It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Mohammad cartoon is highly offensive.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by alphaskunk

Sticks and Stones???? Anyone??? Or is that something they don't teach anymore???

No unfortunately they dont, they now teach things like, Words Hurt

well if you roll up a news paper and bash someone around the head with it I suppose.
Silly name calling, and doodling silly cartoons, is just that; silly, and people who react to such names and doodles in away that causes violent rampages must have very child like minds.

OP im just wondering if you have a link to a site where I could veiw the cartoon. Im sure this wouldnt be against terms and conditions as I dont believe ATS would be so one sided ATS Thread
edit on 19-9-2012 by MrRobertson because: Dear OP

edit on 19-9-2012 by MrRobertson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by alphaskunk

Sticks and Stones???? Anyone??? Or is that something they don't teach anymore???

Edit: Seems to me a very old and common saying, has been taken over by the PC police, leading us to this nonsense going on today?
edit on 19-9-2012 by seeker1963 because: something to add

Oh, they throw sticks and stones.

And firebombs.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
offensive?I find Muslims hatred of everything & everyone non Muslim offensive.
I also find their rape of European women offensive,honour killings offensive,need I go on.
But oh we can't hurt their delicate little feelings.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think it's hilarious that these caveman get all upset over a stupid cartoon. Just shows how ignorant they really are. I am sick and tired of everyone catering to these ignorant Neanderthals!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

I was thinking the same thing about sticks and stones,buried up to the neck and lobbed at your head from six feet away.Sticks are for clubbing the soles of your feet while strung upside down.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
I think it's hilarious that these caveman get all upset over a stupid cartoon. Just shows how ignorant they really are. I am sick and tired of everyone catering to these ignorant Neanderthals!

ig·no·rance   [ig-ner-uhns]
noun
the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

They are not caveman or Neanderthals, they don't think it is just a 'stupid cartoon', everyone does not cater to them. To me, you sound like the ignorant one.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This issue is multi-layered. On the surface, one might think the publishing of the cartoon was unnecessary and offensive. But, go one layer deeper and you see that it was totally necessary. Unfortunately, there will be repercussions, but, that's the price paid to expose the murderous hate-filled stupidity of religious fanaticism gone wild.

Sometimes, you have to stand up and say, "this is what we stand for: freedom of expression. And, we will not tolerate murderous acts because you are offended by our opinion."

You cannot cower to these kinds of people. Westerners are known for their tolerance and diversity. We argue, debate, insult, come together, laugh, reach out, then go at it again.

In the West, we are allowed to express our dislike, mistrust, difference of opinion, and revulsion of a religion, a politician, a ideology...anything, really...Using humor, satire, or any other written style is okay and accepted.

Maybe reasonable Muslims will look at the absurdity of people murdering people over a cartoon and perhaps they will finally step up and criticize the intolerant Muslims for their over-the-top idiotic behavior.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

pot,kettle black.
please use your great skills as the resident Muslim apologist to justify Muslims threatening violence,death,beheading etc.
Fence sitter?yeah right.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Why can't people just get a sense of humor? I mean it's a cartoon, these people need to step out of the stone age and grow up.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

I'm glad I could offend you so easily

I'd say it to an angry mans face one on on. Of course I can't pick a fight with all of Cairo

When I see Muslims doing crazy things I'm really not surprised. When I see someone with an internet connection and seemingly half intelligent defending these actions I lose hope in the human race.
I'm gonna go make some cartoons myself.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
the real reason the some muslims are upset is because they know as everyone that the old order has come to an end and when the story about these times are written and taught to every succeeding generation in every land, their part in it will be portrayed in a manner which is exceptionally unattractive...they are facing and embarrassment and humiliation far beyond comprehension; the situation is 'Grave'.

the movies and pictures are nothing compared to what is materializing and when the world can finally see things clearly...

many will come to understand truly what a non-believer is.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I don't think they're offended at all. I think they're looking for an excuse to murder everyone they can lay their hands on. They are a particularly barbaric group of people.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Anyone got a link to the cartoons?

Or what paper they're in.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Anyone got a link to the cartoons?

Or what paper they're in.

apparently we are not allowed to post the image or post links to it since it violates the T&C

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by blupblup

mod bait 101

Not trying to bait or get anyone in trouble?

Are we not allowed to mention them at all?

Really?

*Sigh*

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmac359
Why can't people just get a sense of humor? I mean it's a cartoon, these people need to step out of the stone age and grow up.

Because they live in a humorless environment with a twisted world view.

They have been brainwashed, manipulated, oppressed and repressed by a religion that hates diversity. They murder homosexuals, beat down women, and suppress all manner of free expression. They are programmed to hate those "others", even to the point of killing them just because they are different.

They would be totally happy if all flowers were only roses or every tree was a palm, or all birds were crows, or every mammal was a camel, or all humans were smothered by Islam. In other words, at their core, they hate anything different from them.

Westerners are tolerant of them, but tolerance does (and should) have limits beyond which these murderous fanatics should not go.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Was there a memo saying to call all muslims 'stone age'? Despite this being highly racist, it is also contradictory: how could stone age people view an online movie, or know what a French cartoon was, or even know what america was?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join