It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with some of you? I have a right to be offensive, much as you have a right to be offen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Wow. You are full of hypocrisy. How does that feel? (Your ego tells you Pride feels great, but hopefully your heart is aware of your ignorance.)

For starters (and let me make it clear, I am not religious.)

First you ask:

If your prophet was real, and he was offended, he would have stopped them from making it. Why is it that your "proffet" is so all powerful, yet he needs a bunch of ignorant fools to act in his name?

Then you say:

It is a right of anyone to make and publicly release a movie about any subject they want, yet some of you want the .gov to have to approve of them first? Are you insane? What next, you want them to give my thoughts a pass before I get to have them?

So...you are completely against governments telling you what to do and what not to do...but you think that "if" God were real, then HE would be the one to tell us what to do and not to do??? No. We have free will. We are free. We are free. We are free. Alright?
Yes, some religious people believe God controls the actions of everyone, but that is not what God is, nor what God does.
Just like a truly loving parent, you can't stop your children from doing what they want. (Especially the older and more independent they get.) A loving parent will guide a child, give them advice, but not stop them from doing what they need to do, even if it means they may get hurt.

Then you say:

Following any idea with such mindless nonthinking devotion is stupid.

Who are you to say that people who believe in God have not done just as much thinking about it as you have done about it? You are following a God too, it's just that your 'God,' is 'No God.'
No God, no peace.
Know God, Know Peace.

Then you top that off with,

The entire time not honoring my right to do and think as I will.

Yet you are CLEARLY insulting and dishonoring people for having the same right - the right to believe what they believe.

And then, to finish it off, you have the one actual 'self aware' thought of your whole rant, yet you use it in such a blindly ignorant and arrogant way that it actually makes my soul sad to see someone of your mindset.

The best part is, over here in America we just watch it like a movie on T.V. it never really effects us much, you idiots get to live it, everyday, for as long as this insanity lasts.

Yes, you're right. You sit on your @$$ and think this is a movie. You have been conditioned to think that ALL Muslims are 'characters' in some drama that is unfolding and they are all the bad guys. You see them as very one dimensional and think they 'only' reason the violence continues is THEIR fault for hating us.
Yet, WHY do they hate us? Could it be because we have occupied their lands, killed their people, overtaken their governments, killed their children, and lied about it?
Could it be because of people like you?
Yes....yes I do believe those could be the reasons.

When I see someone truly with NO compassion as yourself...well... I don't know what to say except I pray for your soul.
I wish you happiness.
I wish you were SO HAPPY that you no one, not even those 'nutjobs' could bring you to such a state of ignorant hate.
THEN, and only then, will the world start to heal.
But it starts with you.

At the moment, you are embodying the EXACT SAME HATRED as those you are angry at for DEMONSTRATING HATRED.
How can this possibly make sense?
How do you ever foresee your actions breaking the cycle of hatred?
Stop reacting: Start evolving.

Oh, and one last thing:
YES, you do have the right to be offended! You have the right to do anything you want.
You have the right to experience whatever you want.
But anger, hatred and no compassion will only bring you more anger, hatred, sickness, low energy and sadness.
The choice is yours and always has been.

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Buddha
edit on 15-9-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The old saying "let it roll like water off a duck's back" is something we all need to think about at times, some of us more than others of course. We should never be so extreme about anything as to cause physical harm to another human being with the obvious exception to brutal crime: serial killers, rapists, kiddy fiddlers, etc.

If humanity would just think before lashing out with emotionally driven vengeance this would be a much better place to live. A good example of this is the Tibetan Buddhist Dalai Lama.
edit on 15-9-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It's okay to be offensive if you're actually trying to make a real honest point. It's called using absurdity to illustrate absurdity. A good example of this is the film Dogma. That's a pretty offensive film. So is Blazing Saddles and Police Academy.

But being offensive to hurt people is another matter entirely.That is wrong.

However, most people can't tell the difference between the two and often can't get past being offensive and get upset.

