It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says explosives cut power line to nuclear site

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Iran says explosives cut power line to nuclear site

ca.news.yahoo.com

Explosives were used to cut the electricity power lines to Iran's underground enrichment plant last month, nuclear energy chief Fereydoun Abbasi-Davani told the annual member state gathering of the International Atomic Energy Agency on Monday.

Abbasi-Davani, in unusually strong language in an international forum, also accused the U.N. nuclear watchdog of a cynical approach and mismanagement and suggested that "terrorists and saboteurs" might have infiltrated it.

Iran has often accused ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com

edit on 17-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I had not heard about this explosion until today. Whether it is Iranian propaganda or actually true is for you to decide. I personally believe that this could be a joint American/Israeli venture if the story is true.

Iran has been facing various forms of sabotage over the years including but not limited to their scientists being assassinated and military installations suffering mysterious explosions.

Part of me understands why Iran is hesitant in letting inspectors near certain facilities due to all the recent sabotage they have suffered.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This issue is such a mind boggling cluster # as we have no clue who is screwing who without even a kiss to be had.

This stuff is heart wrenching for all people's.

The threat of fear from nukes is in my opinion not needed and the abuse of power and technology will be mans fall once again.

When will we ever learn we cannot abuse power?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Oh this sounds perfectly believable and expected to me. They'd want to find out how well developed the facility really is to get a sense of it's sophistication and size underground. What better way...or maybe only way....than to cut above-ground power and see if and for how long the facility down below can keep on going? I'll bet the reaction showed the people who did it everything they were looking to see from it.

I really wish they'd be CAREFUL where the whole allegation is about active industrial processes involving highly radioactive nuclear material. Iranian and Western leaders may come and go but the damage these facilities can do in being attacked in a sloppy way (really...being attacked AT ALL) could be catastrophic even when all goes "right". That can last for decades or centuries.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I wonder what the Israeli/American response would be if one of their nuclear sites were to be sabotaged, we all know in which the direction the finger pointing would be.

Hypocrites run the world

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by MamaJ

I wonder what the Israeli/American response would be if one of their nuclear sites were to be sabotaged, we all know in which the direction the finger pointing would be.

Hypocrites run the world

Yeah, I hear ya loud and clear my friend! Loud and clear!

I even would go so far and say why is Iran not smashing atoms underground?

It doesn't give them energy..... It would give them the power of messing with unknown particles! Lol

Maybe they don't smash atoms because their faith already knows there is a God?

Iran may be as evil as the American makes him but our own leaders are not trust worthy. At all!

Their empire is so big that it's destined to fall.

When an empire does not take care of their own people and abuses power they are not to be trusted.

I don't live in Iran, nor do I live in Israel. Living in the US shows me more than I care to know.

Abusing the power has always made man fall to his own demise and this will be no different.

We can only dream another civilization will emerge to save us from our self.
edit on 17-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
If this is true, then some country sure likes stirring the pot and poking at the badger.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You raise a good point

It would make perfect sense for certain parties to investigate the defensive ability of these facilities from various threats. As you mentioned, perhaps this was just a test.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Part of me understands why Iran is hesitant in letting inspectors near certain facilities due to all the recent sabotage they have suffered.

This is one of the points constantly raised that irritates me (not you stating it but Irans position). IF they dont trust the IAEA and "know for a fact" that the IAEA is infiltrated and working for western powers, then why do they continue to go back and forth with them?

It seems they like to pick and choose in terms of liking / hating the IAEA. When it seems to go in their favor they are ok yet when the IAEA goes against Iran they are puppets.

Would it not make sense for Iran to release their evidence that the IAEA is infiltrated? Would it not make sense for IRan to release their evidence that their scientists were assasinated because of direct IAEA involvement?

If they have the evidence to prove their point then why not do it? Why continue down this road of constantly blaming the IAEA?

