It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Marcum, someone debunk this please (Warning do not click if you have an obsessive compulsive di

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I saw those pics on tin eye but didn't bother noting it. I guess I should have to be thorough.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well this guy really went off the grid.

Did not find him out of the 204 Michael Marcum living in the states.

the Only death certificate i could find for a Michael Marcum that could be this guy is for a Michael Marcum born in 1976 and died in 1997 when mike disappeared. (weird i know) but our guy was born in 1974, unless he was not really 21 during the interview with Art Bell.

edit on 16-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Might have had the name wrong.

Michael Markham

Some months after his last interview with this man and his parole officer, Art on air mentioned that he had received a phone call from the officer. It seems Mike had failed to appear for his monthly parole meeting, and the officer tried to track him down. When he arrived at the warehouse where Michael often worked on his project he found all the electrical equipment had melted down. Michael was nowhere to be found. Art wondered if he had tried to go through the arc. But it was even more months later that a caller called in about an article he read in an Arizona paper microfilmed from around the 1930’s. It described a man found wandering in the desert near Phoenix with strange clothes made of unidentified fabric. He had third degree burns that appeared to be from either a fire or electrical, he was near death, and much of what he was trying to say came out garbled, though he did mention his first name being Mike.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
zabasearch.com shows 4 michael e marcum's and 4 michael e markham's in the US. I didn't watch the video because I have a bit of OCD and don't want to be taking any chances with my sanity.

If you want the addresses and maybe phone numbers just do a free search. I am not going to post identifying information.

Another ATS story about him:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck finding him!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
zabasearch.com shows 4 michael e marcum's and 4 michael e markham's in the US. I didn't watch the video because I have a bit of OCD and don't want to be taking any chances with my sanity.

If you want the addresses and maybe phone numbers just do a free search. I am not going to post identifying information.

Another ATS story about him:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck finding him!

Thank you Lady , Just searched what you said and checked their age, none match.
edit on 17-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

Strangely the only one with no information on his age lives in Missouri.

And that is because he is dead nvm... false alarm

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The Nexus article was written after interviewing Mark in 2011. The author of the article was contacted by a man named Greg via the From The Shadows blog. He knew how Mike could be contacted. And From The Shadows did contact Mike and interviewd him for the article. Read the comments at the bottom. From The Shadows - Mike Marcum And The Time Machine

If you visit From The Shadows on Facebook, you will find a post about this on July 17, 2011. From The Shadows Facebook

Does anyone remember Mike Marcum, the man who built a time machine out of a Jacob's ladder, then, after he told Art Bell's audience he was close to jumping through it himself, he just disappeared? That was in 1998. I found him. Check out the Mike Marcum update in the August/September issue of Nexus Magazine.

What this means is that the Nexus article mentioned here on ATS in the past, is in fact from a direct interview with Mark in 2011. Long after he supposedly died. And to up the anty? He supposedly time traveled and lost his memory of things.

I also found this article that talks about the Nexus article. Worm Hole Produced

In fact he reappeared eight hundred miles away and two years later (2000) was suffering from what must be described as a mind wipe. This took place over a decade ago and he has since had substantial mental recovery although much detail in terms of specific day to day from the time and place is missing. This past decade was spent obviously in survival mode but he did eventually make contact and this has led to the article in Nexus

Excerpt from Nexus archive listing:

MIKE MARCUM'S TIME MACHINE EXPERIMENTS - By Jason Offutt. Electronics tinkerer Mike Marcum used guinea pigs to test his time machine before trying to teleport himself. After jumping into the event horizon, he woke up to find he'd been teleported from Missouri to Ohio and had missed two years in the process.

Nexus

Anyways, that answers many of our questions about what happened to him up until 2011. I can search for more. BTW, does anyone want to spend a buck fifty for the whole article?

edit on 17-9-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well, I live in the areas mentioned. Actually went to college in St. Joe and up near Stanberry. I have never heard of this guy, though. I can't listen to the radio show right now but I will tomorrow. Just thought I would let you know I live around there.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
The Nexus article was written after interviewing Mark in 2011. The author of the article was contacted by a man named Greg via the From The Shadows blog. He knew how Mike could be contacted. And From The Shadows did contact Mike and interviewd him for the article. Read the comments at the bottom. From The Shadows - Mike Marcum And The Time Machine

If you visit From The Shadows on Facebook, you will find a post about this on July 17, 2011. From The Shadows Facebook

Does anyone remember Mike Marcum, the man who built a time machine out of a Jacob's ladder, then, after he told Art Bell's audience he was close to jumping through it himself, he just disappeared? That was in 1998. I found him. Check out the Mike Marcum update in the August/September issue of Nexus Magazine.

What this means is that the Nexus article mentioned here on ATS in the past, is in fact from a direct interview with Mark in 2011. Long after he supposedly died. And to up the anty? He supposedly time traveled and lost his memory of things.

