It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Threatens to Hit Israel and U.S. Bases

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I was responding to the nonsense that Iran is not "an" aggressor....

They always have been. Not overtly militarily but their covert activities and history is very well known. Well, maybe not here at ATS to some who are in a perpetual state of denial.

To each their own.

edit on 16-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

People on here are in a perpetual state of denial about the U.S.'s own covert activities. We have been doing it longer than Iran, on a bigger scale, and with more devastating and tragic effects.

We started it with Iran, we overthrew their democratic government through covert operations. Supported a dictator, we gave weapons and our blessing to Iraq to invade Iran in an unprovoked war which cost the lives of thousands of Iranian civilians.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

I hate sounding like I am defending what amounts to another run of the mill loony mideast government, but I don't see how they can be said to be responsible for this position. Are you one of those people that hasn't realized this is 2003 all over again? I honestly don't think we have any reason to believe they are making nukes. I mean.. they have had nuclear facilities for 40 years! Israel started pumping out nukes the second they could, back in the 60's. Iran is apparently perpetually 6 months from a nuke. If you aren't having WMDeja Vu (I am claiming copyright on the wmdeja vu t shirts btw) I don't understand why not. First it was "there are weapons" so we invade and take down the a government and decimate a country, now it's "there will be A WMD" and people are just going to forget that this has happened once before already?

Fool me once, shame on shamoo,

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I would not underestimate Israel.

When attacked in the 6 Day War, they were obviously outnumbered, but due to skills and secret technologies, they were quick to win.

Israel is fully prepared. They have technology today that would surprise Iran and easily defend their nation from attack.

I hope the people of Iran can make a difference before it is too late for them. They were almost able to stop the insanity in the recent past, but too many of their countrymen held back out of fear. Those countrymen may regret that inaction, as their leaders sign their death sentences anyway.

Don't worry about Israel. Worry about the poor uninvolved educated masses of Iran who will be slaughtered because of their leadership.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

North Vietnam didn't win the war through military superiority they won the war through politics.

www.rjsmith.com...

They had over double the of causalities on their side then we did, same with wounded. With wounded flowing in back from a war the public didn't really understand, and a cultural change happening not to mention the whole Gulf of Tonkin thing. Anyways, whatever your opinion on Nam as to wither we should have been there or not you can say they won through military means. It was all about politics and a war of attrition.

If a war if Iran were to happen, their main military would be flatten and if a occupation were to occur then yes we will see an repeat of Nam. Occupations rarely work out, though it has more to do with politics and money than actual warfare. Thats why the British were defeated during the American Revolution, they couldn't afford the war anymore and it became more trouble than it was worth.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
In my opinion, this is the "shot across the bow" of Israel and the US.

They know that they do not stand a chance against the combined forces of both nations, but will guarantee Israel will be destroyed and will take out some US assets before their complete downfall.

Given the current state of affairs in the ME, this is a smart move on their part. They are still taking a defensive posture by saying this will occur only "if they are attacked", but still letting everyone know that they are prepared to go down fighting and are willing to take Israel with them.

In essence, Israel and the US have no choice but to play the role of aggressor if they want to continue down the path of war with Iran.

The REAL IRANIAN MILITARY LEADERS are right now having secret Military to Military talks with the U.S. Military. The Iranian Navy Leadership KNOWS that to carry out an order such as Close the Strait of Hormuz is tantamount to SUICIDE! The DEAL is that if the Iranian Navy receives an order to Block the Strait of Hormuz...the Iranian Navy will STAND DOWN, not follow the order and this will be a sign of DIRECT SUPPORT of the IRANIAN PRO-DEMOCRACY LEADERSHIP to SEIZE POWER. The Iranian Air Force as well as all but ONE IRANIAN DIVISION loyal to the Old Religious Guard will also stand down.

As in IRAQ...an EXAMPLE TARGET was chosen by U.S. Military Planners which was a Republican Guard Division that was Highly Paid and Loyal to Saddam. This division was also chosen for it's history of ATROCITIES committed against it's own people. A Wing of B-52H's armed with New Carpet Bombing Smart Munitions Bombed this Division of about 100,000 Men. Other Divisions of Iraqi's Hundreds of Miles away said that they could hear and see the B-52H strike upon this Division. Not one Soldier Survived that Night Time Strike. The Next Morning...all Iraqi Army Divisions surrendered and most Soldiers took off their Uniforms and Walked Home.

