It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Threatens to Hit Israel and U.S. Bases

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Hezbollah will not start a war with the US or Israel. They are just a bunch of rag-tag militants from Lebanon that like to play politics.

Hezbollah is not a player in the potential war between Iran, Israel and the US.

So please, let's stay on topic and show me how IRAN is a threat.

Is Hezbollah BACKED by Iran?

Would a Hezbollah extremist, NOT drive a vehicle packed with explosives, If he was given a task by his Masters, against America or Israeli interests?

I would say its definitely ON topic.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The fact still remains that Iran has taken a defensive posture and has now given the ball to Israel and the US to put in play.

They've done nothing of the sort.
All they've done is spewed some theoretic so some people will eat it up as if it's manna from heaven. Then they'll say...

"See, they are the victims"

Some people play their parts...

Did you miss the part where they said "if they are attacked"? That means they do not intend to act out unless that criteria is met. Therefore, they have taken a defensive stance.

All to often, we allow ourselves to capitulate to fear based on the same rhetoric and propaganda that is claimed to come out of Iran, but it is perpetuated by our own people.

They may start a war with Iran...and then will they claim to be the victims? If so, how can people fall for that?

As you say, some people play their parts.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Hezbollah will not start a war with the US or Israel. They are just a bunch of rag-tag militants from Lebanon that like to play politics.

Would a Hezbollah extremist, NOT drive a vehicle packed with explosives, If he was given a task by his Masters, against America or Israeli interests?

Can Hezbollah mount a full-scale war on Israel or the US bases? No...they cannot.

So I think the "terrorist card" is an easy cop-out for those that cannot prove Iran itself is a viable threat and uses it to justify war against them.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Well, duhhh... isnt that kinda obvious, if they're attacked they will go after the likely Govts. that attacked them...Makes sense to me...

And if Iran is attacked, Im sure they (US & Israel) would go balls to the walls with them so Iran couldnt retaliate...
edit on 16-9-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

Exactly.

This is just more of the same Israel/US hypocrisy. Them attacking groups of people they "suspect" of something or are "potentially" capable of something is totally okay, but another nation stating that it would defend itself if attacked is translated as a threat.

All nations have a plan to defend themselves, and all nations would attack strategic targets of their enemy. Why is it deemed unacceptable for Iran to state that it would attack strategic sites of an aggressor, but the US or Israel doing so is perfectly fine?

This is just another BS propaganda story, designed to fool idiots into believing that Iran is an imminent threat. If these plans constitute a threat then every developed nation with a defense plan is also a threat - especially the USA and Israel.

I wish people would use their brains when reading stories like this, instead of just accepting what they read and not bothering to actually read between the lines or even think about it.

You know what though? Most people are not as smart, in tune or as sophisticated as you. This means they are not able to sniff out the truth or read between the lines. So 1 billion people fit into this scenario. Who is the majority in this case. So 1 billions idiots.

Of course USA is a threat, they are the agressors, the invaders and the disturbers of peace, the murderers of innocent people, including women and children. The point being that the idiots do not see that. You know why , because the idiots want to have a roof over their head, they want to feed their family, work for a living and do the right thing by fellow man, neighbor and wife.

Sometimes you people are very insensitive and fail to have any empathy, you love to ridicule and jump to your own conclusions and of course the way you see it has to be right.

I am pretty sure you read the article incorrectly. So maybe you could read it again beofre jumping to quickly to a conclusion

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I was responding to the nonsense that Iran is not "an" aggressor....

They always have been. Not overtly militarily but their covert activities and history is very well known. Well, maybe not here at ATS to some who are in a perpetual state of denial.

To each their own.

edit on 16-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It would be naive to think that Iran does not have it's hands dirty. I can admit that. But all I am saying is that Iran has put themselves in a convenient position, in that they have made it clear they will not engage Israel and the US unless they are acted upon first.

That forces Israel and Iran to act first, letting Iran play the victim...and they will bomb the piss out of everything they can before they go down.

Thanks for the conversation Slayer.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Gen Jafari seems to think so.

