It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's coming is #### !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observationalist
reply to post by randyvs

You know me, it's all about perspective.
When the ### hits the fan, jobs and even money may be useless.
Since you have less to hold onto, it will be easier to let go of this old American way of life.
(That was easy to say)

Your relationship with you wife is job number one, relationships last forever.
I'm trying to start a business in all of this, three kids and no gurantee cash flow, big time stress for me and my wife, stress on our relationship, so take special care of her.

As far as what's comming, more of the same crap just bigger and more blatant. The powers are getting more bold, they don't fear the people, or the church. They have worked in apathy Into all parts of our life. They know how to distract us and divide us.

IMHO,
The unions will try and exert control over all working class, and place any middle class independent business man out on the streets, unable to compete against regulations and labor laws. We will have classic third world style income gap. Instead of everyone having TV to spread propaganda like in Cuba, we will have IPhones to make sure we can be tracked and informed.(as i type on my IPad) All of our convinance and comforts will be hard to let go.

I have no idea when I think this will happen, I do feel it may happen soon, but at any rate unpresidented change is going to happen.

One more thought, count this time of trial and testing as a blessing, for you and your family are one step closer to being prepared to handle the comming crises.

Now get over yourself and buy your wife some flowers, and her mother too.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Observationalist because: Way to many gramer and spelling I give up.

Very stern words.
I thank you for them as much as any. Flowers it is.
Whether I can afford them or not she's getting them.
edit on 18-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes, I do see what's happening around this country and none of it good. I think both parties have contributed to it to. I, too, have a story to tell, but I don't wish sympathy either. The situation is not good for me or mine, suffice it to say.

Good luck to you and your wife.
edit on 18-9-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I am sorry for your hardships but the biggest problem we as a people face is the fact that we don't care until it happens to US! Even though we are all the same we let TPTB divide us in this ultra competitive world! Instead of standing togeather we are divided as adversaries! All i have to say is shame on all that will wait until the enevitable coarse of our pathetic government has a detrimental effect on any of us and this will be the utter downfall that will cause so many to perrish! God help us all cause the cost of allowing this will go much farther then our jobs and homes for it may cost us our lives! It seems the only way to find peace in this day and age is through the grave! May God have mercy on us all!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Originally posted by Quadrivium
Let's start out with your thoughts on what is coming Randy.
What is the "####" (from your title) that you see in our near future?

I see a populace that is in disarray, because half of them used to be middle class and don't know how to do anything to sustain themselves without a supermarket.

Sink or swim - yep, water is getting deep for many. Remember though, 'Necessity who is the Mother of Invention'
Mother of Invention Wiki

The other half so disillusioned and weak from years of poverty they're just as worthless to themselves as they are to anyone else.

Trying to live outside one's means yields a 'shock' when the bubble bursts. Don't have too much hubris in regards to money and keep in mind that money ≠ happiness.

I see a world with no privacy and the slightest thing said or done out of line or against the state can cost a person ...

I agree, we've seen some so-called examples of this recently, and the media does such a great job at shaping opinions and causing further splintering of social groups. Definite cause to be vigilant in regards to these matters.

I see a world where everything you think and say is known and there are ten people salivating waiting to take all that you have worked for. ...a privilege to live. ...along the lines of "The Hunger Games" ...
edit on 18-9-2012 by randyvs

I blame bath salts for those ten salivating reptilian core, zombified, face-eating elitists. j/k

I think you've made some rather accurate points with regards to 'the state of things' for many.
I also think you may have layed a good foundation for some re-thinking of how people might cope.

I am not overly religious by any means, but I do recognize that FAITH is a powerful thing for people.
It helps to take a moment and reflect - and be thankful that things are not worse...(yet).

Peace - and thanks all for the great posts here.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I never had the pleasure of conversing with you. But i do feel for you and your wife.

They have taken everything from us. And things aren't going to just change or get better.

Not until we get mad enough to change things ourselves.

I often sit back in AWE, watching it all play out. Wondering how the H3LL we let these psychos ruin our planet.

Have we really become that complacent? We watch our brothers and sisters on the other side of the world get blown apart. What happened to basic human rights?

Our hearts have been hardened, by manufactured chemicals & propaganda.

We need to stand up & unite. We need to remember what it means to be human again.

They have rendered us cold and indifferent.

Injustice to one person anywhere is an injustice to everyone everywhere.

Strangest thing is we outnumber them 99 to 1. They cant win if/when we get ourselves together.

Some folks are born to wave the flag,
Ooh, they're red, white and blue.
And when the band plays "Hail to the chief",
Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no,
Yeah!