Unfortunately...even though the vast Majority of Iranian Army Divisions have agreed with the deal...this one division which put on Street Cloths and Penetrated Pro-Democracy Cells and Beat to DEATH many Iranian Pro-Democracy leadership...will attempt to fight. They will become the EXAMPLE TARGET and Iran will probably be better off without them.

The statements that Iran can in any way do any serious damage to either U.S. Bases or U.S. Naval Ships is a FANTASY! The REAL IRANIAN MILITARY LEADERSHIP KNOWS THIS! The spokesman who is stating how Iran can handle the U.S. is a Mouthpiece of the Old Guard. Since the Iranian Navy KNOWS that attempt to Close the Strait of Hormuz will result in the OBLITERATION OF ANY AND ALL IRANIAN NAVAL SHIPS ABOVE OR BELOW WATER! Since the Iranian Navy has no intention on DYING by attempting to fight the U.S....it will STAND DOWN. Split Infinity

edit on 16-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012 I and many, many members on ATS could wirte a book on what has been going on lately with the entire world. But my only question is, is there another confirmed soure that say the same as the arrticle that the op has? Maybe a video from the confrence itself, because to be honest i dont trust a report about Iran coming formisraeli national news.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Iran, Syria, Russia, China, Japan, the Taliban, Al CIAda......

All boils down to one thing....money....namely our money...thats what this is all about folks...plain and simple.

Im sure this video was posted here before....but it pretty much sums it up......not a fan of the rise up and revolt message, but the meat of it still rings true.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

People on here are in a perpetual state of denial about the U.S.'s own covert activities. We have been doing it longer than Iran, on a bigger scale, and with more devastating and tragic effects.

We started it with Iran, we overthrew their democratic government through covert operations. Supported a dictator, we gave weapons and our blessing to Iraq to invade Iran in an unprovoked war which cost the lives of thousands of Iranian civilians.

I'd sure have to disagree on this point and as one of the BIGGEST misunderstandings and flat out misjudgments of this coming war. I'm not sure if you meant 'longer' in the historic sense or not, but places like Iraq literally had a history that spanned decades as a spin off of the Ottoman Empire.

This isn't a spin off the world is squaring off to fight and they (Iranians) know it......and have the nationalist (if that's the right word) identity to make it matter, IMO. This is the direct and unbroken line of the Persian Empire and it goes back a few thousand years.

I just wanted to toss that in.... Oh life was SO MUCH simpler in places like World War II Europe or even Vietnam. Just corruption, greed and vanity. regular and easily understood things. The Middle East is like a GIANT Onion with no guides anywhere for how many layers and what comes next.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This is old news, Iran has stated this before. But I believe since the States nor Israel is that stupid, their plan of attack would be a devistating blow to Iran enough to hold it back from an attack so the second blow if nessasary would be another blow to take out there defences..Iunno, the States and Israel pay people 100,000's of dollars to think of a war plan, thats effective :p So I'm sure they've got something up there sleves..How many wars has the US been in to get experience

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
How about we close the bases we have in the region and end the economy crippling sanctions against a country that poses no threat to begin with?

Just an insane idea.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Ex Mossad Chief Meir Dagan in 60 minutes interview.

Though about 6 months old his words can still be useful today.

Personally I think Iran getting the "bomb" a game changer but not in the sense that Israel thinks.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
makes sence that they would target US targets aswell as Israeli...
Since Israel is the puppet and US the puppeter. I think its perfectly normal.
I mean if France ran a hate campaign for like what 20 years? towards spain.
And portugal was their instrument of hate. And helped spark aggression.
Well it would be perfectly understandable that they would take out french targets of interrest aswell as portugese!.

