins of UFOs.

The UFO Concern Report was copied to several hundred ufologists, MPs and peers of the realm and was endorsed by none other than Lord Hill-Norton, a former British Chief of Defence Staff.

Admiral of the Fleet, Lord Hill-Norton

Hill-Norton, who died in 2003, shortly after Creighton, is usually quoted by UFO proponents as someone who, given his military contacts, should have known what he was talking about. So it is interesting to find Hill-Norton writing, in the memorandum which launched the report, that UFOs were "essentially a religious matter" rather than a military threat from outer space, and that furthermore: "There is certainly a degree of psychical involvement in almost every case…

… He found the extraterrestrial hypothesis, prevalent in the media and ufology, an unsatisfactory explanation for the phenomenon. Gradually, he came to believe the contacts and messages passed on by the UFO occupants were, at least partly, demonic in origin.

…Inglesby saw the decline of traditional religion and the arrival of New Age and UFO-based religious cults such as the Moonies as a sign that the End Times were imminent. Of course, this wasn’t a new idea, or one exclusive to Christians.

As forteans are well aware, belief in the approaching apocalypse is a massively important theme throughout the history of ufology. It is particularly associated with UFO cults whose leaders have predicted world cataclysms in messages supposedly passed on by the space people. Fundamentalists, however, interpret these messages as being demonically inspired.

Fortean Times Article: Flying Saucers from Hell by Dr. David Clarke

edit on 25-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join