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh.
But when the taxman comes to the door,
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes,
[ Lyrics from: www.lyricsfreak.com... ]
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes,
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,
And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
Ooh, they only answer More! more! more! yoh,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, one.
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no,

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You have quite a mess on your hands .... I have compassion for you, as I have been down those roads myself. But remember, chaos is nothing but restructuring. Sometimes you've gotta lose the old, before you can step into the new.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's too bad that poor choices follow us EVERYWHERE and FOREVER. I don't think it's right.
I made poor choices early in my life. Buying stuff on credit, of which, I had none. Fortunately, it was before everyone was linked in so I could leave the east coast and go to the west coast and not have stuff like not paying a bill follow me out there (mid 70's). Now, that kind of behavior follows you. I stopped making poor choices when I joined the military and ended up being very successful. If it was 10 years later, who knows what would have happened.
I tried to reinforce this with my sons but time will tell.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
reply to post by randyvs

Yes the world has gone to hell and is getting worse with all the intrusions into your private life, your past, your social life etc. Government and corporations are hell bent on enslaving us all and destroying any chance we have for freedom and success.

You could come out to North Dakota, plenty of jobs here and iron workers are making upwards of $60 an hour in the oil patch. I relocated here from Florida last year and love it here, Ill never go back to that hellish state.

Now this right here is something I would do if I could just be guaranteed some work. I'd hop a bus or truck and get myself there. Can you help a guy out with more information. I might be able to get a plane ticket thru the county. Willing to relocate even if I have to hitch a ride. Tell me where to go exactly and I'll hit the ground running with tons of experience and I've never been fired from a job. Tell me where to go ? Please Please ? I would love to send for wife and her boy later once settled.
edit on 18-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Things get bad enough go get some welfare. The system used you use it back. All the years you and your wife paid taxes you should be entitled to get some of it back. Nothing wrong with it when falling on hard times. Thats what it's there for.

link   
reply to post by randyvs

More than what it is tough, it is very infuriating! How dare they do this to us? How dare we allow it!!?
I totally empathize with you. You have your pride in tact and that is one of the precious things they CANNOT take away from you. Well done and keep that sharp chin up! Regards to your wife.

This weekend I watched the movie 'In Time'. Has anyone seen it?

In this movie money is replaced by time. Life time. You are born with 25 years of time plus one year. After that you have to earn your time to live. You can borrow or give time as a gift, but it is rare in the Ghetto areas. Of course there is the elite, who lives in the Greenwich zone, with plenty of time. Their view in the elite area: that many poor have to sacrifice their lives in order for a small percentage to remain immortal. Constantly gaining eons of time at the cost of lives in the ghettos. The concept is a freak out and had me thinking about this till today, Tuesday.

So, this is slavery to the max. If you don't earn time, if you don't slave away, you don't live. When your time runs out and you have not been able to recharge, you simply switch off and die. No mercy.

Not much different from what we already have today, I'm afraid.

This planet could be our home. Our pride and joy.
It is not.
It is our prison.
We, the slaves!

We don't want this anymore!
Get up! Stand up! Stand up for your rights!

We need an UPRISING so badly.

link   
reply to post by randyvs

Many a man has found it necessary to make his own opportunities! Steel working is a real skill man, and I suggest you build and sell a few sawmills.

Stop stressing and start building! Half the effort you gave to your employer will see you rolling in it! Once you get rolling you can make loads of stuff, go cart frames, well drills, sawmills, anything that you can sell for profit!

Try a search for sawmill plans on Google, or just look at some portable band mills! Oh and hey, those cheap little well drills sell for thousands on eBay!

Like those before you, adapt and overcome!

Try a google search for sawmill plans. Oh, and Linn Lumber has the simplest and best sawframe on the market! He sells the plans or they can also be found in a different variant from these plans.
www.dyndnsservices.com...

Look at these well drills.
www.aandddrillingsupply.myipsites.com...

Here are few videos!

Those who do step up are building new opportunity and innovation. Those who keep their hand out either don't want to work, don't have the ability or are just plain lazy!

edit on 18-9-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry you are having troubles. Most states are fire at will states but as far as them giving your wife a bad reference there is a thing called The Right to Work Act and they violated it. I would contact the Labor Board in your state and file a complaint. Civil court is also an option since they can not prove she stole anything. You may come out alright in the end.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Doing the same things over and over again is insanity. To stop being a slave to the man you have to become the man. Thinking outside of the box is vital this day and age. Dont look at you and your wife's shortcomings as a wrong or a fall but a beginning. If i were in the predicaments i encountered twenty years ago i would completely agree with you. However, opportunity even today is abound and you and your wife possess the skills needed. For example, a person with 21 years experience in the bakery surely your wife possesses the capability,know how,and customer base to open her own bakery. Begin with advertising baking patriotic cookies and taking them to firemen and police officers in payment of gratitude for their service during our time. then start a cookie drive to deliver troops cookies theirs all the publicity you need.

However, being a business owner you step out of being a slave to corporation and become a slave to your customer base. Customers are not regulated like corporations are,

Another approach is to sue the bakery for slander if they cannot find outright evidence of wrongdoing the will lose and most likely attempt to settle out of court.

