It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: A Planned Deception

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hello everyone, despite my very new account I have been a very interested reader (since 2008) and more recently an interested reader and poster( since 2011). However due to some T and C violations my old account was deleted and now im reborn!! lol

This thread is about a book I recently read called A PLANNED DECEPTION "The Staging of a New Age Messiah" by Constance E. Cumbey. I recently moved back into my fathers house, at the age of 25 I am not gainfully employed and I needed a bit of support from my family, and my father, bless his heart was was kind enough to help me out. My father and Step-Mother are die-hard christians. They go to church every sunday and my father reads the bible every night after he comes home from work and watches his shoot em up westers (lol)

I myself prefer watching "The Big Bang Theory" which I find hilarious and I read a book or two here and there. Well I went through my 4 big boxes of books recently and only found a few I really wanted to read, after that I asked my step mom if it was cool if I read one of her books. She said sure, go pick anything you like off of my book shelf. So looking through her selection I found longevity, books and health books and cook books, and then I came across this, A Planned Deception by Constance E. Cumbey. Now I dont read christian literature so this is kind of out of the ordinary for me, but when I opened the book up and looked at the Table of Contents, I was pretty impressed, so I read the book.

For those of you who are curious, the TOC read something like this, 1. a planned deception 2. early new age centers 3. conscius political networking then and now 4. working out "the plan" 5. holography 6. disarmament and the new world order 7. of rainbows and unicorns 8. a new age case history 9. is the new age a nazi revival? 10. the protocols of zion 11. syncetism in the church 12. were these christians misunderstood? 13. pierre teilhard de chardin 14. the incredible heresies of father matthew fox 15. a secret kingdom? 16. networking the global vision

So the content was pretty heavy, but the book was boring and I didnt care for it very much, but I read on, and when I got to this 1 paragraph, I knew reading the whole book was worth it. Not because I believe this to be true, but because the conincidence was so profound I was speechless.

Here it is folks, the 1 paragraph

Once every seven years increasing number of
individuals and groups around the world observe a
Festival week of the new group of world servers. The next
will occur between December 21st and 28th in 1984 and
the Lucls Trust will be planning some special activities for
that period.

ok this book is copyright 1985, the 2012 conspiracy wasn't even thought up by then and even if it was there is absolutely no mention of it in this book, or any other book around the same time to my knowledge, if someone can come up with one, lemme know. For the mathematicians out there, take 1984, and add 7 ( because this "Festival week of the new group of world servers happens once every 7 years) now add 7 again, (hint you should be at 1998 by now.) Now add 7 again, (2005) now add 7 one last time (hooray your at 2012)

Now, it wasnt that profound to me that the date ended up at 2012, what was incredible, was the date comes out to 12/21/12 which is the date everyone is talking about "the end of the world" or "the great change"
I couldnt believe that in this old book copyright 1984 we've got this date showing up, and this group of people who attend are new agers, people who are for population control, disarmament and the like, thank you for reading this far if you have and please let me know what you folks think!

edit on Fri Sep 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags added IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
faddic reduction of numerals is simply projection by numbers when you don't have the essential philosophy underpinning it. I suggest you seriously learn something about numerology before "play". Read the works of Cheiro and what he wrote about kabbalisitc numerology and how particular numbers can be associated with particular sounds. The kabbilistic numerology system was developed over thousands of years and is full proof. Once you learn the foundations then you will continue to be amazed...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i`ve never heard of lucis trust so i googled it, apparently it`s been around for awhile and is an international trust.Their U.S. office is located on Wall ST. N.Y.

The Lucis Trust was incorporated in the United States in 1922.

The financial and legal affairs of the Lucis Trust are controlled by an international Board of Trustees, aided by additional Trustees and elected Officers and members in different countries.

The world activities of the Lucis Trust are dedicated to the establishment of right human relations. They promote the education of the human mind towards recognition and practice of the spiritual principles and values upon which a stable and interdependent world society may be based.

www.lucistrust.org...

