It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actual question, not trolling: Why do Christians support a Jewish-run Israel?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

This phenomenon is more or less restricted to the US. In European countries Christian Zionism is very uncommon. In the last years dispensationalism and with it Christian Zionism has found a little more adherents. Behind this development is the usage of the Scofield-Bible. The Scofield-Bible has lots of footnotes which advise the reader to worship Israel and they also push the believe in a certain type of Christian eschatology (you would for example be hard pressed to find an European Chrisitian who has heard about the rapture, finding one who actually believes in this nonsense would be nearly impossible). US Christians believe in Zionism and support for Israel is founded on the teachings of the Scofield-Bible.

One central believe which is pushed through the Scofield-bible is the believe, that: "Those who bless Israel will be blessed, and those who curse Israel will be cursed."

The Oxford University Press is still continuing to insert "Israel-friendly and eschatology-pushing" footnotes in the newer versions of the Scofield-bible.

Here is a very informative video [length 1:00:48] which explains how the Scofield-bible has influenced Christian Zionists, who Scofield was, Scofield's connections to Jewish financiers, who uses this bible to teach Christianity and what kind of changes effected the Scofield-bible in the years after Scofield's death.

The roots of Christian Zionism: How Scofield sowed seeds of apostasy

Here an article called The Zionist-Created Scofield 'Bible' The Source Of The Problem In The Mideast - Part 2 Why Judeo-Christians Support War, By C. E. Carlson which provides some additional information.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Modern Israel is not a holy nation, Skorpion is right on this matter. Those who are not secular, are orthodox or ultra-orthodox jews, minus the christian and messianic jewish elements and the muslim.

Glad to see another Christian not deceived on this matter.

Watch out for future events for it may be greatly influenced by non-God approved current State of Israel.

If they go out to war, possibly even losing, then someone rescues them from Heaven at their current, Unholy state, it is not God but something else, a false God, false messiah, even a false Jesus! Using UFO technology/wonders, etc...

This false prophet will side with the rest of the Christians who will stand by the current corrupt Israel - they will be many!! You can bet at least 2 billion people!!

The false prophet will exercise iron rule as the real Jesus would but instead would direct it's wrath towards the very FEW Christians who would oppose the false doctrine popular today.

Most Christians who will be deceived that a new law is in effect, will also go after the FEW opposing Christians, persecute, even kill them, and believe they are doing a great thing for Jesus.

Then the real Jesus will come to save his elect FEW. The event will utterly surprise many. It will utterly dwarf the arrival party that the false prophet did. It will strike tremendous fear into the hearts of the many. If you fear thousands, even millions of invading flying saucers in the sky both small and planet-sized, the arrival of Jesus is infinitely more scary!!

Many will probably be simply scared to death!

The jews at the time of Jesus(pbuh) did not accepted him as Messiah.
Ideally they all should have and today we would just have "messianic jews"
Jesus(pbuh)said, "i come not but for the lost sheep of israel"
there wasnt supposed to be any christianity other than for jews.
Paul hopped along and gave a nice packaged easy fast food like religion, no circumcision, no dietry laws, no sabbath, just believe that the sins have been paid for by Jesus(pbuh) and you are on highway to heaven..
As i said b4 that jews rejected the true Messiah, so they are waiting still, an easy meal for the false messiah whenever he comes.

So Jesus(pbuh) would come not just to clear up matters to jews but also clear up the confusing about his alleged divinity.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenshrew
One central believe which is pushed through the Scofield-bible is the believe, that: "Those who bless Israel will be blessed, and those who curse Israel will be cursed."

Many bless the wrong Israel and scary part is...

....Many are cursing the True Israel!!!!

Anyone who would stand up for Jesus, mercy, justice, love, and righteousness. Those would place such high value to the things of the Spirit, they are willing to die for Him, those who would absolutely detest money, possessions, and the Pride of Life!!

They are the true Israel!!! They are the sheep who hunger for the Bread of Life, NOT the flesh!! These are those under the New Covenant where the laws have been written in their hearts. They are do not sacrifice!! They are not under the law!!

For they have been reborn of the spirit that they have new instincts, new nature!!! They will have passion for seeking God, seeking the lost, and helping the poor and the oppressed NOT because someone told them, NOT because they read it from the Bible, but out of their new nature as new creation in Christ!!

These are the ones who keep telling you, the flesh will kill you!! But you keep ignoring them, you laugh at them, you scorn them for you love the flesh so much!! You can never give it up for you never have been truly reborn, therefore, are not of God's seed! Not of Israel!!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

Originally posted by Drunkenshrew

Many bless the wrong Israel and scary part is...

....Many are cursing the True Israel!!!!

Indeed. I suspect that there are more descendants of the tribe of Judah in Iran, Muslim or otherwise, than in the country calling itself "Israel." The very lion on the Iranian flag is the Lion of the tribe of Judah. Remember that only a small group of Jews (~50,000) went back to Palestine in the time of Ezra and Nehemiah. Most remained in Persia, now Iran, and never went "home."

