It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's coming is #### !

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Jobs are hard to come by, but Obama says otherwise. Looking around I see more and more people on the streets...the other day, first time in my 50 plus year life, a guy walked up to me as I was ordering at a drive through and told me he was hungry. I asked him what he wanted and he said, a number two if I could. Well I got him a number two supersize and when I left the window I drove over to him and gave him the food. He couldn't even talk much he was so grateful...

Four years ago my company was hiring and wanted 100 new employees that they got 180 resumes for. In the last few months they hired 17 people and got 1500 resumes. We really need to look at what has happen these last four years to see where the jobs have gone and more importantly what has delayed the rebound. I do not see things getting much better in the next 4 years, so those out of work or way underemployed you have my prayers as things will not change anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

People like you are why God isn't ready to give up on mankind.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Welcome to the end game.

I obviously should have been born 250 years ago.

Two lines.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I can see their plan clear as day. Weak'in us, disarm us and then do away with us. It's that simple

Well, it does seem that way doesn't it. One only maintains a herd in large numbers when it's profitable in some way, for years many of us have been watching what is know as "The Great Downsizing" of the herd coming into fruition. Perhaps though, (if there IS a bright side) as things get harder people will learn to stick together and cooperate more, (at least in their own 'tribes' eg the book Ishmael) where I live in the Midwest we have communities of people who voluntarily live and set up owner built homes on a large tract of land that they only pay a dollar a square foot to live on the place. They share a common area, help each other build, use recycled and native materials, have gardens and protein sources, make their own brew and other products and seem to be pretty happy (when I visited) with their low key close to the land and community lifestyle. Maybe that's a part of the future. IMo one is only as trapped by The Machine as one allows themselves to be dependent on The Machine. I've ran into many of the same difficulties you mention in your OP and for me I'm realizing the future is going to be based on disconnect whether voluntary and proactively sought up front or forced at a later date.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well, that perhaps gives you a place to stay while you check out the job situation.

Definitely worth considering. I'm not a native Texan but now I wouldn't live anywhere else. Be prepared for HOTTTTTTTTT summers.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by randyvs

Get into the truck driving business bro, get to see plenty of scenery and you can take your wife with you. I did it for 4 years until i got married. Pays not bad, you have beds in your truck. When you need money it's a job. We all know what's coming, i think even the foolish virgins who don't have enough oil in their lamps can feel the Groom coming. Everyone else is feeling dread because instinctively they know whats coming too, they think it's this 12-21-12 Mayan b.s. but that aint it.

I think it's really wierd that so many people have gotten a "bad feeling" that they can't really put their finger on. My "bad feeling" started three years ago this month. And nothings happened to make me think I'm wrong.

I sure wish houses in my part of the country had basements. Mine would be full of food, water...

Al I can do is grow a garden. I have a pressure canner and I'm learning to can. I have a little 290 watt solar power system that feeds my 5,000 watt battery backup. That'll run the freezer full of meat and my fridge and some lights and computer/internet...

What I really want to do is get 3-5 acres and establish a small home off the grid. I'm 52, and retirement as we now know it will not exist in 15 years. Or less. I'm trying to convince the wife. It's a hard sell, but we're going to look at 4 acres next weekend...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

I sure wish houses in my part of the country had basements. Mine would be full of food, water...

You mean you would be wait for it.....................................A TERRORIST ? OM GEWD Noooooo !

O h noz oh noz oh noz!
edit on 6-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I don't see how blaming the corporations helps.
It's like blaming the cows for eating your grass.
The cows didn't leave the barn door open.
The blame goes to the politicians who have made it not only legal but lucrative to remove jobs from the US for the last half century.
Of course. The politicians are a lot like those cows.
Somebody let them out of the barn to run wild.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by marbles87

Welcome to the end game.

I obviously should have been born 250 years ago.

Two lines.

This time Randy it is literally fighting the devil..

I laughed at some peoples comments in your "lynch em" thread talking about what would Jesus do.. Jesus meek and mild lol.. Not knowing that when He comes back He is comming at the head of an army.. Is white robes splattered red with the blood of His enemies.. He is comming to kick ass...

Meek and mild? ... Lol... What would Jesus do???.. How about grind them to dust?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

How about grind them to dust?

I view that thread as one of my most perfect threads of conviction. Even careful to use only Gods judgement. You prolly noticed all the pics that got snipped. I mean it was pushing the envelope big time with images of hangings and thee holocaust and Nazi's on trial. Nauseating to a lot of members. I was so surprised the mods and admins. even let it fly ! I would not attempt it again tho.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hang in there Randy!
Have you thought about legal action regarding the wrongful termination of your wife? I know I know- it's a huge emotional, financial drain- but they may be able to help. I have a friend going through this and fortunately he has loads of proof- the lawyer took his case pro bono. I think time is a factor here if you want to pursue that line.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hi Randy, I just saw this thread today for the first time.