“The U.S. has many vulnerabilities around Iran, and its bases are within the range of the Guards' missiles. We have other capabilities as well, particularly when it comes to the support of Muslims for the Islamic republic,” he said.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Can Hezbollah mount a full-scale war on Israel or the US bases? No...they cannot.

So I think the "terrorist card" is an easy cop-out for those that cannot prove Iran itself is a viable threat and uses it to justify war against them.

Funny. They play the "terrorist" card well, even before the "terrorist card" was loaded into the deck of cards.

They don't need to mount a full scale war, to kill, do they?

Your opinion, is just that. I might not agree with it, and I might know its wrong, but you are entitled to it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

It would be naive to think that Iran does not have it's hands dirty. I can admit that.

Well that's the first time I've read you state that. That's all I've ever tried to get across. I also agree they aren't the only ones. The US/West/Israel as well.

But all I am saying is that Iran has put themselves in a convenient position, in that they have made it clear they will not engage Israel and the US unless they are acted upon first.

But...

They already have been engaging Israel by supporting certain groups going back a few decades. Only those who do not know their true colors will think this statement has legitimacy

That forces Israel and Iran to act first, letting Iran play the victim...and they will bomb the piss out of everything they can before they go down.

Just as you've stated above about Iran having dirty hands so does everybody else that includes the US/West/Israel/Syria etc etc etc.

There are no victims here.

edit on 16-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The america goverment would Love Iran to destry Israel.
they would both be taken out of the game.
america Wins.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

They already have been engaging Israel by supporting certain groups going back a few decades. Only those who do not know their true colors will think this statement has legitimacy

There are no victims here.
True statements.
Using Proxies is as old as the wheel.
Remember too, Iran has fought the US through a Proxy War, when Iraq was on the US Buddy list.
Nowadays , Israel wants the US to be its Proxy in a clash with Iran.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Tired of all the prop......
Lets get this party started already!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think its funny how people passively dismiss the Iranian capability to fight a U.S./Israeli attack. These guys are the ancient Persians and have been around for a long long time. Iran would be a much different ballgame than Iraq or Afghanistan. Not to mention they have the Chinese and the Russians on their side. All throughout military history there are many accounts of the underdog beating a better organized better equipped foe with unconventional tactics. I'm sure if you had told the American people back in the mid-60's that a bunch of rice farmers with rifles in the jungles of Vietnam would beat the military that overthrew the Japanese and the Germans you would be laughed at as well. The american militarys pride and presumed invincibility is its Achilles heel.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

So are you saying that Hezbollah is where we need to focus our attention? Is the real threat going to come from Hezbollah?

No, of course not.

The fact still remains that Iran has taken a defensive posture and has now given the ball to Israel and the US to put in play.

You answered the first two questions for me. No, I'm not.

I'm saying that Iran isn't any better than any other country. Just because they don't fight their wars directly doesn't mean that they aren't aggressive or offensive in their strategy.

In several wars against Israel, Iran has given support to the opposition to Israel, with money and equipment or training. Your opinion is that Iran isn't aggressive because they don't declare war on others countries.

My opinion is that the guy who opened the gate, is as guilty as the guy who robbed the house.

Iran is accomplice in some conflicts in the Middle East. I'm not saying that Iran is always wrong and has no rights. But I will say that every right comes with an obligation. If they want nuclear energy and the help of the IAEA they have to obey their system. And if they don't agree with that, they can always leave the NPT and IAEA.

Their strong attitude of not giving way in any direction makes them responsible for their situation. Not on their own, but they are part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
For the record on things, Hezbollah absolutely CAN wage a serious war against Israel.

Until recent years, Hezbollah was a Political/Militant/Terrorist organization all rolled into one. After the early months of 2011 and back when this all started as some may recall, Hezbollah took outright control by the process in Lebanon and are basically a nation-state since. It's a bit of fact that got lost in the uprisings in Tunisia, Egypt, Syria and the rest....but that political win actually predated almost everything that's happened, and only by a short bit.

