It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with some of you? I have a right to be offensive, much as you have a right to be offen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have seen at least 6 threads in the last couple days about this IMHO quite funny , mohammed( or how ever you spell the losers name) spoof. You do understand that it is made to be a parody right? It is meant to make light of a rediculously held belief, that somehow Islam is so righteous that if one were to make fun of it, that they must die.

Well if your suppossed prophet were real, he would have laughed, as it was quite funny, honestly I LOL when I watched it. It is brilliantly done, in the style of Borat.

If your prophet was real, and he was offended, he would have stopped them from making it. Why is it that your "proffet" is so all powerful, yet he needs a bunch of ignorant fools to act in his name?

What was so horrible about this video?

It is a right of anyone to make and publicly release a movie about any subject they want, yet some of you want the .gov to have to approve of them first? Are you insane? What next, you want them to give my thoughts a pass before I get to have them?

In. Closing I would just like to add, religion is a joke, meant to pray on the weak of mind. Following any idea with such mindless nonthinking devotion is stupid. Only a idiot would demand an innocent prank be met with beheading, just because you disagree. I live in America, go ahead and insult me, and I will just make a entire series of youtube videos that make this movie look like factual accounting of islam.

I think to many of you are way to worried about pushing your beliefs on others, demanding they comply with your beliefs or else. You arfe the extremeists, demand ing I obey YOUR religious beliefs. The entire time not honoring my right to do and think as I will.

Just because your a bat# crazy religious zealot nutjob, does not mean anyone must listen to, agree with, or follow a single one of your "gods" laws. I am not religious, I won't follow any laws of any religion. The laws of my land allow me the freedom to think and question. If you don't respect my laws for me in my own land, I will reciprocate. We will disagree, you will turn vilent as per your tiny minds last resort.

Thus continuing your America bashing, and threatening us, which will only lead to more bombs falling in your lands, and more deaths, and more violence.

The best part is, over here in America we just watch it like a movie on T.V. it never really effects us much, you idiots get to live it, everyday, for as long as this insanity lasts.

rant off
edit on Sat Sep 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit, acronum not allowed in titles

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You seem smart, but your sense of humor seems ill-tuned. IMHO.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

S&F for you idiots get to live it everyday.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You know... Im not a warmonger at all but I think we should just have an all out brawl and get it over with.
Sick of having to walk on eggshells when it comes to anything muslim related.
The hell with mohammed, he was probably a gay pedophile.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I wish I knew where I really stand on this.

I deplore the OP's obvious intent to provoke. Yet at the same time I believe in the critical necessity of freedom of speech. It is not just a right; it is a safeguard against tyranny and oppression.

Moreover, I believe rights should be constantly tested, even if – indeed, especially if – testing them offends some people.

Yet there is another side to the question. We have no more right to apply our own judgements of right and wrong to others than they have the right to judge us.

Thus we have no more right to criticize Muslims for their intolerance of insults or even depictions of their prophet than they have to force their religious beliefs and traditions upon us.

Of course, it is up to Muslims to understand and accept that the dictates and prohibitions of their religion cannot and should not be applied to others. There are indeed some tolerant, modern-minded Muslims who accept this; I have plenty of Muslim friends who do. But it is also my experience of Muslims (in Arabia, India, Malaysia, Singapore, the UK and my own country) that not many are inclined to be so tolerant.

As a civilized man, I regard cultural intolerance as barbaric and dangerous. Yet the tolerance of intolerance seems equally repellent. Where does that leave us? I wish I knew the answer.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
404 incoming

btw, Robin hood wear tights

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you...all this PC BS is getting out of hand, Egypt demanding our Govt. do something about this film...sorry folks, America has this thing called free speech. OP...you will get many folks telling you what a piece of crap you are...as for me...one of the best rants I've seen.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigFrigginAl

Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you...all this PC BS is getting out of hand, Egypt demanding our Govt. do something about this film...sorry folks, America has this thing called free speech. OP...you will get many folks telling you what a piece of crap you are...as for me...one of the best rants I've seen.

Bigfrigginal, you couldn't have said it better.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
As a few other threads have pointed out, the movie in question is probably only the scapegoat excuse for all this blowback violence (although it might incite some more people than normal).

If you want to be offensive, go for it. Nobody is stopping you. However, if you choose to do so, remember that a great many people do not share your sense of humor, and you may be the only one laughing.

I personally, as much as I am a proponent of free speech, do not choose to insult other people's religion. There is an old saying, Never discuss religion or politics in social situations. These two issues are sure to get people's backs up and cause all kinds of arguments.

This begs the question: Are you one of those types of people who enjoys upsetting others in order for you to get your jollies?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
This begs the question: Are you one of those types of people who enjoys upsetting others in order for you to get your jollies?

I am.

Is that a crime? Will I have the morality police chase me all over the interwebz nao?

Ya know what.. I am that guy... If I see someone having a sook about something pathetic, I'll have a go. Will you call the cops?

How about bash me? Get all your mates to come down and flog me?

No?

Wait, are you a Leb like the ones I know? Ha. no... No sword boys for you.

Dare I mock the profit mohammod .. only a complete dick would attack me for it. it is that simple. Faithful or not.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I don't know sweetheart... I see it like this... what is with all the nasty effort to make fun of what others hold sacred anyway?

