WH Silent Over Demands to Denounce ‘Piss Christ’ Artwork

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Anything I've heard about the cultural behavior differences screams that apologizing only ramps up the atrocities committed. If so, then what he's doing is pouring gasoline on the demonstrators, through his words.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by seabag

If he had said nothing, you guys would have ranted and raved about him NOT standing up for free speech. I'm not interested in talking points.

Hey JIMMIE! You got a link?

You'll do anything to avoid admitting the president's, media's, democrat's and your own hypocrisy on this issue. It's so glaringly obvious. Any cartoon or satire making fun of Muslims is "hate speech", but disrespecting Christians is main stream.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's a typical trap.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
It's a sign of being out of ammo on the right.
He's either against Jesus or against free speech.
That's why it's played this way.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
It's a typical trap.

No. It's obvious that he's against both.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

It's a typical trap.

You obviously don’t know the story because you’re way off base…

He’s against Jesus AND against free speech.

His outrage was over someone slandering Mohammed yet he IS SILENT when it’s slander against Christ. On top of that, he tried to censor free speech to prevent Mohammed from being disrespected again!!

Free speech when it’s against Christ?

Free speech against Mohammed?

Outrage over slandering Mohammed?

Outrage over slandering Christ?

What a LOSER Obama is…..

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Are you saying Christians are stupid and violent enough to start rioting and killing people over this?

If they are then I think they need to come out and denounce it now otherwise your premise sounds pretty childish.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
How does this drivel even get recognized as art? He dips a crucifix in urine, takes a photo, and you call that art? And it's good enough to be on display?!!

I come from a family of artists and this just dumbfounds me.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

So the right wing are now expecting Obama to apologize or make statements about every single instance of religious "blasphemy" carried out by any American citizen throughout the history of the nation?

This is ridiculous!

Note that artwork was created in 1985! So you think the president today should be making statements about religious art work created decades ago?

The right wing are clutching at ANYTHING to try to make Obama look bad, but the fact of the matter is we can see through all these pathetic little attacks.

I don't like the guy much, but this kind of pathetically stupid attack does more to embarrass the right wing than it does to make an issue out of Obama's policies and actions.

These right wing idiots need to grow the f up.

edit on 22-9-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
How does this drivel even get recognized as art? He dips a crucifix in urine, takes a photo, and you call that art? And it's good enough to be on display?!!

My father was an artist, I studied art in college.

Anything can be considered art, and although I don't always get it, or place value on it myself, I recognize that I don't have the right to decide what is "proper art" and what isn't.

This is how art is taught, it encompasses modern art and classical fine art too. If its created by someone intending to send a message or be aesthetically interesting - it is art.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Are you saying Christians are stupid and violent enough to start rioting and killing people over this?

HAS IT HAPPENED?

NOPE!

If they are then I think they need to come out and denounce it now otherwise your premise sounds pretty childish.

Maybe Obama should just work on the economy and stay out of ALL religious debates? He can’t seem to control his obvious bias, much like myself!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by jimmiec

So the right wing are now expecting Obama to apologize or make statements about every single instance of religious "blasphemy" carried out by any American citizen throughout the history of the nation?

This is ridiculous!

The right wing are clutching at ANYTHING to try to make Obama look bad, but the fact of the matter is we can see through all these pathetic little attacks.

I don't like the guy much, but this kind of pathetically stupid attack does more to embarrass the right wing than it does to make an issue out of Obama's policies and actions.

O'Blunder set his own self up by trying to stop the muslim vid.

He should've kept his gob shut. Then he'd be safe.

But since he spoke up against the vid, he talked himself into a corner.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Nevermind…

Anything can be considered art, and although I don't always get it, or place value on it myself, I recognize that I don't have the right to decide what is "proper art" and what isn't.

This is how art is taught, it encompasses modern art and classical fine art too. If its created by someone intending to send a message or be aesthetically interesting - it is art.

Nobody really cares about the PISS CHRIST, dude. You’re missing the point. The point is there is a double standard by this POTUS. How many more times does this need to be explained?

I don’t want any apology from the POTUS; not for Christians and CERTAINLY not for Muslims who just killed 4 more Americans!! Get it?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by buddhasystem

No you are not waiting, you are just being facetious. You know full well that we in the States are cool without apologizing, or being apologized to, for someone's somewhat cruel sense of humor. Or so I hope.

You’re correct…I was being facetious.

I was drawing attention to the double standard. Look, I respect the office of the presidency. I don’t think the POTUS should stoop to the level of having a “beer summit” or responding to every little bit of news that hits the streets. I just wish the current POTUS shared my respect for the office.

I you respect the office of the POTUS so much, you sure must appreciate the concept of diplomacy. You may call it "stooping" if it's too complicated for you, but most still call it diplomacy.

Different cultures require different approaches.

Yes, I do think our culture is better.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I you respect the office of the POTUS so much, you sure must appreciate the concept of diplomacy. You may call it "stooping" if it's too complicated for you, but most still call it diplomacy.

