It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packers Get The Shaft, BIG TIME! WORST Call In NFL History!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Yup..these refs are incompetent. One signaled TD while the other signaled a touchback due to the INT. That was funny though,because they looked right at each other and made completely different calls!! As upset as a lot of people are though,it is only one game. But these kinds of calls are going to keep happening until the real refs are back.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

even regular referees get calls wrong. as in this example here:

seattletimes.com...

this not only cost the team a win, but cost a championship:

The game included several questionable calls:

--- Receiver Darrell Jackson was called for offensive pass interference during a play, in which he caught a Matt Hasselbeck pass in the end zone. Seattle settled for a field goal instead of a 7-0 lead.

--- The Seahawks appeared to have stopped Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger at the goal-line plane on his 1-yard score late in the first half that gave the Steelers a 7-3 lead. Leavy upheld the call after a replay review.

--- Early in the fourth quarter, tackle Sean Locklear was called for holding on a pass completion that would have put the Seahawks at the Pittsburgh 1, poised for the go-ahead touchdown. After the penalty, Hasselbeck threw an interception.

--- Hasselbeck was called for an illegal low block and given a 15-yard penalty on a tackle after the interception.

so bad call or not, these things happen.
bad call or not, teams win or lose by them,
bad call or not, replacement refs don't make bigger mistakes than regular refs. they make the same mistakes.
was this monday night the worst call in NFL history? not by a long shot.
edit on 25-9-2012 by subfab because: spell check

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
reply to post by nightstalker78

it looks like this pic is after both players were on the ground, the defender rolled away.
once both players hit the ground the play is over. so it wouldn't matter if the defender rolled away with the ball or not.

Normally I would agree with you.But if you watch replays it's Jennings who catches the ball.There is no way in hell Tate would've let that ball go had he caught it,even after the play would be considered officially dead.He would've kept to,given that it would be the game winning TD.He never caught the ball.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

i'm a boxing fan first a NFL fan second.
i casually watch the NFL mainly because of the fantasy football league i'm in.
i like the seahawks. they too have had their share of bad officiating. after the superbowl where they lost by controvercial descision making, i gripped. i understand the frustration green bay fans are feeling. not one steeler fan said hey we lost that one.

the steeler fans, the steeler team and the NFL went on without looking back. i intend to do the same.

they both had their hand on the ball when both players hit the ground. this play was reviewed. the call remained a touchdown.

regular refs, replacement refs,
i see no difference.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

What are you? Blind?

You are in denial as to what happened.

At least admit the facts. Jennings caught and held the bloody ball. Tate tried to take it away.

One "official" got it right and one got it wrong.

Those are the FACTS.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

of course even regular refs make a bunk call... not just in the NFL, but in all sports. heck, the NBA had a scandal with a crooked ref fixing point spreads. talk about bunk calls!

i, myself, ref a pee-wee flag league and OOF did i give the 'away team' a bad spot in the 3rd quarter!
uuugglyyy.

point is... these replacement refs are consistently making terrible calls. too many to list, but a highlight from Sunday was the phantom 12 yards the refs gave to the Titans in overtime (spotting the ball on the wrong 44 yard line). that call very well likely cost Detroit the game. or how about the TWO extra challenges given to the 49ers. etc.

not to mention the general lack of control the replacement-refs have that very well may lead to someone getting hurt. players are taking advantage of the weak refs... and someone will get injured because of it.

so yes... refs make mistakes.... as do players. but not at this consistent and flamboyant level. the real refs are professionals that are highly trained for the grueling demands of the nfl. these poor subs... well, i envy them not. nor do i blame them. they are in a most difficult position.

it is the miser's up top who are nickelling and diming their empoyees out of a fair pension who deserve the scorn.

anyhow.,.. as said earlier in the thread; this is all just a distraction. but gee... it's nice not to talk about impending doom once and a while. unless your a Packer's fan, in which case the apocalypse is upon us!

and lordy help us all, if the Pack miss the playoffs by 1 game!

edit on 25-9-2012 by mythos because: tidy it up

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

Well there is a HUGE difference between the replacement refs and the regular refs. And it wasn't even just last night game. It's been every game this year. They don't know the rules. Yes,the regular refs make mistakes too but not like these guys.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I stopped watching NFL football years ago when it became obvious that the games are rigged.the officials are only there to make sure that the team that is suppose to win actual does win.

