It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Threatens to Hit Israel and U.S. Bases

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

The "Balkanization" of the middle east is currently underway. I beg of you all, please read "Which Path To Persia", www.brookings.edu...

Great post!!! now If i can just get your link to work....

www.brookings.edu...

now were in business

edit on 17-9-2012 by RABiam because: fix link

edit on 17-9-2012 by RABiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RABiam

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

The "Balkanization" of the middle east is currently underway. I beg of you all, please read "Which Path To Persia", www.brookings.edu...

Great post!!! now If i can just get your link to work....

www.brookings.edu...

now were in business

edit on 17-9-2012 by RABiam because: fix link

edit on 17-9-2012 by RABiam because: (no reason given)

Hi there, out of interest can you get the link to work?

I've discussed that document in detail here if you are interested-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(For the record, it no longer works properly on my computer- the PDF doesn't load).

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

The only people that say that Iran isn't aggressive are the ones who are ignorant to their proxy war efforts. Just because Iran doesn't put an Iranian flag on the terrorists they fund, doesn't mean they aren't aggressive.

And how many proxy wars has the US been involved in over the past 50 years? Man people are such hypocrites.

We aren't talking about the US.

And by the way, the US had proxy wars when Soviet presence was detected, and it was best to avoid a direct confrontation. Other than that, the US has no problems with assuming its military operations.

Are we going to continue with unbased and emotional arguments? If so, let me now, so I don't take part in the usual country bashing...

Yeah we are not talking about the US we are talking about Iran, so how about supplying some evidence of claims that Iranians are suicide bombers that are sponsored by their government or that Iranian government are financing terrorism.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Wonderer2012

The head of Iran's Revolutionary Guards says his country will target U.S. bases in the Middle East and Israel if attacked-

Well, them being a sovereign nation and all, if attacked, they are well within their rights to defend themselves.

You're forgetting about the whole 12th Imam thing and 'wiping israel off of the face of the earth' statements. Israel is well within their rights to stop them before they can destroy Israel.

First, if someone was to tell me you threatened to kill me, however what you actually said is you dislike my personality, is it justified for me to just accept what ive been told and to come knocking on your door pointing a shotgun in face?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Jingoism is based on an aggressive policy, which Iran does not have....but the US does.

We all know about US policy but that's a bold face lie about Iran.
But, you're welcome to your opinion

When has Iran acted aggressively militarily towards another nation? They have not invaded any other countries or anything of the sort.

So if we cannot take Iran at their word, saying that they would only act if acted upon, please provide some evidence that Iran is an aggressive military force.

I am open-minded and willing to change my point of view, but just saying it's a lie does not make it so. Convince me.

I'm posting fromm a mobile platform and it's a nightmare to post sources and links using this thing.

However, if you are being honest about your curiosity, I advise you to research the links between Iran and Hezbollah, in which it is declared that Iran gives them up to 200 million dollars in funding, plus military training and weapons. (what I stated can be verified even in Wikipedia)

So some countries view Hezbollah as a terrorist organization yet they are now part of a elected government.
Other countries view the gov. of Israel or Mossad as a terrorist organization

Iran sends funds to Hezbollah.

Basically how is this any different to the US funding Israel or any other country?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Please don't try to pull the "terrorist" card. We are talking about Iran and the Revolutionary guard. They are the guys with the big weapons and are the ones making the statement in the OP.

People are welcome to their opinions, as Slayer conveniently pointed out, but we are not welcome to our own facts. Fact is.....Iran has not been aggressive.

If you had followed my advice and did some research, you would notice that the branch funding Hezbollah is Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

Again, I can't post sources - at this moment - but the reason why the IRG funds groups like Hezbollah, is based on the fact that they also consider those groups as equal in nature with the philosophy of the Iranian Revolution.

ETA: by the way, nice deflection of arguments. Funding terrorism isn't being aggressive? I should keep that in my pocket when people start bashing the US for their irresponsible fundings. "don't pull the terrorist card"...
edit on 16-9-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

All people who pay there taxes from countries like Australia, US, Brittan and so on are also funding terrorism.

Are the people of Iraq not terrorized by having a foreign military force in their country dropping bombs from planes, entering family homes to make sure no bad guys live there while having their M16 pointed at the mother and children on their knees in their front yard. What is Terrorism?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
The america goverment would Love Iran to destry Israel.
they would both be taken out of the game.
america Wins.