I also found this article that talks about the Nexus article. Worm Hole Produced

In fact he reappeared eight hundred miles away and two years later (2000) was suffering from what must be described as a mind wipe. This took place over a decade ago and he has since had substantial mental recovery although much detail in terms of specific day to day from the time and place is missing. This past decade was spent obviously in survival mode but he did eventually make contact and this has led to the article in Nexus

Excerpt from Nexus archive listing:

MIKE MARCUM'S TIME MACHINE EXPERIMENTS - By Jason Offutt. Electronics tinkerer Mike Marcum used guinea pigs to test his time machine before trying to teleport himself. After jumping into the event horizon, he woke up to find he'd been teleported from Missouri to Ohio and had missed two years in the process.

Nexus

Anyways, that answers many of our questions about what happened to him up until 2011. I can search for more. BTW, does anyone want to spend a buck fifty for the whole article?

edit on 17-9-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

Where is the nexus article, all i see is a paragraph

Just found it , i will pay the buck fifty

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
Well, I live in the areas mentioned. Actually went to college in St. Joe and up near Stanberry. I have never heard of this guy, though. I can't listen to the radio show right now but I will tomorrow. Just thought I would let you know I live around there.

Excellent, i think i have located the police officer that was on the Art Bell show .

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ok this # just got a lot more weirder. Now there is no way to know if the information in the nexus article is authentic. But if it is, i am speechless.

Here is what happened to Michael Marcum after he disappeared in 1997 :

After giving his address on the ART bell show, people started going to his house day and night and he decided to move out of St-Joseph.

He received over 20 000$ in donations from ART bell's listener and over one million dollar's worth of equipment including a warehouse in Kansas City where he went to start building a machine big enough for a human to enter the vortex.

Marcum built his machine high in the air inside that warehouse and started experiments on guinea pigs. He started throwing guinea pigs in the shimmering circle for weeks and was finding them outside of the warehouse in the parking lot every time. The guinea Pigs where found either East or West of the parking but never North or south.

In 1998 , Marcum decided to test the machine himself. He jumped. Woke up in a farm field in Ohio in the middle of nowhere, cold and hungry. He ended up going to a Cincinnati homeless Shelter, regaining his memory over a few months he realized he was now in the year 2000. He now lives in Ohio, although he did return to the warehouse in Kansas city only to find it empty. No traces of his notes, tapes and the machine.

The article ends with Michael saying :

by my birth certificate I'm thirty-seven, but biologically I'm thirty-five since I skipped over two years of the calendar."

No other information on where he is other than somewhere in Ohio.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It was fun investigating this story, thank you to all the ones that contributed.

Since i have no way to verify the information in the nexus article, I think i have reached the bottom on this one and there is nothing much left to find on this guy.

I am done here.

I will make a chronology of the entire story and post it when i am done.

Later,

AS.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Dang I'm actually headed to St James next week. Oh well

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This story caught me, it is too bad there is no more meat on the bone.
If the cop can be found, maybe our local member could ask him some questions.
Maybe we could eventually locate Mike and invite him here for a proper interview.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
This story caught me, it is too bad there is no more meat on the bone.
If the cop can be found, maybe our local member could ask him some questions.
Maybe we could eventually locate Mike and invite him here for a proper interview.

I am in touch with someone in Missouri that will try to talk to both cops.

Also, Michael if you are here, I am willing to pay you big money for an interview and get all the facts straight.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

I will pitch in 35 bucks myself for this interesting story.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13

I will pitch in 35 bucks myself for this interesting story.

You hear that michael ! 1035 $ for some of your time.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

If he did indeed break the laws of known physics and time travel, I doubt any of us would ever find him. What was this you mentioned earlier about a broken glass tube found?

My bad. I mixed up something from a different thread.

edit on 17-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Don'T know what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphaskunk
It was fun investigating this story, thank you to all the ones that contributed.

Since i have no way to verify the information in the nexus article, I think i have reached the bottom on this one and there is nothing much left to find on this guy.

I am done here.

I will make a chronology of the entire story and post it when i am done.

Later,

AS.

Wow, I feel like you stopped the search quick. I'm just beginning to get started!

I searched the Missouri case history website and came up with this guy. I'm not sure if this is the right guy. Of course, this is taking into account that the nexus article is wrong.

Edit:

I had the links posted and they didn't work. After digging around in the cases, they aren't him. I have searched for Markham but that guy seems to have been born in 1966. Searching Marcum gives me a guy born in 88.

I will keep looking at the different resources I can think of.
edit on 18-9-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Okay I just found this!

I used Spokeo.com to search his name. I used Marcum. Mike Marcum came up and I think this is him.

It gives a p.o. box for St. Joseph, MO. When I clicked on it, it showed a map of his previous addresses. Some in Stanberry, MO, Chillicothe, OH, and Lancaster, OH. Does this prove the nexus article?

His age is given as 30's. Spokeo isn't free so I can't view all of the info.

There is also an address for the same person in St Joseph for what appears to be an apartment.

I don't think the link is going to work so just go to spokeo.com and search him. Click on the St. Joe results.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join