To me it comes across as Iran using the IAEA as an excuse to stall for time. Setting up meetings with the IAEA in order to talk about what the topic should be at the actual meeting later down the road. While I think a lot of the explosions / sabotage etc is coming from sources in the West we cant continue to completely blame the west. There are groups within Iran who dont like the current Iranian government. There are Iranians who feel Ahmadenijad had mislead them by promising to concentrate on the economy when all he has done is intentionally provoke confrontations with the West over their nuke program.

They really need to make up their minds on the IAEA / NPT.

reply to post by MamaJ

Hypocrites run the world

While I understand the premis of your comment I dont agree with it. If one of our nuclear power generating stations were sabotaged an investigation would be done and we would go from there. However our power generating stations are civilian and are confirmed as civilian by our treaty obligations to the NPT / IAEA.

Secondly our generating stations are administered by private power companies with federal oversight. They are not owned / run by the US military.

Can the same be said for Irans sites?
Could there be a possibility tha some of these "setbacks" are caused by Iran in order to confuse the situation and add "credanility" to Irans claims?

False Flag attacks are not restricted to just a few western nations.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Really ex? Iran is not going to set back their own nuke program........
Id say any sabotage is done by the kurds or the other anti revolutionary militias which exist in iran or iraq or other border areas....
Nobody seems to remember that the Kurds exist in Iran, Turkey, and iraq.They want theor own homeland and they are determined to get it sooner or later.....
The Forces arrayed against Iran will use these native looking and speaking peoples to infiltrate and spy or sabotage the Iranis when possible.....
Not every Irani supports the revolution either......
An interruption of power to the underground facility may cause some kind of nuclear accident as well....This could have been the purpose of the cut.....id say we financed the boys who cut the lines.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

This is one of the points constantly raised that irritates me (not you stating it but Irans position). IF they dont trust the IAEA and "know for a fact" that the IAEA is infiltrated and working for western powers, then why do they continue to go back and forth with them?

It seems they like to pick and choose in terms of liking / hating the IAEA. When it seems to go in their favor they are ok yet when the IAEA goes against Iran they are puppets.

Would it not make sense for Iran to release their evidence that the IAEA is infiltrated? Would it not make sense for IRan to release their evidence that their scientists were assasinated because of direct IAEA involvement?

If they have the evidence to prove their point then why not do it? Why continue down this road of constantly blaming the IAEA?

To me it comes across as Iran using the IAEA as an excuse to stall for time. Setting up meetings with the IAEA in order to talk about what the topic should be at the actual meeting later down the road. While I think a lot of the explosions / sabotage etc is coming from sources in the West we cant continue to completely blame the west. There are groups within Iran who dont like the current Iranian government. There are Iranians who feel Ahmadenijad had mislead them by promising to concentrate on the economy when all he has done is intentionally provoke confrontations with the West over their nuke program.

They really need to make up their minds on the IAEA / NPT.

reply to post by MamaJ

Hypocrites run the world

While I understand the premis of your comment I dont agree with it. If one of our nuclear power generating stations were sabotaged an investigation would be done and we would go from there. However our power generating stations are civilian and are confirmed as civilian by our treaty obligations to the NPT / IAEA.

Secondly our generating stations are administered by private power companies with federal oversight. They are not owned / run by the US military.

Can the same be said for Irans sites?
Could there be a possibility tha some of these "setbacks" are caused by Iran in order to confuse the situation and add "credanility" to Irans claims?

False Flag attacks are not restricted to just a few western nations.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

I think they tolerate the IAEA as a gesture to show the international community that they are willing to work with these organizations and ease international concerns about their nuclear program. Regrettably it seems the more they cooperate more bad things happen, such as more sanctions being imposed, increased propaganda aimed against their program, mysterious explosions and assassinations. I admit that all these incidents cannot be proven to be the work of Western/Israeli intelligence but the probability is high. You are correct about organizations within Iran who are against the current regime, but there are proven links between these organizations and Mossad so it's not so far fetched to consider they might be working together in some of these incidents.

If they have evidence, exposing it may expose their method that they obtained this information so out of a matter of international security they are probably hesitant to release this evidence if it exists.