I'm sorry about your wife.

I've noticed something for the last few years which seems to be accelerating.

If you do a good job, work hard, and are conscientious, you have a target on your back. The more experience you have in a profession the more of a "threat" you are.

Don't even get me started on how many times I've seen someone take credit for someone else's hard work or creative ideas.

It used to be, for the most part, that people who were fired or layed off, had it comin'

That is simply not the case anymore.

I believe the root cause is selfishness or selfcenteredness.

Often times CEO's and managers are not focused on the company and their customers. They are looking to pad their own resume, so they can move on to the next gig. Or they are looking at "the numbers" in order to meet a bonus or justify their own position.

I have a friend who works for JC Penny, and the new CEO and his policies have been a disaster. So now middle management gets slashed and now everyone else is overworked and underpaid.

Smaller companies tend to have issues with nepotism. If I had a nickle for every time I heard about someones kid taking over the company and then runnin' it into the ground...........

As far as people giving you advice to move.

I'm sure they mean well, but I've done it, and it ain't that easy to leave your friends and family behind and go some place new.

Money ain't everything, there's something to be said for emotional well being, especially for women. That is true if you go together but especially true if you leave her behind to find work.

There might be jobs in North Dakota but the cost of living is high because of the situation.

If the move doesn't work, you could literally be on the street.

In a survival situation it is best to stay together. That's just my 2 cents.

A company your wife might want to check out is The Container Store. I learned about this company from a business seminar. They have an employee first culture.

On a spiritual note, find a Kingdom Hall, and you and your wife will find friends Randy. Sometimes it's not what you know, but who you know.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

Your advice is the truest my friend indeed.

Money ain't everything, there's something to be said for emotional well being, especially for women. That is true if you go together but especially true if you leave her behind to find work.

I've done this going out to Texas to work for a month. Didn't get along with the gangster type company I had to keep and topping it off, I missed my wife and others miserably. At 54 it's just not worth the time away from them no matter what. You are so right.

Kingdom Hall, will do !

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Necessary #### is coming.

Our way of life is coming to a close.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Sad but true.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Sad but true.

I could post a million metallica videos for this thread in particular.

Was thinking Master of Puppets...but I think the more fitting song would be

Keep calm and chive on brother!
edit on 6-1-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

It's amazing to me the solace we can find in the velocity of very angry music. You rock my friend !

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Necessary #### is coming.

Our way of life is coming to a close.

I would think the *first* thing people would prepare for (however one can) is the sudden loss of income which it seems can strike anyone at any moment. I live every day knowing my job could end tommorrow, my last check showed I am now being forced to give another 20 dollars a week, I can hardly afford, to the Washington waste crowd. What do I do if my income stops altogether? I downsize, maybe have to declare bankruptcy, sell of my few possessions i don't need, learn to produce more of my own food, and perhaps try and ride it out. I remember my dad told me during the depression when he was a boy, he hadn't eaten for a couple of days and then found some stale crackers in a cupboard and had lunch. But he survived and they survived, cycles come and go, yes this one seems to be a rather large one, but is it really the end of the world as we know it?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

this one seems to be a rather large one, but is it really the end of the world as we know it?

That remains to be seen I suppose.

I had a dream. Crazy dream.
Anything I wanted to know, any place I needed to go

Hear my song. People won't you listen now? Sing along.
You don't know what you're missing now.
Any little song that you know
Everything that's small has to grow.
And it has to grow!

California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain
Honolulu Starbright - the song remains the same.

Sing out Hare Hare, dance the Hoochie Koo.
City lights are oh so bright, as we go sliding... sliding... sliding through.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I love Zeppelin, used to have the 8 track

Ok my question was a rhetorical one only. Yes. Likely we're on the edge of major change. (a Turning?) The problem as I see it is that the world is on the downside of The Pyramid. I think of it as going up the front side of the pyramid (1 billion to 6 billion or so in about the last century) and now possibly going over the top and now down the backside of the pyramid (possible 6 billion back down to 1 billion) in the next. The planners would certainly like that, think of how that could solve part of the fiscal 'crisis'. My guess is that the next phase of The (downsizing) Agenda will involve a *plague* of some kind, likley a biolab created superflu, and of course the vaccines to help make sure it accomplishes it's goals. (Ok cue in War Pigs here)

edit on 6-1-2013 by Tecumte because: sp.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join