If we were in a bar and you decided to disrespect me, I bet my friends would take you outside and give you a lesson in manners.

We all have the right to be a butt-hole but, It used to be unpopular because we all knew it was disrespectful and usually something bullies do to make others feel worthless and bad. There is no other value.

I just wonder why it has become so popular and supported rather than treated with the contempt it deserves. It should be a shame to behave like that, and that is what should be talked about. This spike in profound disrespect for others as if you somehow deserve more respect than another human being is a problem...who promotes this distasteful behavior?
I don't see why poor and shameful behavior that has no other purpose than to hurt others should be encouraged even though we have a right to act like that.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
you are a very silly petty little man.

your gonna get some with an attitude like that.

you are being manipulated as much as the idiots out rioting.

edit on 15-9-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If you get your jollies this way your are like a child poking a lion with a stick. I don't like walking on egg shells at all and those who are provoking others only make it worst for all of us.

If your child was in the military in the Middle East you might not think is so funny.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As I said in another thread, I support free speech. I support this movie being created even though I think it's a poor example of satire, acting, editing, and obviously made to offend. I'm disgusted by the entire sequence of events that followed the releasing of the movie, from it's release on Youtube to the protests and deaths that it "supposedly" caused. I think the producer or director, whoever it is that had to use an alias, is a scumbag coward who was most likely aware his crappy film would ruffle feathers, so he could hide from the concequences of his freedom of speech. However, freedom of speech! Ra Ra Ra!

So op, I agree with you being able to post what you have. I agree that some people may be offended by it. I agree that it isn't something you have to care about.

However, if you know that your freely expressed ideas will piss someone or a group of people off, why would you do such? You can share ideas that would bring joy and happiness, promote good will, possibly make life worth living.

Or you can poke fun at a religion whose Extremists have proven time and time again that they don't have problems murdering people around the world. Some people love kicking the hornets nest I suppose. Those people are idiots. Idiots that make "Freedom of Speech" in itself offensive.

It's like giving a little kid a stick. You tell the kid "You can do whatever you want with it". The kid could have drawn a picture in the sand, but instead the kid walks over to a sleeping cat and starts beating it. "Oh that kid will learn" you might say. Well scale up this premise for the issues of today. A painter wants to paint something. The painter has so much subject matter to choose from, but chooses to paint a picture of Muhammad as a clown. But hey it's okay! The painter used a fake name! And has no family serving overseas! So when someone gets killed because a bunch of idiots take offense to a painting, the painter doesn't care. Hell, paint another one! Eat up that press. The soldiers get paid to protect your freedoms, even if your utilization of those freedoms puts them in more danger.

Op, you can say whatever you want. But maybe, just maybe, we can choose not to troll? I mean, a troll movie has apparently incited protests and death. How much would your opinion change if your family member was murdered in one of these protests?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Go make your youtube videos you hero. While your making them, I will be distributing 1000's of leaflets around your country depicting the Prophet Mohammed with a couple of drawn eyes on my nutsack and captions stating who it is.... Now that would be something to see wouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

I am.

Is that a crime? Will I have the morality police chase me all over the interwebz nao?

Ya know what.. I am that guy... If I see someone having a sook about something pathetic, I'll have a go. Will you call the cops?

How about bash me? Get all your mates to come down and flog me?

No?

Wait, are you a Leb like the ones I know? Ha. no... No sword boys for you.

Dare I mock the profit mohammod .. only a complete dick would attack me for it. it is that simple. Faithful or not.

Your obviously only 11 years old.. Why don't you try and finish school before you try and debate on a conspiracy site you little creten

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Islam is about as much of a joke as Christianity is, both sides of the fence need to loose some clothing, get drunk, and wake up next to a hooker. Maybe then they wouldn't be so damned up tight.

Seeing as how Christians have a head start on the call girl experience.....might make Islamists get the zap on their forehead for the first time.

Wah wah wah Im so religious....its not funny...wah wah.....gimme a break. God has got to be laughing at all of us...in fact I'm almost sure humanity is a running sick joke of sorts.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The OP is right at least in that nobody should care regardless of intentions, beliefs, feelings, etc. To use religion as an excuse to cause harm to others is not okay anywhere. Humanity is not segregated in that to coexist we need to live and let live. If those who follow Muhammad wish to do so, that is just fine. If those who follow Jesus wish to, that is just fine. Hell you know there are certainly some who follow regular ole' men and women to their brown punch suicides. We all have equal creation rights in this world. Speaking negatively of someone's prophet, even in the worst sense is just fine. Say for instance a religion was created that was an intense adversary of the Islamic faith in that it purposefully outlined attacking Islam Muhammad followers, what is the difference in that from Islam? Nobody's religion, beliefs, intentions, dreams, hopes, etc are to be held above any others. If one particular section of all that exists here wishes to cause harm to others based upon their religion, that is different all together. Harm should not be tolerated. Whether it be from Christians, Muslims, Mormons, etc. I am strictly speaking of physical harm. Emotional harm is definitely negative, but does not warrant the other. Those who harm others emotions are not any better than those who harm others physically, but those who see life for what it really is are not affected by emotional harm. Everybody just needs to smile and relax. Life is good. ~Namaste

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join