Hopefully war wont come... And if it come as a false flag attack, i hope we the people are smart enough to take a stand for the right, if and when the time comes.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Johnkie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
We've been getting warnings for months that the Sh*t was going to hit the fan in oct.. significantly, right before the election. Sitting presidents during war time dont get voted out. Seems to me that everything is just going according to plan. I just wonder what the public reaction is going to be when we're stuck in yet ANOTHER war...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I think Iran already got ready nukes, may be from ex-soviet Ukraine. The rumors in the media at that time were not denied neither confirmed by the Russian gen.chief of staff. We are talking about 250 nukes half megaton each.
If that is false info, Iran could obtain them from elsewhere, including from Pakistan and China. Iran is too bold for a country that is next to be bombed after Iraq. After all there are US carriers and Israel is a nuclear country by itself. Iran knows what is doing, and it is doing according to its understanding of Mahdi - in other words Iran wants nuclear apocalypse and even could make it first in Israel. Otherwise it is unexplainable the boldness or craziness of Iranian leaders.

So we go surely to apocalyptic scenario. May be that's why 2012 is set with all of its absurds, from Mayan to "5D or dna transformations"...Rather it is cold estimated nuclear war that will hit not only the Mideast. I wonder who has the benefit of it. Anyway, Russia has most of the nukes and is likely to use them unrestricted after the first bomb is exploded by anyone. I hope some part of humanity survives 2012.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Iran.....SMH. Theyre like the loudmouth crap talker at the bar who wants to cry and whine after you sock him in the mouth for making threats. Always with the threats and poking the rest of the world with a stick to rile us up. Best thing to do is ignore them. Eventually they'll get tired or looking for attention and go away.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Of course the info that Iran got 250 ukrainian nukes is unproven. But it is quite significant to be considered seriously. I can understand the fears of Israel of a nuclear armed Iran that makes its priority to destroy a tiny country that will be uninhabited even with 1 single nuke. Now Iran says that Jerusalem is a target! That is frightening. Jerusalem is the center of 3 main religions, and the treat of Iran is not only against the Jewish state. How about the Muslims who will lose Jerusalem forever, do they want that too in the name of the Mahdi theory of a number of aged Islamic fundamental clerics? How far the 1.5 bln Islamic world is ready to go in real terms in the name of any "theory" of apocalyptic nature? How would react the 2.2 bln Christian world if Jerusalem just disappears overnight in a nuclear inferno? Damn it, it cannot be allowed to happen. But seems Iran goes straight that way, and is not hiding its intentions anymore. Surely not with the outdated Scuds of Saddam Hussein, but with something more modern. Jerusalem could become "grave" only by using nuclear weapons. No conventional rockets can do that. Therefore consider it Iran just acknowledged it has them. I am frightened both of the fanatic religious rhetoric and of the real possibility behind it to stay real nukes, 200 kiloton each, mounted on modern cruise missiles. How about the aftermath when the nuclear deterrence will no more be anything than paper?

Here are some inks

en.rian.ru...
"Russia's General Staff has no information about whether Ukraine has given 250 nuclear warheads to Iran or not," General Yury Baluyevsky, also deputy defense minister, said in response to an article in Novaya Gazeta newspaper Monday. "I do not comment on unsubstantiated reports."
The newspaper said that Ukraine had failed to return 250 warheads to Russia in the 1990s when the former Soviet republic declared itself a nuclear-free zone. The paper suggested the warheads could have been sold to a third country, including Iran.

April 4, 2006 MOSCOW, April 4 (UPI) -- On April 3 the Russian journal Novaia Gazeta reported that 250 nuclear warheads with a total yield of 20 megatons were not returned by Ukraine to Russia. Novaia Gazeta suggested the warheads could have been sold to a third country, possibly Iran. The 200-kiloton warheads were due to be returned to Russia in 1992 after Ukraine declared itself a nuclear-free zone following a payment by Moscow to Kiev of approximately $500 million. The missing warheads were inventoried on papers Ukraine submitted to Moscow that were officially accepted by Russia. Read more: www.upi.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
The head of Iran's Revolutionary Guards says his country will target U.S. bases in the Middle East and Israel if attacked-

Your title is extremely misleading, "if attacked" are the two keys words that are missing and changes the entire tone of the article & this thread.

Of course Iran will target US & Israeli bases if they are attacked by US & Israeli forces, what do you expect them to do?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Given the current state of affairs in the ME, this is a smart move on their part. They are still taking a defensive posture by saying this will occur only "if they are attacked", but still letting everyone know that they are prepared to go down fighting and are willing to take Israel with them.

The only problem with what you said is that Iran is the one responsible for being in this position.