I understand the point you are making comparing the differences between the Iranian and American facilities but I do not see how it applies as the situations in both countries are quite different. Iran has been under threat for quite a while now, and are surrounded by what should be considered hostile enemies on all fronts mostly by proxy such as US military bases so they are much more vulnerable.

I personally believe Iran should withdraw from the NPT due to recent developments and start playing hard ball since in my opinion it is already past the point of no return on an Iranian strike. If they withdraw then we will no longer hear about them not following their NPT obligations. They could then use the same excuse that Israel and it's supporters use so often "We are not a signatory so therefore we do not need to follow".

To be continued...

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Iran has had good intentions in my opinion and have followed their obligations until unfair sanctions were put in place and sabotage and assassinations began to happen. From the Iranian point of view this is a valid reason to not be completely transparent with the applicable parties who are accusing them of this and that.

This most recent sabotage "if true" is just another reason not to allow inspectors anywhere near any of their facilities. The "damning" IAEA report that turned out to be nothing more than pure speculation also contained information on these scientists that were assassinated, and sites that have been sabotaged.

As I said, if I were Iran I would just pull out of the NPT and get ready for the storm that is coming. Unfortunately for Mahmoud and his Grand Ayotollah it appears their days in power are numbered regardless of which side of opinion any of us are in this situation.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
With Iran you never know if what the government says is true, or if it is for public consumption over there for another purpose. Maybe the lines were cut. Maybe they weren't. Unless there is independent confirmation, I can't take the Iranian government at it's word. They tend to fib a lot.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Just watched the film "Munich" last night and i was seeing a lot of parallels to current Climate in Iran.

For those who have not seen the movie, the short version is, as a result of Israeli athlete deaths during the 1972 olympics in Munich Germany at the hands of a Palestinian terrorist group, Israel dispatched a group of men to dispose of everyone related to the incident.

The men did not officially work for Mossad or even technically existed as people. They were provided money via a untraceable bank account and were paid to get rid of these individuals by any means necessary. Real secret agent type stuff.

I can see a similar situation happening in Iran today.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I understand your concern on not wanting to accept information coming out of Iran as truth, but all governments fib a lot, especially the ones who are currently going at Iran (USA and Israel). If we were to compile a list of fibs between these nations I'm confident that the Iranians would come out as the government that has fibed the less.

I know this list would be difficult to compile let alone prove it's validity as that would be a super thread all in itself so I'm not portraying my stance on this situation as fact but as I said I can easily come up with a pretty long list of fibs from the Western accusers so we cannot just assume anything that comes out of Iran to be a fib.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I understand your concern on not wanting to accept information coming out of Iran as truth,

It may be true. But it may not be. Either way, it's worth keeping an eye on. If it did happen then it could be a harbinger of big things coming sooner, rather than later.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Mossad actually has a history of doing things like this in Iran. Remember when one of Iran's nuclear scientists was killed? IIRC, they made it look like it was the CIA, only for it to come out later that Mossad did it. They wanted it to be pinned on the CIA because they are always itching for ways to bring the US over to their way of thinking and keeping them there.
edit on 17-9-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

I understand your concern on not wanting to accept information coming out of Iran as truth, but all governments fib a lot, especially the ones who are currently going at Iran (USA and Israel). If we were to compile a list of fibs between these nations I'm confident that the Iranians would come out as the government that has fibed the less.

I know this list would be difficult to compile let alone prove it's validity as that would be a super thread all in itself so I'm not portraying my stance on this situation as fact but as I said I can easily come up with a pretty long list of fibs from the Western accusers so we cannot just assume anything that comes out of Iran to be a fib.

What? Some of the most dramataic and nonsensical, "fibs" as you call it in this whole ordeal between them came from Iran.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

What? Some of the most dramataic and nonsensical, "fibs" as you call it in this whole ordeal between them came from Iran.

Do you care to name a few?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
If this is true, then some country sure likes stirring the pot and poking at the badger.

I poke badgers with spoons, never tried explosives though. I got into a fight in the vets waiting room today when my badger bit someone. I got a cut above my eye and a fat lip, but you should see the otter guy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join