Just broke up w/ boyfriend... How can I cheer up?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
A good remedy for anything is good'ol laughter...here enjoy this video titled ''The Turkey whisperer''

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
But in all honesty casual sex is always the best way to forget someone

I just wouldn't try to find any of that from ATSers

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Honestly!! I'm shocked!

Nah, seriously though....you have a point...tis good stuff in very small amounts at the right time.

Even if she doesn't want to go that far, and I'm not sure I would either if I'm feeling delicate, finding people just to flirt with is fabulously entertaining and spirit lifting. I recommend that without hesitation!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

lol, eh my mind is far from hooking up right now to be honest. I think ill start with getting in shape and just concentrating on myself. You guys are slowly cheering me up. I hope to start with baby steps in getting my life together. Will be first time to be single in over 9 years. Ive got a long way to go...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

The worse part of this all is that he doesnt even acknowledge my breaking up with him. I told him and he hasnt replied back at all. Nothing.
reply to post by blackmetalmist

So he is a total jerk to boot. He's not even acknowledging that you mean anything to him at all. That should only strengthen your resolve to blot him out of your life forever. He seems like he is one of those guys who is emotionally abusive. He wants you to feel bad. Good riddens to bad rubbish!!!

You did the right thing. Surgery hurts, but better to cut out the cancer than to let it consume you. You will heal, it will get better, I promise!

I love the quote you just gave me. I will remember that from now on. And yes, hes a complete jerk. I know he is trying to do this on purpose to hurt me even more, like he has countless of times, Im just glad I had the strenght to say something this time. Now I just need to get my stuff from him that i left at his house....

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist

lol, eh my mind is far from hooking up right now to be honest. I think ill start with getting in shape and just concentrating on myself. You guys are slowly cheering me up. I hope to start with baby steps in getting my life together. Will be first time to be single in over 9 years. Ive got a long way to go...

Well you've got Greer to look forward to right?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Well you've got Greer to look forward to right?

I saw him yesterday actually! I posted the update on my thread early this morning. You can check it out !

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
blackmetalmist
I don't think he is worthy of your love if he can be disrespectful towards you..

I can understand your state of mind Ive been through it myself and its hurtful..Plus i know its hard to avoid his memories..

Try to keep your self busy as much as you can..concentrate on the other priority of your life like your family members who are always there for you...

Remember failure in any stage of life always opens the opportunity of other possibilities so be positive & gradually you will be able to control your feeling in a more practical way...

I know you don't want to hear this but "time heals all wounds" Do you favorite activity and avoid doing things which remind you about him...(hugs) peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The best advice has been given to you a number of times on your thread......

STAY BUSY!

Go out and do things, with friends, family or even by yourself. You will be fine as long as you are busy doing things that you enjoy or doing new things that you might enjoy.

DO NOT drink alcohol. DO NOT call, text or email him. DO NOT freak out about being single (you will end up trying to convince yourself that he wasn't THAT bad). DO NOT play the 'pity party' game, looking for people to encompass you to validate your feelings of sadness. The guy is gone in presence, now make him gone in thought as well.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
blackmetalmist
I don't think he is worthy of your love if he can be disrespectful towards you..

I can understand your state of mind Ive been through it myself and its hurtful..Plus i know its hard to avoid his memories..

Try to keep your self busy as much as you can..concentrate on the other priority of your life like your family members who are always there for you...

Remember failure in any stage of life always opens the opportunity of other possibilities so be positive & gradually you will be able to control your feeling in a more practical way...

I know you don't want to hear this but "time heals all wounds" Do you favorite activity and avoid doing things which remind you about him...(hugs) peace,sugarcookie1

Thank you. Theres part of me that wishes he says "im sorry and im never doing it again" but the old saying " an old tiger never changes his stripes" may be true in this case. He isnt gonna change and im fooling myself if i think he will. I think it is time to move on now at this new stage and era of my life. I just dont know where to go from here. I just know that another relationship will not be in my life any time soon. I dont want it nor need it. I just hope that soon this a memory from the distant past.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

[snip]

Unfortunately im at work right now, so im trying my hardest to not cry but im on the verge at points. I probably just need to let it out and that should help. I hope. I had forgotten why I dont like being in relationships. Love doesnt exist. Im convinced more than ever.

Love exists. It does, and you know it does -- and that's why it hurts when things like this happen.

Okay, I could well be older than your parents so you don't need to listen to me
but I'll offer a little advice anyway.

First, at least you made the decision now instead of much later. That's a positive. No sense going on with a relationship that's just not going the way that's right for you. Second, it's natural that you'll grieve for a while. Even if there was bad stuff there was surely some good as well and he was a part of your life. So you need a little time to adjust -- and yes, to cry, to get angry, to feel hurt, to reminisce, to cry again. It's much better to let it out.

Third and final: "Tomorrow is another day." Yes, that's an old one but it's still true and believe me, it helps to keep it in mind. The past is done. Look to tomorrow and things will get better.