How so when half the US gov have duel citizenship with Israel.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Source?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

They already have been engaging Israel by supporting certain groups going back a few decades. Only those who do not know their true colors will think this statement has legitimacy

There are no victims here.
True statements.
Using Proxies is as old as the wheel.
Remember too, Iran has fought the US through a Proxy War, when Iraq was on the US Buddy list.
Nowadays , Israel wants the US to be its Proxy in a clash with Iran.

No, I see it as the US had a chance at getting back at Iran after being kicked out of Iran in 79 for the expulsion of the shah in 53 and setting up shop for BP. The US and Brittan tried to exploit Iran they revolted and kicked them out in out in 79. One funny coincidence is if you look at hollywood movies that came out after 79 which depicted terrorists, they are alway without a doubt Arabs. After 30 years of hollywood movies depicting Arabs as terrorists it seem to have brainwashed a large percentage of western population into believing any propeganda being spewed by the media.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I hate sounding like I am defending what amounts to another run of the mill loony mideast government, but I don't see how they can be said to be responsible for this position.

They have been warned and advised, since 2003, to halt their enrichment program. Not their nuclear program. They refused to do so, and went even further, building bunkers and going underground to protect those facilities.

The countries who have advised Iran to halt the enrichment program included Russia and China, like I previously stated.

Are you one of those people that hasn't realized this is 2003 all over again?

No.

I'm one of those people who actually reads about the stuff their post, and doesn't give an opinion until a strong knowledge is built.

Funny that you mention 2003. Not only was when several countries advised Iran to halt all enrichment programs, but it was also when they said they would stop their weapons program.

Iran halted work toward a nuclear weapon under international scrutiny in 2003 and is unlikely to be able to produce enough enriched uranium for a bomb until 2010 to 2015, a U.S. intelligence report says.

(the link to this source seems to cause some weird effects on this forum, so if you want the full article, send me a private message and I'll forward it)

Like you implied, that was the same year the U.S. went full force against Iraq. Since I don't trust Iran, nor their word, I find it curious that was the same year they went underground with their facilities.

I honestly don't think we have any reason to believe they are making nukes. I mean.. they have had nuclear facilities for 40 years!

That's why they should be more responsible and understand why they need to disclose all the information that the IAEA requires from them to consider Iran a safe nuclear state. Their lack of obedience is the reason why there is suspicion around their program.

Israel started pumping out nukes the second they could, back in the 60's. Iran is apparently perpetually 6 months from a nuke.

Israel isn't part of the NPT, and is a observation member of the IAEA.

Iran is a full member of both, and because of that, they have responsibilities.

If you aren't having WMDeja Vu (I am claiming copyright on the wmdeja vu t shirts btw) I don't understand why not.

I don't have deja vu's with politics because I actually understand them. I know what is happening now, and I know what was happening in 2003 or whatever.

The evidence is there for everyone to investigate on their own.

First it was "there are weapons" so we invade and take down the a government and decimate a country, now it's "there will be A WMD" and people are just going to forget that this has happened once before already?

Peter and the Wolf.

It's a very ignorant statement to say that Iraq wasn't a possible WMD threat. For those who didn't care at all for the World prior to 9/11, it seems that Iraq was all about rainbows and sunshine.

Why don't people research a little bit and find out about these things:

The Anful Campaign was a devastating military campaign targeting the Kurdish ethnic group in Northern Iraq who formed a loose alliance with Iran during their war with Iraq hoping to obtain an autonomous state should Iran prevail. Ali Hassan al-Majid or "chemical ali", as he has become known, was the Iraqi leader in charge of the chemical attacks on the Kurds.

On March 9, 1988, Iraq dropped mustard and hydrogen cyanide bombs on the town of Halbja killing between 3,200 and 5,000 Kurds and injuring 10,000 more. The Iraqis also dropped Sarin on the village of Birjinni.

Source

Not only did Iraq had an history of using chemical weapons, but prior to the US war on Iraq, they had threatened to use those weapons both against the West and Israel.

If you don't want someone bashing your door looking for WMD's, don't use them and don't threat to use them.

What happened with Iraq was an amateur intelligence mistake, but the credibility of the threat was there. People just forgot about it because youtube videos who piss on the US governments are cool.

I'm not an apologist of an attack on Iran, but I do believe that they need to assume their responsibilities. The same responsibility they agreed to when they became members of both the NPT and IAEA. That's the only way of everyone being sure and safe about their true intentions.
edit on 17-9-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: Bad link

You mean the chemical weapons the US supplied to Iraq in the 80s.

One good reason for Iran to do what you claim they have been doing since 2003 is because of what happened to Iraq.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Source?