But still, suing violence against a person who is offensive to shut them up is wrong too. And if it were me I'd press charges against those who attacked me.

Sigh, I really wish common courtesy and respect were of value in today's America. I'm so sick of the idiots out there who think they have to be respected but they don't have to give anybody any respect. That just hurts society in the end and tears it apart.

Real respect is not what you've done. it's in how you treat people. And often people will respect you if you respect them.

Not everyone, of course, but many will.

I weep for this country.

But I also wonder if it had a hand in this attitude.

After all, this attitude really didn't start emerging until crap shows like Jerry Springer and the like started appearing and showing people it was okay to beat up other people just for being different.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
reply to post by OldSchoolMom

Mohammad like Jesus was not sacred......he was a man.....that's all....and much like Elvis..he wasn't real famous till after his death.

If people want to get pissed at me for saying that.....come get some....I can spot a turban a mile off through my scope.

I still wouldn't compare the two. Muhammad was a cave-dwelling narc, child molester, murderer, & wrote the Qur'an over the course of 23 years via the revelations of angelic communication; he had no qualms with ordering assassinations on his political opposition, or copulating with a 9 year old child.

Jesus on the other hand, appears to be a very ethical man ahead of his time spiritually. Tell me, would people respect Jesus like they do if he committed the same acts as Muhammad?? Simply no.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
To have to violently defend your god, prophet, or religion means that you're not secure in your belief of your religion. In almost EVERY case of violent behavior in defending something or persecuting someone, it's because that person is insecure about their beliefs enough that they're willing to give a beat down to shut the other people up.

It happens on both sides of the fence. Christians AND Muslims do the same thing. Its one of the reasons that I see religion as bad. Because as loud as the dissenters are, there's so many more of the good muslims and christians and they can't make their voice heard about the dissenters. So, my solution is to treat those people that would do harm to others to defend their religion against words as hate criminals and prosecute them accordingly.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Granted the difference between the 2 is night and day.....I just think that real life isn't highschool...and people shouldnt be so easily offended at such petty issues.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Your rant is nothing more than ignorance at its finest. I will withhold punching holes into your tiny myopic version of reality until I read further on other's comments. I'm sure by now it's already hanging by a thread.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am a Christian, and if you want to curse me, my G-d, burn the Christian bible, etc… Than have at it! It is what some of us call “free will”! It’s what’s within my heart that matters most! It is your free will to do so, and I’m not going to go out and kill you, or make threats to kill you if you decide to do such things! There are a lot of videos out there that show how their children are indoctrinated. Taught that the Jews are evil monkeys trying to take over the world! It’s sad! Really sick!

Open your eye’s people; it is the so called “friendly” Muslims demonstrating hate in the streets when someone sketches out a cartoon of Mohammed. I have NEVER seen Muslims out in the streets rallying together to demonstrate their love for this great country! And for those that say that it is only a small majority that are wackos…? Go ahead and burn the Koran, talk down Muhammad, etc..! I’m sorry people! I’m just not feeling the love! Are there really that many people out there that are so blind to the truth?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

YOU and those like you are products of Mainstream Media Brainwashing

Do you see Russian embassies attacked worldwide? No, because they haven't been starting foreign

battles all over the world and staging coup's etc etc. Sure, Russia deals with terrorism but mostly "blow back"

because of what happened in Chechnya .

edit on 15-9-2012 by LostPassword because: (no
reason given)

edit on 15-9-2012 by LostPassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

While i dont agree personally with the methods and the extremes of your rant, the creator of the video in question, or the actions of those in the middle east, i fully agree with your point. It is your right to be offensive as long as you are not harming another. Sticks and stones.

IMO, it was wrong to create a video mocking a religion, but not illegal. It is in the rights of the man, or group of men, to create the video and distribute it anyway they want, as long as they follow the law. I would never have created such a video, but i will defend any american's rights to do so, because that is what America is all about.

