It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packers Get The Shaft, BIG TIME! WORST Call In NFL History!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I'm definitely a Packer fan. Lived my whole life right here in Wisconsin.Tonight during the Packers vs. Seahawks game the worst call in the history of the NFL happened, and boy was it sickening. Tonight, Russel Wilson became the first NFL quarterback to ever throw a game-winning interception.

Apparently pass interference now consists of 'standing nearby'....That was THE worst officiated game ever! Seriously!!! Go back to officiating high schoolers! Jennings HAD THE BALL!!!

Boycott the NFL!

You better bet that if this had happened in Green Bay those refs would not have made it out of the stadium to make it back home for dinner!!!!!

If this happened in Green Bay there would be riots from raging Packer Fans ... and they are a peaceful people!!

Foot Locker called... They want their employees back.

Bleacher Report Article
bleacherreport.com...

edit on 25-9-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

post the vid

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I watched this it was insanity. Nice thread, but probably noone will pay attention to it sports get shunned on ATS.

Sorry, but I was happy about it. I'm a vikings fan and also love Russel Wilson. Also, it was just great drama and entertainment.

But yeah, they really need to get the refs back in there. In the Vikings game they gave Jim Harbaugh (49ers coach) a challenge when he had no timeouts, then when he won the challenge they gave him a timeout. Which he used for another extra challenge.

The ridiculous calls are really stacking up. And the pace of the games are awful with all of the PI calls. It's just not good, not good.

Nice post. Flag from me.

I often see sports stories as metaphor or indicators for greater society. Like there might be some sort of subliminal implication in the refs lockout and the madness on field. Like if the establishment were to collapse, chaos would ensue and all justice would be loss. But that's highly skeptical.

edit on 9/25/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

In case he doesn't.

Not the best look, but if you see at the end it's pretty clear that the defender intercepted it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
looked like a touchdown to me.
both players had a hand on the ball.
when both players came down on the ground, the ball was on top of the seattle player. the green bay player rolled off of the seattle player after they were down.

it looked to me like they both had possesion of the ball when they came down. call goes to the passing team.
touchdown seattle.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
So the Packers lost? No wonder my multibet flunked

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

I'm a "SHE"

And THANK YOU for posting the video

I DID HAVE the link for the video before but when I retyped my post I forgot to paste it in again. Whoops!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Seahawks baby!

Haha. You have to admit they played a better game (leaving officiating out of it) annnd the hawks got some stiff calls too.

Sea chickens deserve it ; ]

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

My bad my bad. Us men are such stereotypical pigs. Theres noooo way a woman is posting a football thread. Nooooo way.

After I posted, I actually thought to myself there's a chance its not a he. But then i was like, naaa.

Maybe your avatar and pink writing should have rung a bell. But, I'm an idiot forgive me.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
And the Romans keep winning,

What are your thoughts on National and Global events? Food, Economy, Industry, Human Rights, War...

Just curious.

Personally, the currant sports standings are nothing but a distraction and this thread is better served in a sports site.

We have many other issues to deal with than the local distractions from issues of greater importance and relevance.

Sorry, just had to say it..

Peace

edit on 25-9-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Honestly, I gotta get another look at it but from the vid that's been posted on here, I gotta say... looks like a touchdown.

I'm bummed that I didn't watch the game now. I completely forgot it was on tonight. I was excited for getting my hands on fifa 13!!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Here is the play in slow mo and from different angles

www.youtube.com...

SMH..........................................

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Actually, following sports can provide a ton of cultural insight and often times story lines are applicable to overall society.

For example, the bigger story of this thread is that the normal referees of the league are in a contract dispute with the team owners.

Owners vs. workers....any parallels there?

How about having unqualified officials making calls in the game?

Plus, this website HAS a sports section. Why the need to come in here and rain negativity all over it? That type of behavior is pretty indicative of the cultural problems faced as they relate to the topics discussed in political forums. Pretty put off by your post, as you can see.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by jude11

Actually, following sports can provide a ton of cultural insight and often times story lines are applicable to overall society.

For example, the bigger story of this thread is that the normal referees of the league are in a contract dispute with the team owners.

Games are nothing but a distraction.

IPODS, Arenas and fields will keep us entertained while the elite play out their agendas when the masses are being entertained (distraction).

referees vs players? Is this REALLY important right now and is it going to play an integral role in today's issue's?

Sports.com...better served and the perfect distraction...IMO.

I won't go into detail as it's a subject beaten to death even before me but it's easy to search here on ATS.