Here is one story on Hezbollah very much still street fighting in 2008 across Beirut:

Lebanon govt slams Hezbollah's "coup" in Beirut

and far more importantly, the change in power that elevated them from terrorist organization to nation state leadership:

Jan. 2011

... By virtue of what he calls his principles as a man — and what his foes and a few friends call his failures as a politician — his country was delivered, at least symbolically, to the very movement that stands accused of killing his father on the Beirut seafront in 2005.

Betrayed, he called himself after the choice of Hezbollah, Najib Miqati, was named as the prime minister designate on Tuesday.
(abridged at the start for space)

Tuesday was a climax of sorts in a crisis that began with the collapse of Mr. Hariri’s 14-month-old national unity government but really has its origins in his father’s assassination, which cemented the country’s division along questions of ideology, sect and class. Hezbollah’s leader, Hassan Nasrallah, preached reconciliation on Tuesday, while accusing his foes in Lebanon of stabbing the party in the back.
Source

All the worst of the Lebanese civil war in grudges and hard feelings seem to remain alive and well...and on the verge of becoming opening fighting. Alone, Lebanon has no ability to seriously threaten Israel.

As one of many at the same time to strain Israel's finite resources though, they are perfectly capable of being a real pain in the butt beyond all reason, IMO. The Arabs learned war after war after war ...literally.... that fighting Israel with as many as 3:1 is still a losing situation. If the Arab nations have let it come this close to war, they obviously believe more than the past attempts can be brought to bear. That sure makes sense to me, anyway.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What ever happens, I predict higher gas prices soon.

And the plot thickens...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
We are just going to keep antagonizing a already hostile situation.....

And our politicians won't be happy until Iran makes a move so they can say..."see I told you so"

Enough is enough.....people all over the globe are fed up with US dictating their domestic policy....we need to back the heck off....or face the blow back thats coming.

There is no need for any of this......Our government just keeps stirring the pot.

People are getting blown to bits around the world...and I just paid $3.88 for a gallon of gas....

Quit it already!!!
edit on 16-9-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Well, duhhh... isnt that kinda obvious, if they're attacked they will go after the likely Govts. that attacked them...Makes sense to me...

And if Iran is attacked, Im sure they (US & Israel) would go balls to the walls with them so Iran couldnt retaliate...
edit on 16-9-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

Well, you may say duhhh, but it isn't as clear as that.

Policy makers have actually pointed out in the past that Israel could attack Iranian nuclear facilities without Iran striking back.

Iran knows 100% that if they attack Israel whether in self defence or not, America will move in. Iran would be destroyed.

Hence Israel could use this to bully Iran- because Iran is faced with two options-

1- Allow Israel to knock out their nuclear facilites and leave it there

2- Strike back in retaliation and have their country bombed to oblivion by Israel's 'big brother'.

So this stand from the OP is very telling, because Iran has now officially stated they will strike back, even if the costs are great.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Well said!

I love how the headline of this thread conveniently leaves the "..if attacked" part out

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

In my opinion, this is the "shot across the bow" of Israel and the US.

They know that they do not stand a chance against the combined forces of both nations, but will guarantee Israel will be destroyed and will take out some US assets before their complete downfall.

Given the current state of affairs in the ME, this is a smart move on their part. They are still taking a defensive posture by saying this will occur only "if they are attacked", but still letting everyone know that they are prepared to go down fighting and are willing to take Israel with them.

In essence, Israel and the US have no choice but to play the role of aggressor if they want to continue down the path of war with Iran.

The U.S. has no choice but to play the role of aggressor? the U.S. has ONLY been playing the role of aggressor. Iran is not going to attack or illegally invade other countries like the U.S. is doing. Iran will only fight if attacked first. They will never be the aggressors. We have been sabotaging their computer systems..etc.. we are already the aggressors.

To the OP: Change your title so it's more accurate so it reads more "Iran threatens to retaliate if attacked" We don't need biased phrasing to make it seem like Iran is threatening to attack other countries.
edit on 9/17/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join