I agree to an extent, this is more true today for all major sports than it ever was. One of the most blatant was the superbowl loss by the Seahawks to the Steelers. After that game I was in shock at the bias on the field. I thought that this must have been some reward to someone who works for the state of Pennsylvania after the state "voted" Republican.

BTW Russell Wilson does look very good back there.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

It's okay conspiracy88, Jude and I have already cleared the air on this matter. But thank you.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
who gives a frik the whole thing is rigged,

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by passit

Originally posted by Tardacus
I stopped watching NFL football years ago when it became obvious that the games are rigged.the officials are only there to make sure that the team that is suppose to win actual does win.

I agree to an extent, this is more true today for all major sports than it ever was. One of the most blatant was the superbowl loss by the Seahawks to the Steelers. After that game I was in shock at the bias on the field. I thought that this must have been some reward to someone who works for the state of Pennsylvania after the state "voted" Republican.

BTW Russell Wilson does look very good back there.

as a boxing fan i see questionable officiating quite often.
this combined with the fact that top fighters wont fight other top fighters is killing the sport of boxing.

at least in the NFL, the teams play just about everyone. the real challenge for NFL teams comes when they reach the playoffs. the stress level for players, coaches, team owners and referees when they reach the post season, must be through the roof. if the NFL is still using the substitute referees during the post season, hopefully they will be seasoned enough to not be the deciding factor to the winner or loser.

edit on 26-9-2012 by subfab because: spell check

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

one thing the players can do to get the change they want to see is to strike.

show support for the referee's union and strike with them. it would go a lot farther to help their cause than tweeting or facebooking.

just a thought.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Basically, the ref was like Packers suck, and walked away with millions.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Ohhh you want to cry about how the Packers got skrewed and lost because of a bad call??

As a vikings fan I want to hear allll about it. I'm curious because that NEEEEVER happens to my team.

Originally posted by unb3k44n7
I'm definitely a Packer fan. Lived my whole life right here in Wisconsin.Tonight during the Packers vs. Seahawks game the worst call in the history of the NFL happened, and boy was it sickening. Tonight, Russel Wilson became the first NFL quarterback to ever throw a game-winning interception.

Apparently pass interference now consists of 'standing nearby'....That was THE worst officiated game ever! Seriously!!! Go back to officiating high schoolers! Jennings HAD THE BALL!!!

Boycott the NFL!

You better bet that if this had happened in Green Bay those refs would not have made it out of the stadium to make it back home for dinner!!!!!

If this happened in Green Bay there would be riots from raging Packer Fans ... and they are a peaceful people!!

Foot Locker called... They want their employees back.

Bleacher Report Article
bleacherreport.com...

edit on 25-9-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Just saw the news about the temporary refs involved. The one who called it a touchdown was a Bank exec? So evidently the Banks are still calling the shots here in America and as normal their view of things is distorted.
If a Bank is involved you know that the real winners become losers.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

They missed several offensive pass interference calls during the game as well. One of them was called defensive interference when it was very clearly offensive. These guys haven't got a clue as to what the rules are. It's time for them to go. By the way I'm a bills fan so the outcome of that game really didn't matter to me. However right is right and these refs have no clue. Get rid of them before somebody gets seriously hurt or killed.
edit on 9/26/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
For those who are pointing out that this is a personal Packers thing, it isn't. The whole country is talking about this call. I'd say that makes it a pretty blatant bad call.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I've been a Packer fan all my life and you would have to be blind not to see who had control of the ball both during and after the catch.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
looked like a touchdown to me.
both players had a hand on the ball.
when both players came down on the ground, the ball was on top of the seattle player. the green bay player rolled off of the seattle player after they were down.

it looked to me like they both had possesion of the ball when they came down. call goes to the passing team.
touchdown seattle.

Tate had one arm on the ball... Jennings had the ball clutched with two arms held against his chest....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Just watched the play for the first time and even before the catch there was offensive pass interference so play should have been dead. But the refs were BLIND so see below:

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 5 states:
Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join