It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you eat out, I need to talk to you!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I was just about to post the same thing.

Lets be bigger than this guys and gals.
Lock this into ignore mode folks...not the thread...just the troll.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Springs1

I 100 BILLION PERCENT DISAGREE! Imagine if you waited an HOUR for a table, do you want your server to DELAY you from eating and drinking?

[color=dodgerblue]If you had been paying attention, you would have noticed that I said I work in a sports bar, not a high end restaurant. People don't want an hour for a table where I work. I also am a day person so we are not busy like the night girls are. People come in and are seated immediately. So that would make a difference, no?

I MOSTLY TOTAL DISAGREE with you. The reason is, let's say you want your check let's say this is Red Lobster or Applebee's that the computers are in the dining area. Would you want to wait for your server to buss a table or two making you be held HOSTAGE so you can't leave?

[color=dodgerblue]After the food is delivered and I know they are happy with their meal, I print the check, notate the table number, and write thank you on it. It then goes into my book so I don't have to 'go' get their check. I have it ready. Its called anticipating the customer's needs. I am certainly not holding anyone hostage.

While I can agree it should be all about the customer, I still have a job to do. I have to be able to care for the customer AND do my other duties. The day girls, where I work, don't have a busser or a hostess. We have to make time to seat people and clean up dirty tables.

I don't think that finding ways to be efficient and multitask is being inconsiderate at all. I do find that your assumptions about me and the way I do things are inconsiderate though. Just sayin'..

I have never had one complaint about my service and I have never had one complaint from my employer about the way I do my job.

The OP asked for input and I gave it based on my experience as both a customer and a server, I didn't ask for to pick apart a post that wasn't directed towards you.

[color=deepskyblue]EDIT: I am astounded by some of your responses after reading more of this thread.

Exactly how rude do you need to be?

Want a tip? Here it is, you should have kept about 90% of what you said to yourself.

Oh, and stop it with the cap lock thing. It's annoying.

OH BUT WAIT! You didn't ask for my opinion, did you? That was rude of me, wasn't it? Are you getting my hint here?

You are the sort of customer I dread.

edit on 25-9-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Springs131

NO, you are WAYYYY OFF BASE HERE!! I LOVE THE FOOD. I AM A RANCH PERSON! I go to certain places because of the condiments like Red Lobster has good tartar sauce. Chili's has good ranch.

**************EVERYONE*****************
Please visit this link for an homage to our lost ATS sister
SPRINGS131
and her
**************************LOVE FOR RANCH DRESSING************************

www.nbc.com... (Sorry, it won't embed)

edit on 25-9-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Boy, did you nail it. I laughed so hard I was glad I didn't have a mouth full of hot coffee. That stuff HURTS coming out of the nose.

I just visited the springs1 profile and saw that with only 46 posts she has managed to get a negative ATS point count of 4695. I wonder if that puts her in the running for some kind of
edit on 25-9-2012 by happykat39 because: correction

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

Boy, did you nail it. I laughed so hard I was glad I didn't have a mouth full of hot coffee. That stuff HURTS coming out of the nose.

I just visited the springs1 profile and saw that with only 46 posts she has managed to get a negative ATS point count of 4695. I wonder if that puts her in the running for some kind of
edit on 25-9-2012 by happykat39 because: correction

HUH? I responded to Springs131, and now she's banned. But I noticed she's back as Springs1, and that account is active! Hmmm?

For those of you who are not familiar with Springs131, she is the restaurant customer from Hell. I pity the poor abused servers that end up with this nightmare at their table! If you're not familiar with the screen name, you may also know her by "The rAnCh DrEsSiNg lady" as she is famous for her crazy, excessively punctuated, randomly bolded, erratically italicized, nonsensically capitalized ranch dressing rants.

She even posts as "Springs1" as well. Google both of those nicks and you'll find a plethora of her craziness. I think she is OCD since she just joins forums just to bitch at people. Yet she still copies and pastes and same damn thing since 2004-2005.

dontpokethecrazy.blogspot.com...

Seems that she's FAMOUS

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

It won't play for me. I get the ad, then nothin... Bummer, i bet it's funny!

I know you're not suppose to "feed the trolls" (lol i feel funny saying that) but this I just think this is so odd. Okay i can see people who have a real axe to grind getting so into it they would join a site just to F with people. But over ranch dressing and water just seems so bizarre to me. Is she for real? Does she really feel this way about all this #, or is she making the whole thing up? If she is making it up completely, then why? Did some waitress do something to her in her life like steal her boyfriend or beat her up and now it's her life's mission to aggravate servers?? And if it's real and she really spends hours and hours f ing with waitress online because the serer at applebees didnt write down her refill order...what does she get out of it? If she is for real, I would
****LOVE*** to wait on her!!! no joke

I have waited on quite a few demanding, picky, & impatient people but this lady is all of them in one. Do other people have this crazy waitress hating passion???
ugh
edit on 26-9-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
I think some of us should take a piece of good advice. DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

But if you don't feed the troll they starve!! And that's mythological animal cruelty.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

She posted something on one of the websites I found by Googling her. In it she said that she just loves the chain restaurants. She said she can complain and get free meals. I can't even imagine doing something like that myself. Not that I don't complain when I have a legitimate gripe, but to do it just to cheat an honest business out of their fair earnings - no bloody way. I have never been broke enough in my entire 73 years to take something that wasn't mine by deceptive, dishonest or illegal means.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Try this link to HULU www.hulu.com...

