It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Marcum, someone debunk this please (Warning do not click if you have an obsessive compulsive di

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Someone posted this on ATS last night

I guarantee you, you will listen to the whole thing.

the thread is here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now i am completely mind blown and fascinated by this story. I tried to gather more info but can't find anything other than what is already on ATS, not much.

Can someone debunk this so i can stop thinking about it please. Or even better help me locate This guy. This story is incredible i have not seen anything that has catch my attention as much as this in years.
edit on 16-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

If we have an ATS member near Stanberry Missouri could you please get in touch with me.

Can someone find the origin of this picture, when and where was it first uploaded on the internet .

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So far i got his real name , Michael E. Marcum from this thread that shows the article in the newspaper talking about the theft of the 6 transformers. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let's find this guy!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Think you've just gave me a new obsession to take over my obession with Dr.Peter Beter

By the way, I recommend this subject to the member: NoRegretsEver, she has excellent investagative skills.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Think you've just gave me a new obsession to take over my obession with Dr.Peter Beter

By the way, I recommend this subject to the member: NoRegretsEver, she has excellent investagative skills.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

ok will do so thank you!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

Wow - now this is interesting to say the least.

Sounds like he was a real character too.............

Check out this Blog

S&F

edit on 16-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: removed link already referenced - too much beer!!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Im going to listen to it again now and take notes, he said he had a major in electrical engineering at one point, will try to figure out where he did that, that place must have traces of him.

Also we need to figure out if that news article is genuine.

And the police officer that called, was it all staged??? Would the cop that arrested him really call and be that friendly with him???

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

So, he's probably cashed in his winning lottery ticket and is now having a blast on some island in the South Pacific, somewhere in the future... Or would it be in the past

Seriously though, this is just some crazy s**t, I love threads like this, remind me why I came to ATS... I missed yesterday's thread so thanks for bringing it back up.. I have some serious investigating to do

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradisepurple

So, he's probably cashed in his winning lottery ticket and is now having a blast on some island in the South Pacific, somewhere in the future... Or would it be in the past

Seriously though, this is just some crazy s**t, I love threads like this, remind me why I came to ATS... I missed yesterday's thread so thanks for bringing it back up.. I have some serious investigating to do

Thank you, and please share with us whatever you might find. Will do the same.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
cmon you lot...really...

im just saying....those of us who can comprehend time travel knows, to ACTUALLY build a device, then

1) buying a lottery ticket is soo low on the list its a joke.
2) how are you meant to get back?..if you do get back...reality as you knew it would of completely differed

comedy!!....they were probably reaserching i think...and the parts were expensive

food for thought - if teleportation is possible....then i think time travel could be....peace

edit on 16-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
cmon you lot...really...

im just saying....those of us who can comprehend time travel knows, to ACTUALLY build a device, then

1) buying a lottery ticket is soo low on the list its a joke.
2) how are you meant to get back?..if you do get back...reality as you knew it would of completely differed

comedy!!....they were probably reaserching i think...and the parts were expensive

food for thought - if teleportation is possible....then i think time travel could be....peace

edit on 16-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

1) Buying a lottery ticket is probably the first thing i would do
2) Since time travel has never been scientifically demonstrated i do not think you can affirm anything about it.

Maybe the vortex would have just stayed open until the machine was turned off in the past.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaskunk

2) Since time travel has never been scientifically demonstrated i do not think you can affirm anything about it.

lolol...im just saying....you wouldnt try and save someones life...stop 9/11.......find out truths....try and guide future.
steal henry 8 crown lololol,,,,,,

and for the sake of debate:

1) you smell
2) na na nanana

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

lolol...im just saying....you wouldnt try and save someones life...stop 9/11.......find out truths....try and guide future.
steal henry 8 crown lololol,,,,,,

and for the sake of debate:

1) you smell
2) na na nanana

If my backyard machine really worked , i would get the lottery ticket, become a millionaire than build one huge time machine with all the $$$$ i gots.

Traveling in the past? not sure i would touch anything or save anyones life.

1) you also smell
2) I GOT INVESTIGATING TO DO!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

1) you also smell
2) I GOT INVESTIGATING TO DO!!!

lololol hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

do your thing bro....id like to see what you find

peace

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have always found Mike Marcum's case interesting due to it's correlation to 2 other cases with similar happenings.

One being of course John K. Hutchison (disappearing metal objects)

And the other being one from: amasci.com...

Back when I was about 14, something I had built did something I'd classify as odd. The circuit was simple: the DC-DC inverter salvaged out of an old xenon timing light, and one of those hoop-shaped UHF television antennas. I hooked the inverter to 12 volts DC from a wall adapter, and connected the high voltage/high frequency secondary to the two leads on the hoop. Surprisingly, the crude device didn't short out and go up in a fireball; and I could hear the inverter make a faint "whining" sound from the transformer laminations vibrating.