As for iron worker broaden your horizons and think outside of the box for opputunity and it will find you.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I am a Canadian though I now live in Algeria, and I must say thank God someone else sees how the social levels not just the US but Canada and other parts of the world as well have deteriorated to nothing short of survival and selfishness. I just spent the last 3 months in Canada to see my family, I was afraid to even come home, and it has all but disintegrated, there is no jobs though I have a degree in International studies and have been a corporate restaurant manager for years, and at this point I couldnt even get a serving position cause times are so cut-throat literally. I had the worst time of my life coming home, I faced nothing but egocentric people who care nothing about others genuinely unless they can be used and abused. I am back to my home in the mountains quite contentedly hiding from the world and watching the fireworks from a distance and I believe the show is about to start. I am truly sorry for your situation OP,this world needs serious help, peace.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Nothing special to add.

However, OP, if things get sticky at some point with like a phone bill or something like that, U2U me and I'll try to get a few ATS members to put a few dollars together.

There's enough of us on here, to help out all those who need help, just by donating a dollar a piece via paypal.

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm here in that regard! I was in your situation 6-8 months ago and have experienced a 180. I want the same for you.

You 2 stay strong.
peace

A perfectly nice gesture but right now I feel No. Dakota may be a happening thing for me. I keep hearing that pop up from different sources all together and I once knew a man of great intel who used to say, " If the river makes noise ? It's because there is something in it ".

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry you are having troubles. Most states are fire at will states but as far as them giving your wife a bad reference there is a thing called The Right to Work Act and they violated it. I would contact the Labor Board in your state and file a complaint. Civil court is also an option since they can not prove she stole anything. You may come out alright in the end.

I am sorta a legal guru in the area of employment law. So do not think I do not agree with your premise, but I must point out the errors. Most states are "employment at will" meaning that you can be fired for any reason or no reason at all; you are not under a contract and you or your employer can terminate employment without any warning or notice. (Most employers will frown on you for not giving them notice though and may prevent you from obtaining employment in the future). The Right To Work Act only means that one has a right to work without joining a union, nothing more, nothing less. If you go to the labor board arguing they violated the right to work act they will laugh at you.

In the OP's case, he very well might have a cause of action for his wife as a EEOC violation or some other sort of retaliation complaint, check the state laws some states have more protections then others. Additionally, he might be able to recover unemployment benefits. Many states require the employer to prove that the employee was fired through fault of their own doing. If anything it costs them time and money to fight these things and to prove their case. In other words, just because an employer says they fired you through fault does nothing if they cannot provide some type of proof you did what they said you did. If I were the OP's wife I was file unemployment, and plan to appeal the decision through all levels. I would also have the OP's wife explore the possibility of an EEOC violation based on her age (if she is over 40) and status as a woman.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
I hear you man, personally I have been un-employed or under-employed for five years.
This too shall pass.
This song has helped me

Hang in it will get better eventually.
edit on 18-9-2012 by RedmoonMWC because: Video problems

My God, this is a tremendous place.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

When the going gets tough, the tough kick some ass. You got any bubblegum? You NEVER have bubblegum, Randy, I think you just like kicking ass.

I just wrote a friend that I've been feeling that all I'm doing here is playing in the mud and talking to myself when there are people out there to be loved I haven't even met yet.

Someone told me long ago
There's a calm before the storm,
I know
It's been comin for some time.

When it's over, so they say,
It'll rain a sunny day,
I know
Shinin down like water.

[Chorus]
I want to know, have you ever seen the rain
I want to know, have you ever seen the rain
Comin down on a sunny day

Yesterday, and days before,
Sun is cold and rain is hard,
I know
Been that way for all my time.

'Til forever, on it goes
Through the circle, fast and slow,
I know
It can't stop, I wonder.

Love Ya, Brudda…you know all the reasons why.

edit on 18-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
"what is being done to people by these corporations is just completely over the top."

Corporations.... try your own government. If corporations are so bad then stop buying gas, food, and any other items you get at the store. T

theres only a few bad corporations and thats the banks, not the rest of america! The major banks and government are to blame. Im tired of people putting the blame on corporations. Like it or not there is alot of really good companys out there. All hurting because of the FED's and the bankers.

PS
Im sorry for whats happening to you. Its happening to all of us. your not alown
edit on 18-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

You are right, this is global - not just America. Mass protests in Spain, Greece, Portugal, India - the list goes on. I live in the UK and many people, including myself, have seen what we thought were secure jobs, just cut and taken away. And this is just history repeating itself. The Victorian era in the UK was extremely difficult for those in agricultural work and also in factories. Those not in positions of power, hired by others, have always been at the mercy of those doing the hiring, because the hirers (bosses) will (almost) always think of the welfare of themselves and their own families before any others when the going gets difficult.

The idea of bartering, as suggested by several, is great - it also, of course, does away with taxes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join