He’s not conducting diplomacy; it’s called deception and pandering. He was trying to blame a movie for these actions rather than facing the failure of his policies…..and he was doing it at our expense.

By the way, I was right all along and the White House has since backtracked from its original position.

Different cultures require different approaches.

Yes, I do think our culture is better.

Obama has been smooching their tail end since 2008…..how has that worked out for us?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by jimmiec

This is ridiculous!

O'Blunder set his own self up by trying to stop the muslim vid.

He should've kept his gob shut. Then he'd be safe.

But since he spoke up against the vid, he talked himself into a corner.

If he'd done or said nothing about it, you and I both know the Repubs would have made a statement about how he doesn't respect freedom of expression. If Obama said nothing, the Republicans would have made a whole drama out of how Obama agrees with the Islamist and thinks they have a point.

Lets not be naive about this, we know how politics is played. This is a perfect example of it. He's being attacked for not commenting on an art work offensive to Christians created in the 1980's. If you think that's logical, or reasonable, then there is no chance of having a sensible discussion about this.

Also, I fail to see why this is an issue, unless some Americans want Obama to start limiting your freedoms of opinion. I'll bet there would be plenty here cheering on the banning of this art, while condemning the Muslim world for daring to get angry over a cartoon or video.

Which is it? Are Americans free to insult any and all religions, or do you think this is a one-way street where American's can attack Islam but not Christianity?

It seems that the typical American hypocrisy is back in full swing for this one. Attacking Christians is off-limits and deserves some harsh words, but Islam is open for all kinds of attacks from all sides? Pathetic.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by detachedindividual

Nevermind…

Nobody really cares about the PISS CHRIST, dude. You’re missing the point. The point is there is a double standard by this POTUS. How many more times does this need to be explained?

I don’t want any apology from the POTUS; not for Christians and CERTAINLY not for Muslims who just killed 4 more Americans!! Get it?

So, you think your president should spend a day on a podium, offering comments on every instance of Americans insulting any religion throughout the history of the USA?

The artwork debuted in 1989 and was funded through prize money provided by the National Endowment for the Arts. The art gallery hosting the retrospective salute to Andres Serrano is privately owned.

How far back shall we go? Is there a date at which you deem the current POTUS no longer responsible for apology or statement? How about all art work deemed offensive before 1970 is perfectly okay?

This is a complete non-story by a group of people looking for any opportunity to divert attention from Romney and attack Obama. We all know this, it's obvious, and it's one of the weakest attempts at diversion I think I have ever seen.
edit on 22-9-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If he'd done or said nothing about it, you and I both know the Repubs would have made a statement about how he doesn't respect freedom of expression. If Obama said nothing, the Republicans would have made a whole drama out of how Obama agrees with the Islamist and thinks they have a point.

If he'd of said nothing, he'd be respecting freedom of expression.

Lets not be naive about this, we know how politics is played. This is a perfect example of it. He's being attacked for not commenting on an art work offensive to Christians created in the 1980's. If you think that's logical, or reasonable, then there is no chance of having a sensible discussion about this.

Obama is creating a double standard.

Also, I fail to see why this is an issue, unless some Americans want Obama to start limiting your freedoms of opinion. I'll bet there would be plenty here cheering on the banning of this art, while condemning the Muslim world for daring to get angry over a cartoon or video.

He's already doing that.

Which is it? Are Americans free to insult any and all religions, or do you think this is a one-way street where American's can attack Islam but not Christianity?

Of course! I'm all for freedom of speech, too bad Obama isn't.

It seems that the typical American hypocrisy is back in full swing for this one. Attacking Christians is off-limits and deserves some harsh words, but Islam is open for all kinds of attacks from all sides? Pathetic.

Just the opposite is happening. Current events.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

In respect to your post,

Why Did The White House Take So Long To Admit Libya Attack Was Terrorism?
washington.cbslocal.com...

Obama’s Shaky Libya Narrative
by Eli Lake Sep 21, 2012 4:45 AM EDT
Sources say the attack on the Libyan ambassador was pre-meditated, with the possible collaboration of a Libyan politician. Eli Lake on the continuing collapse of the official U.S. line.
www.thedailybeast.com...

For nine days, the Obama administration made a case that virtually everyone understood was untrue: that the killing of our ambassador and three other Americans in Benghazi, Libya, was a random, spontaneous act of individuals upset about an online video—an unpredictable attack on a well-protected compound that had nothing do to with the eleventh anniversary of 9/11.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Ideation is the creative process of generating, developing, and communicating new ideas, where an idea is understood as a basic element of thought that can be either visual, concrete, or abstract. Ideation is all stages of a thought cycle, from innovation, to development, to actualization. As such, it is an essential part of the design process, both in education and practice.
en.wikipedia.org...

Art is not just about making pretty things

Crafts maybe - but not art

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Double

edit on 22-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join