It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's coming is #### !

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Your analogy with the pyramid is perfect. Did you know that the word pyramid means fire in the middle ? As for War Pigs you'll have to post it yourself but I do invite you to do so.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Start learning to can your own food, long time from harvest to when crops start putting out. When you do plant a garden if tshtf you better gaurd that food day and night because if they do come for your food, it'll be when they think you're sleeping.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randy,
Things got interesting for me after we last talked. Thought I might share my experience.

Shortly after I posted on this thread encouraging you, my life situations slipped into similar despair.

My business activity was slowing down all summer, but in September it just stopped. I guess people were waiting for the election.

We could not make rent and no money was coming in, we had used all our savings during the summer to get by. My wife started suffering from anxiety attacks, stressing out about the finances. We have no major debt or big payments just rent, healthcare for my wife and 3 kids, gas and food. We live pretty skinny already but this was it. There was nothing on the horizon as far as potential income. I had exhausted all my options, people were just not around or willing to pay for my service.

Our plan was to have the wife and kids move back with my parents in Northern Cal, while I stayed back to keep trying and find a second job.
My wife desperate, posted on Facebook our struggles and to tell our friends we might be moving away, and ask for prayer.

Here comes God and his Angels with some humble pie.

Our friends from church pick up on this and rallied. Groceries show up at our door, not just any groceries but specific items that our family needs. Gift cards and checks, offers to babysit and cook meals. The pastor of our church shows up at our house to deliver a check that was enough to get us through December. We were floored by their generosity. It was hard for me to accept these checks and gifts with no conditions but only to receive it. I'm a worker, I want to work to earn my money and I'm responsible to provide for my family. it may seem odd but this was tough for me.

My wife is much more social than me, I don't have a ton of friends so to have these friends and not even like real good friends, acquaintance offer to help me and my family, It was humbling and inspiring.

Some where late November a friend I worked with before came back in town from Chicago, where he was having great success all summer with a similar program I was working on, again humbling. I learned my lesson, and let my ego go. I let him help me restructure my program, and it worked. It has worked wonders to the point now that I'm fairly confident we will be able to stay here in San Diego.

We have a few hurdles left. We have no tax savings for my business, and the owner of our condo is selling in May.

Even if we still have to move out of San Diego, I don't really care. I know that where ever I go God has got my back, it just sucks that he need to kick me in the butt to get me to realize that.

I know now to trust others as well. My skeptical nature conflicts with letting people in to my personal space. I'm much more open now to receiving help and encouragement.

I know for a fact, that when we hear of some one else on the ropes, struggling, we are going to be giving what we can to help them along.

Randy, if your still reading, if you need anything I may not be able to offer much but let me know.

One more thing, I know many here despise the Christian religion, just realize that not all churches and Christians fall into the nut job stereotype that is prevalent here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

I'm a worker, I want to work to earn my money and I'm responsible to provide for my family. it may seem odd but this was tough for me.

I been the same way, you wouldn't believe who God has sent to help us out more than once. The Mormons and JW's. Our cupboards are full of Mormon soups and chile and veggies, I'm truly a Christian but always viewed them as a cult. Never again will I turn them away or be rude because of what you mention above. The worst thing we face at the moment is having our silly cable bill shut off so we're still plug'in along my brother. We have full Belly's all the time and as I said in my OP I will remain happy. That's what Christ does to us after all isn't it? Your post got me all misty.
Thank you for post and generosity Ob. We're going to be okay one way or another.
edit on 7-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What happened to your drowning Tut. It made me think of this song, which I think is relevant to this thread.

JARS OF CLAY - WORK LYRICS

Just in case
I will leave my things packed
So I can run away
I cannot trust these voices

I don't have a lot of prospects
That can give some kind of peace
There is nothing left to cling to
That can bring me sweet release

I have no fear of drowning
It's the breathing
That's taking all this work

Do you know what I mean
When I say I don't wanna be alone?
What I mean when I say
I don't wanna be alone?

Empty spaces
Shadows hit by streetlights
The warning signs and weight
Of tired conversations

In the absence of a shoulder
In the absence of a thief
On the brink of this destruction
On the eve of bittersweet

Now all the demons look like prophets
And I'm living out
Every word they speak
Every word they speak

: Lyric source

-------

I'm ready for all this to be over, I'm ok with drowning into Gods Glory, its putting up with all these demons and evil that frustrate this planet that wear on me. It's getting harder to be a light in the darkness.

It's easy to feel alone. I think back to Elisha's servant who was afraid of the armies surrounding them.
Elisha asked the Lord to open his eyes.

“Don’t be afraid!” Elisha told him. “For there are more on our side than on theirs!” Then Elisha prayed, “O L ord , open his eyes and let him see!” The L ord opened the young man’s eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire. (2 Kings 6:16, 17 NLT)

Back to work.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

He'll be back after these messages.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StayAlert1

Just wanted to ask you how you've been holding up since I put this thread up ?
Been going thru a lot of my oldies today. I go to Swift trucking school in three months
So that's what's in front of me.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Off topic

Randy buddy. My local weather map shows Applevalley about 3 hours away...if I visit, I'm gonna need to crash there; but don't fret, as I no longer attack those that drink banquet beer.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Have you considered North Dakota?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I did enough research to know a guy could get in a real bind unless he
knows he has a job. And also where or what he'll be doing for sleeping quarters.
I'm waiting to here from Molycorp. Or I'll be going over the road for Swift.
edit on 27-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Bigbrothersnightmare
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

i will be with you all when the time comes too strike back. things all arent sunshine and roses where i am from either. who will be the john connor and bring us all together?

No one is John Connor.

Everyone, after it is all over, will look back
and only then will the person be chosen.

People will say "I knew them," or
"I was there with them."

Just look at what happened to Jesus.
Even his closest circle deserted him
on the darkest of all nights.

The legend grows after the fact.

Then even former enemies will come
across and fight for the winning side.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Anytime Face, you know that.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Hey bro, I enjoyed that video a lot. I am not going to crown those guys as the next best thing, cause they are not, but the message I did feel. They obviously were influenced though by the bands from the early 2000's without a doubt. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I am sorry to hear randy. Over in Aus we can relate. We are lucky too at the moment myself, husband and our daughter are living with my mother, so we have no rent, but all our money is on bills, and each month is seems harder to make ends meet. It's been this way for us for about 7 years now, just treading water, some days it's just too damn hard and you have to throw yourself a pity party, as much as you try to tell yourself and your loved ones that 'it will get better for us' sometimes, it just doesn't, and it's the same for some families I am close to, that were previously successful, selling their homes and moving in with family to just afford live.

I wish you and your family the best.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Very nice to hear from you BK.
You know it's bad when we aren't even BS'n each other about it.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I threw a pebble into a pond, the ripples acknowledged the presence of both. The shore received their call. Footprints faded into the air, as I left from whence I came.

<< 12  13  14   >>

join