It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cinema ninjas' to silence naughty film-goers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Cinema-goers have often wished for a more effective deterrent against those annoying people who talk or answer their phone during a film.

Now staff at London's Prince Charles cinema - perhaps most famous for hosting occasional singalong screenings of films like The Sound of Music - have come up with the idea of employing "ninjas" to stamp out audience members' bad behaviour during regular screenings.

Volunteer Catherine Small is one of the team of unpaid ninjas who dress up in anonymous black body suits and monitor screenings at the cinema.

Ummm?? I don't know about you but I find this a bit creepy? Sure, I understand the feeling one gets when they want to decapitate the person in front who is eating a bag of chip and rustling the packet, or the 16 year old chick who will not leave Facebook alone whilst watching the film you have been waiting to see for ages but..........??

Video available on link!

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Looking at the video, I don't think they move around like that in the cinema.

That's just stupid, and it would be distracting if you saw some idiot creeping around like some alien.

I'm sure they'd just stand or sit in the corners of the cinema in the shadows, and if someone makes a fuss, they'd simply walk over quietly and tell them to stop or they'll be asked to leave.

I don't think they need a suit like that. Just black tracksuit pants and a black shirt and hat will do.

I think this is a good idea.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

OMG If I was in a dark movie theater and someone crept up to me in a full body suit and touched me I would FREAK and knock the crap out them. I very well see someone breaking that pretty little nose of hers on accident in the near future.

edit on 18-9-2012 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Too true! I would first of all completely Sh* myself, then yep, it's payback time.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

pleeaaaaase!!! what a load of.... is this the most important thing people think about?

what i think this is ...is an attempt to get people thinking that "people in black" are to be expected, and
not to be surprised....when it happens near U...

can they also stop people in theaters shooting randomly???

seeya

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Perhaps the "Black Ninja's" are secret police? Just like the Air Rangers on aircraft..........ahem. Just a thought? You would never know?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Brilliant, they are pretty wacky at the London's Prince Charles cinema, a great cinema....

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Good I hope they remove annoying kids who kick the back of peoples seats through the whole film

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This will work until they creep up on someone who doesn't know who or what they are and they catch a shank to the gut

top topics

join