The December 21st date for the start of their "celebrations" can`t just be a coincidence.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
and about 30 seconds of investigation on their website, I found this,

The Festival Week of the New Group of World Servers will occur December 21 - 28, 2012. This special week is observed every seven years and will be celebrated through special meetings and events.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
S+F for previous deletion and a mannered comeback.
I will read your thread now.

edit on 14-9-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

It is hard to believe that people have not heard of lucis trust.
I guess that is a good thing since hollywood has made so much light of it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
After all art imitates life.
edit on 14-9-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'd like to hear more about the book, care to elaborate on the chapter "rainbows and unicorns"? What conclusions did the author offer? Is the whole 2012 hype was engineered by Lucis Trust ??
edit on 14-9-2012 by Pilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

of rainbows and unicorns was about occult/ new age symbolism and they were talking about the different groups who use each. I believe the unicorn thing was the craziest, they were talking about how unicorns are like all powerful or something, and after depopulation they will be one of the only things left, It was really weird. It was from the new agers perspective though, not the authors. and the book specifically didnt talk about 2012 at all. I simply did the math because I was wondering when the next meeting/festival was going to be. I saw that the one she offered in the book was 1984, so I kept adding 7 and when I came to the date 12/21/12 I was really interested

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hi D. I'm not really sure what to make of the book, without actually reading it it, the seven yrs meeting thing is interesting, is there anything celestial that happens every seven yrs, if so you can bet it would be related to that.

If there is a planned new age deception, they have obviously tied it to he Mayan callander.

Is the author of the book a devout Christian? If so his observations of the new age could be biased and manipulated.

Are there any links where we can read more quotes from this book.

Wifi.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Fascinating find, while I don't think it directly has anything to do with the Mayan calendar or the current 2012 doomsday scenarios, it is kind of creepy that they meet every seven years on the solstice...

Either they have some deep rooted religious practice that is tradition from time long gone, or there is some ceremony that must be done, by rules on that day or they are massive Trek fans and practice Pon Farr... (j/k on the last one)

I would really like to know more about this organization, i'm going to do a little research...

S&F for you...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It should be pointed out that 1984 is too early to get going on 2012. The GMT correlation that connects the Gregorian calendar to the long count was published in 1984. Thus the author would be publishing at the same time as the 2012 date would be determined from the connection of the two calendars.

There are plenty of groups that do things on the winter solstice.
www.religioustolerance.org...
news.nationalgeographic.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

yes but how many of the groups that do things over the solstice are pro-population control and pro disarmament, and pro new world order?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by davidsander

What does that have to do with anything?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

lol
edit on 15-9-2012 by davidsander because: just cuz

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just a quick heads up to everyone, I DO NOT believe 2012 is going to be some mayan prophecy revealed. I think if anything huge happens in 2012, like lets say, some huge natural disaster that kills billions of people, it will be due to the New world order, unleashing some awesome weapon like HAARP or the like.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

HAARP is a weapon?

A group that has an event every 7 years had a 1 in 7 chance of matching up with 2012. The Olympics had a 50-50 chance since they are now on an every other year schedule. US elections happen every 4 years so there was a 1 in 4 chance of happening on 2012.

Remember that 2012 is only a match because of the GMT correlation. Other correlations do not have a match with 2012.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

so they have a roughly 14 percent chance of matching up with the YEAR 2012. now you have to take into account their festival starts on december 21, what is the chance of that? the answer, because you will not figure it out, and betray your own ignorance is , .0378%

not as good as 1 in 7 unfortunately

edit on 15-9-2012 by davidsander because: rub in someones face

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

so they have a roughly 14 percent chance of matching up with the YEAR 2012. now you have to take into account their festival starts on december 21, what is the chance of that? the answer, because you will not figure it out, and betray your own ignorance is , .0378%

Actually, that is not necessarily true. You are assuming that the events are independently random. Int his case that is not true.

1. Dates for events are not independently random as I have already shown and you did a pointless one liner which was "lol" as O recall.
2. You picked the group because of the match. We could just as well select:
solstice in TImes Square
Saturnalia
Chaomos
Gody
St Thomas Day
polo voladore (Mayan ritual)

The odds are not as you stated, capiche?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Your ignoring my last statement about how you obviously don't believe in 2012 and your just bashing anyone who does. I've seen your previous posts and threads on the topic.

Your being semantical.

also, just stop, stop with the nonsense. I read a book that is pretty obscure and not alot of people on the website have read it. Im offering a bit of information I gleaned from the book, I knew that some people who find the information interesting. If it doesnt interest you, move on.

Your proving nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join