Somewhere along the line, I got the bright idea to stick something inside the loop and see what (if anyhthing) would happen - I expected at most some magnetic oddity. So I suspended an ordinary steel paper clip in the exact center of the ring with fine sewing thread, and plugged the circuit in. The paper clip developed a faint blue glow around it, and about ten or fifteen seconds in, IT VANISHED, leaving the sewing thread dangling free. Where did it go?

What makes this so odd? It's that when I reversed the polarity of the hoop (by doing the 'ol switcheroo of the two high voltage leads) and repowered the thing, the paper clip reappeared on the thread amidst a faint blue corona like it had the first time around. The paper clip appeared to be intact, and did not change temperature or exhibit any obvious metallurgical changes.

So this leaves the question: Where did the paperclip go anyway? Did it really "transport" to another physical location? Did it slip through our spacetime and end up in some kind of subspace domain or interfold layer? Did a quantum phase shift occur, putting it slightly out of phase with the dimension we exist in? Did it end up in another quantum reality; ie. an alternate universe? Or did it time-travel to some past or future point?

I think I can rule out a straight "transport" from one physical location to another; for the paperclip would have likely fallen on its side during the first half of transport and reappeared in a different physical orientation; assuming it reappeared at all. It might also come back very cold (from being briefly exposed to space, should it have been transported there).

Time travel also seems suspect; a very similar effect might have been observed upon its return - again, it might not even have been retrievable.

That still leaves the door wide open as to what may have happened to that paper clip after it vanished from the wire hoop.

About two weeks after this experiment, I came home from school one day to find the entire apparatus (which had been set up on a dresser) quite thoroughly destroyed; and I've never been able to re-create these results nor did I ever find out who smashed th e piss out of it.

I have come to the conclusion that at least two of these cases owe the disappearing act to vibrating transformer laminations. The Mike Marcum case and the one I quoted being the cases in question. I'm not sure about John K Hutchison's case but I'm pretty sure transformer laminations could be involved there as well.

Remember, in order for an object to exhibit quantum properties it's normal electromagnetic makeup must be vibrating without the object in question vibrating. You don't change polarity, current, voltage, field strength, resistance, etc.. All you have to do is figure out how to "vibrate" an electromagnetic field therefore giving it quantum properties. If these stories are true I'm pretty sure that is what is happening.

Who would have thunk that vibrating transformer laminations could help to produce a controllable quantum field.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Elzon1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
At 40min50

Police officer calls from stanberry Missouri.

Mike calls him Tom Hampton ?

Can someone double check this.

Also just found this NYtimes article from December 8 1996 and seems to be the last we ever heard of him :

Mike Marcum is back, and the citizens of St. Joseph, Mo., are exhaling in relief. Marcum stunned the fringe-science world last year when he announced on Art Bell's syndicated ''Coast to Coast A.M.'' radio program -- which often focuses on paranormal topics -- that he was inventing a time machine using electrical transformers and 168 electromagnets. In late September, Marcum vanished, and The St. Joseph News-Press chillingly reported that he'd been evicted from his apartment, allegedly for transporting a cat ''a block away.'' Marcum resurfaced last month, taking umbrage with ''the cat deal -- it just ain't true.'' As for his gizmo, he plans to test it as soon as he solves the sticky problems of controlling when and where it sends him. ''Right now,'' he says, ''this would only make a good garbage disposal.''

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The one caller said he shouldn't have gone through it step by step because there are idiots out there that might try this at home. I think I just might be bored and idiot enough to try this at home.
Good find Alpha, that was entertaining.

edit on 16-9-2012 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Just started listening, fascinating stuff!

Anyone else think it sounds like Brian Griffin interviewing Butthead?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There was a Mike Marcum in Inez Ky who died in 2009 of an overdose.
local forum
It may be him since he seemed to have fallen off the map around that time.

I'll keep looking, but I suspect that due to lack of a trail there wont be more than a bunch of dead ends.
If we can get some family names, maybe we could track them down and see where he went to.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
There was a Mike Marcum in Inez Ky who died in 2009 of an overdose.
local forum
It may be him since he seemed to have fallen off the map around that time.

I'll keep looking, but I suspect that due to lack of a trail there wont be more than a bunch of dead ends.
If we can get some family names, maybe we could track them down and see where he went to.

He disappeared in 1997.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Ok breaking news , i just found this picture :

compare it to this picture of Mike :

SO, hmm...wtf? The picture is photoshopped

source : www.surplusturbineparts.com...

This picture can no longer be accepted as evidence in our search for mike.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join