Ok I might have exaggerated a bit, however there are a number of highly placed politicians which do have dual citizenship's and if you ask for a source well this is ATS and Slayer I know that you would have stumbled on this info here on Ats at least once or twice.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

That's the thing. They would never be satisfied. They would make them halt forever. If you can't see that you are hopelessly bought into the western propaganda.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Are you going to counter my argument? Or are you going to hide behind the fake validation of the stars people give you just because it's you posting? Never mind that your post contained a weak argument of "well in the photos there are no U.S. made weapons".

The truth is the U.S. directly and majorly supported Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I'll respond soon enough. Right now I'm listening to www.playlist.com... and up to my elbows [literally] with house painting.

Chill young padawan

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
You say some intelligent things, and then you say some ridiculous things that ignore the well documented facts of history. The U.S. government directly facilitated the sale of weapons to Iraq.
"The United States actively supported the Iraqi war effort by supplying the Iraqis with billions of dollars of credits, by providing U.S. military intelligence and advice to the Iraqis......
- Howard Teicher,

I haven't denied US involvement; I've even stated openly that twice already in this thread. Yet, you’ll still sit there and ignore the very real fact that they were exclusively using Soviet equipment [Provided by Russia]

This is only what the government is willing to admit, we know there is a lot more to the support, but most of the files are still classified

You're preaching to the choir..

The U.S. government uses secrecy as the rule when interfering in other country's affairs,

So does Iran, Syria, Israel, Pakistan, the Saudis, the Russians, The Chinese the UK etc etc etc...

Your point?

The U.S. was aware that Iraq was using chemical weapons, and even after hearing of Iraq using chemical weapons on the kurds we did not stop supporting them

That's a lie.
The US not only broke the story but protested the gassing....

I don't know how old are you or maybe too young to remember but the problem then as now is that people were saying it was a False flag so the US could take action.

Not only that, but the U.S. delivered bio-weapon research materials to Iraq.

AGAIN
Yes the US was involved. Nobody here has denied US involvement. But that however seems to be the extent of peoples focus. Many here obviously don't to know or even care to research the whole story or who were the other main contributors were. There was plenty of blame to go around.
Iraq's Chemical Weapons Program suppliers by country

• Singapore
  • Brazil
  • India
  • Germany
  • Spain
  • Belgium
  • Netherlands
  • China
  • France
  • Britain
  • United States of America

Source

Linky here
In the late 1970's, it was actually the German firm 'Karl Kobe' that sold Iraq the ingredients for it's first chemical weapons. Karl Kobe and others sold Iraq over 1,027 tons of the chemicals needed to produce mustard gas, Sarin, Tabun, and various tear gasses including CS and CN. The chemical weapons program was operational by late 1983/early 1984.

The United States CDC (Center for Disease Control) provided Iraq with biological samples up until 1989 for "Medical research and other purposes". The US supplied anthrax, West Nile virus, botulism, and Brucella melitensis to Iraq for little or no charge.

The United Kingdom paid, in full, for the Iraqi chlorine plant where mustard gas was manufactured. Brazil provided around 100 tons of mustard gas in the early 80's before the British funded plant was up and running. Singapore and India provided the ingredients for VX nerve agent and yet still more Tabun.

Egypt and Spain both provided the majority of Iraq's munitions that were designed to carry and disperse the chemical weapons. In 1984, a CIA leak reported to the Washington Post that the CIA was providing intel to the Iraqis, including the targeting information and coordinates where Iraq used it's chemical weapons against Iran.

Why haven't you acknowledged the fact that the CIA over-threw Iran's democracy, placing a dictator in charge, and starting the conflict between the U.S. and Iran?

I have repeatedly acknowledged Operation Ajax.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

And this is WHY you get Stars.

By Denying Ignorance, and actually presenting FACTS.

Its too bad some continue to embrace ignorance, at the cost of looking like complete fools.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Fantastic post Slayer !

It seems as if this young generation has never opened a history book in his life.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Now.. only if we can get people to read AND understand your post.....

Nice job..
edit on 19-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Drezden's point was that your post implied no US guilt.

Why does it matter they were Russian-made? If money used to purchase came from US? At that point it seemed to accept temporary defeat to objections against supporting Russia.

You know about Lend-Lease program, don't you? That was a major point that US supported Russia.
edit on 19-9-2012 by wujotvowujotvowujotvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wujotvowujotvowujotvo

What part of slayer saying that the us was involved are you not getting?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join