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Oh, I see. The REFS are the reason the Packers couldn't score the whole game. Here I thought it was the Seahawks defense putting Rodgers on his butt, but it was the REFS telling Rodgers to fall down. Now I get it.

Bad call or not, if your team can lose because of one call, you don't get the de facto win. Nothing about the Packers' performance tells me they got screwed. The better football team won last night, that's all there is to it.

For the record, I'm in Chicago but hate the Bears. I'm extremely disappointed with the NFL this year. C'mon basketball! (Not excited about the Bulls this year either, but rather the entire NBA.)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by jude11

Games are nothing but a distraction.

IPODS, Arenas and fields will keep us entertained while the elite play out their agendas when the masses are being entertained (distraction).

referees vs players? Is this REALLY important right now and is it going to play an integral role in today's issue's?

Sports.com...better served and the perfect distraction...IMO.

I won't go into detail as it's a subject beaten to death even before me but it's easy to search here on ATS.

Peace

Right. Sports = distraction.
Ancient Aliens TV show = distraction
Israeli-Iranian pissing contest = distraction
China/Japan territorial dispute = distraction
War on terror = distraction

Uhmm... what exactly are we being distracted from, and how are you accomplishing it on the internet?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I am very opinionated and focused on the subjects of National and global events, food, economy, industry, human rights and war. Among many other topics that are very important in this world.

Maybe you will be surprised that, in fact, I do agree with you and your decision to point out that sports and other forms of entertainment serve as a distraction to the general population,OVERWHELMINGLY. However, I am not asleep. I keep close tabs on the events in the world around me and am aware... I know many other are NOT.

In most cases I would not choose to author a thread on something as offtopic as this, but I felt it was important news to get out at the time, because of how unfair and HUGE it was in the world of sports & history.

Out of all the threads on ATS I highly doubt this 1 thread will serve to disrupt an entire network of conspiracy-related threads. It's healthy to be entertained once and a while too.
And as such, there exists a forum for sports on ATS...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by unb3k44n7
reply to post by jude11

I am very opinionated and focused on the subjects of National and global events, food, economy, industry, human rights and war. Among many other topics that are very important in this world.

Maybe you will be surprised that, in fact, I do agree with you and your decision to point out that sports and other forms of entertainment serve as a distraction to the general population,OVERWHELMINGLY. However, I am not asleep. I keep close tabs on the events in the world around me and am aware... I know many other are NOT.

In most cases I would not choose to author a thread on something as offtopic as this, but I felt it was important news to get out at the time, because of how unfair and HUGE it was in the world of sports & history.

Out of all the threads on ATS I highly doubt this 1 thread will serve to disrupt an entire network of conspiracy-related threads. It's healthy to be entertained once and a while too.
And as such, there exists a forum for sports on ATS...

Absolutely well said.

I can understand shutting oneself off from a particular realm of culture, like... movies. I am not a movie person. BUT, for as dumb as I think a lot of movies are, I respect the fact that most people I'll ever interact with will have some familiarity with things that I will not. That can be intimidating, and it's a natural reaction to be negative towards that particular thing. However, I've found that by being overly negative rather than indifferent, life becomes stressful and one can hurt potential social interactions affecting love, career, friendship, etc.

Long story short, just let us have sports.

EDIT: Also, isn't it trolling to come into a sports thread and bash sports? UFO/Bigfoot/Whatisthispicture threads are appropriate places for pro/con discussion. Bashing the entire concept of sports in the Sports forum is trolling.
edit on 25-9-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I just had brain fart and not sure if there is any truth to this but up here in canada we have this issue with the mob controlling gov jobs just wondering if they have their hands in this just a thought maybe someone with some knowhow could look into this maybe find out who the reffs are and look into their past you never know cause this is a conspiracy site no.
edit on 25-9-2012 by wazzman because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2012 by wazzman because: poor spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Hopefully this will be the catalyst. The only publicly owned team gets shafted by the corporate national football league.

This is a direct strike against the people. I don't think there is any conspiracy here but none the less you have corporate America V.S. regular people.

If this ref thing doesn't get resolved, it's clear indication to me that the national football league cares little about its viewers and their intelligence. They care more about a little money in their pocket. Which is funny because if they lose us as viewers, their bottom line is going to drop out under them in a hurry.

For my own personal input, it should have been an offensive pass interference call on Tate. The video's clearly show him pushing the Green Bay guy in the back before supposedly catching the touchdown pass.

Rules are there for a reason, if you don't follow them, what's the point in watching?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join