It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Is Now Recording Everyone You Stalk

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

A puppet show is only good if you don't know there is a puppeteer.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
It's a good thing I have no Facebook friends and only use it to keep up with nerd news from Warhammer 40K HQ.
Professionally speaking, having a Facebook profile is a terrible idea.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Isn't the whole idea of facebook to visit your friends pages and see their pictures? Why the heck do people post them there if they are not to be looked at. I would not call using the web sight exactly as it was set up and intended to be used...stalking. If I don't check out my friends pages they will think I don't give a damn about what they are up to or have to say.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

sounds like a great way to track real stalkers or sex offenders because it can be used after the fact of a crime. say some dude is stalking some facebook friend's daughter and then when she announces her plans he intercepts her for nefarious reasons. It could be used to solve a crime. so what if I am looking at my neighbor's wedding pictures- isn't that why they are on facebook? who cares about that?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
It's a good thing I have no Facebook friends and only use it to keep up with nerd news from Warhammer 40K HQ.

and how is an ATS profile substantially any different? if you use the internet, a credit/debt card, drive a car, cable/satellite tv, cell phone, land line, or in general participate in western culture they can track you. crawl into a cave or live in a teepee out in the woods and you won't have to worry about a thing until you get bored or starve to death.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I deleted my fb accounts i had two one for family and one for friends, i then made another account with an email account that had been made with fake details ,i opened the fb account in one of my nick names ,,i started making friend with my friends again and one of them asked me why i had made another fb account,,

so i private messaged her back saying the new fb accounts detail about me was fake , 5 minutes after sending her this message a pop up came on screen say i had to give them my telephone number or give them official government id to show who i was ,

If there not watching and checking everything you do and say on fb then it was big coincidence that the pop up came when it did ,,

I now have no fb accounts and never will again

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
no facebook, no twitter, no smart phone...no problem. i have yet to be inconvienenced by NOT having these things. why do people think they always need to be "in touch"...if information is important enough, you will be contacted, the rest always seems to be various ways to sell me things. your mind needs "down' time to process information, to form conclusions, to remember the past, to evaluate the present, and to plan the future.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

and how is an ATS profile substantially any different? if you use the internet, a credit/debt card, drive a car, cable/satellite tv, cell phone, land line, or in general participate in western culture they can track you. crawl into a cave or live in a teepee out in the woods and you won't have to worry about a thing until you get bored or starve to death.

I don't think it's different at all. But, at least my bosses can't look me up.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I am the same i have a little lap top and an old mobile fone that can text and make calls thats it most of the time its off and at home , no problem

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Why people continue to use this POS pseudo spy tool is beyond me. Seriously, this and facial recognition software, timelines.. How much more intrusive do they have to get before people will wise up and gtfo this site?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
Startpage does not. It is the only search engine I use.

Correction, Startpage says that it doesn't track search history. Beyond that there are no facts. There is nothing to prove the CIA or similar didn't commission Startpage. Do you think alphabet agencies don't lie? There is also no way for the managers of Startpage to circumvent the law. So if a warrant is issued for them to begin eavesdropping on an IP address they will be obliged to do so.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Good news, bad news:

The only thing new here is that Facebook is giving you more access to your own search history.

Facebook has always tracked ___EVERYTHING___ you do. Every mouse click and mouse MOVEMENT is recorded. Your search history was always recorded. The pages you view, the photos you clicked on etc was all recorded. They track web pages you view when you aren't even logged in.

Every little thing you do is their bread and butter. They record it all forever and datamine the hell out of it.

The Facebook IPO is public information and covers some of the details of this stuff.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Facebook plays off of everyone's EGO. That's all Facebook is. Friends bugged the # out of me until I made a FB in 2009, I lasted about 90 days before I decided is was for egotistical maniacs - which was far before anyone posted what they had for breakfast and actually had somewhat interesting things to say...

Here's My Search List:

- Big Tits
- League of Legend Runes
- Guild Wars 2

edit on 22-9-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I noticed this a while ago, it's like 'favourites'.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

except that if a company sees you don't have a facebook profile, they will think you are a social outcast and not hire you.
A good facebook page is a positive thing for potential employers.

Using facebook and having any concerns about your privacy is an oxymoron.
The very nature and foundation of facebook involves giving up your privacy.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

No! Facebook BAD! Linked-In GOOD!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

except that if a company sees you don't have a facebook profile, they will think you are a social outcast and not hire you.
A good facebook page is a positive thing for potential employers.

The amazing thing about this is that FB is a corporation. That means that you have to endorse a specific corporation to be viewed as an acceptable citizen. Its no different than if you don't shop at Walmart it indicates unacceptable behavior.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I enjoy facebook.

Most of my family live in another state and I don't get to see them much. So keeping touch on facebook and reading what's going on in their lives day to day is nice.

When my neice got married I was unable to attend the wedding but she posted pics. She didn't have to make copies to send to everyone who couldn't be there. We were able to see them on facebook.

What I am having trouble with on facebook is figuring out how to unfriend someone. Used to be...one click and it was done. Now, I can't find anything to click on.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
dont stalk anyone then, simples

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Ixquick is probably the best, imo. I suggest everyone check it out. Best privacy policy in the business and records nothing, not that I search for nefarious things, but I enjoy my privacy much like everyone should.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join