It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: A Planned Deception

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

As to your first post, its a forum, and im not going to take it that seriously anymore, i can work myself into a tizzy, or I can relax and realize most of the people on here are generally good people.

as to the post im replying to, lets say for arguements sake that the Lucis Trust does have something to do with the 2012 conspiracy, so we have to draw a connection somehow, again, this is arguments sake.

Lets say the 2012 conspiracy was birthed in the 1980's (im not sure when it started so im just using this as an example) IF the Lucis Trust wanted to make something big happen and they wanted to pick a date, I wonder if they would pick a date that is significant to them? in order to subtley let everyone know they were responsible, or maybe just for kicks and giggles, or maybe its some occult ritual or they believe it has to happen during the solstice ( more crazy psycho energy during the solstice? lol) What Im saying is, your assuming 12/21/12 is just some crazy number that is set in stone and a bunch of drunk mayan guys came up with it along time ago. I am saying maybe this group specifically chose thise date BECAUSE it was going to match up with their plans.

I am willing to be a very select few people here have visited the mayan ruins, and even fewer have seen any sort of calendar from the mayas. Which leads me to believe if there was a powerful group of people behind this, they could rig this whole thing up (I.E. " oh gosh look what we found folks, a calendar that ends on 12/21/12 what does it mean? OH THE HUMANITY!")

so your kinda assuming that 12/21/12 is set in stone somewhere (quite literally perhaps) your also assuming there isnt a group of people in the world powerful enough to pull one over on the general public and put a date in everyones mind.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

also, here at ATS, we pride ourselves at taking a critical look at things, delving deepering, questioning the offical story. you just copy and pasted from the Lucis Trust Wiki, their mission statement to the general public, and then followed with the phrase "so thats the general jist of this place"

I would offer... uh no... thats not the general jist of this place.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by davidsander

They started this every seven year thing in 1922 (or thereabouts) so it's a far reach to think that they had anything to do with 2012 at all.

It's a front for publishing and pushing this Alice's books nothing more and nothing less. Yeah they may do some rather interesting things to do that, like these Solstice Celebrations but the fact still remains there's nothing on their site anywhere, that ties them at all to the 2012 nonsense other than the date of their little festival, which coincidentally is the same date EVERY SEVEN YEARS...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

They started this every seven year thing in 1922 (or thereabouts) so it's a far reach to think that they had anything to do with 2012 at all.

It's a front for publishing and pushing this Alice's books nothing more and nothing less. Yeah they may do some rather interesting things to do that, like these Solstice Celebrations but the fact still remains there's nothing on their site anywhere, that ties them at all to the 2012 nonsense other than the date of their little festival, which coincidentally is the same date EVERY SEVEN YEARS...

Yes I know they started in 1922, I read the book remember? its not a far reach, because what im saying, is in 1980, or maybe 1970, they said, "HEY guys ! lets do something big during one of our solstice meetings" and then some other guy was all like "YA! lets do it during the 2005 meeting!!!" and some other guy was all like "NO WAY MAN! lets do it during the 2012 meeting, ya, that'll really blow their minds" and then everyone elese was all like, YA!!!! see where im comming from?

im not saying that in 1922, they were like, well th"is is it, 2012 , here we come baby!!"

and these books, are new age books, having to do with one world government and population control, im guessing you don't know much about the new age movement

im guessing they wouldnt just spell in out on their website that 2012 is a big date for them.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

LOL and I have to draw this similarity here. America was founded in 1776, so the government couldnt have anything to do with 9/11 ! I mean , they were founded all the way back in 1776. In fact, anything that anyone believes the US government is behind, they are dead wrong. Heck, they couldnt even have invaded iraq or afghanistan, because they were founded back in 1776. Groups change, this morph and shift, ideas come about.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The 2012 date is based on a single Mayan calendar called the long count. The long count is an unending count of days. Part of that counting process is called a baktun. When the current baktun ends is dependent on matching up the Mayan calendar to the Gregorian calender. A correlation is determined between calendars. One correlation is called the GMT.

What attracted attention was a book put out in around 1984 that listed some tables of matching dates. In that table was the end of the baktun in 2012. The connection to 2012 and the Mayans was made by Arguelles. The others jumped on the 2012 bandwagon and things have good wacky every since.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

a book from 1984... you don't say Stereo.

Let me ask you this stereo, do you believe there is a powerful group of people who are intent on decreasing the population of the world?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

also, Stereo, I am wondering what book that is. the one you say came out in 1984?

(just as a side note between you and me, I don't believe any of this 2012 business, I find it very entertaining but not very realistic, don't tell anyone else tho, shhhhh)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
So what sort of population control are they espousing?

I looked online and I found some kooky commentary in which the Lucis group is mentioned alongside commentary from others, but not Lucis. All of the commentary I saw is being attributed to Stanley K. Monteith.

I found little on him except some comments about aspartame, NWO, fluoride, vague population stuff, Rockefellers, etc. Then I found this place.

www.radioliberty.com...
It says it is hosted by this guy.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I have no evidence for such a thing. Do you?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It was a book about the ancient Mayans by an archaeologist. I do not know the title.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
So what sort of population control are they espousing?

I looked online and I found some kooky commentary in which the Lucis group is mentioned alongside commentary from others, but not Lucis. All of the commentary I saw is being attributed to Stanley K. Monteith.

I found little on him except some comments about aspartame, NWO, fluoride, vague population stuff, Rockefellers, etc. Then I found this place.

www.radioliberty.com...
It says it is hosted by this guy.

what sort of population control? I dont know, anything I said would be speculation. Would you like me to speculate? I would rather refrain.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I do not

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

edit on 16-9-2012 by davidsander because: thought better of it

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidsander
reply to post by vkey08

LOL and I have to draw this similarity here. America was founded in 1776, so the government couldnt have anything to do with 9/11 ! I mean , they were founded all the way back in 1776. In fact, anything that anyone believes the US government is behind, they are dead wrong. Heck, they couldnt even have invaded iraq or afghanistan, because they were founded back in 1776. Groups change, this morph and shift, ideas come about.

Step away from the keyboard, go outside, Inhale, Exhale.

Relax, you seem too caught up in your ideas and thing are seeming to become very confusing.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

thank you for the advice

I've already been to town, painted over a spot on a door that I spackled, and Checked my live traps ( I caught a possum today!)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

what sort of population control? I dont know, anything I said would be speculation. Would you like me to speculate? I would rather refrain.

You don't need to refrain from speculation. Better yet you sent me this PM which I think could have been well used in the thread.

other than cigarettes, cheese burgers, or harmful chemicals, I do not have any proof for population control.

It is interesting that there are claims that there is something about this group and population control that is not on the up and up and you read a book about them and you can't put your finger on anything in particular. I think that speaks a lot about the claims. Don't you?

I find your lack of information about the group and population control of interest since you actually read something they sell, or put out as something about their group. This Stan Monteith made some accusation which may very well be false claims about the group.

Thanks for sharing your information about this issue.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

See, davidsander, we seem to be in agreement on some issues. Both of us either do not believe or have no evidence or whatever that some group plans to heavily reduce the world population.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

See, davidsander, we seem to be in agreement on some issues. Both of us either do not believe or have no evidence or whatever that some group plans to heavily reduce the world population.

Sterologist can you Provide proof there is not a group looking to reduce world population? I don't know weather there actualy is or not, but you seen pretty sure there isnt! Can you back this up with anything or are you going to use the fact that there is no proof they are, as evidence they are not?
edit on 16-9-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Op, we are already experiencing population reduction..

and

You must be of religion mindstate to think 2012 is going to be negative

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join