It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Mohammad cartoon is highly offensive.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

My guess is ATS does not want the site to be attacked there for putting censorship on the cartoon.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Im 100% sure I'd docked and and the thread would be 404'd. no offense to you but I've been banned for less.

link   

link   

Originally posted by aaaiii
reply to post by alphaskunk

WHAT?

ATS more French than the FRENCH!

Say it ain't so!

Well regardless of the issue, cartoon or not i don't think we are allowed to talk about messages sent by mods regarding threads sent to the trash bin.

A mod posting here to explain why this cartoon is being censored on ATS but the movie was not would be appreciated tho.
edit on 19-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaskunk

My guess is ATS does not want the site to be attacked there for putting censorship on the cartoon.

I suppose... makes sense.

ATS has never allowed free speech anyway (and I don't mean this as a criticism at all) and they have to be careful about what they allow on the site.

I guess there are other sites discussing this where people could go.

Oh well

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Seriously....

Gief Link!

It's in Charlie Hebdo but I looked and can't find the image that's being discussed. Found plenty of others mocking everyone from Jesus to Michael Jackson though.

So yes, I would like to see the picture please - don't post just link and ATS can't have a problem with that.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Anyone got a link to the cartoons?

Or what paper they're in.

apparently we are not allowed to post the image or post links to it since it violates the T&C

5 Real Deleted Bible Scenes In Which Jesus Kicks Some Butt,

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the equality is a bit one sided

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Never mind.. can always rely on GLP if it's a bit sensitive!

Utterly yawnsome to be honest. Nothing to burn embassies over.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by fenceSitter

pot,kettle black.
please use your great skills as the resident Muslim apologist to justify Muslims threatening violence,death,beheading etc.
Fence sitter?yeah right.

I'm am no 'Muslim apologist'. I do not condone the violence taking place as a result of the movie and cartoon. I believe in freedom of speech even if it offends others.

I also believe they have the same rights as all of you. They are protesting what they believe in regardless of what you may consider foolish. The difference between you and I is that I attempt to see these issues from their perspective as well. They have been raised in a culture you know nothing about (in reality) and don't even attempt to understand. I don't have any hatred towards any culture, but show me anyone, from any religion that commits murder, rape etc. and I'll support whatever punishment they deserve. I based my beliefs on the individual - not their religion, skin color or sexual orientation.

Of course I'm sitting on the fence. I see Muslims on one side of the fence protesting violently about the Western disrespect and overreaching foreign policies. I see you on the other side lobbing insults and ignorant claims about a culture you think you know something about and do nothing productive except aggravate the situation.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Split hairs anyway you want that doesn't change the fact of what they do.
You can call them any word you want, doesnt change what they do.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0

Seriously....

Gief Link!

It's in Charlie Hebdo but I looked and can't find the image that's being discussed. Found plenty of others mocking everyone from Jesus to Michael Jackson though.

So yes, I would like to see the picture please - don't post just link and ATS can't have a problem with that.

Well the Charlie Hebdo site has been hacked and I'm sure ATS fear repercussions if they were to allow people to post links and pictures.

Makes sense to be fair...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I thought the CIA wasn't afraid of nothin'.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Kind of sad that we have to use censor on ATS about a subject for fear of cyber attacks.

Indeed... that, sadly, is the world we live in nowadays.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is. They published Middleton's pathetic mosquito "boobs".

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join