It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packers Get The Shaft, BIG TIME! WORST Call In NFL History!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

There was a report that one of the replacement refs actually said to Lesean McCoy (Eagles RB) DURING THE GAME, "I need you for my fantasy team."

“They’re like fans, kind of though,” McCoy said of the replacement officials. “I’ll be honest, they’re like fans. One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team. He was like ‘McCoy, I need you for my fantasy team.' Uh, what?!”

Dallas Morning News

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
And suddenly Scott Walker wants unions back.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Here's the deal. If the Packers hadn't wanted the game to rest on a single play, they should have scored more points, then one bad call wouldn't have mattered in the least. Instead, they made themselves vulnerable. A bad call can happen on ANY play, as it did on there three drives earlier in the game--bad call after bad call--all in the Packer's favor.

How about the one where the Hawks, probably Browner, got called for pass interference to extend the Packers touchdown drive. That was just as horrible a call and the Packers would have to punt the ball and not score on that drive. After watching the refs keep all three Packers scoring drives alive with blown calls, I don't feel the least bit bad about getting a win on another blown call, no. If the refs had gotten just one of those three blown calls right rather than artificially extending all three Packers scoring drives, that ending would have never happened. The final score would have been 7-0 Seahawks or at most, 7-3.

And, of course, there was the Packer's non-goal against the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Quit whining about the refs. They're bad for the Hawks, bad for the Packers, bad for the NFL. Everybody gets a dose of the bad. Kind of like life.

It's called poetic justice. Karma. What goes around comes around. Suck it up and stay classy.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

We'll be talking again in January.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The amount the pension for the refs amounts to $2 million per year or about $60,000 to $70,000 per team. The NFL is a $9 BILLION a year industry......think about that.....

Greedy? Sure. But what else? When asked, RG said he doesn't get a pension and neither do 90% of Americans, so why should the refs?

Am I crazy or financially naive to think if you offer good pay and good benefits, folks are going to break their necks to retain that employment? How high do I need to jump?

Am I crazy or financially naive to think if you offer s*** pay and s*** benefits, well, you get what you pay for?

Am I crazy or financially naive to think if you offer s*** pay and s*** benefits to absolutely everyone and that no other opportunities exist but s*** pay and s*** benefits, that it is crazy to believe somehow now you will get the cream of the crop?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Good point. This game's result could end up being pretty consequential considering the number of teams in the NFC that look like playoff contenders. Packers have a tough schedule, too. They still have the Texans, Lions 2x, Giants, Saints, Cardinals, Bears, and even two against the Vikings may not be so easy.

Jax, Tennesee, Indy, and Rams might be sure wins for them, so they'll probably need five wins against the above to get to 10 and be safe. Not easy.
edit on 9/25/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The catch or interception should not be the issue here.The offensive pass interference call that was missed in front of the play would have negated that call, had it been called.It was blatent and the ref was looking right at it.....results no flag. Nobody paid to call a game by the rules could possibly missed that, unless there was another reason for calling the play different.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

There were bad calls both ways all night. It's been that way all season for every game.Yes,the Packers couldn't do # in the first half.But neither did the Seahawks.The difference was the Packers adjusted and moved the ball in the 2nd half while the Seahawks didn't,they scored enough points to win so it doesn't matter how many they scored,just that they scored more then the other team.I really don't know how anyone can watch that play and call it a touchdown.Unless you're a Seahawks fan.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

or a mole.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

It SHOULD have been called but sadly,they never call pass interference on a hail mary. I don't know why, but even the regular refs never do.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Any other football fans here think Russel Wilson is awesome, though? Didn't deserve to win this one, but I think he's a pretty good player. Loved watching him at Wisconsin last year. Also, I played baseball in high school so I love the fact that he played a summer in the minor leagues. Guy's a great athlete and seems like he has high character.

And the name Russell Wilson is great for an athlete. That's sort of like a guitarist being named Gibson Fender.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
That was absolutely offensive pass interference. They usually don't call PI in hail marry situations unless there is only one receiver and he pushes the defenders and that was the case. I have no Idea how they missed that and also made the wrong call on who had more control of the ball. Absolutely terrible WTF did the White hat main ref have money on the game? The other ref knew it was an interception and signaled so and the main ref signaled TD. That should never happen without more discussion between the refs.
edit on 25-9-2012 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Also,it matters because it cost the packers a WIN. It wasn't just a blown call,it was on the final play of the game.See this pic,then tell me with a straight face,that Tate had the ball.

i.imgur.com...

You can clearly see Jennings has the ball,with both arms,on his chest.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I can't believe the NFL let that call stand. Is there no mechanism to challenge such incompetence?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Great picture. You can totally see it clearly. What is even crazier id the officials leg is in the shot...right there! The one who signaled TD! Amazing....

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

A lot of people in the sports circuit referenced this rule today:

The talking heads are specifically referring to rule 17, section 2, article 1, titled "Extraordinarily Unfair Acts — Commissioner Authority."

Here it is: The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which he deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game.

I took it as fact that he could overturn the call, but the article I just found also adds this.

That makes it sound like Goodell can overturn the final score. But, here is article 2:

The authority and measure provided for in this entire Section 2 do not constitute a protest machinery for NFL clubs to avail themselves of in the event a dispute arises over the result of a game...The Commissioner will not apply his authority in cases of complaints by clubs concerning judgmental errors or routine errors of omission by game officials. Games involving such complaints will continue to stand as completed.

In other words, the commissioner is not allowed to overturn a bad call. Period.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

I'd call this an extraordinary circumstance. These men are playing with amateur officials "in charge". Personally, I think their decisions should be subject to review.

Has anyone read if the pro refs have tendered an opinion on this debacle, or is that disallowed?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This was one of the absolute worst calls that I have seen in an NFL game in years. Jennings had complete control of the ball all the way to the ground. It clearly shows on the replays that he had control and possession of the ball on the way down. Absolutely no reason that should have been a touchdown. Should have been blown dead as a touchback with the interception by Green Bay which would have ended the game. If you watch the touchdown over and over. it will show that Tate never retained possession of the ball when the catch was made. You can clearly see that Jennings did in fact intercept the pass.

It clearly states in the NFL rule book that if a defensive player and an offensive player come down with the ball at the same time. The play is blown dead as a touchback with the ball being placed on the twenty yard line of the intercepting team. For it to have been ruled a touchdown. The intended receiver must maintain possession and control of the ball from the completed catch to the ball being controlled and to both feet touching the ground while maintaining possession.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

it looks like this pic is after both players were on the ground, the defender rolled away.
once both players hit the ground the play is over. so it wouldn't matter if the defender rolled away with the ball or not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join