It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with some of you? I have a right to be offensive, much as you have a right to be offen

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hushabye
reply to post by rwfresh

I wonder how many attention spans correlate

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Nobody has any rights. Rights are things that people feel entitled to, as if they are some inalienable constant. A right is an idea that people fall back upon not unlike a security net for their justifications. Nobody has any rights, only abilities. Reality is a very literal place governed by strict rules that cannot be bent beyond their parameters. Of course I speak of the known "laws" of the universe. Gravity and such are literally the reasons why we exist, why we have pulsing brains and a myriad of mind-altering chemicals known as emotions.

As living beings we are part of the universe and our goals are whatever we wish them to be. There are no predetermined paths for us beyond the influence of the physical world around us. Morals don't actually exist, as much as some might wish to believe. We choose our own paths as much as we can. But what goals are we working toward? Where will humanity stand in 500 years?

I can't lie that when I see news of the world I feel utterly ashamed to be related to the violent and ignorant animals that some people make themselves out to be. What logical reason does anyone have for being intentionally and meaningfully rude or violent with somebody, especially those they've never met? This planet has been a bloodbath for the last 5,000 years and we humans have become extremely efficient at killing one another.

I wish only for people to care about one another, inexplicably, indefinitely and with a passion to see each other thrive intellectually and emotionally. Hasn't everyone been an infant at one point, new to this world and befuddled with astonishment at our early expedition into reality? Haven't we all felt terrible pain and suffered intense loss? We've all had parents (whether they raised us or not) and childhood memories. We really are all the same, our differences are created by us and we are intentionally divisive for whatever unimaginable reason.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

So im more disrespectful than say...some uneducated nit wit that thinks its ok to burn down an embassy because some fool made a movie that spoke bad about what they believe in?

If anything...the real problem is you cant nuke the whole useless area and turn it into a glass factory.

Tit for tat my friend....tit for tat.

Hammurabi's law should be in full force....then maybe people would behave themselves.....then you might see that respect youre on the search for.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The only sin that cannot be forgiven is the blasphemy of the Holy ghost or Holy spirit. The holy ghost/spirit is the spirit of god within you. You may cut down a religion or church or even blasphemy god or Jesus and it appears that it can be forgiven if you repent but not if you cut down the spirit of god within people. Islam worships the same god as Christians. Same god, different religion. Different method of getting to god. Same holy spirit within people. This is how I understand it anyway. All religions have their flaws. All religions have their good points. I will never cut down a Muslim's faith in god. I may not quite agree with all the interpretations of their religion though. I don't agree with some Christians interpretations of the bible either.

Freedom of speech does not give you the right to Slander others. There are laws against that.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

You are one of the FIRST poster I actually like. I completely agree with your thread. I dfind the video very FUNNY and to be honest I think it s true.

I happen to think mohammed was a child molester and killler. I also think that these muslims are the closet things to animals we humans have. They riot and kill and burn crap over a video. I hope they all die...that is my opinion and one I am entitled to.

They disgust me and I hold nothing but pure HATRED for them. Again I am free to hate who I want but others can form their own opinions and I dont really care what they think.

I actually sit at my office sometime and close the door pretending to be on the phone or some BS and just imagine a world without religion and its followers. Now to me that would solve the overpopualtion problem right there. it brings joy to my heart when I see a world with NO religion, No churches and mosques and especially no muslims or jews or christians etc.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The movie was dumb as hell but if some pissed off libyan wants to make an issue out of it and chant death to america - bring it to an american and see what happens bro - you'll quickly learn what should be obvious by now - if god is real he'll likes us more than you.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Bullies tend to get the deserved beat down, when your offensive in public. See the police, shooting at those violent protests over in the Middle East? But we are suppose to believe that these demonstrations and violence is NOT representative of their respective Islamic countries? "Oh, it's just the extremists. They don't have rights like you and me."

So what we get, is protesting marginalized. The protestors are all extremist. The protestors are only a few hundred people at each consulate. The protests will dies down. The protests... I wonder what else is going on, cause guess what, I haven't heard ANYONE in real life talking about it over here in America. We just shrug our shoulders and continue on with our day.

We are led. All of us. The best thing this can turn into is a dismantle of corporations and big bank. A retreat and cut off from Eastern countries is my vote. Do you think that will happen?

It's quite easy to be offensive when you don't have to own up to what you said, isn't it? Don't want a target on YOUR back, do you? Bully posts are generally removed as T&C violations. ATS monitors and mediates it's online content, in and with, regards and respect towards all it's users. This parody was not in good taste. That the film made it past T&C astounds and sickens me. Freedom of speech, does not mean, the freedom to be offensive and incite violence that might spark international war! But hey, this is a great tool, in furthering the us against them mentality. Isn't it?

Great change - 2012.
I guess the Mayans were right!

There is nothing in that internet spoof, except a message meant to cause public outrage and protesting.
Nice work Google, you are bullies. (The company that is.) To the OP, S&F, for creating a thought-provoking thread. None of my opinions, which are subject to change, were directed toward you. I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around all the activity that has gone on since 9/11/2012.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I agree with op. Enough is enough. If truth be told, Jesus & Mohammed probally sat around & puffed the hooka together. Dreaming up ways to fool all the folks, all the time, till the end of time. Religion...It's gonna kill us all, whether we want it to or not.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
Open your eye’s people; it is the so called “friendly” Muslims demonstrating hate in the streets when someone sketches out a cartoon of Mohammed. I have NEVER seen Muslims out in the streets rallying together to demonstrate their love for this great country! And for those that say that it is only a small majority that are wackos…? Go ahead and burn the Koran, talk down Muhammad, etc..! I’m sorry people! I’m just not feeling the love! Are there really that many people out there that are so blind to the truth?

Actually it's NOT the friendly Muslims that are doing that. It's the extremists. The reason that a lot of good Muslims don't speak out is because their leaders are afraid of what the extremists do. My muslim friends tell me to ignore them and they'll go away, but that doesn't always work.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
thanks all for your replies, I felt the need to moderate myself and refrain from any further involvement on this topic, as I have already spewed all the hate filled speech i can bare for the rest of the year.

Thanks to all who participated, even those that didnt like my rant.

Your use of your reason and rights to express your beliefs is very much welcomed and appreciated!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join