It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Is Now Recording Everyone You Stalk

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1
What I am having trouble with on facebook is figuring out how to unfriend someone. Used to be...one click and it was done. Now, I can't find anything to click on.

Funny they made it so that to unfriend someone you have to go to their page. When you scroll over the friend tab other options come up and unfriend is at the bottom.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If you use a IP hide program.
you can set up a fake account and use that.
just find some company on the internet and use thire details.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

and how is an ATS profile substantially any different? if you use the internet, a credit/debt card, drive a car, cable/satellite tv, cell phone, land line, or in general participate in western culture they can track you. crawl into a cave or live in a teepee out in the woods and you won't have to worry about a thing until you get bored or starve to death.

I don't think it's different at all. But, at least my bosses can't look me up.

must suck to have to worry about your bosses stalking you

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Thanks for posting this OP. The thing is Facebook didn't just start logging profile views so this is not a new thing. Everyone has only been deceived until now into thinking they weren't being watched or logged -- why anyone would have believed that in the first place is beyond me.

Here are a couple of old IMs from the Man of the Year from the early beginning of The Facebook. Even back then, when the web site was just starting, Zuckerberg was logging profile views that they just announced doing.

Note the line: How many programmers do you think log stuff as much as we do. Like is it normal to log all logins and profile views?

Full list of IMs

Khar

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I guess I'm not getting why a person would post anything for public viewing and get miffed if someone looked at it.

That reaction annoys me. Stalking is a serious thing, where someone gives a person unwanted contact, perhaps including threats and harassment.
Somebody idly poking through one's public information is nowhere close to such invasive acts, no matter how much it weirds one out.
edit on 22-9-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm sure Facebook knows that anyways. Just as long as others can't, I wouldn't worry.
I don't have Facebook.

There's a social media site I joined recently that's sending me emails every time somebody just viewed my profile or added me to their favourites, so then of course I view theirs to see who it was and they must get an email.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

Thanks for the info not-so obnoxiouschick

And to the op: No I do not like to look a profiles of people I do not know well.
I don't even have a clue if my ex is even on facebook. I got rid of him for a reason

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Stalking is a terrible thing.

Someone who unfriended me months ago heard about something I said through a third party and then blasted me on facebook. After a couple of back and forth dialogs, I finally said enough and figured out how to block her. Ahhh the peace and quiet after that.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
ATS IS ON FACEBOOK...........LIKE.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The only thing that surprises me about the new facebook "feature" is the apparent claim that they weren't tracking this already...I thought they probably were, but they just didn't tell you about it...and even after reading this OP I still wonder about that. But FB obviously doesn't care too much about security the way they reset people's carefully selected security settings when they do site upgrades.

Originally posted by ThoughtIsMadness

Yeah use it too. Everyone should also look into SRWare iron.
You mean users of the Chrome browser in particular should look into this. I never use Chrome for the reasons specified in that link and I doubt Chrome users typically know that.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I went to my FB page, watched the video..It goes ALL the way back to the beginning!!!!!!! So for me, that is thousands of likes and comments!!!!

I would really like to use a few choice adjectives to describe my feelings on this!

edit on 23-9-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I allmost didn't believe you untill I looked at the link. The reason is because of what spammers have done in the past. Flaunting a fake app thats suppose to reveal who all is stalking your FB, come to find out it's always just a viruse that steals your password and turns your FB account into a spam spewing zombie.

I never have trusted apps, and more so ones that promise to deliver things that it shouldn't. Well now it looks like the table s have turned. Now FB will be keeping info, so there might be a legit program in the future that actually does tell you who has been looking at your page.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Nice post.

It highlights how the internet will probably evolve.

More rules, more rights, more privacy (but not the way that allows you to spy on others).

When the internet first came out, it was like the wild west.

But it's more and more evolving to be a social place. And for that matter, it IS a place.

And where people go to meet and discuss and share, they want rights, protections, etc.

As I see it, the internet is another continent, another planet, another place. It exists inside reality, on the scale of a electronic circuit board or a central processing unit.

With technology and knowledge we're, more and more, living double lives on the internet and in RL. More and more, these two selves will intermingle and integrate. RL and the internet will merge.

In my view, we need to rephrase everything, since virtual worlds actually exist inside reality. Saying that one is real and the other one isn't just confuses it. The difference is not fundamental. What it comes down to is survival. If living in virtual worlds for any length of time benefits our survival as much or more than it hurts it then that's what we'll do. It's kind of like drugs. Many drugs are used to help people and have beneficial impacts, especially in the healthcare sector. In fact, outside of healthcare, artists have used narcotics to produce some of their best work. Conversely, illegal drugs and legal drugs have been abused by those who're addicted to them and this is a negative effect. If only the negative effect was considered, drugs would likely be completely banned and mostly unused. Basically, there's a good chance that the internet benefits our survival in some way, but how much it benefits us as opposed to hurting us is still an open debate that's far from closed.

NOTE: I, broadly, classify the internet as a virtual world. We're plugged into it right now. But keep in mind that, even as it's virtual, it still exists inside reality as an electronic circuit.
edit on 23-9-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ah, the goodness and evils of the internet!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Not many people realize this yet, but online predators are utilizing FaceBook a lot to prey on young boys and girls. I think FaceBook was probably legally mandated to add this search history function for Law Enforcement and legal cases where proof is needed of certain individuals seeking out underage people (children).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join