It is also wrong to start killing and setting fire to buildings because you are offended by a video. I dare say more wrong. There is NO excuse for murder and destruction, especially not because you were offended by a YouTube video.

In the USA we have the right to liberty and the rights set forth by our constitution and the bill of rights. It is well in our rights to say, produce, create anything we want as long as it does not infringe upon the rights of anyone else. Making a video, opinion or parody, does not infringe upon anyone's rights.

If someone in another country has issue with a YouTube video, they either need to grow up and not be so easily offended, or they need to suck it up and deal with it.

I feel everyone physically involved in the murder and destruction in the middle east over this video should be dealt with according to their countries laws and receive whatever punishment goes along with it. They committed crimes plain and simple. The reason is irrelevant because you can not justify murder and destruction by saying you were offended by a YouTube video.

DC

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My 2 cents:

The maker of that video and the people he offended have more in common then either of them think.......they're both in the mental second grade while the majority of the world has graduated college. Or at the very least are in high school.

They're both idiots and as some posters have pointed out, have no respect for other people. The room on this planet to accommodate people like that has shrunk to the point where it simply isn't there anymore. They've worn out their welcome and need to leave.

Now.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostPassword
reply to post by Propulsion

YOU and those like you are products of Mainstream Media Brainwashing

Do you see Russian embassies attacked worldwide? No, because they haven't been starting foreign

battles all over the world and staging coup's etc etc. Sure, Russia deals with terrorism but mostly "blow back"

because of what happened in Chechnya .

edit on 15-9-2012 by LostPassword because: (no
reason given)

A person makes a video, and the rest of the world has to pay? YOU can’t blame ME for what the American Gov. is doing to the rest of the world. Allah isn’t love, Allah is DEATH! And G-D forbids that you get in the way! Again, you can say whatever you want to me about Christianity. I promise you, I won’t make threats to your life.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

reply to post by OldSchoolMom

Mohammad like Jesus was not sacred......he was a man.....that's all....and much like Elvis..he wasn't real famous till after his death.

If people want to get pissed at me for saying that.....come get some....I can spot a turban a mile off through my scope.

see
you're what's wrong with the world.
we could get away with fewer folks like yourself.
it's hard to respect disrespectful people.
edit on 15-9-2012 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It's because the root of the heart inside Islam is based in something you can't comprehend. It's spiritual, and only the spiritual understand why they react as they do.

Strong Christians do not get offended at what others say about God or Jesus. Religious people do because they do not understand the battle is spiritual not physical. These people have a religion but no relationship. True followers of Christ can never get offended because God is the true judge.

Islam however... well..... enough is seen on TV to prove a point of who is really God and it's not Allah because his prophet says to eliminate all who oppose Islam. Jesus says love your enemies and let God judge them when they are dead. Life as a human is a tiny tiny tiny part of existence. Eternity is a very very long time. Therefore the true God and the true followers have no need to get offended.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Offense, even in human levels can only come to those who are insecure, unsure or weak. You can choose not to be offended but that isn't always easy

On a spiritual level the same is true but offense is not your responsibility.

If God is God, then what some say is right, let God deal with it. The Bible say he will after your life is over.

Offense has a root in self. Muslims are so easily..(almost ridiculously so).. offended. Offenses are about a 'violation of self concerns'.

But the true believer in God is not at all concerned with self = cannot be offended.

It's a fact and offense is the revealer of who is in control, ones God or ones self. Islams God is not in control. Islam God is not even God or he would teach something quite different.

Now who have I offended... come and reveal yourself??

edit on 15-9-2012 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You know, I believe in Jesus Christ, and If I had even a penny for every time I have had seen Jesus Christ made fun of or depicted in a negative way, I would be rich. I have not seen this video nor do I need to... I will not go out of my way to see it, but I am sure will see it at some point. This is still America and no matter if its about Muslims, Jews, or Christ and even if its something I disagree with there is still a little thing called free speech....So Muslims if you don't like it don't watch it...simple as that...Gosh Have some of these people ever watched South Park....I mean that stuff is on TV for gosh sakes..anyway Put your big boy pants on Muslims PERIOD!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldSchoolMom

I don't know sweetheart... I see it like this... what is with all the nasty effort to make fun of what others hold sacred anyway?