Love is out there. Sometimes you find it, somtimes it finds you. But it'll happen.

Namaste,

Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

It's not good to keep your feelings bottled up ! Find a close friend ( female) that you can trust and talk about your problems and feelings with . Volunteer at a woman's shelter or salvation army hostel , being with and helping others that are less fortunate than yourself can help ? I wish You all the best !!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Well babe. as a 43 year old serial monogamist i have so been there,
First, don't worry life move's on, and you will feel better soon.
Second, you are an intelligent, independent, attractive young woman, so he is the muppet for driving you away.
Also don't feel bad for having a good cry, it's good for you'r state of mind and trust me i know im a scary looking martial arts instructor with a skin head and a massive scar right across my head(hence the skin head) and i cry if and when i feel the need. I find it releases a lot of mental pressure.
As someone has already said don't look for a rebound bloke. I find that you find a better standard of partner when you'r not looking, i found my sexy hippy chick when i wasn't looking and we just had our 10 year anniversary.

Chin up and you will soon be smiling.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by azbowhunter
The best advice has been given to you a number of times on your thread......

STAY BUSY!

Go out and do things, with friends, family or even by yourself. You will be fine as long as you are busy doing things that you enjoy or doing new things that you might enjoy.

DO NOT drink alcohol. DO NOT call, text or email him. DO NOT freak out about being single (you will end up trying to convince yourself that he wasn't THAT bad). DO NOT play the 'pity party' game, looking for people to encompass you to validate your feelings of sadness. The guy is gone in presence, now make him gone in thought as well.

I think this is one of the best advice ive gotten here... Not to freak out about being single because I will end up convincing myself he wasnt that bad. I tend to do that time and time again and that is why I always stayed in this relationship. Because I was scared to be alone and to be single and I hated it, but anything is better than what I went through. Its another advice that I will remember (along with many others you guys have given me )

Thank you ATS. You guys have helped me right now. Thank you

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Frankly I agree. Every word of it is brilliant advice and if you just go by what was said in that one post you won't go far wrong.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Take a break from him. Don't see any men for the time being and just focus on you. I think many of us try to do the rebound thing and end up right back where we started.

Enjoy the scenery, get out some more and basically enjoy yourself.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
Take a break from him. Don't see any men for the time being and just focus on you. I think many of us try to do the rebound thing and end up right back where we started.

Enjoy the scenery, get out some more and basically enjoy yourself.

I use to do the rebound thing so much before but now I just cant picture myself doing it. Im surprised but I think its because ive actually matured now and know that it wont bring me happiness.

Ill try to enjoy myself more. Thanks. I need to do that. I havent done that in a long time.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

also remember the Black Metal when getting in shape, if your lifting weights the drive of the music can help you get out those extra couple of reps, or same with a jog around the block, if your feeling tired tune into the music and let it push you into a higher state of power. as much as i love bands like "Emperor" if your feeling the pain in your workout try pumping some stuff that's a bit more morbid. i.e "Impaled nazarene" "mayhem" etc...

also remember when getting in shape how important diet is, (eat 5 small portions of food a day as opposed to 3 large portions) this will speed up your metabolism, also low sugar, high iron and protein (remember your body can't store protein NO MATTER WHAT! so go nuts) watch those carbs too. fruit, veg and nuts for snacks

and of course avoid heavily processed food, no white flour products (these are full of carbs and bad for the pineal gland) so NO white bread, pasta, rice etc. etc. 90% of the time their is a wholegrain alternative anyway

any more diet or musical advice i'm happy to help

Love, Light, and all that crap.....
edit on 17/9/2012 by blazingdefiance because: processed food

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazingdefiance

also remember the Black Metal when getting in shape, if your lifting weights the drive of the music can help you get out those extra couple of reps, or same with a jog around the block, if your feeling tired tune into the music and let it push you into a higher state of power. as much as i love bands like "Emperor" if your feeling the pain in your workout try pumping some stuff that's a bit more morbid. i.e "Impaled nazarene" "mayhem" etc...

also remember when getting in shape how important diet is, (eat 5 small portions of food a day as opposed to 3 large portions) this will speed up your metabolism, also low sugar, high iron and protein (remember your body can't store protein NO MATTER WHAT! so go nuts) watch those carbs too. fruit, veg and nuts for snacks

any more diet or musical advice i'm happy to help

I think I need you as my personal trainer lol ! Thanks for the advice. Ill definitely be bringing out my Inquisition cd's and play them. I need to release some anger.... and beneft from it as well. I think my diet will be ok. I rarely get hungry when im sad... Maybe its a good thing after all .

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

actually you would be surprised, it's better to eat more and healthy than to not eat, if you don't eat your body will have no energy to work out! I find the best way is to cook up A BIG lot of food and re-heat it as required like lean meats, lentils, veggies (EXCEPT POTATO!!!) also try to stear clear of the carbonated beverages (NOT GOOD!)
you will find pure water and the occasional juiece and smoothie will be all you need

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join