It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Silent Over Demands to Denounce ‘Piss Christ’ Artwork

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

So, you think your president should spend a day on a podium, offering comments on every instance of Americans insulting any religion throughout the history of the USA?

Unbelievable! You quoted my explanation and completely ignored it!!

Read it again…..I’m done explaining. It’s not hard t understand, bro.

Last time! I SAID:

Nobody really cares about the PISS CHRIST, dude. You’re missing the point. The point is there is a double standard by this POTUS. How many more times does this need to be explained?

I don’t want any apology from the POTUS; not for Christians and CERTAINLY not for Muslims who just killed 4 more Americans!! Get it?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
OMG...c'mon ATS...I would have thought that we were better than this. Do you really-really think that the POTUS is any more than a figurehead? TPTB choose a new one for us every 4 to 8 years. He is nothing more than a puppet, a mouthpiece....if they like him and his ability to sway the people...he gets to sit in the seat for 8 years instead of 4.

I am shocked...flat shocked.....this is a conspiracy board....we all question everything we see, hear, feel, taste and smell...and this whole scenario stinks to me. We have chosen to look behind the curtains...Obama is just another puppet...they chose him when the time seemed ripe to address some racial issues....if you think I am kidding...you are sadly mistaken. So now...in their minds eye...they have addressed a serious issue....black versus white....soon...very soon...we will see it addressed again....white versus Hispanic. There is an agenda here folks....my head hurts so bad...i can't find the words to explain it. They have played us against one another for so long...now they are going to play unification....and what a wonderful world it will be when we all "just get along"...

...and it will be....but...under the right circumstances....we are being played like cheap fiddles....it is so painful to watch it makes it hard to keep dinner down....

In my opinion....an old guy who has been watching the world for a really long time...they are preparing the Oligarchy/Plutocracy....if you have money, you matter, if you don't then you are a second class citizen and will-be acknowledged...but in a limited form.

The extremely wealthy have seized control of our Republic....it's not a Republic anymore...it is something else....I'll leave it up to you folks to fine the proper descriptive noun.....
edit on 22-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by detachedindividual

So, you think your president should spend a day on a podium, offering comments on every instance of Americans insulting any religion throughout the history of the USA?

Unbelievable! You quoted my explanation and completely ignored it!!

Read it again…..I’m done explaining. It’s not hard t understand, bro.

Last time! I SAID:

Nobody really cares about the PISS CHRIST, dude. You’re missing the point. The point is there is a double standard by this POTUS. How many more times does this need to be explained?

I don’t want any apology from the POTUS; not for Christians and CERTAINLY not for Muslims who just killed 4 more Americans!! Get it?

Apparently the OP cares about Piss Christ. It is in the title of the thread and is the basis for the OP.

CJ

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

Originally posted by texasgirl
How does this drivel even get recognized as art? He dips a crucifix in urine, takes a photo, and you call that art? And it's good enough to be on display?!!

I come from a family of artists and this just dumbfounds me.

Ideation is the creative process of generating, developing, and communicating new ideas, where an idea is understood as a basic element of thought that can be either visual, concrete, or abstract. Ideation is all stages of a thought cycle, from innovation, to development, to actualization. As such, it is an essential part of the design process, both in education and practice.
en.wikipedia.org...

Art is not just about making pretty things

Crafts maybe - but not art

Okay, then I will get my dog to pee on a fire hydrant and lug it to the museum with my signature on it. And call it 'art'.

edit on 22-9-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Okay, then I will get my dog to pee on a fire hydrant and lug it to the museum with my signature on it. And call it 'art'.

Well - I wouldn't lug it over - I'd send a photo first

Not everyone has something to say after all - and Museums aren't like facebook

:-)

Do you have something to say? Did Andres Serrano have something to say?

here's a thread you might enjoy - might be a good time to wake it up again:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9/22/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

No, I just think it's a silly and lazy way to call something like that 'art', regardless of the actual definition of art.

Obama probably hasn't said anything about this because he doesn't think it's even worthy of a response.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I dont see anyone killing over this,
proves the muslims killing
for muhameds are neanderthal pigs.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

No, I just think it's a silly and lazy way to call something like that 'art', regardless of the actual definition of art.

You're of course entitled to your opinion. Not much of an argument though :-)

Obama probably hasn't said anything about this because he doesn't think it's even worthy of a response.

Yes - something very much like that

He isn't in Kindergarten you know

:-)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by seabag

Are you saying Christians are stupid and violent enough to start rioting and killing people over this?

If they are then I think they need to come out and denounce it now otherwise your premise sounds pretty childish.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

So basically, if Christians want any sort of respect they'll need to get violent. Unbelievable!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

edit on 22-9-2012 by Zeta Reticulan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Double standard indeed Islam is the only belief system that the current white house and its supporters will ever get on their knees for.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

"WH Silent Over Demands to Denounce ‘Piss Christ’ Artwork"

As well they should be. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter what artists do on a big scale like this.

The POTUS has bigger fish to fry anyway. Like balancing the budget. Throwing out the old money-changers.

I'm sure Jesus would understand.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Obama is to smart to play into this trap.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Obama is to smart to play into this trap.

One would hope :-)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Christain here, why would i care?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
I dont see anyone killing over this,
proves the muslims killing
for muhameds are neanderthal pigs.

Well maybe not real killing. However I mentioned that this painting is a good refection of the atmosphere around Jesus at this moment in his life......and have been roundly ralied for it. Years later the guy that painted this said that is just what he was trying to communicate in this painting.......no disrespect was intended.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Swills

It's sad any Muslim gave that YT video the time of day, let alone riot and kill over it.

While I agree with you, (I know I’m going to get flamed) I must point out that it’s a cultural thing. People in the ME handle their disputes this way….they don’t value human life as we do in the west; it’s evident.

The fact that Christians (and westerners in general) don’t go nuts and fly off the handle emboldens these crooks to walk all over us. I guess we need to act out more to get results???

They don't value human life like the west does? Are you talking about the west that has already killed over a million innocent people invading countries that have done nothing to the west? Is that the west you are talking about?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

How does this drivel even get recognized as art? He dips a crucifix in urine, takes a photo, and you call that art? And it's good enough to be on display?!!

I come from a family of artists and this just dumbfounds me.

Ideation is the creative process of generating, developing, and communicating new ideas, where an idea is understood as a basic element of thought that can be either visual, concrete, or abstract. Ideation is all stages of a thought cycle, from innovation, to development, to actualization. As such, it is an essential part of the design process, both in education and practice.
en.wikipedia.org...

Art is not just about making pretty things

Crafts maybe - but not art

edit on 22-9-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

Your dog did the work so how could you claim it as your art?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Sounds like

Chaos!

On Bullsh!t

Mountain!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join