If we were in a bar and you decided to disrespect me, I bet my friends would take you outside and give you a lesson in manners.

We all have the right to be a butt-hole but, It used to be unpopular because we all knew it was disrespectful and usually something bullies do to make others feel worthless and bad. There is no other value.

I just wonder why it has become so popular and supported rather than treated with the contempt it deserves. It should be a shame to behave like that, and that is what should be talked about. This spike in profound disrespect for others as if you somehow deserve more respect than another human being is a problem...who promotes this distasteful behavior?
I don't see why poor and shameful behavior that has no other purpose than to hurt others should be encouraged even though we have a right to act like that.

I have not seen the video, but if it was meant as comic, derogatory comedy has been around forever.

I personally have always disliked it and never saw it as funny when people were targeted in an audience or a culture or religion was made fun of, just never got very funny to me. But it certainly has been an accepted form of entertainment and the ones making it make a lot of $$. people like Don Rickles and many many others.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I say bring our people home and sponsor more movies.
Then blame the movies on the Shiites or Sunnies.
Wouldn't that be fun to watch?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

God has got to be laughing at all of us...

Well, he should be laughing. Problem is, we're not funny! If life were a reality TV show it would be something like 'White Trash Roseanne Meets Jesus'.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
I have seen at least 6 threads in the last couple days about this IMHO quite funny , mohammed( or how ever you spell the losers name) spoof. You do understand that it is made to be a parody right? It is meant to make light of a rediculously held belief, that somehow Islam is so righteous that if one were to make fun of it, that they must die.

Well if your suppossed prophet were real, he would have laughed, as it was quite funny, honestly I LOL when I watched it. It is brilliantly done, in the style of Borat.

If your prophet was real, and he was offended, he would have stopped them from making it. Why is it that your "proffet" is so all powerful, yet he needs a bunch of ignorant fools to act in his name?

What was so horrible about this video?

It is a right of anyone to make and publicly release a movie about any subject they want, yet some of you want the .gov to have to approve of them first? Are you insane? What next, you want them to give my thoughts a pass before I get to have them?

In. Closing I would just like to add, religion is a joke, meant to pray on the weak of mind. Following any idea with such mindless nonthinking devotion is stupid. Only a idiot would demand an innocent prank be met with beheading, just because you disagree. I live in America, go ahead and insult me, and I will just make a entire series of youtube videos that make this movie look like factual accounting of islam.

I think to many of you are way to worried about pushing your beliefs on others, demanding they comply with your beliefs or else. You arfe the extremeists, demand ing I obey YOUR religious beliefs. The entire time not honoring my right to do and think as I will.

Just because your a bat# crazy religious zealot nutjob, does not mean anyone must listen to, agree with, or follow a single one of your "gods" laws. I am not religious, I won't follow any laws of any religion. The laws of my land allow me the freedom to think and question. If you don't respect my laws for me in my own land, I will reciprocate. We will disagree, you will turn vilent as per your tiny minds last resort.

Thus continuing your America bashing, and threatening us, which will only lead to more bombs falling in your lands, and more deaths, and more violence.

The best part is, over here in America we just watch it like a movie on T.V. it never really effects us much, you idiots get to live it, everyday, for as long as this insanity lasts.

rant off
edit on Sat Sep 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit, acronum not allowed in titles

Why do you figure the people that made that movie made it? For money? For fun? To make some political comment? To make people actually kill other people? Is it like scribbling '#@#!$" on a store window? What is going on in the minds of those people? Time was spent on it. It's fascinating. You seem to think it was made as a comedy movie... to be sold straight to DVD? or.. free on youtube looking for ad revenue? What was the purpose of it? Whatever it was it's working..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join