It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just broke up w/ boyfriend... How can I cheer up?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
I just broke up with boyfriend today over a few things that I found disrespectful on his part. I had told him months ago to stop it but he continued doing it. I refuse to put up with things like that. Im feeling very down and depressed and need to cheer up.

Recommendations anyone ?
If there was anyone to win your heart on ATS
And given a chance to cheer you up Who would be given that chance?
Anyone you admire?

Im really not thinking about that right now. Im sure I will meet someone in the future, but right now, I just want to get over this dreaded feeling. Its completely bringing me down like nothing else. Maybe in the future..

link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Now might be a good time to mainly do things that give yourself a sense of self respect. You've already done a great one by ending the relationship. Stay in that zone, all the while focusing on this: After rain comes sunshine. And when it does, you will be ready for it.

link   

Visit @buckshort on instagram.

He always makes me laugh.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
I got over my ex by hating the things she did whenever I missed her.

With time it got easier and better.

As for cheering up ... Go buy some KFC ... It's finger licking smile ticking good

I could barely eat my salad today. I guess the good part about this might be the weight loss since I tend not to eat at all when im depressed.. Thanks for the tip. At this moment, I'd rather forget he even exists. However, I know ill probably have to face the problem to get over it. Thanks

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Buy some shoes!!!!!
Always works for my wife...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Get in touch with a few old friends that you haven't had time for (due to the disrespectful EX) and start planning an all girl's weekend. Get several bottles of good wine, bust out with the hair and nail makeover products, drag out some old favorite CDs, get out the crazy "going to da club" makeup. Then get drunk, give each other makeovers, dress up crazy and go out somewhere and giggle and dance your butts off!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

ok i'm gonna assume from the name that your into black metal, just remember how theraputic that style of music can be, a bit of "EMPEROR" or "IMMORTAL" for power, and hell if your really cut, nothing like putting on a bit of "CARPATHIAN FOREST" and screaming "SHUT UP!!! THERE'S NO EXCUSE TO LIVE!!!!" over and over again can help, I know it helps me

also remember JUST HOW MANY fish are in the sea...... I know there will be someone to love and respect you for who you are, no exceptions. It can take a LONG time to find said person, but they do exist

Love, Light, and all that crap......

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

There are many fish in the sea! Congrats for not putting up with someone who doesn't treat you the way you want to be treated! Companionship can be a chain around your heart and ankles or a beautiful thing! Don't settle for the sake of having someone..........

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
go to the shooting range

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
Get in touch with a few old friends that you haven't had time for (due to the disrespectful EX) and start planning an all girl's weekend. Get several bottles of good wine, bust out with the hair and nail makeover products, drag out some old favorite CDs, get out the crazy "going to da club" makeup. Then get drunk, give each other makeovers, dress up crazy and go out somewhere and giggle and dance your butts off!

I love bowling, so maybe ill do that. I dont go out at all. (and ii really mean at all) so maybe I should. I just turned 30 a few months ago so maybe its time to just focus on loving myself for a while. Thank you for your words !

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Breaking up is never easy. We women tend to feel worse over it, whether we are the breaker or the breakee.

Give yourself some time to grieve over it. That is very necessary. Take some time when you get off work, cry it out, gather your friends around you and cry some more. But stay strong, don't allow emotions to make you try and get back together with him because it will ease the pain. Don't ever go backwards in life, always go forward.

As the days go by, you'll cry less and less...and then, one day, you won't cry at all, and you'll start looking at things with fresh eyes and a more positive spirit.

There is no need to hook up with a new man right away. Men tend to want to get with another girl physically ASAP to make themselves feel better. Women usually need to work through the emotionality of the break-up before going out and trying somebody new.

If you find yourself thinking about him too much, realize that it is a mental habit that must be broken. A good way to do that is to wear a rubber band around your wrist, and each time you find yourself thinking of him, snap that rubber band hard against your wrist, and then immediately thing of something positive that has nothing to do with him (such as being on a tropical island, or shopping with your friends, whatever makes you happy).