If they had given full cooperation with the IAEA when they were told to - since, at least, 2003 -, then none of this would happen. Israel wouldn't even have reasons to make the accusations it does, and Iran would actually be protected by the cooperation they gave to IAEA, since the reports would be stating "Iran is clean" instead of "Iran doesn't fully cooperate with us and doesn't give access to certain nuclear sites and facilities"...

In case you forgot about the run up to the unprovoked invasion of Iraq, even if Iran allowed the inspectors in and even if the inspectors come back saying all is well with Iran, the government of the USA would not listen. Just like they blew off Hans Blix and started an illegal war of aggression with Iraq despite the facts. After seeing what happened to their next door neighbour, Iran has every right to be distrustful.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
How dare Iran defend itself after an attack?!? How dare they?!?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I hate sounding like I am defending what amounts to another run of the mill loony mideast government, but I don't see how they can be said to be responsible for this position.

They have been warned and advised, since 2003, to halt their enrichment program. Not their nuclear program. They refused to do so, and went even further, building bunkers and going underground to protect those facilities.

The countries who have advised Iran to halt the enrichment program included Russia and China, like I previously stated.

Are you one of those people that hasn't realized this is 2003 all over again?

No.

I'm one of those people who actually reads about the stuff their post, and doesn't give an opinion until a strong knowledge is built.

Funny that you mention 2003. Not only was when several countries advised Iran to halt all enrichment programs, but it was also when they said they would stop their weapons program.

Iran halted work toward a nuclear weapon under international scrutiny in 2003 and is unlikely to be able to produce enough enriched uranium for a bomb until 2010 to 2015, a U.S. intelligence report says.

(the link to this source seems to cause some weird effects on this forum, so if you want the full article, send me a private message and I'll forward it)

Like you implied, that was the same year the U.S. went full force against Iraq. Since I don't trust Iran, nor their word, I find it curious that was the same year they went underground with their facilities.

I honestly don't think we have any reason to believe they are making nukes. I mean.. they have had nuclear facilities for 40 years!

That's why they should be more responsible and understand why they need to disclose all the information that the IAEA requires from them to consider Iran a safe nuclear state. Their lack of obedience is the reason why there is suspicion around their program.

Israel started pumping out nukes the second they could, back in the 60's. Iran is apparently perpetually 6 months from a nuke.

Israel isn't part of the NPT, and is a observation member of the IAEA.

Iran is a full member of both, and because of that, they have responsibilities.

If you aren't having WMDeja Vu (I am claiming copyright on the wmdeja vu t shirts btw) I don't understand why not.

I don't have deja vu's with politics because I actually understand them. I know what is happening now, and I know what was happening in 2003 or whatever.

The evidence is there for everyone to investigate on their own.

First it was "there are weapons" so we invade and take down the a government and decimate a country, now it's "there will be A WMD" and people are just going to forget that this has happened once before already?

Peter and the Wolf.

It's a very ignorant statement to say that Iraq wasn't a possible WMD threat. For those who didn't care at all for the World prior to 9/11, it seems that Iraq was all about rainbows and sunshine.

Why don't people research a little bit and find out about these things:

The Anful Campaign was a devastating military campaign targeting the Kurdish ethnic group in Northern Iraq who formed a loose alliance with Iran during their war with Iraq hoping to obtain an autonomous state should Iran prevail. Ali Hassan al-Majid or "chemical ali", as he has become known, was the Iraqi leader in charge of the chemical attacks on the Kurds.

On March 9, 1988, Iraq dropped mustard and hydrogen cyanide bombs on the town of Halbja killing between 3,200 and 5,000 Kurds and injuring 10,000 more. The Iraqis also dropped Sarin on the village of Birjinni.

Source

Not only did Iraq had an history of using chemical weapons, but prior to the US war on Iraq, they had threatened to use those weapons both against the West and Israel.

If you don't want someone bashing your door looking for WMD's, don't use them and don't threat to use them.

What happened with Iraq was an amateur intelligence mistake, but the credibility of the threat was there. People just forgot about it because youtube videos who piss on the US governments are cool.

I'm not an apologist of an attack on Iran, but I do believe that they need to assume their responsibilities. The same responsibility they agreed to when they became members of both the NPT and IAEA. That's the only way of everyone being sure and safe about their true intentions.
edit on 17-9-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: Bad link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join