It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Is Now Recording Everyone You Stalk

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Facebook Is Now Recording Everyone You Stalk

gizmodo.com

Do you like looking at the profiles of people you don't know that well on Facebook? Of course you do, because we're all sick and it's fun. One wrinkle: there's now a list of everything you search for on FB.

Starting today, Facebook says:

In addition to your other activity, you'll be able to see the searches you're making on Facebook. Just as you can choose to delete any of your posts, you can use the same inline control on Activity Log to remove any of your searches at any time. It's important to remember that no one else can see your Activity Log, including your search activity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Now Facebook knows when your stalking your exes... or anyone else.

It's not retro active, so don't have a panic attack:

A Facebook rep tells us the feature is currently rolling out to users, but you should be seeing it soon.

That last part is important: this is information that's only accesible by you (and Facebook). It's also not retroactive, because that would give the entire Internet a simultaneous panic attack. But if you've got something to hide, just make sure nobody sees that list—or delete your search history, which is an easy option. But it's an option you'll have to keep tabs on atop the rest of your incriminating search history. This stuff is starting to pile up!

Just another drip in the steady drip of our eroding privacy.

Yet another reason to quit facebook if you haven't already.

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-9-2012 by pianopraze because: ...

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Firstly, did you really think that FB and every other internet engine in existence ISN'T tracking your history? Welcome to 2012. Thanks for the update.

Secondly, stop stalking your exes!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb
Firstly, did you really think that FB and every other internet engine in existence ISN'T tracking your history? Welcome to 2012. Thanks for the update.

Secondly, stop stalking your exes!

Oh contair...

Startpage does not. It is the only search engine I use.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Are they purposefully trying to hurt their stock, or the technology economy in general?

They Aren't Google. They are not an original monopoly.

The stock owners should vote Zuckerberg out before he ruins the entire website completely.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

So only facebook can see your searches?

How would they know if youre "stalking" someone?

Ive often wondered why they simply dont create a feature to allow a user to see who's clicked on their page...

edit on 21-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

So you can see someone's searches?

Not yet, per the op:

you'll be able to see the searches you're making on Facebook. Just as you can choose to delete any of your posts, you can use the same inline control on Activity Log to remove any of your searches at any time. It's important to remember that no one else can see your Activity Log, including your search activity.

So right now it is just you and Facebook... and any law enforcement agencies that write their own warrants or whatever they call them...

Land of the free and home of the brave and all that...

Or as Carlin says:
(warning language)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Facebook is tailored made for friends, family, Big Brother, acquaintances and stalkers.....

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes that is the reality of the user, however you must see it from the corporate point of view... They want to make a profit anyway possible, hence how easy they would sell out to any government,,,,, it isn't working though because they are some how losing money.

How anyone could lose money on a WEBSITE is beyond me....
edit on 9/21/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
They want to make a profit anyway possible, hence how easy they would sell out to any government,,,,,

Well, since their start up money came from In Q Tel (aka CIA) et all... is it really selling out???

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

don't forget burglars who love it when someone posts "leaving to hawaii for a week, have to leave fido at a friends house because i got no one to watch him
".

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I guess I'm not getting why a person would post anything for public viewing and get miffed if someone looked at it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Lold at the box of tissues in right frame. Ladies, there is at least one guy being nasty about your FB pictures. Only have family? Even worse.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Lold at the box of tissues in right frame. Ladies, there is at least one guy being nasty about your FB pictures. Only have family? Even worse.

The bottle of lotion too lol.

Second line.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I love being monitored. Whether its hackers here, Yahoo, gang stalking neighbors, law enforcement, or military

Makes me kick up the controversial posting and surfing boldness, driven by the "oh yeah.. I'll show you" by a factor of infinity.

I saved my terrible 2s for a time in history such as this.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
When you type in any letter of the alphabet in the search bar, the list that pops up under that letter are the profiles that you've either looked at or that are looking at your profile. Facebook not only records who you stalk apparently, but who stalks you o_0 I find it creepy...
www.science20.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I know this video is just parody, yet it hits closer to the truth than not.

If you dont have facebook, its funny as heck. If you do, its scarier than....
edit on 21-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Does this stop any OpenBook websites? Seem to be able to search from a few. Which I'm sure any real stalker would already use lol.

wait..

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I resisted facebook like i resisted mobile phones but eventually i opened an account. People think you're weird if you don't have an account.
way way back i remember trying to explain if you wanted me, then call the land line........then it was whats your e-mail, finally whats your Facebook page.
I had fun for a bit then.........and i have my ex to thank for this, i got out.
She was stalking me via a mutual friend on FB as she wasn't on my friend list, she knew where i was going and what i was doing and eventually couldn't help herself posting crap about me. Mostly made up of course.
I thought if a technophobe luddite can know everything about me via facebook then so can anyone else, that was the push i needed.
Like any addiction it was hard to give up, i closed my account twice, but a theatre company i was working for used facebook as their own internal message service. No facebook? no job.
when i stopped using it people actually got annoyed with me like i was making their life more difficult.
edit on 22-9-2012 by discolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Yeah use it too. Everyone should also look into SRWare iron.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join