If that doesn't work try Googling "SNL Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing."

edit on 26-9-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

AAAHAHAHA That was perfect!! She is halarious... Nice one buddy

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Last week i waited on a couple. They ordered a stuffed banana pepper AP, and shared it. He ordered a Whaler FF and coleslaw. She ordered a 1/2 rack of ribs, baked&salad dinner AND a Breaded shrimp dinner with baked&salad. She ate all the ribs, 1 salad and 1 potato. She asked for a box. I put the other salad in a box, while I was doing this she says (everything was perfect up to this point, she was chatty and nice) "Ya know these shrimp were burnt?" She ate one and a half. They weren't burnt, She even said something like "I really don't know how they are supposed to look do they look burnt to you?" I said "Well no they don't, they look the way they always look" She says "Well they didn't taste right can you take it off my bill??"

So I go talk to my boss and convince her to NOT comp the whole price of the meal because she was taking the salad and potato with her, so she took off 9 bucks.

I go back and tell her. And she was so confused as to why she wasn't getting the whole meal for free??? then while i was explaining why, and picking up the plate with the shrimp, she says "OHH Can I please take that with me too, my son will eat it, he's a teenager you know they eat anything!" It was nuts, she was full and looking for a free meal!!! It made me sick because she seemed like such a nice person the whole time.
edit on 26-9-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I go back and tell her. And she was so confused as to why she wasn't getting the whole meal for free??? then while i was explaining why, and picking up the plate with the shrimp, she says "OHH Can I please take that with me too, my son will eat it, he's a teenager you know they eat anything!" It was nuts, she was full and looking for a free meal!!! It made me sick because she seemed like such a nice person the whole time.

Unbelievable , that she would even ask for a free meal when she already has the potato and salad boxed, and them expect the shrimp she complained about and was taken off the price.

WOW

Reminds me of the ol.."I found a hair in my food ploy", though I will agree at times it is a legitimate complaint. Had a customer pull this one, with a nearly empty plate of lasagna. He was with a woman and a child. You could tell the woman was uncomfortable about the complaint, but of course the price of his lasagna was taken off the bill, with apologies. After they left. I found a piece of tape stuck to the side of the table, with more of the young boys hairs on it, as if left there to simply say..."sucker", and he was proud of his little scam.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I found a piece of tape stuck to the side of the table, with more of the young boys hairs on it, as if left there to simply say..."sucker", and he was proud of his little scam.

WOW people are so pathetic!!!! Wouldn't you just loooove to run into them in a different restaurant in your neighborhood?? They would be so busted!!

I always feel bad for the other people at the table when 1 person is obviously being ridiculous, you can always see the embarrassment all over their faces!!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
In response to an earlier post as to what can happen in the kitchen where you can't see it...

My first wife worked as a waitress for the Union 76 truck stop at I55 and Illinois Rte 53. She said that one day a picky and rude customer sent his steak back three times because it wasn't "done to perfection". The third time the order came back the cook tossed the steak on the floor and stomped on it thoroughly and then brushed it off, put it back on the plate, and sent it back out. The customer ate it and said he was glad the idiot cook finally got it right. When she told me about it I laughed my butt off. I also became much more careful about what I complained about in restaurants.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springs1

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds(guess what.. many places don't have the room to take your plates off the line, and put them somewhere else.)..I have brought mistakes out to tables.

It's called a tray set it on top of a tray jack BEFORE handing it over to the customer, USE IT!! Quit making excuses to be lazy and uncaring!!

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds[/iI didn't sacrifice the tip from other customers just to appease the demanding ones,

Let me ask you, what do you mean by "DEMANDING?" If they are mean about it, I can see you meaning that word, but if all they did was ask for a lot, that's not demanding, that's YOUR JOB! YOU ARE LAZY! QUIT SAYING "DEMANDING."

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds(I hope one of your children gets a job serving at one of the restaurants you frequent, and when they come home tired , and totally worn out, and complain to you about demanding customers, that you call them lazy and selfish.

First off, I don't have kids. Secondly, even if I did, I wouldn't teach them to be lazy like you acting like customers are demanding people, because they would learn from me to BUST THEIR BUTT for EVERY CUSTOMER!

They wouldn't be complaining, because I would teach my child(If I had one) to work HARD.

There are no demanding customers unless they tell you in a mean way. If all they are doing is asking for a lot of things, that's not demands. You are wrong when it comes to saying demands. I really want to know your definition of demands?

Wow Springs! Nearly every post you have written in this thread contains the word lazy! You make it sound like you are the only person in the establishment and should be waited on by a team dedicated just to you.

About getting your food fast, don't you ever go out to eat and enjoy the company you are in?

When I lived in Germany, we'd go to the local Gasthaus and spend 3 or 4 hours at dinner and that was expected. It was more a time to enjoy each other's company than getting your food, shoving it down your throat and demanding the check and high-tailing it out of there. Perhaps you need to stick to drive-throughs.

Don't get me wrong, when my glass is empty I don't want to have to stand up and wave down my server, but I don't expect them, nor want them to hover over me.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Now I see that Springs is just a troll.

I should have read all the way to the bottom of the thread before I posted a response.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Correction: they do not make min wage. Min wage is between 5.50 and 9.00 depending on the State. I think one part of California is 10 something.

Waitstaff pay is between 2.07 and 2.75 per hour.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join