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well Israel should be with Jews .Otherwise radical islam will wipe out Jerusalem's monuments as they are trying to do in Egypt once they are majority.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
Why is it that so many Christians and conservatives support a Jewish-run Israel, basically being 100% behind wiping out Islam? Do they not think that Israel will then turn against Christians? If they can't play well with one religion, they won't be able to play well with any religion.

Hey something here to roll around in your mind. Look at Rev 13 and you'll see a beast. One of its heads gets a "fatal wound" then suddenly that "wound" is "miraculously" healed and lo and behold- it's back again. It's a miracle revival from the dead! People start saying "Who is like [him]? Who can make war with [him]?" Look again and you'll see it- this [something] is in "perdition" and then, lo and behold, here he comes "out of perdition" for "a short time"?

Hm. Now go to a "rapture prophecy 100% accurate bible prophecy fly away with Jesus!" forum. Note how they all say things like "No nation is like Israel- they are chosen of God" "Look how Israel wins all their wars! They can't be beat! God fights for them! Let Islam just try and attack Israel they will LOSE because Israel is CHOSEN BY GOD!"

I once for fun started a thread on one such channel entitled :

WHO IS LIKE UNTO ISRAEL? WHO CAN MAKE WAR WITH HIM?

The replies poured in PRAISE GOD!

Then I responded- "Wait. Isn't this what people say about THE BEAST?

BANNED! BURN IN HELL ANTI-SEMITE!

Now, I know you may be saying "But doesn't all the world end up saying this?" I say, oh yes. WATCH.

1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Weird. So all these "Christians" suppor who the bible plainly calls "antichrist". Huh. Imagine that.

*let me note here that this does not mean Jews are evil or something (in fact, salvation of of the Jews- Jesus and the apostles were all Jews, and there are Jews who confess Jesus as Messiah). They are all just confused like most everyone else. The Lord does love them- it's just that certain things must first come to pass so we all come to a better understanding that "zeal without knowledge" is the most dangerous thing.

Re 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
edit on 11-11-2012 by MrCobb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
please delete.
edit on 11-11-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Why is it that so many Christians and conservatives support a Jewish-run Israel, basically being 100% behind wiping out Islam?

What does supporting Jewish control of Israel have to do with wiping out Islam? According to Wikipedia Muslims make up 16% of the Israeli population and they have complete freedom of religion.

en.wikipedia.org...

Muslims are trying to wipe out Judaism, not the other way around.

The territory of Israel belongs to the Jews because God gave it to them.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by theophilus40

Why is it that so many Christians and conservatives support a Jewish-run Israel, basically being 100% behind wiping out Islam?

What does supporting Jewish control of Israel have to do with wiping out Islam? According to Wikipedia Muslims make up 16% of the Israeli population and they have complete freedom of religion.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hey no offense intended by you must've missed this:

Mt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

The obvious state is made clear all through the scripture should anyone actually bother to read it. The carnal Jews have been removed from the state of fellowship with the Lord; now they're just like the rest of the "goyim" with zero benefits, and zero inheritence of the Lord: crucifying Him was kind of a deal breaker:

Jer 18:7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

The only reason carnal Israel exists right now is to misdirect you and others with the same carnal mindset from recognizing the TRUE Israel of God: Jesus. In fact, calling that land over there "Israel" is actually blasphemy against Christ, the TRUE Israel (this is why the beast is said to have the NAME OF BLASPHEMY):

Of the Jews:

Jer 2:21 Yet I had planted thee a noble vine, wholly a right seed: how then art thou turned into the degenerate plant of a strange vine unto me?

Of Christ:

Joh 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

Ga 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Of His coming it is said:

Jer 8:13 I will surely consume them, saith the LORD: there shall be no grapes on the vine, nor figs on the fig tree, and the leaf shall fade; and the things that I have given them shall pass away from them.

No figs on the fig tree? The leaf shall fade?

Mt 21:19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.

Jesus talked about the sign of the fig tree putting forth leaves again (1948) but that doesn't mean a good thing: it just means carnal Israel is about to face the wrath of God:

Ps 78:49 He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them.

Anyone ready for an angelic invasion?
edit on 12-11-2012 by MrCobb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theophilus40

No, Muslims are only responding to the persecutions and war-mongering of the Jews.

The territory of Canaan was given to the tribes of Israel by YHWH, only one of which was Judah. Most Jews in old Canaan land today have no genetic relationship to the tribe of Judah.

Your position is invalid.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theophilus40

Muslims are trying to wipe out Judaism

Actually, the jews think its the christians who are trying to wipe out Judaism with missionary work.... which is why the jews are running counter-missionary movements.
wiki

www.jewsforjudaism.org...
www.beingjewish.com...
www.aishdas.org...
www.outreachjudaism.org...

edit on 18-11-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join