Best of luck to you!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Phroziac, first your quicksand thread and now this! real world knowledge and a quick wit! You beat me to it. keep on keepin on brother.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Your welcome Sugar! It's what I would tell one of my own daughters to do. Old friends and laughter is the best medicine to cure whatever ails you. Good luck, and get feeling better soon!

link   

Originally posted by dollukka

You are Great, remember that. There is no reason whatsoever to stay in relationship which has disrespectful behavior. You have just saved yourself ! Disrespectful behavior is on sign of abusive in relationship and if you allow that to happen its get only worse.

Don´t stay at home by yourself seek people who love you around you.

I will remember that. Thanks. I think that in the long rong, Im going to be happy. I feel sad right now but I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I couldn't continue living my everyday life like I was living it before.

link   

When in a relationship we often miss out on things we would like to do due to compromise

which is necessary to have a successful 'relationship'

WELL NOW IT'S YOUR TIME

Spoil yourself, be a little selfish, Do all the things you wanted to do but never got round to!

Indulge enjoy....and GOOD LUCK

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blazingdefiance

LOL this was going to be my answer, you beat me to it

Also Op. You're pretty tasty so don't worry, I'm sure you'll find a better guy at some point

edit on 17-9-2012 by nostromo85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Breaking up is never easy. We women tend to feel worse over it, whether we are the breaker or the breakee.

Give yourself some time to grieve over it. That is very necessary. Take some time when you get off work, cry it out, gather your friends around you and cry some more. But stay strong, don't allow emotions to make you try and get back together with him because it will ease the pain. Don't ever go backwards in life, always go forward.

As the days go by, you'll cry less and less...and then, one day, you won't cry at all, and you'll start looking at things with fresh eyes and a more positive spirit.

There is no need to hook up with a new man right away. Men tend to want to get with another girl physically ASAP to make themselves feel better. Women usually need to work through the emotionality of the break-up before going out and trying somebody new.

If you find yourself thinking about him too much, realize that it is a mental habit that must be broken. A good way to do that is to wear a rubber band around your wrist, and each time you find yourself thinking of him, snap that rubber band hard against your wrist, and then immediately thing of something positive that has nothing to do with him (such as being on a tropical island, or shopping with your friends, whatever makes you happy).

Best of luck to you!

I have a feeling im going to be doing a whole lot of crying for the next few days. The worse part is that our anniversary was supposed to be next week. That makes things hurt a whole lot more. I may have to put a whole bunch of rubber bands around my wrist. The worse part of this all is that he doesnt even acknowledge my breaking up with him. I told him and he hasnt replied back at all. Nothing.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Gorgeous girl, you look nothing like 30 if that's you in your avatar!
Sounds like you're well shot of him, although I know it hurts just now, but seriously...just enjoy being single for a bit...it can be so much fun and so empowering. On a practical level, go shopping...new clothes, new haircut, you know the drill.

How about rearranging the apartment too? That always works for me. Make it look as different as possible, and make it smell different...scented candles or even incense work extremely well, and will help clean out all the bad vibes he might have left behind. Physical cleaning is a great therapy.

Finally....chin up and I know you'll know what to avoid in the future. I had years...decades actually...of really crappy relationships that left me quite broken, but at last, even I managed to find an absolute king of a man, who is everything and more that I could ever want. It will happen for you, so expect it!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The worse part of this all is that he doesnt even acknowledge my breaking up with him. I told him and he hasnt replied back at all. Nothing.

So he is a total jerk to boot. He's not even acknowledging that you mean anything to him at all. That should only strengthen your resolve to blot him out of your life forever. He seems like he is one of those guys who is emotionally abusive. He wants you to feel bad. Good riddens to bad rubbish!!!

You did the right thing. Surgery hurts, but better to cut out the cancer than to let it consume you. You will heal, it will get better, I promise!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
and the wolves circle...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join